April 19, 2024, 11:03:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriel Johnson #2 1/15/10 - 1/27/10  (Read 447733 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1280 on: January 20, 2010, 06:47:16 PM »

I have been following this case since the beginning from the rafters.  Thank you to Northern Rose and all others who bring articles and ideas to this thread. 

I have been pondering on how any mother could even consider harming her baby.  I know there are those that suffer PND and I knew one such lass, but with proper professional help and the support of family she is once again well adjusted and a very happy and proud mother.  While considering all this I came across the following item in our media.  It is a chilling read but may explain how some women do have such thoughts.  Thank God that so few act on these impulses.

I am not saying that this is what EJ's problem was - I think she has had major problems since childhhod.  And I do think she is sitting mute in prison because the true charges against her would be a lot worse.

Mother with perinatal depression wanted to kill baby

Article from: The Mercury

Philippa Duncan

January 18, 2010 03:20pm

YOU wouldn't know it now, but Jane Heasman spent her first few months as a mother plotting ways to kill her baby, and then herself.

"I sat on the couch thinking I will not be one of those women who put their baby in the washing machine," she says.

"Lucky I had a top loader so I would not have been able to watch her go around and around."

Her thoughts would then move to the kitchen, debating the merits of the microwave and then the knives in the kitchen, which were nice and sharp and would bring a quick death.

"I thought if she screams one more time, I will throw her across the room," she says.

"If she cried, I would laugh at her. I would walk out of the room and walk outside and just laugh.

"Whenever she cried, I thought it was funny, I don't know why."

Ms Heasman's story is shocking, but it's not as rare as you would think.

Nationally, about 19 per cent of mothers suffer postnatal depression. For 15 per cent, the dark thoughts will start in pregnancy and continue after the baby is born, a lesser-known condition called perinatal depression.

That's what happened to Ms Heasman, a 27-year-old mum from Rokeby, who now has very different thoughts about her first child.

Sitting in the Parenting Centre in New Town that Ms Heasman credits with saving her life, she pauses to kiss her 10-month-old cherub.

"I'm sorry," she tells Annie.

"I love you now, but I didn't."

Ms Heasman was halfway through a nursing degree when she found out she was pregnant to her partner Daniel Keane.

"It was a big shock," she says.

"It wasn't part of the plan at all."

She had a "pretty normal pregnancy" until 20 weeks.

"This thing was growing inside me and my resentment was growing," she said.

"I was not excited about it at all."

Too ashamed to admit her feelings, she said nothing.

It was easy to hide how she felt, because the first-time mother was never asked about her emotions, finding "everything was about the baby" and measurements and ultra-sounds.

Then came the birth.

"Everyone says you forget, but you don't, oh my god it's so fresh," she says.

A 18-hour painful labour ended on the operating table with an emergency caesarean, and once Annie was cut out, Ms Heasman felt "nothing".

"They put her on my chest but I wanted her to get off me. I did not want her near me," she says.

Things did not improve once she brought her new baby home.

"I did not want to touch her, bathe her, feed her," she says.

"I had trouble breast-feeding, which I think was a big part of the problem.

"There is a big pressure on women to breast-fed. If you don't you're a failure."

Daniel was worried and so was the child nurse who on a home visit noticed the new mum was not touching her baby.

She was eventually referred to the Parenting Centre, where she was encouraged to reveal her darkest feelings to a non-judgmental professional and to start taking prescribed medication.

Ms Heasman was taught how to breast-feed and, finally getting the hang of it, started to feel love for Annie, who was now four-months old.

"I could not imagine ever loving her and now I could not imagine life without her," she says. "It just took me a bit longer to get there."

To avoid other women going through what she did, Ms Heasman is encouraging health officials to screen for perinatal depression during the regular pregnancy checks.

"Pick it up early," she says.

She is telling her story to encourage other women to seek help, and not wait until their children are one or two-year-olds.

"It's a hidden problem," she says. "No one wants to say they don't want their child. Women say nothing is wrong. But if you say you have had it, then suddenly everyone says 'I had that, too'."

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,26602225-23272,00.html

Gramps did confirm that EJ had post partum depression and was taking medication for it.  He also stated she stopped taking her meds just before she took of on Dec 18 (coincidentally right around the time she met Tammi).

"She should have sought professional help. She did seek help for post partum depression and she was on medication and during that time she seemed a lot more mellow and everything was better," Bob Johnson said.

But she stopped taking that medication shortly before she hopped in Bob Johnson's car with 8-month-old Gabriel and headed to Texas.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22168065/detail.html
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1281 on: January 20, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »

Northern Rose ... GREAT CATCH!

Tammi Smith should realize that it is said that it takes a good memory to be a liar.

Janet

++++++

NANCY GRACE
Smiths Take Polygraphs in Missing Baby Gabriel Case
Aired January 8, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

TAMMI SMITH: ... before Elizabeth went missing, she let us know that she was going to a domestic violence shelter that was going to take care of her, the baby, and everything that they needed ...

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/08/ng.01.html

NANCY GRACE
New Developments in Missing Baby Gabriel Case
Aired January 6, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Tammi says months went by then last month she received a call from Elizabeth.

T. SMITH: She finally called and said, are you ready to adopt him?

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: The two parties signed legal guardianship papers and Gabriel moved in with the Smiths.

JACK SMITH, PLANNED TO ADOPT BABY GABRIEL: We fell in love with him.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: But the baby`s dad wouldn`t sign guardianship or adoption papers. Still, Gabriel quickly became part of the Smith family, visiting Santa, playing with 4-year-old Hannah.

Then, December 18th, Elizabeth picked up her son to visit his father. Little did the Smiths know, the two were taking off to San Antonio.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/06/ng.01.html

IN A NUTSHELL

NANCY GRACE
Smiths Take Polygraphs in Missing Baby Gabriel Case
Aired January 8, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

PATRICIA SAUNDERS, CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST: Well, there are a lot of contradictions in their stories and now I think they`re trying to be do- gooders and make right by this, because a lot of other facts have emerged.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1001/08/ng.01.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1282 on: January 20, 2010, 07:17:34 PM »

Gramps did confirm that EJ had post partum depression and was taking medication for it.  He also stated she stopped taking her meds just before she took of on Dec 18 (coincidentally right around the time she met Tammi).

"She should have sought professional help. She did seek help for post partum depression and she was on medication and during that time she seemed a lot more mellow and everything was better," Bob Johnson said.

But she stopped taking that medication shortly before she hopped in Bob Johnson's car with 8-month-old Gabriel and headed to Texas.

When you consider Tammi Smith's business ... could it be that Elizabeth Johnson was pursuaded while Gabriel was in Tammi's care to go off her medications?  Could she have been told that a cleansing of her system would cure those "baby blues"?

Just speculating.

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1283 on: January 20, 2010, 07:24:03 PM »

When you consider Tammi Smith's business ... could it be that Elizabeth Johnson was pursuaded while Gabriel was in Tammi's care to go off her medications?  Could she have been told that a cleansing of her system would cure those "baby blues"?

Just speculating.

Janet

Never thought of that but WOW makes sense.  Dr. Tammi is all about how the enimas cure everything as well as loose weight.  On one of her sites she had something about next going after her naturopath I beleive so that would fit. 

Tammi Fay Smith (owner of Healing Waters since 2004)
Advanced Certified Colon Hydrotherapist, IACT- certified

After 15 years experience in mainstream medicine, Tammi has switched gears into naturopathic medicine and homeopathic remedies. After a brush with death herself due to a clogged colon, she turned away from invasive procedures, surgeries and prescription drugs which caused her to become even more ill. Through naturopathic medicine Tammi learned to heal herself, and colon hydrotherapy played the largest role in her recovery. After numerous colon hydrotherapy treatments, on the Hydro San Plus machine, Tammi was finally healed of her so called diseases and illnesses.

MORE...

http://www.healingwatersaz.com/about.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1284 on: January 20, 2010, 07:25:39 PM »

*Tammi is also currently working on finishing her Masters of Science Degree in Naturopathic Medicine, to become a Doctor of Naturopathy.

http://www.healingwatersaz.com/Credentials.html
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1285 on: January 20, 2010, 07:32:29 PM »

Just speculating.

Janet

That is what is so great about this place, we all offer their own perspectives and insight. Great thought Janet, I didn't think of that. Very well could be
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1286 on: January 20, 2010, 07:36:56 PM »

*Tammi is also currently working on finishing her Masters of Science Degree in Naturopathic Medicine, to become a Doctor of Naturopathy.

Finishing her masters of science degree in Naturopathic medicine? lol, ok whatever...for some reason I just can't believe that is the truth. Does she even have the degree before obtaining her masters?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1287 on: January 20, 2010, 07:37:27 PM »

Just speculating.

Janet

That is what is so great about this place, we all offer their own perspectives and insight. Great thought Janet, I didn't think of that. Very well could be
That could very well be Janet, and what a scary thought that is. A cleansing of her system, is not going to stop postpartum depression 
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1288 on: January 20, 2010, 07:46:44 PM »

Just speculating.

Janet

That could very well be Janet, and what a scary thought that is. A cleansing of her system, is not going to stop postpartum depression 

... and probably nothing else is cured.  However ... it was stated that the procedure gives you some sort of high.

Janet

_____

darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #1289 on: January 20, 2010, 07:46:48 PM »

Good Evening Monkeys and Guest!

I just started adding numbers on Northern Rose's post about the 15 yrs experience in the mainstream medicine in 2004. IIrc didn't she start the healing waters stuff in 2002? Or even if she started in 2004 and already had 15 yrs in medicine, that would have put her at 16 when she started. I think her mainstream medical career was as a patient.

I think it is very possible Tammy talked her in to stopping the meds she was on.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1290 on: January 20, 2010, 07:48:59 PM »

Finishing her masters of science degree in Naturopathic medicine? lol, ok whatever...for some reason I just can't believe that is the truth. Does she even have the degree before obtaining her masters?
Edit fix quote.  MB

I can't even find proof she graduated high school.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:53:23 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

God Bless!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1291 on: January 20, 2010, 07:51:16 PM »

Edit-fix quote MB

She may not have finished high school, she got married very young, so I don't know.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 07:53:58 PM by MuffyBee » Logged
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1292 on: January 20, 2010, 07:52:53 PM »

Northern do you have all the husbands and marriage dates handy?

God Bless!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1293 on: January 20, 2010, 07:58:27 PM »

Edit-fix quote MB

She may not have finished high school, she got married very young, so I don't know.

http://www.classmates.com/directory/services/directorySearch#

Tammy Peters, may be her. TS will be 38 in a couple months.

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1294 on: January 20, 2010, 08:02:48 PM »

Tammy Peters

Apollo High School, Glendale, AZ, 1975-1979

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1295 on: January 20, 2010, 08:03:29 PM »

Tammy Peters

Thank-you
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1296 on: January 20, 2010, 08:06:47 PM »

Northern do you have all the husbands and marriage dates handy?

Husband #1 when she was 16 years old.  Married at 16 divorced at 17 NO CHILDREN.

PETERS, TAMMI FAY Married 6/9/1988   TRAHAN, PAUL DENNIS JR
PETERS, TAMMI FAY Seperation MAR 6/9/1988   TRAHAN, PAUL DENNIS JR
PETERS, TAMMY FAYE Divorce 12/22/1989 DIVORCE

Husband #2. Married at 18, 3 children. 
PETERS, TAMMI FAY (TRAHAN)  Married MAR 3/27/1990   FACIO, KIETH JOSEPH
FACIO, TAMMY P Divorced 10/10/1996  FACIO, KEITH J
MTG 12/23/1997 COMMUNITY PROPERTY SETTLEMENT FACIO, TAMMI P
FACIO, KEITH J [-]

Not found a marraige cert for her and Jackie Don Smith yet.
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1297 on: January 20, 2010, 08:12:12 PM »

Tammy Peters

That can't be Tammi, she would have only been 3

God Bless!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1298 on: January 20, 2010, 08:14:01 PM »

Landfill that has not been searched yet

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1299 on: January 20, 2010, 08:17:27 PM »

Tammy Peters

That can't be Tammi, she would have only been 3

Well if it is Tammi then she would have gotten her PHD at age 5
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.