March 28, 2024, 02:44:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big government doesn’t help poor people, it makes people poor…  (Read 2476 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: December 31, 2009, 08:04:22 AM »

Big government doesn’t help poor people, it makes people poor…

For my simple brain, as government grows, the gap between poor and rich widens.  The middle class disappears.

Governments promise not to tax the middle class, but forget once they take the oath of office.

The special interests get a blank check to prosperity, paid for by the middle class.  The poor, are thrown a few not so meaty bones.

The rich, use the government money, and become wealthy.  The poor and middle class pay for the gambling debts of these folks, and work to ensure they have even more access to money.

Government doesn’t help poor people, it makes people poor…especially those on Main Street.

Under the Obama administration, there is no accountability to the people, no accountability to the representatives of the people.  For some reason, the representatives keep writing blank checks…

$4 TRILLION FOR THE FED

When congressmen weren’t busy passing 2,000 page health care bills they hadn’t read, they were busy voting for a 1,000+ page financial reform bill that they hadn’t read.

But now, OMG, someone has actually read the whole bill the House passed.   I thank David Reilly of Bloomberg News.  He reads it so we don’t have to.  One bombshell on page 438: the Fed and the Treasury Secretary will be allowed to declare a “financial crisis,” which would give them the power to lend private banks up to $4 trillion. All without congressional approval.

more here http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2009/12/30/4-trillion-for-the-fed/

It seems like big government doesn’t help poor people, it works all night long to make people poor.  Smaller government let the working people KEEP their money.  Big government wants everything you've got and puts you in debt for generations.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 08:22:29 AM »

Obama's stimulus bill...

Lots of debt, few jobs, and nothing for Main Street

Obama's mortgage adjustments - I watched someone explain how this is working on TV.  It seems like for just under a million dollars, the Obama admin restructured five loans that averaged from $180,000 to $190,000.  This COST taxpayers just under $1 million in admin fees.  Those five loans still need to be repaid, and taxpayers on probably on the hook for $1 million plus the loans.

A good use of money?  I agree with the host, it would have been cheaper to pay off those five loans and save taxpayers money.

Saving money, spending wisely is not the Obama way.

I want to know who got the windfall profit of $1 million dollars?  Community organizations?  Wall Street?  Special interests?

I don't think the $1 million went to Main Street.

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2009, 08:24:18 AM »

Government needs to claw back those admin fees...

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.