April 19, 2024, 01:36:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions From You  (Read 51955 times)
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2007, 09:37:24 PM »

Hi Dana, I got this from someone close to LE and thought of you .

Someone Killed a Policeman Today

I approach the vehicle, as bluelights bounce around me,
It's not a matter of like and hate, it's the violation I saw.
As I get closer, the danger I do not see,
I'm thinking of enforcing the law.

I hear the shot, and feel the pain,
As I drop to the ground
The car speeds off driven by a man who has to be insane,
As I finally into my radio, mumble,"Officer Down!"

As I lay there, I thought of my wife,
I see the dreams we had made.
I ask the Lord to please spare my life,
Then I felt myself begin to fade.

I stopped him only for speeding,
Then I heard a sweet voice on my ear.
"Come with me son, to Heaven I am leading.
No more will you have to shed a tear."

I opened my eyes to see my Savior,
He said, "Follow me, my son.
He will pay for his behavior,
For you have performed a job well done!"

Rest in Peace

Somebody killed a policeman today,
And a part of Canada died.
A piece of our country he swore to protect,
Will be buried with him, at his side.

The suspect who killed him will stand up in court,
With counsel - demanding his rights;
While a young widowed mother must work for her kids,
And endure many long lonely nights.

The beat that he walked was a battlefield too,
Just as if he had gone off to war.
Though the flag of our nation won't fly at half-mast,
To his name they add a gold star.

Yup! Somebody killed a policeman today.
Maybe your town or mine,
While we slept in comfort, behind locked doors,
A cop put his life on the line.

Now his ghost walks the beat, on a dark city street,
And he stands at each rookie's side.
He answered the call, of himself gave his all,
And part of Canada died.

Rev. Charles E. Massey, Aux. Inspector,
Chaplain, O.P.

robl27
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2008, 04:27:16 AM »

Would like to hear some tech. Like the old days. Talk about XM, sirius and other things. You used to have good guests that I would enjoy. Even bring out the big discussion that's on everyones mind.. will my TV go dead on FEB 2009 (the 12'th, I think)

Mix it up a little.

Also, one more idea, is to have your show on a steady day and time. You used to be on Sundays. That worked well.

-Rob

I tweet and I tweet often: http://twitter.com/robl27
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2008, 11:45:47 AM »

Would like to hear some tech. Like the old days. Talk about XM, sirius and other things. You used to have good guests that I would enjoy. Even bring out the big discussion that's on everyones mind.. will my TV go dead on FEB 2009 (the 12'th, I think)

Mix it up a little.

Also, one more idea, is to have your show on a steady day and time. You used to be on Sundays. That worked well.

-Rob

I agree!
robl27
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 04:07:08 PM »

Drop the toll free number and use Skype, much cheaper (free).

http://www.skype.com

-Rob

I tweet and I tweet often: http://twitter.com/robl27
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2008, 04:46:41 PM »

Have you talked to George Smith's sister lately?  Klaasend posted the article below about cocaine found on the same ship that George disappeared from.  I found the article posted below that about George to confirm that both crimes occurred on the Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas. 

Klaasend posts on NH thread: 

http://cbs4.com:80/local/Brilliance.of.the.2.700385.html

Apr 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Feds Find Kilos Of Cocaine Stashed On RCCL Cruise

MIAMI (CBS4) ― A luxury cruise ship, which docked at the Port of Miami over the weekend was carrying more than just passengers, it was carrying an illegal load of cocaine.

Agents from US Customs and Border Protection and Immigration Customs Enforcement seized 16 kilos of cocaine from Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines 'Brilliance of the Seas.'
Security personnel on the ship found the drugs in a passenger cabin on April 11th. The cabin was sealed off until the vessel docked at the Port of Miami.

The drugs, 26 bricks of cocaine, was found hidden behind some ceiling panels. 16 kilos is about 35 pounds.

Officials say they think the cocaine was brought on the ship by passengers and left behind in order to be smuggled off the ship at a later date.

The ship had just returned from a voyage that included Aruba, Panama, Costa Rica and Grand Cayman.

I Posted in Response: 

NEW YORK August 5, 2005
Cruise Passenger Mystery Deepens
CBS) United States authorities are probing the disappearance early last month of a Connecticut man who was on a honeymoon cruise through the Mediterranean. They say it appears foul play may have been involved.

George Allen Smith IV was halfway into the cruise with his bride, Jennifer Hagel, when he vanished while the ship was off the Turkish coast, according to The Early Show co-anchor Hannah Storm.

"The captain came on and announced to everyone that there was a passenger missing," says Linda Bruck, who was on board the Royal Caribbean's "Brilliance of the Sea" with her husband, Larry Bruck.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/08/01/earlyshow/main712989.shtml

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2008, 01:09:12 PM »

Suggested topic:  increase in violence among our young people.  Include discussion of lack of respect for authority (teachers, police, parents) and why they then put it on the Internet like some sort of badge of honor.  There's been a big uproar in my city about shootings in and around schools.  Demonstrations by citizens, meetings and press conferences by our mayor and police superintendent followed.  We saw the girl beaten by 6 of her schoolmates at one of their homes.  What are we doing wrong?  Used to be if you talked back to a teacher you'd catch hell when you got home.  Now parents are suing the teacher and school administration.     Something's very very wrong. 

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2009, 07:09:55 PM »

Hi Dana

I would love to hear you discuss and possibly interview some key players in the Adji Desir case.  He is currently missing in So. Florida.  He has been featured briefly on AMW and Nancy Grace, but since has dropped out of site, yet is still missing.

Thanks!!
Dolce

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2009, 02:29:56 PM »

Hi Dana

I would love to hear you discuss and possibly interview some key players in the Adji Desir case.  He is currently missing in So. Florida.  He has been featured briefly on AMW and Nancy Grace, but since has dropped out of site, yet is still missing.

Thanks!!
Dolce

I also would like to have this on your show. Thanks, Dolce, for putting it here.  This child, and his family urgently need help.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.