April 19, 2024, 05:51:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriel Johnson 8 mo., last seen 12/26/09 #1 1/01/10 - 1/15/10  (Read 525581 times)
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #360 on: January 07, 2010, 10:08:11 AM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34745488/ns/today-today_people/?ns=today-today_people

Is missing baby Gabriel still alive?
Police hold out hope for 8-month-old whose mother claimed she killed him

By Michael Inbar
TODAYshow.com contributor
updated 36 minutes ago

It’s a missing child case with an odd twist — and, authorities believe, possibly a better outcome in store than many.

Tempe, Ariz., resident Elizabeth Johnson told her estranged boyfriend Logan McQueary she had killed their 8-month-old son Gabriel, then backtracked and claimed she had given the boy to a couple she met in Texas.

For now, the incarcerated Johnson isn’t talking, but Tempe Police Sgt. Steve Carbajal told Meredith Vieira live on TODAY Thursday they have evidence young Gabriel is alive — and, hopefully, well.
Story continues below ↓advertisement | your ad here

“We are very hopeful, and we are getting information that Gabriel is alive,” Carbajal said. “That’s what’s keeping us going in this investigation, to return Logan’s baby boy to him.”

A frightening message
The missing child case began to unfold Dec. 8, when McQueary split from Johnson and moved out of the couple’s home. The two had experienced relationship problems, many of them involving their child.

Shortly after the baby’s birth, Elizabeth Johnson tried to give the child up for adoption to an Arizona couple, but McQueary fought against it. When McQueary wouldn’t agree to the arrangement, a custody hearing was set for Dec. 28. But two days before the scheduled hearing, he received a text message that chilled him to the bone — Johnson wrote that she had killed their child.

Appearing with Sgt. Carbajal on TODAY Thursday, McQueary said that after receiving the text, he didn’t want to believe his former mate was capable of such an act.

“[I was] scared, and the first thing I did was call her,” McQueary told Vieira. “I kept asking her whether she did it or not. She said ‘yes.’ I didn’t know what to do, so I went to the police.”

Cont at site

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #361 on: January 07, 2010, 10:15:01 AM »

I don't like the fact that Elizabeth went off her medication for postpartum depression, that is never good 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #362 on: January 07, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »

Police: Getting indications that Tempe baby is alive (with video)

Police said they are getting indications and information that a missing Tempe baby is alive, and the child's father said he's holding out hope that his son is OK.

Tempe police Sgt. Steve Carbajal told NBC's "Today" show that he's hopeful 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson will be returned to his father, Logan McQueary.

The baby was last seen in San Antonio in December with his 23-year-old mother, who allegedly told McQueary, her ex-boyfriend, that she'd killed their baby.

Elizabeth Johnson was arrested last week in Miami Beach, Fla., on suspicion of custodial interference after she failed to show up for a custodial hearing in Phoenix.

She has since told a Phoenix television station that she gave the boy away and made up the killing story.

McQueary spoke on several morning shows Thursday, saying that he hopes his child is being taken care of, and that he's safely returned.

Meanwhile, FBI officials in San Antonio are combing through a 1995 Oldsmobile in search of clues that could reveal the whereabouts of the baby.

On Tuesday, the FBI and police in San Antonio located Johnson's car, a white 1995 Oldsmobile Delta 88 with Arizona license plate AGZ4214, FBI Special Agent Erik Vasys said.

"We are in the process of inventorying the vehicle and searching it," Vasys said.

Authorities said Johnson spent Dec. 22 to 27 at two motels in San Antonio.

He declined to say what was found inside the car, which was parked at a Motel 6 at 7950 Interstate 35 South, near Interstate 35 and State Road 422. However, Vasys told the Associated Press a baby seat and other items were found inside, but there were no apparent signs of violence.

Vasys also declined to say whether Johnson had stayed at the motel.

Carbajal said that locating the vehicle was key to the investigation as there was a "possibility" the child may have still been in the car.

"We had information that she may have been looking to rid herself of the child, but at the same time, or around the same time, she made threats that she killed the baby," Carbajal said. "So which one was correct? That's what we were trying to figure out."

Johnson was arrested Dec. 30 without her son, who was last seen Dec. 26 by witnesses in San Antonio. The next day, she sent the baby's father a text message telling him she'd killed the baby. That's when he went to the police.

At a pre-scheduled hearing in Maricopa County Superior Court on Dec. 28, a judge awarded McQueary the custody of the child when Johnson didn't show up. A warrant for custodial interference was then issued for Johnson.

Since her arrest, she's invoked her right to remain silent and has refused to say what happened to the child. For the last seven months, a Phoenix couple has been trying to adopt the child, though McQueary has repeatedly refused to sign over his rights.

In a phone interview with a Phoenix TV station, Johnson said she gave her son to another couple she met at a San Antonio park.

"They approached me and came up to me as I was out alone with the baby at the park," Johnson told the TV station. "I trusted them. I believe in my heart they are good people."

In the interview, Johnson said she told McQueary she killed the child because "he had ruined my life and he hurt me and I wanted to hurt him. That was the only thing I could say that would hurt him."

Johnson said she told police about the San Antonio couple she reportedly gave Gabriel to. However, Tempe police have been unable to confirm her story, Carbajal said.

When asked if Johnson was concerned whether Gabriel was dead or alive, she simply replied "no, I'm not."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/01/07/20100107tr-MissingBaby07-ON.html
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #363 on: January 07, 2010, 10:17:47 AM »

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Update-FBI-working-on-sketch-of-couple-mom-says/1gW7IWXbyk-ZzYrCnWVD1g.cspx

Update: FBI working on sketch of couple mom says has missing baby

SAN ANTONIO -- The mother of a missing baby is said to be working with the F.B.I. on a sketch of the couple she allegedly gave the child to in San Antonio.

Elizabeth Johnson remains in a Florida jail. She told authorities she gave her 8-month-old son Gabriel to a couple she met with at Raymond Russell Park.

Cont. at site

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #364 on: January 07, 2010, 10:22:23 AM »

Elizabeth was placed in foster care at age 3

she has been in 5 foster homes

history of lying

her father was bipolar

no mention of her mother

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #365 on: January 07, 2010, 10:24:16 AM »

Update: Mom, FBI working on sketch of couple who may have missing baby
(video)

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Update-Mom-FBI-working-on-sketch-of-couple-who/1gW7IWXbyk-ZzYrCnWVD1g.cspx
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: January 07, 2010, 10:27:03 AM »

Mom says she gave baby to Texas couple

PHOENIX -- The Arizona mother of a baby who vanished the day after Christmas now claims she gave the 8-month-old boy to a Texas couple, complete strangers, police said as they pleaded for the public to help find the boy.

"They wanted the baby and she simply gave it to them," Bob Johnson, the grandfather of Elizabeth Johnson, told ABC News.

The grandfather was somewhat skeptical of the latest claims by Elizabeth Johnson, who is jailed in Florida awaiting extradition to Arizona.

"It sounded like a pretty weak story," Bob Johnson said. "It's almost on the border of unbelievable, that a person would do that with an 8-month-old child."

He said he doubts that Elizabeth Johnson harmed baby Gabriel Johnson, but said she used "poor judgment" in running from a custody fight in Arizona and that "she'll have to pay for that."

Tempe Police Sgt. Steve Carbajal appeared on ABC's "Good Morning America" Thursday and pleaded for the return of the baby.

"We want Gabriel returned safely," Carbajal said. "If somebody has Gabriel, if you could turn him into a fire department, a hospital, some safe place. That's all we're asking."

The baby's father, Logan McQueary -- who said earlier that he had received a text message from Johnson telling him she had killed the boy -- joined Carbajal in pleading for help to find the boy.

"Just please do the right thing and turn him over," McQueary said. "You don't have to worry about getting in trouble or anything like that. Take him to a fire station, any place, a hospital."

Carbajal said the baby was last seen Dec. 26 in San Antonio, where his mother's car was found Tuesday in a motel parking lot.

"We are receiving some indications that Gabriel is still alive," Carbajal said. "And we're very optimistic about that."

He asked for the public's help.

"Look for signs with your neighbors. If some people in your neighborhood or somebody you know starts buying items for a newborn child or an infant child that they hadn't had in the past, please report that."

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1249911
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #367 on: January 07, 2010, 10:30:45 AM »

Police: "Indications" Missing Baby Alive
Mother, Under Arrest, Claims She Gave 8-Month-Old to Strangers; Desperate Father Says She Said She'd Killed the Infant

(CBS/ AP)  Police say there are signs a baby missing since just after Christmas -- whose mother claims to have given him to complete strangers in a Texas park -- and whose father says she claimed to have killed the infant -- is alive.

Eight-month-old Gabriel Johnson, at the center of a heated custody dispute, was last seen in San Antonio with his 23-year-old mother, Elizabeth Johnson, of Tempe, Ariz. Authorities say Johnson spent Dec. 22-27 at two motels there.

Johnson's white Oldsmobile was found at a San Antonio motel Tuesday. A baby seat and other items were inside, and there were no obvious signs of violence, said FBI spokesman Eric Vasys.

Gabriel's biological father, Logan McQueary, said during a Monday news conference in Tempe that he had received a text message from Johnson telling him she had killed their son. But McQueary said he had "a feeling" the boy was still alive.

Johnson was arrested last week in Miami Beach, Fla., on suspicion of custodial interference after she failed to show up for a custodial hearing in Phoenix.

CBS News Correspondent Randall Pinkston reports that Johnson says she gave Gabriel away to total strangers in a San Antonio park.

In a jailhouse interview, Johnson told a reporter she "trusted them," and believes "in my heart they are good people."

Police worry the mother's strange story may not add up, Pinkston notes. For one, when prodded, Johnson couldn't come up with the couple's name or address.

In the interview, she admitted she'd "made a hasty decision, and I thought it would be ... I thought it was OK."

Asked whether she was worried about whether her son is dead or alive, she responded, "No, I'm not."

As for the assertion she'd killed her baby, Johnson said she did it to get back at McQueary, who'd "ruined my life, and he had hurt me, and I wanted to hurt him, and that was the only thing I could say that would hurt him"

On "The Early Show" Thursday, Tempe police Sgt. Steven Carbajal told co-anchor Maggie Rodriguez, "We have some indications that Gabriel is still alive. ... We're optimistic Gabriel is alive, and we're doing everything wee can to return Gabriel safely to his father."

He stressed that Tempe courts have named McQueary as Gabriel's custodial father. Calling McQueary a "loving father," Carbajal added, "There's no doubt in my mind that Gabriel would be very well off with Logan and his family."

McQueary told Rodriguez, "I'm really sad. I want to find Gabriel. I want to get any help we could get out there. I'm hoping he's with some people who don't know anything about this and ... if they're worried about getting in trouble, just take him to a fire station, a hospital, anywhere."

He said he thinks Johnson is capable of hurting Gabriel, but doesn't think she did.

"I want to give Gabriel a good life, make him part of the family. (Johnson) never seemed like she really cared much about him."

Pinkston points out this may not be the first time Johnson has tried to give Gabriel away. Another couple says she offered Gabriel to them after they met at an airport.

"What's more," Pinkston says, "court documents show this was one nasty custody battle, with Johnson reportedly arrested for cutting up all of McQueary's clothes and destroying much of their furniture."

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/01/07/earlyshow/main6066961.shtml
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #368 on: January 07, 2010, 10:37:11 AM »

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story/Update-FBI-working-on-sketch-of-couple-mom-says/1gW7IWXbyk-ZzYrCnWVD1g.cspx

SAN ANTONIO -- The mother of a missing baby is said to be working with the F.B.I. on a sketch of the couple she allegedly gave the child to in San Antonio.

Elizabeth Johnson remains in a Florida jail. She told authorities she gave her 8-month-old son Gabriel to a couple she met with at Raymond Russell Park.

Cont. at site
I sure hope this is real, and not some made up bs in Elizabeth's mind.
leslee
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #369 on: January 07, 2010, 10:47:35 AM »

Cont. at site

Hi NR and all monkeys

After reading this entire thread I am torn between thinking her bipolar got the best of her ( not that thats an excuse) or she found the "underground" couple that pyschowoman posted on her fb page Dec. 23rd.
Monkey with Class
Scared Monkey

« Reply #370 on: January 07, 2010, 10:51:16 AM »

Do we know what she did in Miami?  What was her demeanor throuout the day?  Did she just sleep in the Hostel or did she stay there throuout the day.   This could be very telling as to what type of actions she was performing.  I am sure the FBI/LE are sifting thru her cell phone records and text messages.  Wonder if they will provide any clues.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: January 07, 2010, 10:56:00 AM »

Today Show Video

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/34746158#34745448
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #372 on: January 07, 2010, 10:56:41 AM »

Cont. at site

Hi NR and all monkeys

After reading this entire thread I am torn between thinking her bipolar got the best of her ( not that thats an excuse) or she found the "underground" couple that pyschowoman posted on her fb page Dec. 23rd.
I really hope and pray that her bipolar topped with postpartum depression didn't get the best of her. Terrible combination, and then to have stopped her meds, scares me to death, what she may have done.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #373 on: January 07, 2010, 10:59:43 AM »

Do we know what she did in Miami?  What was her demeanor throuout the day?  Did she just sleep in the Hostel or did she stay there throuout the day.   This could be very telling as to what type of actions she was performing.  I am sure the FBI/LE are sifting thru her cell phone records and text messages.  Wonder if they will provide any clues.

I want to know how she got to Miami.  Tornado Bus which was confirmed as being the one she took last night does not go to Miami.  She had to get to Miami Beach from either Fort Myers or Plant City. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #374 on: January 07, 2010, 11:12:07 AM »

I want to know how she got to Miami.  Tornado Bus which was confirmed as being the one she took last night does not go to Miami.  She had to get to Miami Beach from either Fort Myers or Plant City. 
Not only that, how did she end up in a youth hostel? Did she know about this place ahead of time?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #375 on: January 07, 2010, 11:18:44 AM »

morning all...this is really sad and scary..

does anyone else ever wonder why children go off to foster care when there are grand parents around? Elizabeth was in and out of foster homes...don't know any of the circumstances  but as a grand parent, I couldn't imagine letting my grand child go to foster care if there was a chance that I could care for the child..in other words, if there was a  breath left in my body...Not judging anyone, just saying for me, that would not be an option if given a choice...makes me wonder if a child's life could have turned out differently if life had given them a different route ......dunno...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #376 on: January 07, 2010, 11:33:23 AM »

Does anyone else think that if a composite of the couple is made "Cheryl" will have a uncanny resemblance to Tammi and "Cheryl's husband" will have a great similarity to Jack?

I am believing more and more that Tammi has a lot to do with where things are at right now.  That she wanted a child so bad that she saw a vulnerability and took advantage of it at all cost.  Nothing has been said as to why EJ took of to San Antonio as a destination.  I do not think that was a random choice.  I think she was coaxed and groomed and preyed on.  JMO.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #377 on: January 07, 2010, 11:38:39 AM »

Cont. at site

Hi NR and all monkeys

Hi Leslee   

Here is a thought I want to toss out.  EJ came off her meds recently.  Enima woman is all over the net with the natural benefits of flushing out and how it cures everything.  Did Enima woman have anything to do with convincing EJ to stop her meds and then hook her up with the underground? 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #378 on: January 07, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »

NorthernRose...I think that your thinking is making a lot of sense....

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: January 07, 2010, 11:43:08 AM »

Speaking of Enima woman, she is busy deleting stuff from her MS.  Only 3 albums left today.  Bet her FB got an enima as well.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.