April 19, 2024, 04:24:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arizona woman Tanya Nareau traded 2 year old for a gun  (Read 3492 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 14, 2010, 04:46:08 PM »

http://www.wwmt.com/articles/arizona-1371369-style-0in.html
Arizona woman traded 2 year old for a gun
January 14, 2010 8:00 AM

ARIZONA (NEWSCHANNEL 3) - An Arizona woman faces charges for trading her two-year-old daughter for a gun.

Deputies say Tanya Nareau gave the girl to a family friend in exchange for that weapon.

Nareau said she thought the friend could take better care of her daughter than she could.

Detectives eventually tracked her down and arrested her.

Nareau is charged with unlawful sale of a child as well as an illegal weapons charge.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 04:48:33 PM »

http://www.kpho.com/news/22234612/detail.html
Deputies: Mom Offered Daughter For Gun
Mom Arrested After Police Get Tip

Sarah Buduson
Reporter, KPHO.com
(Video available in article)
POSTED: 7:09 am MST January 14, 2010
MESA, Ariz. -- Authorities said a woman who offered to trade her daughter for a gun is in the custody of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, Phoenix station KPHO-TV reported.

Deputies claim Tanya Nareau, 33, offered to give to her daughter to one of the girl’s relatives in exchange for a gun.

Deputies got a tip about the offer and arrested Nareau on Tuesday.

The girl’s family members told KPHO that Nareau originally made the offer during a phone call last week.

They said Nareau unexpectedly showed up at the relative’s workplace Monday and handed him her daughter. He did not give her a gun.

It is unclear why Nareau wanted a gun, but she cannot legally buy or own a firearm because she is a convicted felon.

Nareau did explain why she wanted to give her daughter away, according to Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Doug Matteson.

“She told sheriff’s deputies she felt that she couldn’t raise the daughter adequately, so she would give the daughter to someone who could,” he said.

He said the girl is now safe and will stay with her father’s family members.

Nareau is in a Maricopa County jail, charged with unlawful sale of a child and solicitation to commit possession of weapon by prohibited possessor.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 07:00:23 PM »

NAREAU, TANYA DELGADILLA #P621777   
Booked: 01-12-2010
Sex: FEMALE
Race: HISPANIC
D.O.B: 01-17-1976
Height: 5'01
Weight: 140
Eye: BROWN
Hair BLACK   
  In Custody For:
001 FELONY COUNT OF SOLICITATION TO COMMIT POSS WPN BY PROHIB PERSON
001 FELONY COUNT OF UNLAWFUL SALE/PURCHASE CHILD 

http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetModule&mn=Mugshot

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 07:06:05 PM »

VIDEO REPORT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHX3F46zvsM

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 07:07:24 PM »

LoL ...I don't know if Klaas or Red wrote this, but I LoLed at it
33 Year Old Tanya Nareau Arizona Mom Tries to Trade 2 Year Old Daughter for Gun

Mother of the Year … NOT!

Arizona tot mom Tanya Nareau will not be winning any mother of the year awards any time soon. The 33 year old Arizona mom has been arrested and accused of trying to trade her two year old daughter for a gun. Tanya Nareau has been charged with the unlawful sale of a child and solicitation to possess a weapon by a prohibited person.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/01/14/33-year-old-tanya-nareau-arizona-mom-tries-to-trade-2-year-old-daughter-for-gun/comment-page-1/#comment-1922940

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 07:19:29 PM »

Not having much luck finding info on her prior felony conviction...I am nosy.  <<< lol .. I just noticed that!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 07:32:23 PM »

Not having much luck finding info on her prior felony conviction...I am nosy.  <<< lol .. I just noticed that!

I'm glad to see Tanya didn't get far trading her little daughter out for a gun, and the little one is safe.  It could have gone down differently for sure.  It's sad isn't it?  This little girl will one day grow up and she will know what her worth was to her mother:  a gun.  And if it was a Saturday night special, maybe as little as $35.00 or less, who knows?   

The blue rhino was Klaasend's creation, in honor of O4Bull.  (See Gabriel Johnson thread...)   

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.