April 17, 2024, 06:05:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JSM's BEGGING FOR BAN THREAD #12  (Read 678016 times)
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2500 on: January 23, 2010, 01:19:42 PM »

I'm supposed to be doing wash right now. 

It's supposed to be in the 40's today, and nothing but sun! I should be outside!
Yes you should 

I know. I'm slowly getting there.  There aren't too many options here as far as stores, but Walmart is only about 15 minutes away, so that's where I'm headed. At least it's getting out of the house. Been way too cold & we all have cabin fever.
I always end up at Walmart  It drives me nuts, but at the same time I know a lot of the people that work there, since it is so close to my house, and I feel comfortable shopping there. And besides, no need to dress up, or put make up on 

Be careful - you will end up on the peopleofwalmart web site!!!!   Monkey Devil!

Everytime I look at that site, I'm hoping I don't see someone I recognize! 

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2501 on: January 23, 2010, 01:21:34 PM »

I just love those old ads also  The beret one made me laugh, I remember getting an orange one  in the eighth grade, I really thought I was something else 

I always wanted a beret and never got one as there were more important things to spend on. Got my first Barbie from my hubby when I was 35.  I only had a Skipper and my mom found her tossed out.  She cleaned her up and made her a bunch of clothes for her. 
  an angelic monkey My mom use to knit clothes for Barbi, and my grandma and a friend of theirs would sew Barbie clothes for me. I got some of the store bought Barbie clothes sometimes.

I didn't play with Barbies.All mine were like brand new and passed down to my sister.I was like...     now way.
My Dad came back from Army camp one summer and brought me a boy doll that was wearing boxing gloves and had a black eye and I was like       
Went from that to football.My poor mother.   Monkey Devil!

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #2502 on: January 23, 2010, 01:22:19 PM »

It's supposed to be in the 40's today, and nothing but sun! I should be outside!
Yes you should 

I know. I'm slowly getting there.  There aren't too many options here as far as stores, but Walmart is only about 15 minutes away, so that's where I'm headed. At least it's getting out of the house. Been way too cold & we all have cabin fever.
I always end up at Walmart  It drives me nuts, but at the same time I know a lot of the people that work there, since it is so close to my house, and I feel comfortable shopping there. And besides, no need to dress up, or put make up on 

Be careful - you will end up on the peopleofwalmart web site!!!!   Monkey Devil!
I would just die if I some myself on there  That is one site my daughter and I love to look at.
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2503 on: January 23, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »

Yes you should 

That's funny! There's definitely no need to dress up, or use make up, especially when you see how others look. Sometimes, it's just too freaky! I'll never understand how people don't realize how stupid they look! 

Whats really sad is some of them think they look so cool. 

Yep yep! Some of them are way out there! I think now it's catching on that they may get their pic taken, and they do it purposely, but you couldn't pay me to look like that! No way!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2504 on: January 23, 2010, 01:22:37 PM »

My Mom's Senior group has a monthly newsletter.  In one edition they recommended that if you want to save money on groceries go to http://www.hotcouponworld.com/

You can print coupons and their coupon database is kept up to date.  You can sort the coupons by store as well to see what the instore special coupons are. 

Thanks Northern Rose.

My MIL has shopped like that always. She gets the paper and goes though all the adds and then makes her list.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2505 on: January 23, 2010, 01:24:44 PM »

I just love those old ads also  The beret one made me laugh, I remember getting an orange one  in the eighth grade, I really thought I was something else 

I always wanted a beret and never got one as there were more important things to spend on. Got my first Barbie from my hubby when I was 35.  I only had a Skipper and my mom found her tossed out.  She cleaned her up and made her a bunch of clothes for her. 

Playing with Barbie's was my favorite thing to do, up until I was a teenager! They have such cool one's now. 
Mine too, and when my girls were small, sometimes I think that I was buying Barbi stuff that I would have wanted to play with instead of what they may have wanted to play with. They have a lot of Barbie things, I kept almost all of it.

I know! Me too! My daughter has a huge bin with just barbies! When my sister and I were young, my grandmother had given us her barbies, and told my mother not to let us play with them, as they were still in their boxes, and sure enough, she let us at them. Didn't have a happy grandmom after that!
Yes, and my youngest daughter would take the head off and pop the head on another Barbi, some of the Barbi's don't look to good anymore, but I kept them any way. I remember buying one year this cool Barbi horse 
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2506 on: January 23, 2010, 01:24:58 PM »

an angelic monkey My mom use to knit clothes for Barbi, and my grandma and a friend of theirs would sew Barbie clothes for me. I got some of the store bought Barbie clothes sometimes.

I didn't play with Barbies.All mine were like brand new and passed down to my sister.I was like...     now way.
My Dad came back from Army camp one summer and brought me a boy doll that was wearing boxing gloves and had a black eye and I was like       

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2507 on: January 23, 2010, 01:26:25 PM »

Yes you should 

I would just die if I some myself on there  That is one site my daughter and I love to look at.

Me too NRCG    I would never go to the store again.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2508 on: January 23, 2010, 01:26:54 PM »

My older daughter really didn't care much for Barbi, but my youngest just loved them, but she also loved match box cars, which I've kept also. No wonder I have no room, I've saved so much stuff 
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2509 on: January 23, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »

Playing with Barbie's was my favorite thing to do, up until I was a teenager! They have such cool one's now. 
Mine too, and when my girls were small, sometimes I think that I was buying Barbi stuff that I would have wanted to play with instead of what they may have wanted to play with. They have a lot of Barbie things, I kept almost all of it.

I know! Me too! My daughter has a huge bin with just barbies! When my sister and I were young, my grandmother had given us her barbies, and told my mother not to let us play with them, as they were still in their boxes, and sure enough, she let us at them. Didn't have a happy grandmom after that!
Yes, and my youngest daughter would take the head off and pop the head on another Barbi, some of the Barbi's don't look to good anymore, but I kept them any way. I remember buying one year this cool Barbi horse 

Or how about cutting the hair! They always had missing shoes too. I'll never forget when they came out with pregnant Barbie. My first thought was oh boy!  Monkey Devil!

Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2510 on: January 23, 2010, 01:29:54 PM »

I must get something done now. I'll never hear the end of it if I don't!

Have a great day everyone!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2511 on: January 23, 2010, 01:30:27 PM »

Yes you should 

Me too NRCG    I would never go to the store again.
  I don't know what I would do. One thing that really bothers me is those electric carts that you drive around in. I have no problem what so ever if a person really needs one. What gets me is the people that don't need them, and use them. One lady was driving around in one, got off it, and went walking down the aisle got what she needed and went back to the cart. She didn't seem to have any problem, and I thought those should be used by people that need them.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2512 on: January 23, 2010, 01:31:40 PM »

You too    Somehow I missed the pregnant Barbi dolls  My kids must have been too old at that time.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2513 on: January 23, 2010, 01:33:43 PM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2514 on: January 23, 2010, 01:36:14 PM »

My Mom's Senior group has a monthly newsletter.  In one edition they recommended that if you want to save money on groceries go to http://www.hotcouponworld.com/

You can print coupons and their coupon database is kept up to date.  You can sort the coupons by store as well to see what the instore special coupons are. 

Thanks Northern Rose.

My MIL has shopped like that always. She gets the paper and goes though all the adds and then makes her list.

My Mom is 70.  She goes to a mall everyday to walk laps with her seniors group.  There is a grocery store there that sponsors the senior walkers with free water and sometimes goodies like fruit or baking etc.  The store manager has only asked that the seniors come and volunteer at the store one day a month as the greeter to pass out flyer or coupons or just sit there and say hello.  My mom has decided to take it one step farther and on their monthly 15% off day she helps pack groceries.  She saw one woman with a huge cart of food and only paid $40.00 for it.  That is when she started believing that coupon shopping does work as she saw it first hand.  Now she is a coupon nazi!  I can not toss any out and she set up a coupon exchange at the seniors centre to help her buddies.  I print coupons for them at least twice a week. 
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2515 on: January 23, 2010, 01:36:29 PM »

You too    Somehow I missed the pregnant Barbi dolls  My kids must have been too old at that time.

Looks like it was pulled from the stores shortly after. My daughter was more interested in Doctor Barbie, thankfully.  Monkey Devil!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/retail/2002-12-24-pregnant-doll_x.htm

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2516 on: January 23, 2010, 01:38:20 PM »

Have a good day. Everyones up and about so I guess I's better get going too. Everyone have a good day. Hopefully will be able to catch up with you all later.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2517 on: January 23, 2010, 01:39:09 PM »

I was at a useless gift exchange one Christmas at a friend house where you wrap the most useless gift anonymously.  Someone had wrapped 4 naked headless barbies   
Gizzie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2518 on: January 23, 2010, 01:41:15 PM »

Thanks Northern Rose.

My Mom is 70.  She goes to a mall everyday to walk laps with her seniors group.  There is a grocery store there that sponsors the senior walkers with free water and sometimes goodies like fruit or baking etc.  The store manager has only asked that the seniors come and volunteer at the store one day a month as the greeter to pass out flyer or coupons or just sit there and say hello.  My mom has decided to take it one step farther and on their monthly 15% off day she helps pack groceries.  She saw one woman with a huge cart of food and only paid $40.00 for it.  That is when she started believing that coupon shopping does work as she saw it first hand.  Now she is a coupon nazi!  I can not toss any out and she set up a coupon exchange at the seniors centre to help her buddies.  I print coupons for them at least twice a week. 

Wow! That's an incentive for sure! I would love to spend $40.00 for a full cart!

OK, see you all later!

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2519 on: January 23, 2010, 01:45:13 PM »

Good morning everyone!

Good to see you Gizzie and Green Eyes. (If any of you want to get aboard the happy train AKA Bob's Monkey Express, just let me know, there's plenty of room, and everyone has a good time!)

Hi Northern Rose, Sassy, no rose and Trimm. (I guess JSM is skating right now.)

I wanted to mention something about those sit-down electric carts for people who need them in grocery stores. I probably need one, with my back problem, as I cannot walk or stand for very long, although I have never used one. Too embarrassed to admit in public that I have a problem. I make do with shorter trips and leaning on my shopping cart. but I can see someone needing one in my situation and being able to get up and walk down an aisle to get something, but needing to sit shortly after that. Just wanted to say that, maybe that lady did need one, although it does not appear to others that she did. I walk fast and look perfectly normal for a short while, then HAVE to sit, as my back spasms and makes it intolerable to stand any longer. Anyway, just an observation from the other side. Wink

Husband is going to Sam's today and I declined, since the store is so huge and my back has not been happy the past week or so.

Hope everyone is having a great Saturday and hello to anyone I might have missed!

Good to get a report from Tevye last night. I love hearing from her, eh? Wink

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.