April 27, 2024, 03:54:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabriel Johnson #3 1/27/10 - 2/16/10  (Read 424626 times)
Alien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #600 on: February 03, 2010, 07:28:07 AM »

Tammi Smith, arrested yesterday in the baby Gabriel case, was released from jail this AM

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity
Samantha
Scared Monkey

« Reply #601 on: February 03, 2010, 07:37:58 AM »

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35208375/ns/today-today_people/

Woman arrested in missing baby Gabriel case
Police say she is not connected to the 8-month-old boy’s disappearance
The Associated Press
updated 8:37 p.m. ET, Tues., Feb. 2, 2010
TEMPE, Ariz. - A woman who wanted to adopt an Arizona baby missing for more than a month was arrested Tuesday, but police said she was not connected to the boy's disappearance and that she and her husband likely don't know where the boy is.

Tammi Smith, 37, was taken to Tempe police headquarters and was expected to be booked into Maricopa County jail on charges of custodial interference, conspiracy to commit custodial interference and forgery, Lt. Mike Horn said.

He said the charges stem from Smith's repeated and apparently desperate attempts to adopt 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson, not from the boy's Dec. 26 disappearance in San Antonio.

"I am innocent, and God is with me," a handcuffed Smith told television reporters as she was taken in for booking.

Tammi and Jack Smith of Scottsdale had been considered "persons of interest" for weeks in the investigation into the disappearance, but Horn said that's no longer the case.

He said that all of his agency's leads into the disappearance have been turned over to San Antonio police, which is conducting its own investigation.

Jack Smith told The Associated Press that police crossed the line by arresting his wife and trumped up charges against her.

"It's clear that we had nothing to do with this, and why they're trying to make a case against my wife, I don't know," he said. "We have done nothing wrong."

Efforts to adopt Gabriel
Police say Gabriel's mother, 23-year-old Elizabeth Johnson, drove Gabriel to San Antonio from Tempe, stayed about a week, then took a bus to Florida without him. She was arrested Dec. 30 in Florida and is charged in Arizona with kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference.

She has refused to say where the baby is, but told Gabriel's father she killed him and threw his body in a trash bin. She also has said she gave the baby away to a couple in San Antonio, but police said she was vague in describing who they were.

The Smiths had sought to adopt Gabriel from Johnson, who gave the couple temporary guardianship over him for about 10 days in December before she picked him up and left Arizona.

In a Tuesday court document detailing the charges against Tammi Smith, police describe for the first time the lengths to which she went to adopt Gabriel.

Before Johnson left Arizona with Gabriel, those efforts included repeated phone calls and text messages to his father, Logan McQueary, pressuring him to relinquish his parental rights to the Smiths, according to the probable-cause statement.

Horn said Smith also tried to recruit male acquaintances to get them to put their name on a document seeking to have McQueary submit to a DNA test. The document required the name of a potential father, and when Smith couldn't get anyone to agree to it, she forged her cousin's name, Horn said.

After Johnson and Gabriel left the state, Smith sent a text message Dec. 27 to McQueary asking him if they could meet the following day, according to the document

"I'm afraid she'll be gone forever, cause she doesn't want to go to jail for kidnapping," she wrote. "The only way she'll come back is if my attorney faxes the signed papers to her so she won't get in trouble, and Gabriel b w/us."

Landfill may be searched for boy's body
Smith also tried to change court jurisdiction over Gabriel to Tennessee in an apparent last-minute plan to get Johnson to take the boy there and adopt him out without needing McQueary's approval, thus clearing the way for the Smiths, Horn said.

And on Jan. 4, Smith suggested in a voicemail to the judge in the boy's custody case that he give the Smiths guardianship because Johnson wouldn't return to Arizona with him unless she knew he would be "safe," according to the document.

Police say Smith told them to what other lengths she would go to get Gabriel.

"Tammi Smith stated she was going to use her attorney's help to pressure Logan to pay previous child support, current child support and be responsible for visitation," according to the document. "Tammi stated due to the above listed pressure the hope was that Logan would release his custodial rights and the adoption could proceed."

Jack Smith said his wife wrote down her cousin's name on a court document for a paternity test "as a joke" and because she was rushed by a court employee.

"We didn't think it was a big deal," he said.

With the case now shifting to San Antonio, speculation continues that police there will search a landfill for the boy's body. Managers of a San Antonio landfill have blocked off an area that might be searched for the baby, but police said they hadn't yet searched the site and decline to say whether they plan to do so.

URL: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/35208375/ns/today-today_people/

_______

Am I reading that bolded section right?? This is the first I've read that LE don't think Tammi knows where Gabriel is or is connected to his disappearance..
Alien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #602 on: February 03, 2010, 07:42:48 AM »

Sorry guys I can't back up my previous post with any other news. I saw that she was released from jail on 3tv news on twitter but can't find it anywhere else so for now let's just say it's not true 

Alien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #603 on: February 03, 2010, 08:41:19 AM »

Woman arrested in baby Gabriel case out of jail

http://ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=1259488

PHOENIX - A Valley woman arrested in connection with the missing baby Gabriel case is out of jail.

Tammy Smith's husband Jack picked her up at 4th Avenue Jail on Wednesday morning. Her attorney was not present.

Police do not believe that she knows where the missing boy may be. She was charged with custodial interference and forgery. "It doesn't mean those charges are gonna stick. It doesn't mean those charges are true. But nevertheless, they were able to do that 'cause they're the guys with the guns," says Tammy Smith.

"You know, those are charges that Tempe Police Department is trying to create a case." And she says looking back she wouldn't have become involved with the missing boy's mom, Elizabeth Johnson.

"I felt like she was being completely taken advantage of by the father and the grandfather."

When asked if she knows where the missing boy is, she says "absolutely not."

So it is true 

Alien
Scared Monkey

« Reply #604 on: February 03, 2010, 08:49:57 AM »

Potential adoptive mother of missing Tempe baby released from jail

http://www.azfamily.com/news/Potential-adoptive-mother-of-missing-Tempe-baby-arrested-83362862.html

TEMPE - Less than 24 hours after Tempe police arrested her in connection with the disappearnce of Baby Gabriel, Tammi Smith walked out of jail a free woman.

Smith, who wanted to adopt Gabriel Johnson, was was taken into custody Tuesday morning at her Scottsdale residence.

She was booked on charges of conspiracy to commit custodial interference, custodial interference and forgery.

That last count comes from court documents Smith filled out for Elizabeth Johnson, Gabriel's biological mother. According to police, Smith allegedly listed her cousin, Craig Cherry, as Gabriel's father. Investigators said Smith also tried to recruit several people to pose as the baby's father.
Gabriel was last seen Dec. 27 in San Antonio with his Johnson.

Tempe police said Smith has not been truthful during the investigation
Smith also allegedly reached out to a family court judge and made several false statements to investigators.
According to Smith and her husband, the couple was trying to adopt the 8-month-old from Johnson.
The couple has been considered "persons of interest" in the investigation for a couple of weeks. After yesterday's arrest, Jack Smith is no longer a "person of interest" in the case.

The baby's biological father Logan McQueary was involved in a custody dispute with Johnson before the child's disappearance.

Johnson, 23, is in jail, while police in San Antonio and Tempe continue to search for the missing child.
Tempe police said Tuesday they do not believe the Smiths have any idea where baby Gabriel is

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #605 on: February 03, 2010, 08:53:50 AM »

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/6848613.html
Scottsdale woman in missing baby case released
© 2010 The Associated Press
Feb. 3, 2010, 7:40AM
 PHOENIX — A Scottsdale woman who wanted to adopt an Arizona baby missing for more than a month has been released from a Phoenix jail.

Police say 37-year-old Tammi Smith was not connected to the boy's disappearance and that she and her husband likely don't know where the boy is.

Smith was interviewed at Tempe police headquarters Tuesday and later booked into Maricopa County jail on charges of custodial interference, conspiracy to commit custodial interference and forgery.

Lt. Mike Horn said the charges stem from Smith's repeated and apparently desperate attempts to adopt 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson, not from the boy's Dec. 26 disappearance in San Antonio.

As she was leaving jail, Smith told reporters the Tempe Police Department is trying to create a case. Smith it doesn't mean those charges leveled against her "are going to stick. Doesn't mean those charges are true."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #606 on: February 03, 2010, 08:54:26 AM »

Thanks Alien.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #607 on: February 03, 2010, 09:41:03 AM »

FB

Tammi Peters Smith
I just talked to Tammi and she wanted me to tell all of you she is fine. She anticipated this because of the continual harassing from the PD. Every charge brought against her had nothing to do with the disappearance of Gabriel. She is happy that now she will be able to show the whole world her innocence. You can't fabricate the truth

OK, maybe it doesn't have anything directly to do with the disapearance of Gabriel but 3 CLASS FOUR FELONIES none the less and having a direct relationship to lying to the government about Logan wanting to give Gabriel up and other lies pertaining to adoption.  So what is Tammi innocent of?  She is still a felon, IMO.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: February 03, 2010, 09:45:54 AM »

So she's been bailed out.  She's still being charged with 3 counts of class four felonies: 

http://www.mcso.org/index.php?a=GetModule&mn=Mugshot

stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #609 on: February 03, 2010, 10:14:02 AM »

FB

Tammi Peters Smith
I just talked to Tammi and she wanted me to tell all of you she is fine. She anticipated this because of the continual harassing from the PD. Every charge brought against her had nothing to do with the disappearance of Gabriel. She is happy that now she will be able to show the whole world her innocence. You can't fabricate the truth

OK, maybe it doesn't have anything directly to do with the disapearance of Gabriel but 3 CLASS FOUR FELONIES none the less and having a direct relationship to lying to the government about Logan wanting to give Gabriel up and other lies pertaining to adoption.  So what is Tammi innocent of?  She is still a felon, IMO.

I completely agree. And after reading the documents, I confess that even though it was obvious how involved she was in trying to "adopt" Gabriel, I was still shocked at some of the lengths she went to in order to try to make that happen. I mean, calling a judge??!! While I am not defending her at all, she definitely needs to be held accountable, it does make me wonder if she truly realized how illegal what she was doing was? Maybe that's why she keeps saying she's innocent, because maybe it hasn't hit her yet exactly how illegal her activity was??
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #610 on: February 03, 2010, 10:19:14 AM »

Wonder if the judge that granted them custody of the granddaughter is saying "rut roh" right about now?  Could be a close personal friend or customer that thought he was doing them a big favor. 

The arrest docs are a really good insight into what length Tammi has gone to adopt Gabriel, from calling a Judge to many other things. 

http://www.kpho.com/download/2010/0203/22416309.pdf

Good Morning Monks. A huge thanks to all of you who keep the rest of us up on the latest happenings. It is greatly appreciated.  The arrest docs really lays things out!  Thanks NR

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #611 on: February 03, 2010, 10:38:39 AM »

FB

Tammi Peters Smith

I completely agree. And after reading the documents, I confess that even though it was obvious how involved she was in trying to "adopt" Gabriel, I was still shocked at some of the lengths she went to in order to try to make that happen. I mean, calling a judge??!! While I am not defending her at all, she definitely needs to be held accountable, it does make me wonder if she truly realized how illegal what she was doing was? Maybe that's why she keeps saying she's innocent, because maybe it hasn't hit her yet exactly how illegal her activity was??

Stay at home--You could be right about Tammi not understanding  what she was doing was illegal, but I doubt it.  She has been arrested several times in the past and has at least some passing acquaintance with courts and jails.  Anyway, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

IMO this woman has similarly violated the law many times in the past and has used men's names as fathers who have no acquaintance with the mothers.  I believe she is involved in baby brokering and has done it for years.  Maybe this time she wanted to keep Gabriel as her own because he was a darling charming baby.  She seems to just take what she wants, and she wanted Gabriel.  She went to outrageous lengths to get him in her clutches.  IMO she knew exactly what she was doing and that what she was doing was illegal.  Now, she might have convinced herself that she was doing "God's work" by saving babies, but we can't act illegally and then claim God told us to do it.  The law is the law and Tammi has broken it by her own admission.  As far as Jack goes, IMO, he knew and participated in the entire operation.

I hope it becomes clear how she met Elizabeth Johnson because IMO no one would approach a strange mother with a baby in an airport and ask to adopt the baby.  To do so would probably have some legal consequences. A person who would do that would likely be put under surveillance by airport security because of the chance she would kidnap the baby she had her eye on.  It is my opinion that they made contact in some other way, perhaps on the internet, and arranged to meet somewhere.  Maybe in an airport, maybe not.

She seems to be a flight risk because of her previous actions and it is odd that she was released from jail.  I wonder if there was bail and I wonder if Jack paid it.  Judging by their house,  there's a lot of money somewhere.  It could have come from RE transactions, but with the housing market being as it has been for a couple of years, we all know the it is in trouble and not a good investment at this time. 

I do think, however, it will all become clear.

Inasmuch as Tammi always claiming that God is on her side, maybe she should reread the Ten Commandments.  It is my opinion she has violated a couple of the biggies.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #612 on: February 03, 2010, 10:43:59 AM »

Baby Gabriel investigation zeroes in on San Antonio (with video)

TEMPE and SAN ANTONIO -- The Scottsdale woman who went from person of interest to suspect in the case of Baby Gabriel posted bond and walked out of jail this Wednesday morning, less than 24 hours after her arrest.

Tammi Smith, who wanted to adopt Gabriel Johnson, maintains her innocence, but the Tempe Police Department said they had probable cause to arrest her.

"All of the information we had led us to this arrest," said Sgt. Steven Carbajal of the Tempe Police Department.

http://www.azfamily.com/home/related/Baby-Gabriel-investigation-zeroes-in-on-San-Antonio-83440787.html
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #613 on: February 03, 2010, 10:47:39 AM »

FB

Tammi Peters Smith

Stay at home--You could be right about Tammi not understanding  what she was doing was illegal, but I doubt it.  She has been arrested several times in the past and has at least some passing acquaintance with courts and jails.  Anyway, ignorance of the law is no excuse.

IMO this woman has similarly violated the law many times in the past and has used men's names as fathers who have no acquaintance with the mothers.  I believe she is involved in baby brokering and has done it for years.  Maybe this time she wanted to keep Gabriel as her own because he was a darling charming baby.  She seems to just take what she wants, and she wanted Gabriel.  She went to outrageous lengths to get him in her clutches.  IMO she knew exactly what she was doing and that what she was doing was illegal.  Now, she might have convinced herself that she was doing "God's work" by saving babies, but we can't act illegally and then claim God told us to do it.  The law is the law and Tammi has broken it by her own admission.  As far as Jack goes, IMO, he knew and participated in the entire operation.

I hope it becomes clear how she met Elizabeth Johnson because IMO no one would approach a strange mother with a baby in an airport and ask to adopt the baby.  To do so would probably have some legal consequences. A person who would do that would likely be put under surveillance by airport security because of the chance she would kidnap the baby she had her eye on.  It is my opinion that they made contact in some other way, perhaps on the internet, and arranged to meet somewhere.  Maybe in an airport, maybe not.

She seems to be a flight risk because of her previous actions and it is odd that she was released from jail.  I wonder if there was bail and I wonder if Jack paid it.  Judging by their house,  there's a lot of money somewhere.  It could have come from RE transactions, but with the housing market being as it has been for a couple of years, we all know the it is in trouble and not a good investment at this time. 

Inasmuch as Tammi always claiming that God is on her side, maybe she should reread the Ten Commandments.  It is my opinion she has violated a couple of the biggies.
AMEN Babybear

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Missiontoconvict
Monkey All Star Jr.

Seeking Justice for Caylee

« Reply #614 on: February 03, 2010, 10:49:07 AM »

My question is what happens with her next?  Won't there be a hearing on these charges?  I looked on the Maricopa County Court Case site and I don't see anything?  This doesn't make any sense to me. 

On July 5th, 2011 Caylee Anthony was denied Justice, her murderer was set free.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #615 on: February 03, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »

Dad Embarks On Search For Baby Gabriel
Logan McQueary Plans To Retrace Elizabeth Johnson's Path Between Tempe, San Antonio

PHOENIX -- The father of missing baby Gabriel Johnson set off on a cross-country journey Tuesday morning to track his ex-girlfriend's route to San Antonio, Texas.

Elizabeth Johnson, 23, is currently in a Maricopa County jail on charges of kidnapping and custodial interference relating to the disappearance of her 8-month-old son. Tammi Smith, who wanted to adopt Gabriel, was arrested Tuesday on similar charges.

Gabriel was last seen in San Antonio, so the boy's father, Logan McQueary, and his family members are trying to re-trace Johnson's steps.

Using tips from the Internet and even psychics, the family plotted points on a map where they thought Johnson might have stopped, including the Mountain View Motel in Tucson.

"We got several tips … talking about a Mountain View or Mountain Inn Hotel," McQueary said. "This is the only one we could find and track down. We decided … it's worth checking out along the way."

The motel led to a women's shelter, then to a bowling alley, then to another women's shelter.

At each location, the family left fliers with photos of Gabriel.

Even after hearing of Smith's arrest, McQueary decided to continue on the journey.

On Wednesday, McQueary planned to meet with a private investigator who offered to look into the case for free before the family headed to San Antonio, where the search is now centered.

http://www.kpho.com/news/22420462/detail.html
stayhomemommy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #616 on: February 03, 2010, 11:00:44 AM »

FB

Tammi Peters Smith

Babybear, you're absolutely right! I had momentarily forgotten about her past brushes with LE! Yes, that does change my perspective.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #617 on: February 03, 2010, 11:12:07 AM »

From yesterday prior to her release this morning.  I read her bail was $15,000.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/Father_of_missing_infant_heads_to_meet_with_Texas_private_eye.html

Web Posted: 02/02/2010 11:25 CST
Arrest made in missing boy case
By Eva Ruth Moravec - Express-News

On the day the father of a missing Arizona infant arrived in Texas in search of his son, authorities in Tempe announced they had arrested a woman who wanted to adopt the baby.

Tammi Smith, 37, of Scottsdale was arrested on charges of custodial interference, conspiracy to commit custodial interference and forgery, Sgt. Steve Carbajal of the Tempe Police Department said.

However, police said late Tuesday afternoon that they don't believe Smith knows the whereabouts of 8-month-old Gabriel Johnson, who last was seen Dec. 26 in San Antonio with his mother Elizabeth Johnson.

Johnson was arrested Dec. 30 in Florida and is charged in Arizona with kidnapping, child abuse and custodial interference.

Smith and her husband, Jack, have been considered “persons of interest” for weeks in Gabriel's disappearance, although police announced Tuesday they no longer considered the husband as such.

Police repeatedly have said Tammi Smith is withholding some information, although they declined to elaborate, the Associated Press reported.

Gabriel's father, Logan McQueary of Tempe, was in El Paso on Tuesday and planned to meet with internationally known private investigator Jay J. Armes.

Armes said the two would discuss the investigation and plot their route to San Antonio, where they planned on retracing Johnson's steps.

“We will decipher every iota of information,” Armes said Tuesday morning, adding both he and McQueary are hopeful they'll find Gabriel. “Right now, I feel that Gabriel is still alive, because there haven't been any sightings of a cadaver.”

Authorities said Johnson and her baby stayed at a North Side hotel Dec. 20-27. On Dec. 27, Johnson was seen boarding a bus to Fort Lauderdale, Fla., but Gabriel wasn't with her, authorities said.

While Armes said a San Antonio police search of an East Side landfill conducted Monday failed to turn up any clues, police spokeswoman Sandy Gutierrez said officials haven't searched the Tessman Road Landfill site.

A segment of the landfill in the 7000 block of Interstate 10 East was blocked off as part of a possible search for Gabriel, said Peg Mulloy, spokeswoman for Arizona-based Republic Services Inc., which owns the 1,000-acre landfill.

Police officials contacted the waste-management company earlier this month, Mulloy said.

Chief William McManus “has indicated that if something does happen, we'll let everyone know,” Gutierrez said, “but we did not search the landfill” on Monday.

Armes said he will work with three other private investigators. Combined, the team has more than 135 years of experience, said Armes, who runs a company called The Investigators.

He said a mutual friend told McQueary of Armes' company, and McQueary contacted him recently to ask if he was interested in the case. Armes, whose most famous investigation involved the 1972 return of Christian Brando after a custody-related kidnapping, signed on immediately.

“The harder the case is, the more challenging it is for me,” he said. “We've already been following several leads.”
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: February 03, 2010, 11:21:20 AM »

She got out at 4:00am

http://www.kpho.com/video/22420019/
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #619 on: February 03, 2010, 11:23:48 AM »

FB

Tammi Peters Smith

I agree, and want to add, someone commented that she may see herself as a martyr and seeing the smug grin on her face and her " God is with me" statement, I do believe she is setting herself up to be the martyr here. In her own twisted mind she thinks she is saving baby Gabe and she will become a martyr to those assisting in hiding this baby, whether it be the underground or her family and or friends, if he is alive and being hidden. I think she and her hubs need to spend some time in the pokey to think about their role in all of this because I believe her hubs knows exactly what the deal is. I also think that she/they have been in the black market baby brokering for some time now, this is just the first time they got caught, you know they say, you may get away with it for a while, then you get sloppy because you have been getting away with it so long, you feel safe, you make sloppy mistakes and get caught, I think this is what has happened. She now sets herself to look like the martyr saving a poor neglected and unwanted baby and protecting him from his father etc etc, though she knows Logan loves and wants his son, she will spin it in whatever way makes her look good and allegations against him helps her do that. She is a sick sick woman in need of some serious therapy and not the colon kind, as an in-patient where she is no threat to anymore families and their babies, but beyond that, I believe greed is the ultimate driving factor in this. From the looks of their home and all, they are making good money on black market babies.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.