March 28, 2024, 10:57:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cat Missing Since Hurricane Ike Found Alive!  (Read 1843 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 11, 2010, 05:53:50 PM »

Video at the link
http://www2.nbc4i.com/cmh/news/national/article/video_missing_kitty_comes_home_after_ike/29764/

Cat Missing Since Ike Found
Owner Finds Cat 17 Months Later

HOUSTON -- Nearly 16 months after Hurricane Ike, a woman was reunited with her beloved pet -- simply by looking across the street, KPRC Local 2 reported Friday.

Juliet Pennay found Simon when he was just a scrawny kitten. She said she immediately loved him.

"The thing I liked most about him is that he was a cuddle bear. He had to be in your space, around your neck," she said.

When Hurricane Ike slammed into the Gulf Coast
on Sept. 13, 2008, the monstrous storm wiped out homes, businesses and vehicles.

Pennay lost what she cherished most -- Simon.

Because Pennay left for Paris to study French, Simon lived with her mother in Webster, Texas. When the mother evacuated, Simon was moved to an uncle's house.

"As she was transporting him into the house, Simon bolted," Pennay said.

She was heartbroken. And because she lived thousands of miles away, she could not help search for him.

"To know that there was nothing I could do to come and find him was pretty frustrating and a little devastating," Pennay said.

Pennay returned to Texas for Christmas.

She said she dreamed of finding Simon alive and that she never gave up hope. Her dream came true during a walk.

"Before we left, I had to go out again, so I walked around the neighborhood again. Just as I was ready to give up, I looked across the street and saw a small gray furball and saw him next to someone's garage," Pennay said. "My heart just stopped and I said, 'That's my cat. I know that's my cat.' And, sure enough, he didn't move and he came closer to me. I started crying on the sidewalk, like a baby."

Pennay has returned to Paris to continue her studies. Simon lives with her uncle.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 07:48:51 PM »

cat

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
SaintsGirl25
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2010, 01:35:46 PM »

Awe, heartwarming story.... 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.