April 18, 2024, 12:34:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Street Raiders / Reapers & The Federal Reserve  (Read 1612 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 04, 2010, 11:45:55 AM »

I remember in the olden days, Wall Street raiders would buy companies rich in assets, stop their purpose, put people out of work and sell off the assets.  The companies were worth more out of business, than creating wealth.

I remember movies made about this.  Was this Wall Street business financed by taxpayers?  The Federal Reserve?

For some reason the Federal Reserve seems to have many ties to Wall Street, hedge funds, and banks.

Did taxpayers fund this job destruction? 

Today, the biggest banks seem to be getting bigger, absorbing smaller and medium sized banks.  Banks, that are to big to fail.

Lehman seems to have lots of assets, compared to their debt, at least in my mind.  Was Lehman worth more dead than alive?  Those hedge funds that stand to collect in bankruptcy courts around the globe, what are they losing?

Who loses in Lehman's bankruptcy courts?  Who owns the debt and will not recover.

For some reason GM & Chrysler didn't follow the rules.  Main Street lost - municipal employees and those that should have been first in line to recover got the shaft.

Were GM & Chrysler worth more dead than alive?  Except for special interests like unions?

I keep reading about all the small and medium sized banks being shut down the the Treasury and Federal Reserve.  Shut down on Friday, open on Monday under a new name, usually one of the biggest bank names, those to big to fail.  At least, that is my perception.

Are those small banks worth more dead than alive?

I seem to read about really big banks raising interest rates, payments, and giving cardholders and mortgage holders the business.

I don’t read about that happening at small banks and in small communities.  I have to believe that small banks are really part of the community.  Small banks are neighbors, the folks you go to church and school with.  They have no reason to raise the interest rates Americans pay on credit cards and loans.

Why do they keep merging with these big banks?

Is the ‘gold’ in the credit card interest?  Will the big banks ramp up the interest rates on small town customers?

Big banks don’t have a reason to care about anyone.  They aren’t your neighbors, your family, your friends.

They are in the business of making money.  They seem to have connections in the Treasury and Federal Reserve.

Are small banks worth more dead than alive?  A chance to milk and destroy small towns everywhere?

Are these big banks using taxpayer money via the Federal Reserve and Treasury to buy this credit card and loan business?

American tax payer dollars funding this misery?

Or, are these Wall Street raider digging deep into their pockets and using their own money?

If you make billions or millions in salary and bonus, you should use your own money.  Why are the Treasury, Federal Reserve, Congress, and Obama giving these folks access to free or no cost money?

Something just not right about all this...

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 12:09:16 PM »

Obama wants $4 Trillion for the small banks.  Have the best ones been cherry picked this past year?

Value is often in the eye of the beholder.  Were the small banks that failed this year worth more to bigger reapers dead?

Maybe they had credit card debt or loans that hold great monetary harvests?

The problem banks that are left will be bailed out, creating another taxpayer funded pass through?

I wonder if the asset lists of these failed institutions hold any answers?

Are the financials of these absorbed failed banks public record?  Details for analysis?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.