April 24, 2024, 10:09:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sylvester Stallone broke his neck while filming The Expendables  (Read 1685 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 06, 2010, 09:54:42 AM »

Hollywood hardman Sylvester Stallone said the fight scenes in his new movie were so realistic that he broke his neck during filming.
Published: 6:15PM GMT 05 Jan 2010

Stallone stars in upcoming action film The Expendables, which boasts some of the acting world's biggest tough guys, including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke and British actor Jason Statham.

The 63-year-old said a fight scene with wrestling star Stone Cold Steve Austin became so ''vicious'' that he needed an operation for a hairline fracture and had a metal plate inserted in his neck.

Stallone, a writer and director on the testosterone-charged movie, told this month's FHM Magazine: ''Man, it was seven guys, kicking each other's ass, one guy tougher than the next.

''No joke, our stunt guys were begging for mercy.

''Actually, my fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I'm not joking. I haven't told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterwards.

''I now have a metal plate in my neck.''

The film centres around a team of mercenaries who embark on a mission to overthrow a dictator.

It also features actress Brittany Murphy, who died last month after collapsing at home.

Stallone previously starred with Lundgren in Rocky IV - when he also suffered similar injuries.

He told the magazine: ''Dolph Lundgren and I always went for it.

''I gave him orders to try to knock me out while the cameras were rolling.

''At one point, he hit me so hard on the top of the head I felt my spine compress.

''He then hit me with an almighty uppercut.

''That night my chest and heart started to swell, and I had to be helicopter-ambulanced from my hotel to a nearby emergency room.

''I was told that Dolph had punched my rib cage into my chest, compressing my heart.

''If it had swollen any more, I would have died. After that, I was like, 'Dolph, it's only a movie, bro...'''

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/6937937/Sylvester-Stallone-broke-neck-while-filming-The-Expendables.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sylvester Stallone, The Expendables star, disclosed to FHM magazine that he broke his neck while on the set of his new flick, and had to undergo surgery to have a metal plate put in place.

Just how did the injury come about? He and wrestler Stone Cold Steve Austin were filming a “vicious” fight scene when he was injured. He said:

“Actually, my fight with Stone Cold Steve Austin was so vicious that I ended up getting a hairline fracture in my neck. I’m not joking. I haven’t told anyone this, but I had to have a very serious operation afterward. I now have a metal plate in my neck.”

The Expendables has an all star cast with the likes of Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren, Jason Statham and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Okay, well actually Willis and Schwarzenegger only make brief cameos in the flick. It is scheduled for a mid 2010 wide release.

Check out the 63-year-old actor’s interview with FHM Magazine, available on newsstands on Thursday.

So with news of Sylvester Stallone’s The Expendables injury, do you really think that this will keep the action star from doing any more films? Doubtful. He is rumored to star in Rambo V: The Savage Hunt, which is due out in 2011. Sly just finished The Zookeeper, where he was the voice of the Lion.

http://sports.rightpundits.com/?p=3744

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2010, 09:57:07 AM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.