April 24, 2024, 03:12:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Julia Gilbert, 21 yr.old, OU student missing 1/8/10 Edmond,OK (BODY FOUND)  (Read 20963 times)
sleddogs
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: January 10, 2010, 10:38:05 AM »

Family Offers $10,000 Reward to Help Find Missing OU Student
News9.com

EDMOND, Oklahoma -- The family of a missing OU student from Edmond is offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to the 21yo whereabouts.

Julia Gilbert was last seen 3:30 a.m. Friday, January 8, leaving a friend's house in the 600 block of Belle Air Avenue in Edmond. Julia was thought to have been driving to her parent's home in the 6700 block of Cypress Hollow in Edmond but no one has seen or heard from her since.

Julia was last seen driving a silver 2002 Volkswagen Jetta with license plate 607-BJK. There is a Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority sticker on the back windshield.

"With the temperatures so brutally cold, we are very concerned about Ms. Gilbert's whereabouts," said Glenda Chu of the Edmond Police Department.

Police said they tracked Julia's last cell phone call near MacArthur Boulevard and Covell Road around Deer Creek High School.

Julia's parents said not hearing from their daughter for this amount of time is very uncharacteristic.

"This is just out of character for Julia. She's a sweet, dear, responsible girl and it doesn't add up," said Laurel Gilbert, Julia's mother.

Beginning Sunday morning, the Civil Air Patrol will have 12 planes searching for Julia, while hundreds of volunteers will continue the search on the ground.

"We're trying to cover every square inch of Oklahoma County and beyond, outside of Piedmont. We're escalating the search as quickly as we can," said William Payne, family friend.

Julia is a senior at the University of Oklahoma who is scheduled to graduate in May.

Anyone with information about Julia Gilbert's whereabouts should call the Edmond Police Department at 405-359-4424 or 911.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 06:02:27 PM by San » Logged

Who said Siberian Huskies are too big to be lap dogs?

If ya ain't the lead sleddog, the scenery never changes.
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 12:01:34 PM »

Julia Gilbert
January 10, 2010 by shezab   
Filed under People
Julia Gilbert

With a nerve wrecking forty eight hours in the prelude, the hunt for Julia Gilbert continues as her parents wait anxiously for any word on their beloved daughter. In hopes of being able to unearth any sort of clues, news or information that could possibly lead them to their daughter, Julia Gilbert, her parents have now announced the presentation of a monetary reward that adds up to ten grand US dollars. Hopefully this will get someone to come forward with word of hope or good news for the worried couple.

The twenty one years old Julia Gilbert was a student at the University of Oklahoma. The last time that her parents heard from her was 2 days back; that is also when she was last seen. Close to mid hour between 3 and 4 in the afternoon, Julia left from a comrade’s residence and apparently took off for her parent’s dwelling. But as fate would have it, she never made it – nor has she been seen or heard from since that time.

Law enforcement officials are busy utilizing all the resources they possibly can in trying to locate Julia Gilbert. They have even tried locating her using cell phone documentation; apparently the last time she used to communicate via her cell was somewhere in the vicinity of Deer Creek High School. A dozen airplanes have also joined in on the rummaging around.

Mr. and Mrs. Gilbert have been constantly comforted and helped by neighbors, friends and family. This is nothing like their daughter’s behavior.

http://www.khurak.net/julia-gilbert-0010672/

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 12:05:51 PM »

iReport — Police Seek Missing OU Student
JULIA GILBERT, 21, LAST SEEN DRIVING HOME EARLY FRIDAY
POSTED: 3:18 pm CST January 9, 2010
UPDATED: 3:43 pm CST January 9, 2010
 Email  Print
 Comments
(0)

EDMOND, Okla. -- Police are asking for help finding a missing University of Oklahoma senior who hasn't been seen since early Friday. 
Julia Gilbert, 21, was last seen leaving a friend's home in the 600 block of Belle Air at 3:30 a.m. and driving to her parents' home in the 6700 block of Cypress Hollow. The two addresses are about seven miles apart. 

/pushin hover

/pushin hover

2.5 miles
2.5 miles
© 2010 Microsoft Corporation © 2009 NAVTEQ © AND
© 2010 Microsoft Corporation © 2009 NAVTEQ © AND
Road
Aerial
Hybrid

Gilbert was driving a 2002 silver Volkswagen Jetta with Oklahoma tag number 607BJK. The car had a Kappa Alpha Theta sorority sticker on the back windshield. 
She is a senior at the University of Oklahoma and is scheduled to graduate in May. 

Provided by Edmond Police Dept.
Julia Gilbert, 21, hasn't been seen since leaving a friend's house in Edmond at about 3:30 a.m. on January 8.

Police have notified hospitals and law enforcement agencies to check for signs that Gilbert had been involved in a crash. They were particularly concerned because of the brutal overnight temperatures. 
Police asked anyone who knows where Gilbert has been since 3:30 a.m. Friday to call 911 or the Edmond Police Department at 405-359-4424.

This link will include maps of the area....
http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-380155

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 12:09:09 PM »

Julia Gilbert

Julia Gilbert was a senior at Oklahoma University. Julia Gilbert is missing since Friday. She has neither been seen nor heard since the early hours of Friday 8 January. The time is reported around 3:30 a.m.

Julia Gilbert was last seen driving a Jetta Volkswagen that bears number plate 607 BJK. The Jetta is with a Kappa Alpha Theta organization sticker on its back windshield. The sticker shows that she was presumably a member of this group.

Julia Gilbert reportedly left from a friend’s home at about 3:30 a.m. and she was supposed to drive to her parents’ home at 6700 block- Cypress Hollow. She left from 600 block-Belles Air. The area between Belle Air and cypress Hollow could of police interest in this case and Edmund Police is still looking for the missing girl.

Julia Gilbert was 21 and her friends have created a Facebook group to help in the search for their missing friend. The contribution from her friends to help her show that Julia Gilbert was quite popular among her university mates. Erica Pletan, one of Julia Gilbert’s friends has posted on Facebook that a report for missing person is filed. The spokeswoman for Edmund Police Department, Glenda Chu has commented that police is anxious about missing Julia Gilbert’s safety in the presence of such a cold weather.

In case of any clue about missing Julia Gilbert, one may reach the Edmund Police department at 405-359-4424 or may call 911 for help

http://www.shnock.com/julia-gilbert-10211/

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 12:32:38 PM »

Good Morning Monkeys.....if you google Julia Gilbert's name, you will find that other
sites are working to try to find her.  Do we have any monkeys in this area?
Lots of college students seem to be involved....as well as police and family members.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 12:55:33 PM »

PLEASE HELP...Julia is the cousin's daughter of one of our best friends.  They just called me to get the phone numbers for TES.   Julia has Lymn disease and is taking meds.  Her last cell ping was from the Gutherie area......approx 12 miles from where she shoudl have been.

Here is the link to the facebook site for Julia

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=important&init=quick#/group.php?gid=240134243771&ref=ss

Name:
    **IMPORTANT** Help bring Julia Gilbert home
Category:
    Student Groups - Social Groups
Description:
    Julia went missing the morning of January 8 at about 3AM. Since then, no one has heard or seen her since. Her car has not yet been found and she does have a missing persons report out. Please invite people to join this group to get the word out and bring her home. Any information, help, support welcome.

The link posted is a map showing where Julia left from (A), her house (B), and where the last cell phone signal was received (C). You may have to copy and paste URL.

"DETECTIVE SAID HEADED NORTH ON PORTLAND TO GUTHRIE CRESCENT AREA"

I'm sorry that is all that I have so I have no idea when/ where or how this information came about. I'll keep you all posted.

http://tinyurl.com/ybq4rwy

or

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Bell+Aire+Avenue,+Edmond+OK&daddr=Cypress+Hollow,+Edmond,+OK+73034+to:35.681004,-97.620049&hl=en&geocode=FZ-7HwId5L8w-iHg3lA6_DdBsA%3BFftCIAIdGeIx-ilhT26PiiCyhzELEk9HLsOSxA%3B&mra=dme&mrcr=1&mrsp=2&sz=12&sll=35.680725,-97.508812&sspn=0.130792,0.308647&ie=UTF8&ll=35.602602,-97.485809&spn=0.250116,0.617294&z=11 (read less)
    Julia went missing the morning of January 8 at about 3AM. Since then, no one has heard or seen her since. Her car has not yet been found and she does have a missing persons report out. Please invite people to join this group to get the word out and bring her home. Any information, help, support welcome.

The link posted is a map showing where Julia left from (A), her house (B), and where the last cell phone signal was received (C). You may have to copy and paste URL.

"DETECTIVE SAID HEADED... (read more)
Privacy Type:
    Open: All content is public.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 01:06:15 PM »

Sunny I am so glad that you came here.  I had seen some info that said she has Lyme disease and is being treated.  So far there seems to be little to go on.
I do not think her car has been found. 

Please let us know if there are links that will give us more information.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 01:14:14 PM »

Can a mod re-do the heading for this site.....

Julia Gilbert, 21 yr.old, OU student, Missing 1/8/10, Edmond,OK.

Thank you.

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 01:30:47 PM »

Sunny I am so glad that you came here.  I had seen some info that said she has Lyme disease and is being treated.  So far there seems to be little to go on.
I do not think her car has been found. 

Please let us know if there are links that will give us more information.

Hi Mere...her car has not been found.....her phone rang about 10am Saturday morning and shortly after that....it was either turned off or not functioning.  Julia is not a girl that would just take off. The reward is now up to 25K. I will keep you posted as I am made aware of things. Her family is out with the search groups and many of the OU students have joined in the search efforts.

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 01:34:19 PM »

Here's a link to the Missing PErson Poster for Julia

http://twitpic.com/xeek4

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2010, 01:36:39 PM »

http://www.gossone.com/tag/julia-gilbert-missing

Edmond Police search for missing OU Student Julia Gilbert Photo

January 10, 2010
Edmond Police search for missing OU Student Edmond Police are seeking the public’s help in locating a 21-year-old OU Student Julia Gilbert.

Police spokeswoman Glynda Chu said Julia Gilbert, 21, of Edmond, has been missing since 3:30 a.m. Friday. Chu said she was last seen leaving a friend’s house in the 600 block of Belle Air in Edmond driving to her parent’s house in the 6700 block of Cypress Hollow, also in Edmond.

Police said Gilbert was driving a 2002 Silver Volkswagen Jetta, license plate 607BJK, and the vehicle has a Kappa Alpha Theta Sorority sticker on the rear windshield. Gilbert is a senior at the University of Oklahoma scheduled to graduate in May.

Chu said police are checking all the roads where she may have had an accident and her car may be off the roadway difficult to see. Police also are talking to all of Gilbert’s friends.

“With the temperatures so brutally cold we are very concerned about Ms. Gilbert’s whereabouts,” Chu said.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2010, 01:37:26 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2010, 01:38:42 PM »

http://www.shnock.com/julia-gilbert-10211/

Julia Gilbert was a senior at Oklahoma University. Julia Gilbert is missing since Friday. She has neither been seen nor heard since the early hours of Friday 8 January. The time is reported around 3:30 a.m.

Julia Gilbert was last seen driving a Jetta Volkswagen that bears number plate 607 BJK. The Jetta is with a Kappa Alpha Theta organization sticker on its back windshield. The sticker shows that she was presumably a member of this group.

Julia Gilbert reportedly left from a friend’s home at about 3:30 a.m. and she was supposed to drive to her parents’ home at 6700 block- Cypress Hollow. She left from 600 block-Belles Air. The area between Belle Air and cypress Hollow could of police interest in this case and Edmund Police is still looking for the missing girl.

Julia Gilbert was 21 and her friends have created a Facebook group to help in the search for their missing friend. The contribution from her friends to help her show that Julia Gilbert was quite popular among her university mates. Erica Pletan, one of Julia Gilbert’s friends has posted on Facebook that a report for missing person is filed. The spokeswoman for Edmund Police Department, Glenda Chu has commented that police is anxious about missing Julia Gilbert’s safety in the presence of such a cold weather.

In case of any clue about missing Julia Gilbert, one may reach the Edmund Police department at 405-359-4424 or may call 911 for help.

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2010, 01:49:36 PM »

http://www.orangepower.com/showthread.php?p=1016086

A very close friend of mine named Julia Gilbert has been missing since early Friday morning. She left a friend's house in Edmond and hasn't been seen since. Detectives from the Edmond Police Department are currently investigating, and search parties made up of friends and family members are combing OKC looking for her car.

Here's the link to the newsok.com story with a picture of her and a description of her vehicle. If anyone knows anything please contact the Edmond Police Department. http://newsok.com/police-searching-f...adlines_widget

Please say a prayer for Julia and let's hope wherever she is she's safe!

*edit to include a link to her facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...4243771&ref=ts

Rest in Peace Caylee

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2010, 02:19:22 PM »

Sending prayers for Julia and her family.    I hope they find her soon.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 02:24:04 PM »

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/julia-gilberts-family-announces-10000-reward-to-trace-her_100301782.html

Julia Gilbert’s Family Announces $10,000 Reward To Trace Her
January 10th, 2010 - 7:27 pm ICT by GD Tell a Friend -

By Ranjan Bhaduri
11794903_bg1Jan 10, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The family of a girl studying at University of Oklahoma is offering a reward of $10,000 to anyone who can give information on her whereabouts. The 21 year old girl named Julia Gilbert was seen for the last time on Jan 8, 2010. She was seen for the last time, leaving the house of a friend in Edmond. Her family thought that she would get back to the home but she vanished without leaving a trace behind. This has left her family baffled and worried to a great extent. They searched for her and called up her friends but the girl could not be traced.

Julia Gilbert was driving a silver Volkswagen Jetta and the number of the license plate is 607-BJK. The Edmond Police Department is searching for the student and a spokesperson said that the department is worried about her. The cops tried tracking the cell phone calls of Julia Gilbert. According to them, her last call was made near Deer Creek High School. Her parents said that it is very unusual for her to remain quiet for such a long time. Laurel Gilbert, her mother said in her statement that it is not in the nature of her daughter and she claimed that her daughter is quite responsible.

From Sunday morning, extensive searches were launched for tracing her and 12 planes were employed for that purpose. A lot of volunteers are still searching her. A family friend named William Payne said that Oklahoma County is being combed thoroughly to locate Julia Gilbert. It is a tense wait for the family certainly.

Read more: http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/julia-gilberts-family-announces-10000-reward-to-trace-her_100301782.html#ixzz0cEt2ytCK
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 02:44:54 PM »

May have already been posted but this looks like her Twitter account:

http://twitter.com/julesbabe887

Her Youtube Channel:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JulesBabe887
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 02:47:43 PM »

an angelic monkey My prayers are with Julia and her family and friends. I pray she is found safe.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 03:29:51 PM »

my friend's latest message

"Just an update on Julie.  As of 1 minute ago they still have not located her.  The are many search parties out looking north of Edmond today and other areas.  I talked to my cousin this morning and as you know he and his wife Laurel are devastated.  "

Rest in Peace Caylee

CarolF
Scared Monkey

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 03:39:08 PM »

Prayers for Julia, her family and friends that she be found very soon and that she is safe.
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.