April 27, 2024, 06:29:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriel Johnson #3 1/27/10 - 2/16/10  (Read 424661 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1780 on: February 12, 2010, 09:48:59 AM »

Tammi F Peters 37 

Nashville, TN
Goodlettsville, TN
Antioch, TN
Hendersonville, TN 

Bobbi J Peters
Harry Maternus Peters
Leona Viola Peters
Leslie S Peters
Charles M Peters
Donna Peters
Kenneth M Peters
Claudia Peters
Kevin P Peters 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1781 on: February 12, 2010, 09:54:25 AM »

Exclusive: Baby Gabriel search focused on missing green bag (with video)

Sources have revealed to KENS 5 that when Elizabeth Johnson vacated her hotel room at the Homegate Inn & Suites in late December, she left behind all of her son's personal belongings.

But there reportedly was one item investigators could not find: a green diaper bag that  belonged to Gabriel Johnson. Of course, the 8-month-old was missing too.

A joint investigation involving authorities in San Antonio and Arizona led to a portion of the Tessman Road Landfill being roped off.

Johnson reportedly sent the baby's father, Logan McQueary, a text message saying she had killed their child, placed him in a bag and put his body in a dumpster. Trash from her hotel would come to the area where San Antonio police are currently searching.

That's where sources said police are looking for a green diaper bag or suitcase that could contain the child's body.

San Antonio police have called the case both a missing person case and a capital murder investigation.

Sources said the young mother's text to Gabriel's father declared she would direct him to their child's blue body if the garbage does not take him prior to that alert.

Johnson allegedly came to San Antonio trying to elude child custody issues with McQueary. Sources said she wanted to adopt little Gabriel to Tempe, Arizona couple Jack and Tammi Smith.

KENS 5 has learned that police have evidence of communication between the Smiths and Johnson while she was in San Antonio.

According to sources, they allegedly were discussing ways to conduct an illegal adoption. But police reportedly have not been able to conclude that such an adoption ever happened.

Sources said police did find witnesses who saw Johnson shopping without Gabriel the day she abandoned her grandfather's vehicle at a south-side Motel 6.

Investigators say that's when she used a fake last name to buy a bus ticket to Miami, Florida. Sources said the child did not make the trip. Johnson was arrested on child custody charges in Florida.

Police have said the mother was uncooperative. She reportedly said Gabriel was given to a couple in a San Antonio park.

But sources said subsequent questioning of the toddler's mother revealed inconsistencies in her story. Plus, investigators allegedly believe the missing child's story garnered so much national media attention that it's peculiar that they have not received any reports of sightings of Gabriel.

As a result, investigators reportedly think the child really could be a capital murder victim and unthinkably was tossed away like garbage.

http://www.kens5.com/news/Exclusive-Police-search-for-green-bag-with-Gabriel-Johnsons-body-84220907.html

Monkey with Class
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1782 on: February 12, 2010, 10:07:42 AM »

Has anyone found the feed for the court hearing today?  Wonder if they will show it?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1783 on: February 12, 2010, 10:18:09 AM »

Has anyone found the feed for the court hearing today?  Wonder if they will show it?

I have found nothing and have been looking for it.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1784 on: February 12, 2010, 10:35:04 AM »

Baby Gabriel: Illegal adoptionLatest on the search for baby Gabriel.

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/News/Baby%20Gabriel%3A%20Illegal%20adoption/40280768001/35150280001/66210585001
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1785 on: February 12, 2010, 10:38:23 AM »

I-CAST: Gabriel LatestLuggage Theft, Shuttle Update
(very short blurb about court being today)

http://www.azcentral.com/video/#/News/I%2DCAST%3A%20%20Gabriel%20Latest/40280768001/35150280001/66260804001
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1786 on: February 12, 2010, 11:33:37 AM »

Authorities Reveal Cost of Search for Missing Baby

We are learning new information about the search for a missing Texas baby.

The search for baby Gabriel at a San Antonio landfill has paused, and now we are learning the price tag for the search.

San Antonio police say the excavation at the landfill will ring up at more than $100,000.

The police department has received help from a dozen local companies who have agreed to donate time, equipment and resources to find the missing 8-month old boy who is possibly buried at the landfill.

Baby Gabriel was last seen with his mother. The boy's mother is now in police custody.

http://www.kauz.com/news/local/84226522.html
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1787 on: February 12, 2010, 12:01:58 PM »

Goodmorning Monkey's,

I have beem gleaning and cleaning. 

WS, Poster 252, researched adult adoptions if anyone is interested.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94557&page=11

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1788 on: February 12, 2010, 12:10:50 PM »

Monkey's,

Is today's Court going to decide if 'Custorial Inference' is going to be reinstated?  I  am just curious..

Tammi Smith has one court case against her for the charges 'Forgery' and 'Conspiracy to Commit Custodial Interference'.

She was also charged with 'Custodial Interference' but that charge was soon dropped because there was yet insufficient evidence for prosecution. However, that same charge may have been reinstated. All three charges are Class 4 felonies.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1789 on: February 12, 2010, 12:20:14 PM »

Monkey's,

Is today's Court going to decide if 'Custorial Inference' is going to be reinstated?  I  am just curious..

Tammi Smith has one court case against her for the charges 'Forgery' and 'Conspiracy to Commit Custodial Interference'.

She was also charged with 'Custodial Interference' but that charge was soon dropped because there was yet insufficient evidence for prosecution. However, that same charge may have been reinstated. All three charges are Class 4 felonies.

I am not sure.  I think this is their hearing where they go with their lawyers and say not guilty?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1790 on: February 12, 2010, 12:25:43 PM »

Tammi just popped back online so court is over

FB

Tammi Peters Smith
COPY & PASTE: Missing a beautiful 9 month old baby boy with sandy blond hair,big blue eyes,no teeth yet,likes to suck on his bottom lip or a pacifier.He has a beautiful smile and loves to be held. If you know anyone who has recently adopted a child with a close description(they might even be dressing him like a girl?) please call(210)207-7662
about a minute ago
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1791 on: February 12, 2010, 12:29:22 PM »

From the Bring Home Gabriel FB

Poster
I just got back from the courthouse. EJ did not have court today or at least she wasn't on the list and TS was vacated. I am not sure what that means. The clerk gave me TS case number which Jodie has already posted in the discussions but here it is again CR2010101760-002. The clerk said to call 602-506-8575 with her case number to get any updates we would like. She also told me that the court cases are open to the public so we can come and watch. Sorry I don't have better news.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1792 on: February 12, 2010, 01:14:40 PM »

The Judicial Branch of Arizona, Maricopa County
Superior Court :  Justice Courts :  Adult Probation :  Juvenile Probation : 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Español :  Locations :  Links :  Employment : 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Home :   
Docket >Criminal Court Cases
Criminal Court Case Information - Case History
 Case Information
Case Type: Criminal  Location:  Southeast   
Party Information
Party Name - Number Relationship Sex Attorney Judge Case #
State Of Arizona - (1)
  Plaintiff  N/A  County Attorney, Maricopa     
Elizabeth Joanne Johnson - (2)
  Defendant  F  Public Defender-, S E  Master Calendar  CR2010-101760-001   
Tammi Peters Smith - (3)
  Defendant  F  To Be Determined  Master Calendar  CR2010-101760-002   
Case Documents
Filing Date Description Docket Date Filing Party
2/10/2010  NSI - Notice of Supervening Indictment - Party (002)  2/11/2010  Plaintiff (1)   
2/10/2010  606 - ME: GJ Not/Supervening Indictment - Party (002)  2/11/2010   
2/10/2010  IND - Indictment - Party (002)  2/11/2010  Plaintiff (1)   
2/5/2010  IAD - Initial Appearance Document - Party (002)  2/5/2010   
2/3/2010  DCO - Direct Complaint - Party (002)  2/3/2010   
1/26/2010  152 - ME: Not Guilty Plea Arraign - Party (001)  1/26/2010   
1/21/2010  002 - ME: Hearing Vacated - Party (001)  1/21/2010   
1/14/2010  IAD - Initial Appearance Document - Party (001)  1/14/2010   
1/14/2010  NSI - Notice of Supervening Indictment - Party (001)  1/15/2010  Plaintiff (1)   
1/14/2010  606 - ME: GJ Not/Supervening Indictment - Party (001)  1/15/2010   
1/14/2010  IND - Indictment - Party (001)  1/15/2010  Plaintiff (1)   
1/12/2010  DCO - Direct Complaint - Party (001)  1/13/2010   
Case Calendar
Date Time Event
1/15/2010  8:35    Status Conference 
1/20/2010  8:30    Preliminary Hearing 
1/25/2010  8:30    Original Arraignment Hearing 
2/8/2010  8:35    Status Conference 
2/12/2010  8:30    Preliminary Hearing 
2/18/2010  8:30    Original Arraignment Hearing 
3/9/2010  8:15    Initial Pretrial Conference 

Search:

Docket Home
Civil Cases
Criminal Cases
Family Court Cases
Probate Cases
Justice Court Cases
Retention Rules

© 2007 The Judicial Branch of Arizona, Maricopa County Superior Court Justice Courts Adult Probation Juvenile Probation 

Español Locations Links Employment Top Requested Media Relations & Community Outreach Contact Us About This Web Site Site Index
Page Last Updated 10/27/2009 3:36 PM

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1793 on: February 12, 2010, 01:17:39 PM »

Monkey's,

I am not sure.  I think this is their hearing where they go with their lawyers and say not guilty?

Gee..NoRose, IDK, either !

TS has a death penalty lawyer, if charges stick, it could get stickier.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #1794 on: February 12, 2010, 01:35:38 PM »

Monkey's,

Gee..NoRose, IDK, either !

TS has a death penalty lawyer, if charges stick, it could get stickier.
I wonder if the State is considering adding the 3 rd charge back on?  Prelim hearings are usually to discuss the charges and evidence against the defendant.....hmmm maybe she is going to get slapped with more charges. I hope so anyway.

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1795 on: February 12, 2010, 02:03:04 PM »

Nothing yet about court this morning? Sorry I may have missed it.
lillyfinn
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1796 on: February 12, 2010, 02:05:09 PM »

A preliminary hearing is held in felony cases.  To determine if the State has enough evidence to establish probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed and the defendant committed it.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1797 on: February 12, 2010, 05:35:24 PM »

A preliminary hearing is held in felony cases.  To determine if the State has enough evidence to establish probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed and the defendant committed it.

Hi LILY & MONKEY'S,

Thank-you for enlightening me on a Preliminary Hearing. I have been called to jury duty but never sat through a case.

This is the first time a suspect appears in court.

An initial appearance

for a person in custody must be held within 24 hours of arrest. A summons with the date and time of the initial appearance is sent to individuals not in custody.

At the initial appearance, four important events take place:

The suspect is informed of the felony allegations.

The person is advised of the right to an attorney. If the court finds the person cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed.
Conditions of release are established. This means the court will determine if the person shall be released on bond or on their own recognizance, or remain jailed for the safety of the community.

Another court date is set for the next proceeding, usually in Justice Court or Superior Court.

Filing Charges

A felony charge is initiated by a complaint or an indictment. A prosecutor files a direct complaint in court, citing which crimes were allegedly committed. An indictment is issued by a grand jury, which determines from evidence presented by a prosecutor that a crime was committed and the suspect should stand trial on the allegations. Both a direct complaint and indictment define the alleged crimes and cite the date of offense and which laws were violated.
The defendant is notified when criminally charged and informed when to appear for the next court date. A judge can issue an arrest warrant if information is presented to indicate the person will not voluntarily appear in court at the scheduled time.

Preliminary Hearing

A preliminary hearing is required when a felony case is initiated by a direct complaint. The prosecutor presents evidence and witnesses to try to establish probable cause that the crime was committed and the defendant should stand trial. Generally, a preliminary hearing is held in Justice Court, but it may be held in Superior Court. The judge can dismiss the case for insufficient

Grand Jury

Another method for initiating charges against a defendant is a grand jury indictment. The grand jury, comprising 16 jurors, determines whether probable cause exists based on evidence presented by the prosecutor. Grand juror proceedings are secret and their actions become public only through the indictment, if one is handed up.

Arraignment

This brief Superior Court hearing is the defendant's opportunity to enter a plea to the charges. If the defendant enters a "not guilty" plea, a court date will be set. If the defendant enters a "guilty" plea, a sentencing hearing will be scheduled.
return to top

Trial

In a criminal trial, the state must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant committed the crime. Superior Court juries have either eight or twelve jurors depending on the nature of the charges. A verdict must be unanimous or a mistrial can be declared and the case could be retried.
On rare occasions, instead of having a jury trial, the defendant and prosecutor agree to a bench trial and ask a judge to determine the verdict.

In a case where a not guilty verdict is reached, the charges are dismissed and the defendant cannot be retried on the same charge. This is called "double jeopardy."

Sentencing

A defendant who is found guilty faces a range of possible sentences for the crime. When a verdict is returned, the judge sets a sentencing date within about 30 days. At a sentencing hearing, both the defense and the prosecution can present evidence to help the judge determine an appropriate sentence. Victims have the right to address the court on what they believe would be a proper sentence.

Arizona law provides for the death penalty in first-degree murder cases that are especially cruel, heinous or depraved. life imprisonment is also an option for murder convictions. The severity of crimes determines the length of sentences. Sentences of one year or less are served in the county jail. Sentences of more than one year are served in a state Department of Corrections facility. For less severe cases, a defendant may be sentenced to a term of probation. The court may impose conditions of probation that could include jail time, community service and counseling. Defendants may also be ordered to pay restitution to their victims.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/SuperiorCourt/CriminalDepartment/caseProcedures.asp

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1798 on: February 12, 2010, 06:01:33 PM »

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=wall&gid=251236072296

"Bring Home Gabriel Johnson is on Facebook"

A poster said TS hearing was moved to another day. ?????????

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #1799 on: February 12, 2010, 09:35:09 PM »

Media Relations And Community Outreach High Profile List

High Profile List Results

Court date: 2/18/2010 @ 8:30  Case #: CR2010-101760

Case event: Arraignment (Out of Custody)

Camera ruling: Need Request

Judge: ECB 813 Prosecutor: CA

Defendant: Tammi Peters Smith Defense attorney: Michael Kimmerer

Case notes: Charged with forgery and conspiracy to commit custodial interference in the case of missing baby Gabriel Johnson.

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/MediaRelationsAndCommunityOutreach/HighProfileList/hplSelectItem.asp

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.