March 28, 2024, 07:01:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ronce Ramos 16 mo, San Antonio TX beaten to death 2007 by father(Pleads Guilty)  (Read 3928 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 11, 2010, 08:55:45 PM »

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Father_pleads_guilty_to_beating_baby_to_death.html

Web Posted: 01/11/2010 6:16 CST
Father pleads guilty to beating baby to death

By Craig Kapitan   - Express-News

A San Antonio man pleaded guilty Monday to killing a 16-month-old baby who he once claimed wasn't his.

Ronnie Rokky Ramos, 23, had previously been charged with capital murder of a child in connection with Ronce Ramos' death Dec. 1, 2007.

In exchange for his guilty plea, prosecutors will drop that charge and instead seek a sentence of between 40 and 60 years during a punishment hearing next month for felony murder. Ramos will have to serve at least half of the sentence before he is eligible for parole.

Defense attorney Christopher Weixel said Monday that he plans to ask the judge to assess the minimum sentence allowable under the plea agreement, taking into consideration that his client confessed.

“Obviously, this is a very, very serious case,” said Assistant District Attorney Chris DeMartino. “An innocent child was killed, and we're going to ask for a sentence accordingly.”

Ramos told police he was babysitting Ronce and the boy's 2-year-old brother overnight on Nov. 29, 2007. Paramedics were called the next morning, when the baby stopped breathing. He was taken off life support a day later.

Initially, Ramos said the child knocked his head when he fell off a mattress and onto the concrete floor of his garage bedroom. Eventually, however, he acknowledged striking the child.

“I was the one that left that (expletive) bruise right here on his head — that whole (expletive) thing about (expletive) him falling off the (expletive) bed was a (expletive) lie,” Ramos told investigators, according to a transcript of the interview. “I (expletive) hit him out of (expletive) accident. I didn't mean to hit him (expletive) hard but I hit him (expletive) hard.

“I was playing with him at first... I guess I let my weight go down too (expletive) fast.”

Doctors noticed injuries on both sides of the child's head — including a bruise on his right ear that would have required a large amount of force, as well as injuries to the boy's arms and legs. An autopsy later revealed bleeding on the right side of the baby's brain.

During an interview with police, Ramos also expressed doubt the child was his. The defendant's mother told police her son had used expletives to describe the baby in the past. Ramos' brother told police the defendant treated his older son better.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.