April 19, 2024, 05:00:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #156 2/23/10 - 3/14/10  (Read 392023 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: February 27, 2010, 07:26:33 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #521 on: February 27, 2010, 07:48:57 AM »

Good Morning!   Thanks for updates.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #522 on: February 27, 2010, 08:19:08 AM »

OK I guessed I missed that news. Where are the Ants living? Is their house on Hopespring vacant? Did anyone see a moving truck? How did we find this out?? How is not living there supposed to "save" their house they have not made payments on? I would view that as abandonment.   
By now we all know that rules of any kind do not apply to the Asshats.  If they knew many months ago that they were tired of paying a mortgage on a house that they no longer wanted, they've refinanced, gotten cash out, why bother... add to that, payment due to Dom C. for his work, the social black eye they might get if KC was declared indigent (which, low and behold she has) and they who supposedly love her so much, didn't offer up some of their money to pay her defense, would look so bad. But hey, if they don't have any money everyone will understand how they  can't possibly help poor kc.  It's all so par for the course, finding the real truth about anything they do is nearly impossible. Because they're so underhanded, it just makes ppl. want to know what they're up to, in turn, they or Conway start blathering ridiculous statements...a vicious cycle. Eventually, I think they will be exposed. IMO they have money, they've found a way to hide it or they believe that ppl. will stop investigating if they pony up that the house is in foreclosure.  IMO it's the same tactic KC has tried all along...just believe because I want you to

I don't think they have been paying for Casey's defense, I think they have been squirreling the money away somewhere and will make a break for it when this is over.  If they have, then they should have kept their money and let Casey be represented by a Public defender- that way she would have had a competent Attorney and the case would have been over and done with by now.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #523 on: February 27, 2010, 09:16:09 AM »

OK I guessed I missed that news. Where are the Ants living? Is their house on Hopespring vacant? Did anyone see a moving truck? How did we find this out?? How is not living there supposed to "save" their house they have not made payments on? I would view that as abandonment.   
By now we all know that rules of any kind do not apply to the Asshats.  If they knew many months ago that they were tired of paying a mortgage on a house that they no longer wanted, they've refinanced, gotten cash out, why bother... add to that, payment due to Dom C. for his work, the social black eye they might get if KC was declared indigent (which, low and behold she has) and they who supposedly love her so much, didn't offer up some of their money to pay her defense, would look so bad. But hey, if they don't have any money everyone will understand how they  can't possibly help poor kc.  It's all so par for the course, finding the real truth about anything they do is nearly impossible. Because they're so underhanded, it just makes ppl. want to know what they're up to, in turn, they or Conway start blathering ridiculous statements...a vicious cycle. Eventually, I think they will be exposed. IMO they have money, they've found a way to hide it or they believe that ppl. will stop investigating if they pony up that the house is in foreclosure.  IMO it's the same tactic KC has tried all along...just believe because I want you to

I don't think they have been paying for Casey's defense, I think they have been squirreling the money away somewhere and will make a break for it when this is over.  If they have, then they should have kept their money and let Casey be represented by a Public defender- that way she would have had a competent Attorney and the case would have been over and done with by now.

I agree. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #524 on: February 27, 2010, 11:51:18 AM »

Good morning Monkeys---Maybe while they were in the Bahamas they opened some off shore bank accounts!

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #525 on: February 27, 2010, 12:57:48 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-21743-St-John-the-Baptist-Parish-Progressive-Examiner~y2010m2d27-Dancing-on-her-daughters-grave--A-Review-of-the-Caylee-Anthonys-homicide

Dancing on her daughter’s grave? A Review of the Caylee Anthony homicide
February 27, 3:35 AMSt. John the Baptist Parish Progressive ExaminerGregory Boyce
The tragic and perplexing story of the homicide of toddler Caylee Anthony begins with a frantic phone call made by a distraught grandmother to an Orlando, Florida police 911 dispatcher on July 15, 2008.

Cindy Anthony the maternal grandmother of the slain 2-year-old toddler and the mother of Casey Anthony, Caylee’s mother and the arrested prime suspect in Caylee’s murder, was the first person to notify the Orange County Sheriffs Department that her granddaughter was missing.

Cindy whose voice was shaking with anger, initially called the Orlando Police Department 911 dispatcher in order to make a complaint against her daughter Casey. The nature of the complaint was at best ambiguous and at times, incoherent. After determining the complaint’s jurisdiction, the dispatcher promptly re-routed Cindy to the Orange County Sheriffs Department.

Once the connection was made between Cindy and the Orange County Sheriff Department’s 911 operator, Cindy Anthony immediately sprang into a discombobulated diatribe that implied Casey’s involvement in the theft of Cindy’s automobile.

The bizarre conversation between Cindy Anthony and the operator began as follows:

"I have a 22-year-old person that has, um, grand theft sitting in my auto with me.  My car was stolen. We've retrieved it; today we found out where it was at. We've retrieved it, I've got that. And I've got affidavits from my banking account. I want to bring her in. I want to press charges”.

In between speaking to the operator and the operator taking notes, Cindy was overheard on audio tape warning Casey.

"My next thing will be child's thing and we'll have a court order to get her if that's what you wanna play. We'll do it and you'll never..."

Casey's reply is inaudible, to which Cindy Anthony retorted:
"Well, then, you have ... no, I'm not giving you another day. I've given you a month."

In her conversation with the 911 responder, Cindy Anthony stated that her daughter Casey had just admitted to her that Caylee had been missing for nearly a month and she didn't know where she was.

Adding to the story’s bizarre series of twists and turns, Cindy Anthony within minutes of initially hanging up from the Orange County Sheriffs Department re-called the Sheriffs department and said:

"I have someone here that I need to be arrested ... in my home."

Cindy told the responder that she was referring to her daughter Casey. In the same breath Cindy told the operator that she wanted to also report the disappearance of her granddaughter Caylee. The 911 responder asked Cindy why she wanted her daughter taken into custody.

Cindy’s reply: "For stealing an auto and stealing money," she replied. "I already spoke with someone. ... I was going to drive her to the police station and no one's open. They said they would bring a deputy to my home when I got home to call them."

However the bombshell that Cindy Anthony dropped was her statement to the responder that the automobile that her daughter Casey had driven smelled as though a dead body had been inside it.

"There's something wrong," Cindy Anthony told the dispatcher. "I found my daughter's car today, and it smells like there's been a dead body in the damn car."

Attempting to connect the dots to the story as told by Cindy, we go from (1) Cindy reporting a stolen but now recovered automobile, to (2) the reporting of stolen money, which incidentally Cindy claims was stolen by her daughter Casey, to (3) the reporting of her missing grandchild who is by the way, Casey’s daughter to finally (4) mentioning that the car that Cindy had been driving now mysteriously smells like a dead body.

It appears that all roads lead to Casey Anthony.

From the “get-go” Casey Anthony has been a study of lies and denial. During Cindy's third 911 conversation on July 15, she forced Casey to talk to the dispatcher, at which point Casey alleged that Caylee had been stolen by a baby sitter; a fictitious character that police later proved never existed.

The dispatcher asked why she hadn't called sooner. Casey responded:

"I've been looking for her and have gone through other resources to try to find her, which was stupid.”
As police investigators dug deep to find clues to what may have happened to little Caylee, police cadaver dogs did alert their handlers that indeed a dead body had at one time been inside the vehicle that Casey had driven. Sensing that her daughter was going to be charged with murder, Cindy Anthony changed her story from that of smelling a dead body in the car to that of smelling old pizza that had been left in the car for almost three weeks.

During the timeframe that Casey told investigators Caylee was missing, Casey (a single parent) lived her life as though the disappearance of her only child was not a concern. Photos of Casey partying at nightclubs and at the apartments of friends raised red flags to the police that Casey’s behavior was not in line with that of a loving and concerned parent. Questions of why it took Casey Anthony nearly a month before she reported her daughter being missing to authorities along with the police proving that Casey had lied to investigators about a phantom babysitter led to Casey being arrested for the disappearance of her daughter on July 16, 2008.

On October 14, 2008, Casey Anthony was indicted by a grand jury on charges of first-degree murder. Casey appearing somewhat nervous entered a plea of not-guilty to the charges that she killed her daughter Caylee.

A significant break in Caylee’s disappearance occurred on December 11, 2008, when skeletal remains of what appeared to be a young child were found in the woods by meter reader Roy Kronk. Forensic reports indicate that the child’s skull had duct tape wrapped around it. Documents released to the public by police investigators on January 21, 2009 determined that the duct tape had been placed over the mouth and nostrils of the dead child.

On December 19, 2008, medical examiners confirmed that the remains found were those of Caylee Anthony. Additionally the death was ruled as a homicide and that the exact cause of death could not be determined.
A tentative timeframe for Casey’s murder trial has been set for the summer of 2011. Speculation on why Casey may have murdered her daughter point in the direction that Casey was jealous of the relationship between her daughter and her mother Cindy and that Casey had grown tired of being a mother. Casey maintains that she is innocent and that the real killer of her daughter will be revealed during her trial.

As always Louisianans the New Orleans Examiner.Com is interested in what you think. Is Casey Anthony “dancing on her daughter’s grave” by denying that she murdered her? Do you believe that Casey is innocent of such a vile crime and if not do you believe that she deserves the death penalty if found guilty? Inquiring minds want to know. Sound off.

Until next time Louisianans, Good Day, God Bless and Good Fishing.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: February 27, 2010, 12:59:20 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/02/casey-anthony-nancy-grace-asks-guests-to-speculate-about-evidence-that-state-isnt-disclosing.html
big Friday victory »
Casey Anthony: Nancy Grace asks guests to speculate about evidence that state isn’t disclosing
CNN Headline News, Caylee and Casey Anthony, Nancy Grace, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on February, 27 2010 12:02 PM
Discuss This: Comments(3) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

What evidence could prosecutors in the Casey Anthony case want to keep from disclosing to the defense?

The was the subject of wide-ranging speculation last night on HLN’s Nancy Grace show. The guests ranged from Kathi Belich of WFTV-Channel 9 to bounty hunter Leonard Padilla.

What do make of it all? I’ll leave that to you, but here’s a sample of what people were saying.

Grace producer Ellie Jostad set up the discussion by explaining that prosecutors had told Judge Stan Strickland that “secret materials or certain materials and information have come into the possession of law enforcement.” Jostad added that prosecutors want to delay disclosure to Anthony’s defense team, and Strickland agreed that the information would be kept secret 30 days.

What might it be?

“We obviously don’t know,” said Drew Petrimoulx of WDBO radio in Orlando. “It’s also going to be withheld from the public because of the way the discovery evidence goes. First it goes to the defense, then to the public. So you know, us reporters are also left questioning what exactly this evidence is.”

Eleanor Odom, a felony prosecutor, wondered “if this is some type of evidence that could easily be destroyed, or maybe there’s a privacy right of somebody and that’s why they don’t want the evidence to get out just now.”

Odom echoed a point made by Grace: The defense will get it well before trial.
The take from WFTV’s hard-charging Belich? “One thing that I’m hearing is that — you were asking earlier, Why does this have to be kept secret? From what I understand, investigators don’t want any interference. If they start releasing information about who they might be talking to and what they might be talking to those people about, the concern is that, you know, the evidence or the witnesses might be contaminated and there might be some interference by the defense. And so I think they just want to settle this, figure it out, and then we’ll hear about what all of this is, whether it’s relevant or not.”

Bounty hunter Padilla was more specific.

“I came up with the theory that there was a situation where [meter reader Roy] Kronk had gotten information from somebody in the jail. And I think that’s what — I think that’s what it’s about,” Padilla said.

Kronk found the remains of Caylee Anthony. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter’s death.

And what do you say? Feel free to speculate. Everyone else is. But you don’t get to be on Grace’s show.

~ Peter Frampton
crazybabyborg
« Reply #527 on: February 27, 2010, 01:34:39 PM »

I'm so curious to find out what it is the prosecution has. The only thing that makes it bearable is knowing that Casey and Bozo may be loosing a little sleep wondering the same thing.   
KarmaRoundUp
Monkey Junky

Angels Are True

« Reply #528 on: February 27, 2010, 02:45:41 PM »

Hi Monkeys

I saw this image below on one of the videos last week about the anthonys losing their home.I captured these 2 images of caseywitch,don't remember seeing them before.Maybe the anthonys have decided to make money off of their little monster of the year by selling photos of her instead of sweet little Caylee.

Hope this doesn't blow the margins........

Karma Is Coming

Justice for Natalee Holloway!

Rest In Peace Sweet Angels

Help Light Lindsey's Way Home
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #529 on: February 27, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »

http://www.bloggernews.net/123933
Haleigh Cummings – Caylee Anthony – Some Reflections
Posted on February 27th, 2010
by Simon Barrett in Op-ed, crime
Read 46 times.

It has been an interesting journey of discovery. The past 18 months have been eye opening to say the least. Both the Haleigh Cummings and Caylee Anthony stories have revealed to me just what a strange world we live in.

It was several months ago that I had a long conversation with TJ Hart, he was at his wits end. In his 10 years as a well respected reporter in Gainsville, Florida, Haleigh Cummings was the latest in a long stream of high profile cases that he has covered in depth. It was an emotional conversation, TJ is a grandfather, and this discussion was not about winning journalistic acclaim, it was about the state of our modern society.

There are actually many parallels between the Haleigh Cummings and Caylee Anthony cases. So many that I find it disturbing. Actually sources close to the case have made the same comments.

What really disturbs me is the frequency of these cases. Child exploitation and abduction has reached epidemic proportions. I was talking to a friend of mine Robert Siciliano the other day. He is a well known and well respected expert on the subject of personal security. In his book The Safety Minute :01 he talks about children, 50,000 go missing each year. This statistic is well used, most of the 50,000 are found, most have been abducted by family members. A much more disturbing statistic is that 1 in 4 children have been ‘inappropriately touched’. I asked Robert where he got this data from, look for yourself Here and Here.

I am not trying to say that either Haleigh Cummings or Caylee Anthony were in any way subject to any form of sexual abuse, merely that the numbers are so shocking that it numbs my mind.

What I do see in the Haleigh Cummings and Caylee Anthony case is abuse. Abuse by dereliction of parental care. Both cases scream out at me, little children begging for help. Both cases have garnered major news coverage, and both cases have revealed a truly ugly world that these young children were in. I would not put Casey Anthony in charge of taking the garbage out, never mind caring for a two year old child! Casey’s mother and father have been playing ‘poor mouth’ since the event, yet they have apparently cashed in, it has been widely reported that they received $100,000 from a large media outlet, yet still face foreclosure. Mom and dad George and Cindy tell us that because of the press coverage neither can find a job!

Of course this is rubbish!

Over on the Haleigh Cummings case we have a cast of characters that quite honestly should not be allowed to keep a goldfish never mind children. It is simple to explain in one word ‘DRUGS’. Drugs are everywhere you look when you talk about Haleigh Cummings. Misty Croslin and her brother Tommy, both are behind bars for Drugs. Ronald Cummings, behind bars for drugs. Bio mother of Haleigh Cummings, failed a drug test recently, and from what I can tell has a long history of enjoying recreational pharmaceuticals.

It is time to put an end to these awful situations. There has to be something that as a society we can do. But what?

Simon Barrett

~ Peter Frampton
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #530 on: February 27, 2010, 09:03:51 PM »

Thanks for the good reading!
NickandNora
Monkey Junky

« Reply #531 on: February 28, 2010, 01:33:09 AM »

I saw this image below on one of the videos last week about the anthonys losing their home.I captured these 2 images of caseywitch,don't remember seeing them before.Maybe the anthonys have decided to make money off of their little monster of the year by selling photos of her instead of sweet little Caylee.

Hope this doesn't blow the margins........

What is it with her always smiling like that?! It's like she's killing her jaws to push out her teeth that way. It's like an extremely forced smile...almost every pic we see of her it's seldom ever relaxed looking.

Thanks for the links and updates. I hope we get to see evidence that is new news, but I don't know if I can stomach more pics of the trunk. It's so hard on the heart. I admire the strength it takes to focus on the gruesome parts. I just can't look at it sometimes. That baby deserved a family that truly loved and adored her. They're so danged hard hearted! To know these facts and still support kc is so heinous...among all the other dirty nasty crap they've done and are doing.

CBB...me too...it's nice to think they have got to be sweating bullets about what the prosecution has.
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #532 on: February 28, 2010, 07:24:52 AM »

I'm so curious to find out what it is the prosecution has. The only thing that makes it bearable is knowing that Casey and Bozo may be loosing a little sleep wondering the same thing.   
Me, too.  I'll bet they are sweating like a you-know-what in church!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: February 28, 2010, 08:08:28 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-keith-mitnik-attorney-20100228,0,1945483.story
'Mitlock' gives law firm its million-dollar teeth
 By Amy L. Edwards, Orlando Sentinel

February 28, 2010
His nickname is "Mitlock" and he's often called John Morgan's "set of teeth."

He has represented judges, world-famous musicians and most recently a Kissimmee woman suing Casey Anthony.

While Morgan is arguably Central Florida's most notorious and recognizable lawyer, it's his legal partner who is known for fierce courtroom battles: Keith Mitnik.

Mitnik's just as at-ease in front of the cameras and reporters as Morgan, and has plenty of high-profile cases to put him there, but you won't see his face on billboards or commercials.

Mitnik is Morgan & Morgan's courtroom warrior — a specialist dispatched to pick jurors and go to battle.
For his part, 51-year-old Mitnik said he doesn't want to be attached to anything that sounds "celebrity."

Mitnik said it's important that jurors know he is "sincere. Real. Not some actor putting on a show."

Mitnik, a Eustis native who graduated from the University of Central Florida and then Florida State University Law School, said he never wants to appear as though he's a big-shot.

"I'm not," he said. "I don't feel important. I feel lucky."

Those who know Mitnik say he really is humble.

"He's one of the most genuinely, sincerely good guys that you'll ever meet," fellow Morgan & Morgan attorney Alexander "Zander" Clem said.

"[Mitnik] believes that a handshake is your bond, and your word is your bond. Being honest and ethical is the way to be," Clem said.

Mitnik certainly has plenty to boast about.

He's a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, designated for lawyers who have verdicts in excess of $1 million. Less than 1 percent of U.S. lawyers are members.

Last year, an Orange County jury awarded one of his clients, a 13-year-old girl paralyzed from a car accident, about $13 million.

"There is not a lawyer in the state of Florida in the last three years that has more million and multi-million dollar verdicts than Keith Mitnik," Morgan said.

Morgan said he spent years trying to recruit Mitnik to join his firm. In 1997, he finally got him.

"I knew then that it was the single most important thing that I'd ever done for my law firm," Morgan said.

Those who have battled Mitnik in the courtroom also applaud his work.
They were on opposing sides in a complicated case involving time-share mogul David Siegel and his ex-wife in the late 1990s.

Downs said she had been working with a team of lawyers and consultants when, all of a sudden, she was "dealing with the flame thrower, Keith Mitnik."

"Keith is a warrior," she said. "And so when he straps on his gear, he fights. That's what the people who hire him want. And it works for him."

Eventually, Downs and Mitnik made peace.

After the judge ruled, Downs recalled, Mitnik walked across the courtroom, congratulated and complimented her.

"It filled my heart with respect and love for him," she said. "I appreciated it. I've tried to emulate it."

Downs, the Orlando city attorney and president-elect of The Florida Bar, said she now considers Mitnik a friend. She follows his success "with pleasure and pride."

Mitnik, she said, has a rare gift. He's comfortable in the courtroom.

"He moves around with ease. When he's comfortable, the people around him are comfortable," she said.

"Keith has a self-deprecating quality. The trick, for those of us in this business, is to have confidence. . . . But you can't let that make one side-step in[to] arrogance. Jurors don't like that."

Mitnik's confidence and humility is a winning combination, she said.

"I think he's emotionally honest. He is who he portrays. He's not putting on an act," she said.

And yet, "He's comfortable attacking when he needs to attack."
Mitnik travels the country and has handled a variety of cases.

Mitnik said he probably tries more cases as a personal injury lawyer representing the plaintiff than any other such lawyers in Florida — about 15 a year.

This summer, Mitnik will likely make headlines again when he and fellow Morgan & Morgan attorneys take on accused murderer Casey Anthony in a defamation suit.

Morgan & Morgan is representing Zenaida Gonzalez, a Kissimmee mother who claims Anthony damaged her reputation by naming her as a babysitter who took Anthony's 2-year-old Caylee. Anthony is accused of killing Caylee in the summer of 2008 and investigators have said no such babysitter exists.

And though he's got plenty of big-figure verdicts, the best work is on the small cases, Mitnik said.

He's just as proud of the nameless cases as he is representing members of the Harlem Globetrotters.

Mitnik said he feels a huge responsibility to head-off injustices and has told countless young lawyers he never tries a case over money.

"If I don't believe in a case, I don't walk in a courtroom," he said.

Amy L. Edwards can be reached at aledwards@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5735.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #534 on: February 28, 2010, 08:09:22 AM »

Wearing a two dollar hat.   

~ Peter Frampton
monkalicious
Monkey Junky

« Reply #535 on: February 28, 2010, 08:36:07 AM »

Wearing a two dollar hat.   
That is hilarious!  haven't heard that in years!  Love the imagery!

What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #536 on: February 28, 2010, 10:06:58 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/os-keith-mitnik-attorney-20100228,0,1945483.story
'Mitlock' gives law firm its million-dollar teeth
 By Amy L. Edwards, Orlando Sentinel

February 28, 2010
His nickname is "Mitlock" and he's often called John Morgan's "set of teeth."

He has represented judges, world-famous musicians and most recently a Kissimmee woman suing Casey Anthony.

While Morgan is arguably Central Florida's most notorious and recognizable lawyer, it's his legal partner who is known for fierce courtroom battles: Keith Mitnik.

Mitnik's just as at-ease in front of the cameras and reporters as Morgan, and has plenty of high-profile cases to put him there, but you won't see his face on billboards or commercials.

Mitnik is Morgan & Morgan's courtroom warrior — a specialist dispatched to pick jurors and go to battle.
For his part, 51-year-old Mitnik said he doesn't want to be attached to anything that sounds "celebrity."

Mitnik said it's important that jurors know he is "sincere. Real. Not some actor putting on a show."

Mitnik, a Eustis native who graduated from the University of Central Florida and then Florida State University Law School, said he never wants to appear as though he's a big-shot.

"I'm not," he said. "I don't feel important. I feel lucky."

Those who know Mitnik say he really is humble.

"He's one of the most genuinely, sincerely good guys that you'll ever meet," fellow Morgan & Morgan attorney Alexander "Zander" Clem said.

"[Mitnik] believes that a handshake is your bond, and your word is your bond. Being honest and ethical is the way to be," Clem said.

Mitnik certainly has plenty to boast about.

He's a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, designated for lawyers who have verdicts in excess of $1 million. Less than 1 percent of U.S. lawyers are members.

Last year, an Orange County jury awarded one of his clients, a 13-year-old girl paralyzed from a car accident, about $13 million.

"There is not a lawyer in the state of Florida in the last three years that has more million and multi-million dollar verdicts than Keith Mitnik," Morgan said.

Morgan said he spent years trying to recruit Mitnik to join his firm. In 1997, he finally got him.

"I knew then that it was the single most important thing that I'd ever done for my law firm," Morgan said.

Those who have battled Mitnik in the courtroom also applaud his work.
They were on opposing sides in a complicated case involving time-share mogul David Siegel and his ex-wife in the late 1990s.

Downs said she had been working with a team of lawyers and consultants when, all of a sudden, she was "dealing with the flame thrower, Keith Mitnik."

"Keith is a warrior," she said. "And so when he straps on his gear, he fights. That's what the people who hire him want. And it works for him."

Eventually, Downs and Mitnik made peace.

After the judge ruled, Downs recalled, Mitnik walked across the courtroom, congratulated and complimented her.

"It filled my heart with respect and love for him," she said. "I appreciated it. I've tried to emulate it."

Downs, the Orlando city attorney and president-elect of The Florida Bar, said she now considers Mitnik a friend. She follows his success "with pleasure and pride."

Mitnik, she said, has a rare gift. He's comfortable in the courtroom.

"He moves around with ease. When he's comfortable, the people around him are comfortable," she said.

"Keith has a self-deprecating quality. The trick, for those of us in this business, is to have confidence. . . . But you can't let that make one side-step in[to] arrogance. Jurors don't like that."

Mitnik's confidence and humility is a winning combination, she said.

"I think he's emotionally honest. He is who he portrays. He's not putting on an act," she said.

And yet, "He's comfortable attacking when he needs to attack."
Mitnik travels the country and has handled a variety of cases.

Mitnik said he probably tries more cases as a personal injury lawyer representing the plaintiff than any other such lawyers in Florida — about 15 a year.

This summer, Mitnik will likely make headlines again when he and fellow Morgan & Morgan attorneys take on accused murderer Casey Anthony in a defamation suit.

Morgan & Morgan is representing Zenaida Gonzalez, a Kissimmee mother who claims Anthony damaged her reputation by naming her as a babysitter who took Anthony's 2-year-old Caylee. Anthony is accused of killing Caylee in the summer of 2008 and investigators have said no such babysitter exists.

And though he's got plenty of big-figure verdicts, the best work is on the small cases, Mitnik said.

He's just as proud of the nameless cases as he is representing members of the Harlem Globetrotters.

Mitnik said he feels a huge responsibility to head-off injustices and has told countless young lawyers he never tries a case over money.

"If I don't believe in a case, I don't walk in a courtroom," he said.

Amy L. Edwards can be reached at aledwards@orlandosentinel.com or 407-420-5735.

Is there anything more attractive than a man with a brain and a conscience?
I'm so glad he is representing Zenaida.
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #537 on: February 28, 2010, 10:13:00 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/02/casey-anthony-nancy-grace-asks-guests-to-speculate-about-evidence-that-state-isnt-disclosing.html
big Friday victory »
Casey Anthony: Nancy Grace asks guests to speculate about evidence that state isn’t disclosing
CNN Headline News, Caylee and Casey Anthony, Nancy Grace, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on February, 27 2010 12:02 PM
Discuss This: Comments(3) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

What evidence could prosecutors in the Casey Anthony case want to keep from disclosing to the defense?

The was the subject of wide-ranging speculation last night on HLN’s Nancy Grace show. The guests ranged from Kathi Belich of WFTV-Channel 9 to bounty hunter Leonard Padilla.

What do make of it all? I’ll leave that to you, but here’s a sample of what people were saying.

Grace producer Ellie Jostad set up the discussion by explaining that prosecutors had told Judge Stan Strickland that “secret materials or certain materials and information have come into the possession of law enforcement.” Jostad added that prosecutors want to delay disclosure to Anthony’s defense team, and Strickland agreed that the information would be kept secret 30 days.

What might it be?

“We obviously don’t know,” said Drew Petrimoulx of WDBO radio in Orlando. “It’s also going to be withheld from the public because of the way the discovery evidence goes. First it goes to the defense, then to the public. So you know, us reporters are also left questioning what exactly this evidence is.”

Eleanor Odom, a felony prosecutor, wondered “if this is some type of evidence that could easily be destroyed, or maybe there’s a privacy right of somebody and that’s why they don’t want the evidence to get out just now.”

Odom echoed a point made by Grace: The defense will get it well before trial.
The take from WFTV’s hard-charging Belich? “One thing that I’m hearing is that — you were asking earlier, Why does this have to be kept secret? From what I understand, investigators don’t want any interference. If they start releasing information about who they might be talking to and what they might be talking to those people about, the concern is that, you know, the evidence or the witnesses might be contaminated and there might be some interference by the defense. And so I think they just want to settle this, figure it out, and then we’ll hear about what all of this is, whether it’s relevant or not.”

Bounty hunter Padilla was more specific.

“I came up with the theory that there was a situation where [meter reader Roy] Kronk had gotten information from somebody in the jail. And I think that’s what — I think that’s what it’s about,” Padilla said.

Kronk found the remains of Caylee Anthony. Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in her daughter’s death.

And what do you say? Feel free to speculate. Everyone else is. But you don’t get to be on Grace’s show.

I like Leonard ( most of the time) because he is such a character, but I don't think he knows any more about this case than the rest of us. He knows a bit about Anthony family dynamics from the time he spent with them, but I never forget that when the rest of us were saying - 31 days! and listening to Casey's complete lack of concern about her child, only wanting to talk to Tony in her first call home from Jail,  we knew what this young woman's character  was made of, and Leonard wanted to bail her out because he believed the Zanny B.S. - so I don't attach much weight to what he says,  it just amuses me.
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #538 on: February 28, 2010, 12:13:01 PM »

Love Mr. Mitnik !!!!!!    an angelic monkey
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #539 on: February 28, 2010, 01:05:33 PM »

Love Mr. Mitnik !!!!!!    an angelic monkey

ditto!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.