April 30, 2024, 01:15:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Julia Gilbert, 21 yr.old, OU student missing 1/8/10 Edmond,OK (BODY FOUND)  (Read 20970 times)
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2010, 08:10:11 PM »

Prayers go out for Julia and her family. 
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2010, 08:17:21 PM »

Julia has been found...deceased. Her car was found in a ravine. It looks to be an accident.  Thanks to everyone who has offered prayers for her and her family. 

So sorry to hear this Sunny, sending my thoughts & prayers. May she rest in peace.  an angelic monkey

RIP Sweet Puppy
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2010, 08:32:38 PM »

How very sad. I am sorry Sunny  Crying or Very sad

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2010, 09:12:52 PM »

I'm so sorry.  My deepest condolences for Julia's family and friends.  May she rest in peace.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
crazybabyborg
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2010, 10:04:49 PM »

I'm so sorry the outcome resulted in the loss of this beautiful young woman. My prayers go out to her family and all who loved her.   
O4Bull
Monkey Junky

Boycott ALL the Scamthonys THEY are ALL LIARS.

« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2010, 11:51:16 PM »

Sunny,
adding my condolences to your friend and the entire family of this beautiful girl.  I'll add them to my prayers.
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2010, 04:15:17 AM »

Oh Sunny, this is so sad -- I have been here praying for Julia's family and friends -- May God provide all of you that are grieving some measure of peace.

Love,
Pooks
Sharon/Tx
Scared Monkey

« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2010, 06:13:26 AM »

Prayers and condolences to you and her family.  What a beautiful young lady.

"Huge waste" Casey. 

Justice for Natalee!
"Joran Vandersloot's evil world is slowly crashing down on his evil soul!"
*****For major cases, you can also report information by calling our toll-free number 1-800-CALLFBI (225-5324).
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2010, 06:55:21 AM »

How sad. Prayers go to the family and friends.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2010, 09:17:36 AM »

Thanks to everyone for your prayers for Julia and her family. I have forwarded all the posts to my friend so she can share with Julia's immediate family. Again my heart felt thanks to all of you.

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2010, 08:53:36 PM »

http://www.edmondsun.com/local/x167218011/Friends-others-recall-Edmond-OU-student

January 11, 2010
Friends, others recall Edmond OU student
The Edmond Sun E-edition Banner Icon

Mass set for Thursday at St. John

Mark Schlachtenhaufen

EDMOND — Beautiful, vibrant, a Christian, a sorority sister, remarkable, strong, sweet. Those are some of the adjectives being used to describe Julia Gilbert.

The 21-year-old University of Oklahoma student from Edmond was found dead in her wrecked car Sunday afternoon. A passer-by spotted Gilbert’s upside-down 2002 silver Volkswagen Jetta in a ditch just inside Kingfisher County along Waterloo Road. She was reported missing Friday morning and dozens of residents joined in the search for her through the weekend.

“This is a tragedy for all the people who knew her and her family,” police spokeswoman Glynda Chu told reporters at the scene Sunday.

A wake service for Gilbert is scheduled for 7 p.m. Wednesday at Edmond’s St. John The Baptist Catholic Church. A Mass of Christian Burial is scheduled for 11 a.m. Thursday at St. John’s, 924 S. Littler.

Becky Coyle, director of religious education for St. John’s, said she knew Gilbert during her years as a student at Edmond North High School. Gilbert was a parishioner at St. John’s.

“She was an extremely outgoing young lady who was very dedicated in her faith,” Coyle said. “You could tell she was just a good person.”

Coyle said Gilbert enjoyed her confirmation class experience so much that she wanted to come back and help teach. Gilbert did so the following year, and was an excellent role model, Coyle said.

Chu said evidence of affection for Gilbert can be found by the growing number of friends and well-wishers posting on a Facebook page. More than 22,000 people joined the Find Julia Gilbert page during the weekend. Condolences, Scripture verses and poems were left for the OU senior who was scheduled to graduate in May.

Kelsey Easley wrote: “She made everyday in Spanish class so much fun. She always came with a smile to class!!! Everyone was a friend to her. I will never forget her smile and her kindness. Still in shock that she is gone. My thoughts and prayers are with the Gilbert family!!!”

Scott Ramsey wrote about how he has survived a child. “You won’t ever get over the loss of your beautiful daughter but you will be happy again,” he wrote.

Allyse Fairbanks wrote: “Julia helped to make my year and a half in Oklahoma an adventure ... I hold her in a special place in my heart. I am sending my love and prayers to all of her family and friends.”

Shelley Galyon posted two Scripture verses: “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (Psalm 34:18) and “I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow” (Jeremiah 31:13).

Another writer offered to help take down the missing person fliers, a gesture to prevent family members from painful reminders.

marks@edmondsun.com |

341-2121 ext. 102

THE DETAILS

what you need to know

The state medical examiner’s office has opened a file in Julia Gilbert’s death. No preliminary report on the cause of death was available Monday.

After watching the NCAA football national championship game Thursday evening, Gilbert went missing at about 3:30 a.m. Friday. Police said she was last seen leaving a friend’s house in the 600 block of Belle Air in Edmond driving to her parent’s house in the 6700 block of Cypress Hollow, also in Edmond.

Edmond Police spokeswoman Glynda Chu said Gilbert was alone in the car, and it appeared as if she was traveling west on Waterloo Road when she struck a guardrail. The car was found upside down, lying in a dry creek bed. Chu said why Gilbert’s car was found where it was may never be known.

“We don’t know why she was out here,” Chu said.

The cause of the accident is pending the outcome of an Oklahoma Highway Patrol investigation, troopers said. Gilbert was pinned in the car until it was found. She was wearing a seat belt and the driver and passenger side airbags deployed.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2010, 08:57:37 PM »

http://www.ocolly.com/a-treasured-friend-1.1011097
A treasured friend
Gilbert brightened up the lives of all those around her, friends say

By Keonté Carter

Staff Writer

Published: Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Updated: Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Julia Gilbert was a student at the University of Oklahoma and wanted to teach overseas. She was fluent in three languages and only had 14 hours of college credit left. She was a fan of Lady Gaga and loved to travel.

Gilbert’s body was found in her overturned car Sunday around 2:45 p.m.

Gilbert had a history of Lyme disease and was taking medications. She died from injuries in the wreck but it is not yet clear whether the medication was the cause of the accident.

When the news spread that Gilbert was missing, her friends created a Facebook group with the hopes of finding her. The group, “IMPORTANT Help Bring Julia Gilbert Home,” now has more than 29,000 members and messages mourning her death are posted almost hourly.

Christán Otterman, a member of the group, met Gilbert when she was five years old. The two lived in the same neighborhood and became close friends. She describes Gilbert as an amazing girl that was charismatic and full of life.

“She is my oldest friend, although we haven’t always lived close to each other, we always kept in touch and visited as much as we could,” Otterman said. “Even though her life ended so tragically she touched many more lives with her kind heart and great spirit than anyone I have ever met.”

Classmate Janay Clougherty describes Gilbert as a person that could bring a smile to your face even if you were having a bad day.

“Anytime she entered a room, people got excited. She brought a lot of people together and I know none of us will ever forget her,” Clougherty said.

Jackie Edwards met Gilbert in the summer of 2006 and they remained close friends. Herself, Julia Gilbert, Taylor McCutcheon, Taurie Fraser and Emily Haynes were known as “The Fab Five.” Edwards describes Gilbert as the glue that was and always will hold them together.

“We all came together and started hanging out and were inseparable that summer of 2006. That was by far the best summer of my life. I knew we all would be best friends forever.”

Edwards said Gilbert’s favorite quote was from the song Silver Lining by Rilo Kiley: “And I was your silver lining, as the story goes, I was your silver lining but now I’m gold. Hurray hurray I’m your silver lining, Hurray hurray but now I’m gold.”

Edwards said, “That song to us was about someone who lived to be the only good thing in someone else’s life — the silver lining — but then started living for themselves and in the end became happier — being gold.”

Taylor McCutcheon, also a member of “The Fab Five,” described Gilbert as a free spirit that was loved by everyone.

“The only thing we can do is remember her by all the wonderful times we had together, which there are so many,” McCutcheon said. “This isn’t the end for her, she may not be here physically, but she is here with all of us in her unforgettable spirit.”

Taurie Fraser, another member of “The Fab Five,” said that Gilbert made her a better person and she cherishes every moment they spent together.

“We had a connection that no one could understand, we could sit in a room and have a full conversation without saying a word,” Fraser said.

Fraser said the Gilbert family has set up “The Julia Kathryn Gilbert Memorial Fund.” The proceeds will go to research on Lyme disease and provide scholarships for French Education majors at OU. Donations can be mailed to BancFirst, PO Box 26788, Oklahoma City, OK 73126.

The funeral will be located at St. John the Baptist Catholic Church in Edmond, Jan. 14 at 11 a.m

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.