April 24, 2024, 05:32:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dennis Hopper Dead at 74 years 1936 - 2010 RIP  (Read 3396 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 10, 2010, 11:29:06 PM »

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainment/report_hopes-fade-for-cancer-stricken-dennis-hopper_1333036
Hopes fade for cancer-stricken Dennis Hopper

Sunday, January 10, 2010
London: Hollywood star Dennis Hopper, who is suffering from prostrate cancer, may be living the final days of his life.
Doctors have reportedly informed the Easy Rider actor that his condition has become incurable.

Hopper has just completed shooting his American TV series Crash, reports the News of the World. He is married to Victoria Duffy, 42, his fifth wife. The couple has a six-year-old daughter.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 05:21:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 11:32:51 PM »

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/668097/Hopper-is-facing-the-end-Dennis-Hopper-facing-final-days.html

ICON: Dennis Hopper

Dennis Hopper is facing the end
10/01/2010
HOLLYWOOD icon Dennis Hopper is facing his final days after prostate cancer spread to his bones.

The 73-year-old Easy Rider star's doctors have told him there is nothing more they can do to stop the killer disease.

Frail Dennis recently finished a gruelling shoot for his American TV series Crash.

He is married to Victoria Duffy, 42, his fifth wife, and the couple have a six-year-old daughter.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 03:37:58 PM »

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Dennis Hopper is terminally ill and unable to undergo chemotherapy as he battles prostate cancer, his attorney wrote in a court filing.

Attorney Joseph Mannis wrote about the "Easy Rider" star's grave condition in a declaration filed Wednesday asserting the actor cannot be questioned by his wife's attorneys in a deposition.

The prognosis contradicts previous filings in the divorce proceedings that were bullish about Hopper's recovery chances.

Hopper, 73, and his wife, Victoria, have been locked in a bitter feud since the actor, director and artist filed to end the couple's nearly 14-year marriage in January.

He weighs barely 100 pounds (45 kilograms) and was described by his physician Dr. David Agus in the court filing as extremely weak and unable to carry on long conversations.

Agus states that undergoing a deposition "could actually threaten his ability to survive his current health crisis."

The doctor added, however, that he approved an appearance Friday by Hopper to receive a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame because it is likely to be a positive experience.

A phone message seeking comment from Victoria Hopper's attorney, Sorrell Trope, was not immediately returned. Mannis did not return a call seeking further comment.

Hopper filed a declaration last month saying he was undergoing promising chemotherapy treatments and remained hopeful "that this treatment will be successful so that I may soon resume the full enjoyment of my life and work."

Dennis and Victoria Hopper have agreed to stay 10 feet (3 meters) away from each other while the divorce is ongoing. She has stated in court filings that Hopper filed for divorce to cut her out of her inheritance, a claim the actor has denied.

The case is scheduled for a court hearing on April 5. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sns-ap-us-people-dennis-hopper,0,7088440.story

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 03:39:33 PM »

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 03:16:01 PM »

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/29/dennis-hopper-actor-and-iconoclast-has-died/
 May 29, 2010, 2:56 pm
Dennis Hopper, Actor and Iconoclast, Has Died
By THE NEW YORK TIMES
Dennis Hopper, whose portrayals of drug-addled, often deranged misfits in the landmark films “Easy Rider,” “Apocalypse Now” and “Blue Velvet” drew on his early out-of-control experiences as part of a new generation of Hollywood rebel, died at his home in Venice, Calif., on Saturday, The Associated Press reported. He was 74.

The death was announced by Alex Hitz, a family friend, according to The A.P. A cause of death was not immediately given, but Mr. Hopper was recently being treated for prostate cancer.

Mr. Hopper, who said he stopped drinking and using drugs in the mid-1980s, followed that change with a tireless phase of his career in which he claimed to have turned down no parts. His credits include at least  six films released in 2008 and at least 25 over the past 10 years.

Most recently, Mr. Hopper starred in the television series “Crash,” an adaptation of the Oscar-winning film of the same title. Produced for the Starz cable channel, the show had Mr. Hopper portraying a music producer unhinged by years of drug use. During a promotional tour last fall for that series, he fell ill; shortly thereafter, he began a new round of treatments for prostate cancer, which he said was first diagnosed a decade ago.

Inverting a famous line of dialogue spoken by Peter Fonda in “Easy Rider,” Manohla Dargis wrote of Mr. Hopper in The New York Times:

Dennis Hopper — actor, filmmaker, photographer, art collector, world-class burnout, first-rate survivor — never blew it. Unlike the villains and freaks he has played over the decades — the psycho with the mommy complex in “Blue Velvet,” the mad bomber with the grudge in “Speed” — he has made it through the good, the bad and some spectacularly terrible times. He rode out the golden age of Hollywood by roaring into a new movie era with “Easy Rider.” He hung out with James Dean, played Elizabeth Taylor’s son, acted for Quentin Tarantino. He has been rich and infamous, lost and found, the next big thing, the last man standing.

An obituary article will follow at nytimes.com.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 03:19:33 PM »

Actor Dennis Hopper poses with his daughter Galen (L) and his granddaughter Violet Goldstone at a ceremony where he was honored with a star on the Walk of Fame in Hollywood, California, March 26, 2010

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 03:23:20 PM »

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild     
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rMbATaj7Il8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rMbATaj7Il8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2010, 08:32:04 PM »

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 10:28:25 AM »

Steppenwolf - Born To Be Wild     
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/rMbATaj7Il8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/rMbATaj7Il8&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x5d1719&amp;color2=0xcd311b&amp;border=1</a>
Oh yeah, Dennis Hopper at his finest  He was great in Rebel Without A Cause, with James Dean  and Blue Velvet  and many more fine pictures that came alive with his screen presence. He will be missed  an angelic monkey
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.