April 26, 2024, 12:10:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Couple remain jailed-allegedly broke infant daughters' leg Tahlequah OK  (Read 2308 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: December 31, 2009, 05:44:03 PM »

Published December 31, 2009 10:02 am - Dec. 31, 2009 

Couple remains jailed after alleged abuse
A Tahlequah couple remains jailed after being arrested last week for allegedly breaking their 2-months-old daughter’s leg.

TPD Detective Reed Felts, who works child abuse cases, said Amber Walker, 19, and Henry Carey, 18, are being held on child abuse counts. Their bonds are set at $15,000. Carey and Walker will be formally arraigned after charges are filed.

Felts said the victim, born Oct. 18, has been injured three times in her life. The two previous injuries were found Dec. 19 when the girl, who is now in state custody, was taken to Tahlequah City Hospital and a full skeletal X-ray was taken.

The X-ray showed the victim was injured sometime during the first month of her life and then during the Thanksgiving holiday when both legs were fractured and the third right rib in her back was broken.

Felts said the injuries allegedly occurred because Carey and Walker were fighting over control of the girl.

“It’s like they were playing tug-of-war with her,” he said.

Felts said Walker was holding the victim and Carey allegedly tried to pull her away by grabbing the girl’s legs.

The force broke her legs and the mother’s hold on her upper torso caused the rib injury.

Felts said the last injury resulted in the girl’s lower left leg being broken.

“The bone is in two pieces,” he said.

Felts said Carey and Walker were living with Carey’s mother at the time of the incidents. The case is being investigated by Tahlequah police and the Department of Human Services.

http://www.tahlequahdailypress.com/local/local_story_365110316.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2009, 06:55:55 PM »

Oh gosh doesn't that just make you want to hold and cuddle with that poor little baby? My heart just breaks knowing the amount of pain this little innocent soul felt at the hands of her so called parents.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.