April 18, 2024, 07:48:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriel Johnson 8 mo., last seen 12/26/09 #1 1/01/10 - 1/15/10  (Read 525503 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #940 on: January 10, 2010, 12:42:41 PM »

Her mugshot has not shown up yet as being booked in

http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetModule&mn=Mugshot

Sherriff Joe looks like he means business.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #941 on: January 10, 2010, 12:50:56 PM »

I didn't think she would be moved until her extradition hearing on Jan 16th in Florida.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #942 on: January 10, 2010, 12:51:39 PM »

The longer Elizabeth sits in jail without cooperating, the more I think she is protecting herself, and herself only. She knows the truth would keep her in jail for a very long time. IMO
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #943 on: January 10, 2010, 12:52:23 PM »

Grandfather of missing baby says life was hard on mom

Elizabeth Johnson's grandfather says she grew up with a drug-addicted father and an alcoholic mother and then bounced around five different foster homes.

She has always been impulsive, secretive and prone to fits of rage. A relative says that as a child, she would break windows in her home and chased her father with a plunger.

Yet she carried a 4.0 GPA through high school, and she was determined to not let her son suffer the same kind of childhood she had.

That is why her grandfather Bob Johnson says he can't believe she would harm her baby, Gabriel, even to get back at the boy's father.

Elizabeth is now sitting in a Miami, Fla., jail, awaiting extradition to Arizona, and a nationwide search is on for her 8-month-old baby after she sent text messages to the boy's father, Logan McQueary, saying she'd killed their baby. She later recanted, saying she'd given Gabriel to a couple she met in a park in Texas.

The drama played out on national television all last week, with McQueary, appearing on national cable news stations and network morning shows pleading for Gabriel to be returned.

"She's got a spiteful streak," said Bob, who is the person Elizabeth has turned to the most since her parents died.

"She has a pattern of physical destruction," he said. "I don't know why she hates Logan so much. He tried as hard as he could to make her happy, but she's a tough horse to ride."

Court records and interviews show that Elizabeth's fights with McQueary were so violent that she cut up his clothes and broke windows in the apartment they shared. Elizabeth was charged with domestic-violence-related criminal damage and went into a diversion program, court records show.

McQueary got an order of protection against her in September, but it took only days for the couple to make up. He didn't appear in court, and the order was quashed.

In early December, three days before Elizabeth took her baby and left Arizona in her 1995 Oldsmobile, she told her grandfather, "I'm taking care of business."

She rented out a room in her home at a Tempe trailer park to a man found through Craigslist.

She told Bob she had a job interview and needed a ride. The next time he heard from her was nearly two weeks later, when she called collect from jail.

Elizabeth has refused to talk to police or the FBI, who are trying to piece together her cross-country odyssey. Before she was arrested in Florida, she texted McQueary from Texas and said she killed the boy and left him in a dumpster. She later told to a local television station that she gave him away to a couple she met in a San Antonio park.

According to McQueary, the couple broke up on Dec. 8. Around the same time, Elizabeth told her grandfather about the plan to give Gabriel to Jack and Tammi Smith, a Scottsdale couple.

She had met Tammi at Boston's Logan International Airport. The Smiths spent the following seven months trying to adopt Gabriel. They even had custody of him for 10 to 12 days.

Police now suspect the Smiths may know the child's whereabouts and have named them persons of interest in the case.

Bob said his granddaughter told him the baby's best future lay with the Smiths.

"I want him to have a better life than I did," she told him, "and the way things are going with me and Logan, he doesn't (have) a chance."

McQueary refused to sign over his parental rights. Elizabeth told her grandfather she planned to circumvent McQueary by avoiding him for 30 days and then claiming abandonment. It didn't take long for him to catch on. He petitioned for full custody on Dec. 11.

A week later, McQueary went to Elizabeth's trailer to pick up the boy, but she was gone.

Since then, Bob has heard from his granddaughter twice. First, she called to ask for Tammi Smith's home phone number to call her collect from jail. In the second conversation, which was recorded by a local television station, Elizabeth said she had not killed her baby but had given him to a couple in a San Antonio park.

Bob said he is not sure he believes that story, but he does think the boy is alive.

He has photos of Gabriel with his parents at Thanksgiving. One shows them feeding him. Another shows Elizabeth lying on the couch with her legs draped across McQueary, both smiling. The whole day, relatives commented on how much McQueary doted over the boy. The couple seemed happy.

When asked if Elizabeth was capable of following through on the threats she made to McQueary, Bob paused.

"I think anybody is capable, including Elizabeth, in a fit of rage," he said.

"I just hope they find the baby healthy and well, and these criminal charges get worked out," he said. "I'd like to see that baby put in a good home."

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2010/01/10/20100110missingbaby0110.html

Maybe they were going to hire her at one of their clinics since she had experience   

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #944 on: January 10, 2010, 12:54:17 PM »

I didn't think she would be moved until her extradition hearing on Jan 16th in Florida.

I did not think so either but
PHOENIX, Ariz.-- The mother at the center of a national missing baby case has been extradited to Phoenix from Florida, according to Maricopa County Sheriff's deputies.

http://www.abc15.com/content/news/southeastvalley/tempe/story/Mother-of-missing-baby-gets-extradited-to-Arizona/xgsbK2cK80iD5ZWBC0ifjg.cspx
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #945 on: January 10, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »

Northern Rose....so sorry....I was totally frozen and could not answer you. 

Re the reason for Victoria...really do not know.  I remember it as a smallish Texas town
and when checking the links, a high mexican population....but who really thinks the
baby has gone to Mexico...?  He might well be right there in Victoria.

Daughter went to college in San Antonio and had friends in Victoria.  Wish I could
help but really know nothing of the underground...or baby brokers for that matter.

Again...thanks.

Mere, it is funny (odd) you said this. I was reading an article the other day on this case and my daughter walked in and sat down beside me, looked over and asked what happened to him (she saw his photo but not the title) I asked what she meant and she said she saw him with a Hispanic couple in a store here and when she asked what his name was, the woman said Gabriel, she told them how cute he was and walked away, when she looked back, she said the couple were visibly arguing but she was not sure why. I dismissed it because she makes up stories, how ever, she told me this before I told her he was missing and I just did not think a Hispanic couple would 'adopt' a white baby. She was visibly shaken when I told her he was a missing baby. I just don't know what to think.
I wanted to add, I also dismissed what my daughter said, not just because of her history of story telling,but because I felt EJ had killed baby Gabe.

Wow - did you call LE?
Hi, no, I did not because again, my daughter is known for making up stories and I still think that if someone had him, he would have been turned over already.  I just have a very difficult time believing my daughter on things such as this, I mean she makes up stories on stupid little things as well as important things, so I never know when to believe her. I would hate to waste LE time for one of her trumped up stories so I just don't know what to do.

Searching  That is a hard call for sure. Might you call LE and tell them what she said but kind of tell them why you are having a hard time believing her etc. If it's nothing they can just put it down as bad lead. But if was him it might help find him. Hope that helps. Like I said it's a hard call for sure.
Thank you GE. It is a difficult decision and I have had sleepless nights since she said it just trying to figure out how to handle it.

Searching.....   It would not take long for LE to check this out.   The store prob has video system installed.   I would at least call and tell them your daughter's thoughts.   And explain she has made up stories before.  No stones should be left un checked.
That is true and I am giving them a call and going to let them decide if they want to follow up or not. Thanks

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #946 on: January 10, 2010, 12:58:13 PM »

The longer Elizabeth sits in jail without cooperating, the more I think she is protecting herself, and herself only. She knows the truth would keep her in jail for a very long time. IMO

I was just reading up on Sherriff Joe and he does not make it easy to be in his jails.  I now remember him from a story about his tent city.  He does not believe in letting out inmates because the jails are full and has a no frills jail policy.  This is not going to be the Hilton for her. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #947 on: January 10, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »

I was just reading up on Sherriff Joe and he does not make it easy to be in his jails.  I now remember him from a story about his tent city.  He does not believe in letting out inmates because the jails are full and has a no frills jail policy.  This is not going to be the Hilton for her. 
It will not be, Sheriff Joe does not fool around.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #948 on: January 10, 2010, 01:02:26 PM »

MCSO: Missing Baby Mom Extradited To Ariz.
Still No Sign Of 8-Month-Old Gabriel

PHOENIX -- The mother at the center of a missing baby case is back in Arizona, according to Maricopa County sheriff's deputies.

MORE...

http://www.kpho.com/news/22197770/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #949 on: January 10, 2010, 01:04:22 PM »

Grandfather of missing baby says life was hard on mom

Elizabeth Johnson's grandfather says she grew up with a drug-addicted father and an alcoholic mother and then bounced around five different foster homes.

She has always been impulsive, secretive and prone to fits of rage. A relative says that as a child, she would break windows in her home and chased her father with a plunger.

Yet she carried a 4.0 GPA through high school, and she was determined to not let her son suffer the same kind of childhood she had.

That is why her grandfather Bob Johnson says he can't believe she would harm her baby, Gabriel, even to get back at the boy's father.

Elizabeth is now sitting in a Miami, Fla., jail, awaiting extradition to Arizona, and a nationwide search is on for her 8-month-old baby after she sent text messages to the boy's father, Logan McQueary, saying she'd killed their baby. She later recanted, saying she'd given Gabriel to a couple she met in a park in Texas.

The drama played out on national television all last week, with McQueary, appearing on national cable news stations and network morning shows pleading for Gabriel to be returned.

"She's got a spiteful streak," said Bob, who is the person Elizabeth has turned to the most since her parents died.

"She has a pattern of physical destruction," he said. "I don't know why she hates Logan so much. He tried as hard as he could to make her happy, but she's a tough horse to ride."

Court records and interviews show that Elizabeth's fights with McQueary were so violent that she cut up his clothes and broke windows in the apartment they shared. Elizabeth was charged with domestic-violence-related criminal damage and went into a diversion program, court records show.

McQueary got an order of protection against her in September, but it took only days for the couple to make up. He didn't appear in court, and the order was quashed.

In early December, three days before Elizabeth took her baby and left Arizona in her 1995 Oldsmobile, she told her grandfather, "I'm taking care of business."

She rented out a room in her home at a Tempe trailer park to a man found through Craigslist.

She told Bob she had a job interview and needed a ride. The next time he heard from her was nearly two weeks later, when she called collect from jail.

Elizabeth has refused to talk to police or the FBI, who are trying to piece together her cross-country odyssey. Before she was arrested in Florida, she texted McQueary from Texas and said she killed the boy and left him in a dumpster. She later told to a local television station that she gave him away to a couple she met in a San Antonio park.

According to McQueary, the couple broke up on Dec. 8. Around the same time, Elizabeth told her grandfather about the plan to give Gabriel to Jack and Tammi Smith, a Scottsdale couple.

She had met Tammi at Boston's Logan International Airport. The Smiths spent the following seven months trying to adopt Gabriel. They even had custody of him for 10 to 12 days.

Police now suspect the Smiths may know the child's whereabouts and have named them persons of interest in the case.

Bob said his granddaughter told him the baby's best future lay with the Smiths.

"I want him to have a better life than I did," she told him, "and the way things are going with me and Logan, he doesn't (have) a chance."

McQueary refused to sign over his parental rights. Elizabeth told her grandfather she planned to circumvent McQueary by avoiding him for 30 days and then claiming abandonment. It didn't take long for him to catch on. He petitioned for full custody on Dec. 11.

A week later, McQueary went to Elizabeth's trailer to pick up the boy, but she was gone.

Since then, Bob has heard from his granddaughter twice. First, she called to ask for Tammi Smith's home phone number to call her collect from jail. In the second conversation, which was recorded by a local television station, Elizabeth said she had not killed her baby but had given him to a couple in a San Antonio park.

Bob said he is not sure he believes that story, but he does think the boy is alive.

He has photos of Gabriel with his parents at Thanksgiving. One shows them feeding him. Another shows Elizabeth lying on the couch with her legs draped across McQueary, both smiling. The whole day, relatives commented on how much McQueary doted over the boy. The couple seemed happy.

When asked if Elizabeth was capable of following through on the threats she made to McQueary, Bob paused.

"I think anybody is capable, including Elizabeth, in a fit of rage," he said.

"I just hope they find the baby healthy and well, and these criminal charges get worked out," he said. "I'd like to see that baby put in a good home."

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2010/01/10/20100110missingbaby0110.html

Maybe they were going to hire her at one of their clinics since she had experience   

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #950 on: January 10, 2010, 01:04:45 PM »

Northern, I have called three different terminals for Tornado bus lines and this is what I have been told by all three. Houston Tx. is the hub for Tornado bus lines. If EJ got on the bus in San Antoinio, it would have went from SA to Houston. From Houston straight across to Ft. Myers. They have no terminal in Ft. Lauderdale. If someone got on the bus in SA it would not have gone to Victoria. The bus from SA leaves at 12 noon everyday. From SA-Ft.Myers is $170.00 one way. From what I have understood, since all of the agents I have talked with are Hispanic and hard to understand, their bus lines does not go through Victoria at all. 

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #951 on: January 10, 2010, 01:07:02 PM »

Mother Of Missing Baby Returned To Arizona
The woman who’s at the center of a missing baby case with ties to Texas was back in Arizona Sunday.

PHOENIX (January 10, 2010)--The woman who’s at the center of the case of a missing baby who was last seen in Texas was back in Arizona Sunday.

Maricopa County sheriff's deputies said Elizabeth Johnson was transferred from Miami where she had been held since her recent arrest.

Authorities are trying to determine what happened to Johnson's 8-month-old son Gabriel, who was last seen with her in San Antonio last month.

She said she gave the boy away there.

She made that statement after she told her ex-boyfriend she had killed the baby, but police don't think the child has been harmed.

Now, authorities say they are interested in a couple from Scottsdale that earlier wanted to adopt the baby and may know more about the missing child than they’re telling investigators, authorities said.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/81092982.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #952 on: January 10, 2010, 01:17:05 PM »

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/roo/1537399982.html  About the hostel where Elizabeth stayed, now I see why she stayed there, not having any knowledge of hostels, it answered my questions.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #953 on: January 10, 2010, 01:25:03 PM »

I remember this guy.. He makes them Earn their way to a proper bed and food.
But that is only for the convicted and she is not convicted of anything yet.

Kinda sounds like to me , This girl suffers from fetal alcohol syndrome from birth along with drugs doing damage to her chromosome makeup and she has been abused during her years of growing up.. Then it is postnatal depression.. Now she is an angry Bomb , looking for a place to explode.. No Logic just pure anger.
Her grandpa says she is a wild horse to ride..
It is an understatement..
She is an impossible Horse to Ride.
This child never had a chance.
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #954 on: January 10, 2010, 01:27:21 PM »

Police are just guessing.

So am I.

She needs to tell and show.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #955 on: January 10, 2010, 01:34:48 PM »

I remember this guy.. He makes them Earn their way to a proper bed and food.
But that is only for the convicted and she is not convicted of anything yet.

Kinda sounds like to me , This girl suffers from fetal alcohol syndrome from birth along with drugs doing damage to her chromosome makeup and she has been abused during her years of growing up.. Then it is postnatal depression.. Now she is an angry Bomb , looking for a place to explode.. No Logic just pure anger.
Her grandpa says she is a wild horse to ride..
It is an understatement..
She is an impossible Horse to Ride.
This child never had a chance.
I can't stop thinking about her being bi polar, suffering from postpartum depression and off her medications. Also what she did inside that apartment, breaking things, and cutting things with a knife. 
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #956 on: January 10, 2010, 01:37:51 PM »

I understand that Elizabeth was raised in the Eastern part of the US, perhaps MASS., althought I saw VERMONT on
the peoplefinders.com, "Bob W. Johnson", if this is who I believe may be gRANDPA.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #957 on: January 10, 2010, 01:39:58 PM »

Northern, I have called three different terminals for Tornado bus lines and this is what I have been told by all three. Houston Tx. is the hub for Tornado bus lines. If EJ got on the bus in San Antoinio, it would have went from SA to Houston. From Houston straight across to Ft. Myers. They have no terminal in Ft. Lauderdale. If someone got on the bus in SA it would not have gone to Victoria. The bus from SA leaves at 12 noon everyday. From SA-Ft.Myers is $170.00 one way. From what I have understood, since all of the agents I have talked with are Hispanic and hard to understand, their bus lines does not go through Victoria at all. 

Thank you for calling!  Something is wrong with the reporting of the bus.  The Fox clip http://www.foxsanantonio.com/newsroom/top_stories/videos/vid_903.shtml shows the Tornado terminal and the agent.  He said she waited for an hour in the terminal and paid $180.00 for the ticket for the bus that left at 1:00.   Could another bus line use the terminal?

She either did not wait in the terminal for an hour, or took a 1:00 bus to another place?      

The fact that the Tornado bus line does not go  through Victoria rules out her being their on their bus though. 
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #958 on: January 10, 2010, 01:41:57 PM »

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/roo/1537399982.html  About the hostel where Elizabeth stayed, now I see why she stayed there, not having any knowledge of hostels, it answered my questions.

Great find No Rose!  I have been craigslist diving since yesterday as it seems to be EJ's favourite place that we know of on the net.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #959 on: January 10, 2010, 01:44:47 PM »

Police are just guessing.

So am I.

She needs to tell and show.

I agree with you that Police are just guessing right now.  Wonder if bringing her back to AZ is part of the plan in the hopes that she will be more talkative?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.