April 19, 2024, 07:04:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Illegal Alines, and the Jobs American's Don't Want  (Read 1500 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 04, 2010, 10:28:45 AM »

I got the Glenn Beck book, "Arguing With Idiots" over Christmas.  It has lots of stuff with examples.

He gives some examples about illegal immigrants and the underground economy.

From page 138 -

"Howard Industries, an electronics maker in Laurel, Mississippi, was raided in the fall of 2008.  Hundreds of citizens soon lined up to apply for the new job opportunities, including one woman who drove 40 miles."

"Crider Inc., a chicken processing company in Stillmore, Georgia, suddenly raised their pay to more than a dollar an hour ocer what they were paying illegal aliens.  About 400 unemployed people showed up for interviews, half of whom were subsequently hired."

From page 136 -

"Black janitors in the hotel industry in Los Angeles once earned $12 an hour with benefits. Then illegal labor flooded the market.  Wages dropped to $3.35 an hour, displacing almost all legal employees."

From page 137 -

"Bear Steans reported that between four and six million jobs have moved to the underground economy since 1990.  Those aren't the "jobs Americans won't do," but rather the jobs they used to do before illegal labor became much more attractive to employers...."

I wonder, how many Americans would have jobs if illegal aliens were deported?  Sent home?  Encouraged to leave?

Why isn't Obama going after those six million jobs?

No jobs for Americans and those here legally.

How many companies/businesses are owned by illegal aliens, slip through the cracks of government regulation and taxation?  Bank deposits?

Do all those landscape companies pay taxes and employ legal people in proportion to the number of trucks/vehicles they have?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 10:38:25 AM »

Gonzalez pleads guilty
Former HI executive admits to hiring illegals

Jose Humberto Gonzalez was initially indicted on 25 counts of conspiracy and employee verification fraud in May following the August 25, 2008 U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) raid at the Laurel plant and Ellisville headquarters of Howard Industries, Inc., that resulted in more than 600 arrests in the largest workplace raid of illegal immigrants in U.S. history…

600 jobs for unemployed Americans?

Cleveland further stated that Gonzalez also helped reassure foreign workers who feared being arrested by immigration authorities at Howard’s transformer plant, noting that “on one occasion, in December 2005, defendant Gonzalez was summoned to the plant on a Saturday after a rumor of an immigration raid had swept through the plant earlier that morning.”

http://www.leadercall.com/local/local_story_344105856.html

How many of the construction/infrastructure/union/stimulus jobs are going to illegal aliens?

With all this construction, for some reason, folks I know of in the construction industry are without jobs.

No jobs for Americans?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 10:51:51 AM »

Immigration raid cripples Georgia town

At Sucursal Salina No. 2, a store stocked with Mexican fruit sodas and snacks, cashier Alberto Gonzalez said Wednesday that the owner may shutter the place. By midday, Gonzalez has had only six customers. Normally, he would see 100.

The B&S convenience store, owned by Keith and Regan Slater, the mayor's son and grandson, has lost about 80 percent of its business.

Don’t Americans buy groceries?  Shop at convenience stores?

Crider President David Purtle said the agents began inspecting the company's employment records in May. They found 700 suspected illegal immigrants, and supervisors handed out letters over the summer ordering them to prove they came to the U.S. legally or be fired. Only about 100 kept their jobs.

600 jobs for unemployed Americans?

Stacie Bell, 23, started work canning chicken at Crider a week ago. She said the pay, $7.75 an hour, led her to leave her $5.60-an-hour job as a Wal-Mart cashier in nearby Statesboro. Still, Bell said she felt bad about the raids.

"If they knew eventually that they were going to have to do that, they should have never let them come over here," she said.

Americans are allowed to work at the low pay Walmart jobs, but aren't allowed to work at the higher paying factory jobs?

Where is the sympathy for unemployed Americans?  Those on Main Street?

Americans, and those here legally that need to support themselves and families?

http://www.indybay.org/newsitems/2006/09/18/18312321.php

How many processing jobs will move to Mexico and Brazil?

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.