April 26, 2024, 10:27:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Personalized Scared Monkeys MUGS?  (Read 9191 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 02, 2007, 09:33:33 PM »

Some of you have shown interest in purchasing PERSONALIZED Scared Monkeys mugs with your avatar and nickname on them.  It can be done but will mean alot of work for me.  I'm considering doing it if you are really interrested in it.  If we do offer them, requests will only be taken for a short timeframe.  I'll be too busy in February to work on a project like this so if it's a GO, it will be soon and requests will only be taken for a week or two.

The picture of your avatar on the mug will only be as clear as the quality of your current avatar.  It will be enlarged slightly for the mug.

It will only be offered in the large mug size and the price for the personalized mug will be $17.99 (normal large mug is $16.99).

Here is a sample of what it might look like:

Side of mug facing you if you are right handed:

Side of mug facing away from you if you are right handed:

THIS IS NOT A DONE DEAL YET BUT - WHAT DO YOU THINK?
oldfart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2007, 09:41:28 PM »

Klaasend

Is there anyway we can take part of the work load off of you as far has the graphics stuff?

What is the actual size of the Avatar Pic.. ?   KInda hard to tell (sorry)

Any chance of  doing clothing?

Thanks

It is NOT over !!! If you believe good prevails and that the truth comes forward then justice will be handed out.  I want answers!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 09:43:56 PM »

Quote from: "klaasend"
Some of you have shown interest in purchasing PERSONALIZED Scared Monkeys mugs with your avatar and nickname on them.  It can be done but will mean alot of work for me.  I'm considering doing it if you are really interrested in it.  If we do offer them, requests will only be taken for a short timeframe.  I'll be too busy in February to work on a project like this so if it's a GO, it will be soon and requests will only be taken for a week or two.

The picture of your avatar on the mug will only be as clear as the quality of your current avatar.  It will be enlarged slightly for the mug.

It will only be offered in the large mug size and the price for the personalized mug will be $17.99 (normal large mug is $16.99).

Klaas I think the mug looks great with the avatar.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2007, 09:44:10 PM »

Oldfart - right now I can only offer it in the MUG.  To do other items it will mean creating all new pictures to upload to Cafepress.  Nothing you guys can really do to help with that part.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2007, 09:49:55 PM »

Oldfart - right now I can only offer it in the MUG.  To do other items it will mean creating all new pictures to upload to Cafepress.  Nothing you guys can really do to help with that part.

Well, now couldn't you make the graphics image you would use with the sample user avatar in it available in a link and then let the graphics capable folks just paste their avatar appropriately in place on it and then send it to you or place a link to their version and then all you would need to do is upload it to cafepress?
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2007, 09:50:13 PM »

I love it...and you can "secretly" tell Red that I need one for Valentine's Day... disco ball and all!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2007, 09:50:29 PM »

I like the idea of the avatar on the mug.  Do we get to choose which avatar of ours we would like on it?

Does it help to send you a big size picture that can be sized down rather than a small one to be sized up?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2007, 09:55:48 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

I like the idea of the avatar on the mug.  Do we get to choose which avatar of ours we would like on it?

Does it help to send you a big size picture that can be sized down rather than a small one to be sized up?

Yes, you can choose whatever avatar you want.  Yes, it probably would be better to have a larger picture to scale down..will be better quality.  But...DON'T START SENDING ANYTHING YET!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2007, 09:57:20 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"
I love it...and you can "secretly" tell Red that I need one for Valentine's Day... disco ball and all!!

1.  You do know the disco ball won't move on the mug, LOL  Laughing

2.  Red better do more than that for you for Valentines day or I'll have to give him a swift kick..ha ha  Laughing
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2007, 10:00:25 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

Well, now couldn't you make the graphics image you would use with the sample user avatar in it available in a link and then let the graphics capable folks just paste their avatar appropriately in place on it and then send it to you or place a link to their version and then all you would need to do is upload it to cafepress?

It would be as much work for me to email the template to everyone.  Just as easy for me to do myself.
sandy leiva
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2007, 10:18:20 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

It would be as much work for me to email the template to everyone.  Just as easy for me to do myself.

yes klass great idea with the avetars id love one sandy l
msmarple
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 10:53:03 PM »

I like, would buy.

Why did they have to disappear her body?

Murder & Crime on  Aruba Summary - http://tinyurl.com/2lhukn

My usual avatar is an orchis simia (monkey orchid) plant.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 10:56:32 PM »

Here's another sample of what it would look like.  I've decided to add the date joined and location.  I'll use June 2005 unless you tell me what month you actually joined SM for the first time:

I will probably make the nickname larger than it is on this sample.
Lala'sMom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 10:56:52 PM »

Yes, yes, yes.  Can we add words to it also?  You know, like "Second Generation Barfdoll Member and Hall Monitor".
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 10:57:08 PM »

Quote from: "msmarple"
I like, would buy.

msmarple - I think Sandy translated that stuff for you..did you see?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2007, 10:57:43 PM »

Quote from: "Lala'sMom"
Yes, yes, yes.  Can we add words to it also?  You know, like "Second Generation Barfdoll Member and Hall Monitor".

Maybe  Wink
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2007, 11:03:23 PM »

Here's another sample of what it would look like.  I've decided to add the date joined and location.  I'll use June 2005 unless you tell me what month you actually joined SM for the first time:

Klaas I like it.  I'm going to have to order two and give one to my sister.  It drives her nuts everytime I am on this site.
hummingbird7525
Scared Monkey

« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2007, 11:09:54 PM »

Hi Klaas and Monkeys,
I would buy another mug.  I just love my christmas mug and laptop bag. Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy  Smile Thanks for thinking of it... Smile

Good days give you happiness.  Bad days give you experiences.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2007, 11:09:59 PM »

I would buy two even though my disco ball won't move.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #19 on: January 02, 2007, 11:10:22 PM »

Yes, I think they are very cute. I was thinking of the valentine one but these have a new and unique look. I.d gladly buy one.

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
Pages: 1 2 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.