March 29, 2024, 07:49:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggestions From You  (Read 50923 times)
Dana
Monkey Junky

« on: January 01, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »

Now that 2007 has arrived I look to you for some suggestions.
I will post some questions here and you can either respond here or by private email to bruins_fan@sasktel.net
I want to do the type of programming that everyone enjoys so it is important I get some responses from you.
Ok now the questions.

1. Do you enjoy the type of format that we have here on scared monkeys radio?

2. Do you have any guest suggestions?

3. A good talk show always gives the listener a chance to call and voice their opinion. I have a 1-800 # so you or guests can call toll free. Should I keep the toll free # ? Would you be willing to make a small paypal doantion to help with costs for it ?

4. Is there a particular night of the week that you want to listen live ? Or do you listen mostly to the podcast ?

5. Should we be doing more shows ?

Please get back to me as soon as you can.
Thanks
Dana

PS: Pay pal donations can be sent to my bruins_fan@sasktel address or click on the link at
http://st106.startlogic.com/~cbandtal/contact.htm
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 10:48:10 PM »

I enjoy the current format of the show.  I think you should restrict the number of cases/topics/guests to two.  More than that starts to get to be too much information to absorb in a small timeframe.  Especially since the nature of your show is to go a little more in depth.  

I wish more people would call in.  It seems there are a few of us who do regularly, but I feel awkward calling in all the time.  I'd like to hear questions and comments from others.  It makes it interesting.  I don't know how to get people to do this, but I will tell them that IT'S JUST LIKE TALKING ON THE PHONE to a friend about current events!   We know there are many articulate and intelligent listeners.  

I like Sunday night.  If there are topics and guests available, I'd like to hear more than one show each week.  Wednesday's good.  Sun-Wed maybe.  I prefer to listen live but it's not always possible.  

As for guests, I'd like to see you give airtime to some cases that get less TV coverage.  Last week there was a brief snippet about a West Point Cadet who disappeared--just one example.  If you have the ability to contact the family or authorities in this type of case, I'd like to hear more about it (while Greta wastes everyone's time talking with The Donald about The Rosie).  I've seen no followup on this case, but as I type this, Greta is covering some Texas cheerleader scandal.  

I'd also like to hear from more experts.  Like Clint van Zandt or Dr. Robbi (the psychiatrist that talks about the crazies), maybe detectives, defense attorneys or prosecutors (like Greta's panel).  It helps us understand how the "system" works and how the minds of the crazies work.  I'd also like to hear from a well-reputed and responsible psychic - Allison Dubois, James van Pragh, or many others who have worked with police departments and have credibility.  Again, anything that gets us an inside view of and better understanding of the process.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 11:31:39 PM »

Yes, I personally like the format of the program, have no specific recommendations for change. Might add that I have had no diffiiculty after the first couple of shows accessing the program.

I don't know how feasible this is....but would be interested to hear from some forensic experts ie Dr Michael Baden discuss some of the cases he has worked on, and take questions.

3. A good talk show always gives the listener a chance to call and voice their opinion. I have a 1-800 # so you or guests can call toll free.
I would certainly be willing to help with the cost of the 800#. Is it possible to email you live and direct during the show with questions for guests?

4. Is there a particular night of the week that you want to listen live ? Or do you listen mostly to the podcast ?
I do both....listen live and if I miss, Podcast. Sunday nights seem to be the time I can catch the show live most often. The 9-10 pm eastern is good for me personally but what ever is best for the majority is fine. To early I would likely miss it.

Honestly, when there is alot going on more shows may be good...alot of interviews, alot of info and questions........Times such as now, when things are slow, chatter is down you'd probably feel like you're talking to yourself,
at least I sometimes do.

Dana the shows have been very consistently good in content. I really enjoy them be it live or podcast. Jossy is always a great guest, Clint , and Tim are also great. How about Skeeters would he be willing to come on? How about Harold Copus? I know these are specifically in reference to Natalee. How about Mark Furman and his book about the Moxely case?maybe it's old news but it could be an incentive for him?

Thanks again for the show and asking for our input. Thank-you Red, Tom, Mrs. Red and Klaasend(who always reminds me when the show is on so I don't miss it ).
 Wink

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 03:44:25 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
3. A good talk show always gives the listener a chance to call and voice their opinion. I have a 1-800 # so you or guests can call toll free.
I would certainly be willing to help with the cost of the 800#. Is it possible to email you live and direct during the show with questions for guests?

BB, I can't speak for Dana, but I know people have e-mailed him with questions before and maybe during a show for his guests.  One problem I see with sending questions during the show is that Dana might not want to be distracted from listening and responding to his guest rather than reading e-mails.  Hopefully Dana can give us some guidance on what works the best and helps him do the best show for his guests and listeners.

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »

Quote from: "bleachedblack"
Yes, I personally like the format of the program, have no specific recommendations for change. Might add that I have had no diffiiculty after the first couple of shows accessing the program.

I don't know how feasible this is....but would be interested to hear from some forensic experts ie Dr Michael Baden discuss some of the cases he has worked on, and take questions.

I do both....listen live and if I miss, Podcast. Sunday nights seem to be the time I can catch the show live most often. The 9-10 pm eastern is good for me personally but what ever is best for the majority is fine. To early I would likely miss it.

Honestly, when there is alot going on more shows may be good...alot of interviews, alot of info and questions........Times such as now, when things are slow, chatter is down you'd probably feel like you're talking to yourself,
at least I sometimes do.

Dana the shows have been very consistently good in content. I really enjoy them be it live or podcast. Jossy is always a great guest, Clint , and Tim are also great. How about Skeeters would he be willing to come on? How about Harold Copus? I know these are specifically in reference to Natalee. How about Mark Furman and his book about the Moxely case?maybe it's old news but it could be an incentive for him?

Thanks again for the show and asking for our input. Thank-you Red, Tom, Mrs. Red and Klaasend(who always reminds me when the show is on so I don't miss it ).
 Wink

10 Days

Two replies.

I will be dropping the toll free number effective today, I hope this general lack of interest is also not a general lack of interest for the show?
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 12:52:20 AM »

Dana, I certainly understand how you would feel disgruntled.  I am very sorry that I have not been here and responded to this.  LIfe calls at times and secondary to so much in my life since September, I am not unlike many others, too much on my plate.  I have enjoyed every program you have had and I certainly see you as a crusader.  I know that apologies will not make this right, but with sincerest heart-felt regrets, I write this knowing that you probably think we are a bunch of slackers and I include myself as well.  It is your decision and I know that it is one of those decisions you did not come about lightly and even if you never do another program or you never post here again, I want you to know I enjoyed each program, most of which I had to listen to in retrospect.  Also know that you are one of my heroes, right up there with Tim Miller and Wendy Murphy, only you have better eloqution.  This is certainly a big loss to Scared Monkeys. Crying or Very sad

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 04:02:08 AM »

My 2 cents

For 24 yrs. online I have done OK with dial up, but the main reason I wish DSL now is for Dana's show and responding faster on the Natalee Thread

Dana, I do not wish you or Red or others to get discouraged at this moment... I think it is a slow time because of the holidays and regrouping. Also it used to be shows only on Sunday and now more... this is good but some us get lost in the process because we are doing other things at the moment. Not a gripe or a feel sorry comment, just life, technology and timing.

To some, it's a high learning curve. For instance, just for some to start blogging. I lurked for months and missed the first Monkey bus for I was too shy and didn't ask about an avatar. I really didn't come to life on the blog until Katrina, so I lurked from June to then or so.

Then for some of us who have never even had a reason to go into live streaming media or have an iPod this is all a new experience. I have attended conferences years ago when this was new cutting edge, but never had an interest until your show.

I was/am excited about our show and topics but sometimes got the notice of pending shows only if I was online at the time. When that happened I relied on the current bloggers who were listening and calling it to write in the blog about what was being said and happening.

Then, I missed your posts for feed back for I guess I wasn't online at the time... there seems to be a day, middle, night and late night "crew" when online.

Even tho I have been on the Natalee blog since about June 2005 I have just ventured into the Lounge.

Times right after Christmas and right after the first of the year are a regrouping time for many and a catch up time too.

Personally, I don't think the lack of responses to your questions is from the lack of interest but got lost in January shuffle.

I will come back later today and read your questions and respond.

Was the toll free number for the calls to the show? See, I still have more to learn. If it was, I would think it still would be very important. Many of those calling your show, when I read about it on the blog, might not afford long distance but then again it isn't right for you to carry the burden of a number that isn't being used.

Please keep up the good work and don't get discouraged. My late to be husband was an auto-mechanic. He always said the slow time was in Jan. when people are drained of money and energy. Maybe this might be the case now.

Thanks, Luv  IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 04:18:10 AM »

OK here's a go for one question:

When it was Sunday and I wasn't busy with something else, I used to make it like a party and always tune in by going downtown for WiFi to get your show live. In fact I'd put the dog in the car and we'd go downtown, sit in the car with a hamburger, fries and a coke (I share). The laptop battery would last through the hour, but then I sort of lost track of the show.

If I was busy, when I remembered, I would go back and download it later there. I did even listen with dial up too at home... ugh on dial up.

When it was on Sunday I prepared for it. The other nights caught me off guard or I found out online that I had missed it, got busy with something else and didn't download anything.

I'd prepare for any night if I knew for sure.

I personally liked Sundays tho. If I had a family and DSL or WiFi in home, I'd pick Sundays as I could always listen live or download it immediately after the homework and children were in bed. Laughing

Just some thoughts. Thanks.

oh, I love the content and the music as is!!!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
NM
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 05:15:05 PM »

Dana, sorry for the delay in my reply. holidays/work/everything have me way behind

1. I love the format. IMO it is what is so unique about your show/SM Radio.  I really appreciate that you allow your guests time to answer a question, allow them their train of thought, and time to pass on their information/knowledge to us listeners.

2. Currently, I'd be very interested to hear from the families, or US based investigators of the other missing Americans in aruba, such as Bud Larson, Max Devries.  

3. My calling plan does not charge by distance, just by minutes. But I know some callers do have to pay for long distance.

4. Unfortunately, I've been having trouble loading up the live shows.
   .Any night is fine, but I did got into the Sunday night groove.
    Also, I have given the SM Radio link to some friends who do not participate at SM, but enjoy listening to informative radio via Pod casts   during work.

Thank you for your hard work and radio shows.

Glenda wrote: "aruba's job was not to babysit Beth's daughter. Beth sent her daughter to swim with the sharks, she is responsible for what ever happened to Natalee." = there is no homicide in aruba, only SUICIDE.  Don't go to aruba if you value your life.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2007, 01:46:54 PM »

After getting an e-mail alert about dog fighting, I was reminded of the times I'd seen on Animal Planet shows about animal cruelty investigators working with local police to break up dog fighting rings and/or remove animals from a home after a raid for drugs, weapons and other gang-related criminal activities.  I also know that many on this board recognize the fact that animal abuse is often the precursor to violence against others.  The predators simply "move up the ladder".  

I have sent e-mails to three humane societies:  HSUS, ASPCA-New York and the Michigan Humane Society telling them about the Dana Pretzer show and that as a listener, I would like to hear them on his show.  I suggested they listen to one of his podcasts and contact him if they'd be interested in discussing the animal cruelty/crime connection.  I chose those three agencies because (1) I got the e-mail alert from HSUS and (2) ASPCA New York and the Michigan Humane Society do shows on Animal Planet.  I thought they might be the most receptive to doing something like this.  

As we hear more and more about crimes against children, missing persons and the sick minds that commit these crimes, I think it's worth getting a better insight into those who abuse anyone smaller and weaker and society needs to recognize that animal abuse is like a flare going up telling us there is a problem.  While I hope my e-mails will prompt someone to contact Dana, it might be something that he and Red could pursue from this end if they feel it would be a worthwhile topic.

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 11:00:22 PM »

One topic I'd like to hear discussed is why-oh-why Fox's ratings go up by 50% when they're covering Anna Nicole Smith.  Why do people LOVE hearing about Lindsay going into rehab or Brittany's life falling apart?  One of your guests mentioned this tonight (3-14-07).  

By the same token, why do people blame victims -- beyond the notion that if they can see it as the victim's own fault, then nothing like that could ever happen to them.  Both the Scott Peterson and Natalee Holloway cases have brought out such horrendous criticism of the victim's family.  What prompts people to do this?  Of course in the case of Holloway, the charge has been led by some in Aruba, but why jump on the "trash Beth" bandwagon?

LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 12:55:05 AM »

Didn't know where to post this; even the Lounge didn't seem right.  But it's a tape of a talk radio show (don't know who) playing a tape of a recent guest who likes to have a little fun with telemarketers.  It's pretty funny.  

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 09:27:16 PM »

I would like to make a guest suggestion. My suggestion is Pat Brown. She is an Investigative criminal profiler and author of "Killing For Sport: Inside the Mind of serial killers."

She does a good job giving commentary on cases. Here is her blog: www.patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com and her website is patbrownprofiling.com and there is a link for media to request an interview on there.

She explains things in a easy to understand style. She is also very blunt. And doesn't do psychobabble or make excuses for criminals and she doesn't go on ego trips.

And another suggestion is Lisa Pinto she is a former prosecutor and public defense lawyer. She is now a contributer with political mavens blog and is working on a book about the liberal bias in the criminal justice system.

Hope these suggestions are helpful.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 10:52:11 PM »

Levi - welcome to SM!  I'll make sure Dana sees your request!
Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2007, 10:39:27 AM »

Thank you for the Welcome klaasend. And if you go to politicalmavens.com there is a link for media to request an interview with one of their contributers. Lisa is very good. Some do not like her style because she is very blunt and doesn't apologize for the criminal element, but I have always enjoyed her commentary.  Very Happy

Levi
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2007, 06:03:53 PM »

I would like to make a guest suggestion. My suggestion is Pat Brown. She is an Investigative criminal profiler and author of "Killing For Sport: Inside the Mind of serial killers."

She does a good job giving commentary on cases. Here is her blog: www.patbrownprofiling.blogspot.com and her website is patbrownprofiling.com and there is a link for media to request an interview on there.

She explains things in a easy to understand style. She is also very blunt. And doesn't do psychobabble or make excuses for criminals and she doesn't go on ego trips.

And another suggestion is Lisa Pinto she is a former prosecutor and public defense lawyer. She is now a contributer with political mavens blog and is working on a book about the liberal bias in the criminal justice system.

Hope these suggestions are helpful.

These sound like great suggestions.  Pat Brown has been on Nancy Grace, I think.  She was on the guest list of Montel Williams last week talking about the McCann case.  (I wasn't home so didn't get to see it.)  Lisa Pinto sounds like she'd be interesting too.  Speaking of interesting, I'm off to find out what time tomorrow's show is.  Bye bye. 

Levi
Scared Monkey

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2007, 04:59:55 PM »

Hello LilPuma,  Very Happy Most of the talk shows have Pat on for only a few minutes. That is why I'd like to see her on Dana's show because he could talk with her for a while. I think Pat would like to go on the show as well, because she often complains about how there isn't enough time on some of these shows and how her comments get taken out of context.
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2007, 09:26:59 AM »

On page 5 of my Sunday paper, there was a little paragraph about some Hispanic group canceling their plans to hold their meeting/convention in Kansas City, Missouri because the Mayor appointed a member of the Minutemen to one of the Parks Boards.  Since Dana has the VP of the Minutemen on his show often, I thought I'd put it here in case he wants to ask her about it. 

Minnesota
Scared Monkey

Just My Personal Opinion

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 10:52:20 PM »

Hello Dana:

I am a new poster here.  I found this site by accident.  I was immediately drawn to the intellect and motivation the posters on this board have.  They are cordial and helpful.  They are forgiving and informed.  I could go on but suffice to say it is refreshing to read their posts on so many topics.  I am a true crime reader and I believe statistics will tell you that women are the biggest readers of same.  Maybe our natural curiosity?

I discovered your radio show through the Scared Monkeys Forum.  I have listened to many of your archived shows.  What a wonderful voice you have!  Your show is wonderful!  I have emailed my friends and they are tuning in.  There are many who listen to your program but do not, for one reason or another, post here.  Please do not let replies to your post here lead you to believe no one hears your program! Poppycock!  Please continue with your show!  The upcoming show sounds interesting! I'll be listening!  Is there a thread here that you monitor during your show to take questions for the guest?  If not, that may be an idea!  I have not even scratched the surface of this fantastic website but I am completely appeased by the wonder of it all!

Thanks to you and all the posters!
Minnesota

"The test of the morality of a society is what it does for its children." Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2007, 06:16:19 PM »

Hello Dana:

I am a new poster here.  I found this site by accident.  I was immediately drawn to the intellect and motivation the posters on this board have.  They are cordial and helpful.  They are forgiving and informed.  I could go on but suffice to say it is refreshing to read their posts on so many topics.  I am a true crime reader and I believe statistics will tell you that women are the biggest readers of same.  Maybe our natural curiosity?

I discovered your radio show through the Scared Monkeys Forum.  I have listened to many of your archived shows.  What a wonderful voice you have!  Your show is wonderful!  I have emailed my friends and they are tuning in.  There are many who listen to your program but do not, for one reason or another, post here.  Please do not let replies to your post here lead you to believe no one hears your program! Poppycock!  Please continue with your show!  The upcoming show sounds interesting! I'll be listening!  Is there a thread here that you monitor during your show to take questions for the guest?  If not, that may be an idea!  I have not even scratched the surface of this fantastic website but I am completely appeased by the wonder of it all!

Thanks to you and all the posters!

Minnesota

Thanks for the kind words, you can post suggestions here or anywhere. I usually see them.

Dana
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.