April 26, 2024, 12:32:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #156 2/23/10 - 3/14/10  (Read 392746 times)
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #720 on: March 05, 2010, 11:46:08 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys and Guest!

Where are our documents?????

Trimm thank you for all the links and articles you post every  morning. They are very appreciated by me and all the other Monkeys I am sure.

The HinkeyMeter article was very informative and broke down some things that I was confused on.
One thing that surprised me was that Casey Ho had to look up the definition of bustdown. Her being the expert on that one while her sweet baby was in the trunk of her car, then in the swamps. Course I had to look it up myself.
If this was not such a horrific crime, it would be rather comical.
Good morning, I had to look that word up also, never in a million years would I have guessed that definition  Learn something new everyday.
lol I got curious
so bustodwn means ho and  promiscious 

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #721 on: March 05, 2010, 11:54:35 AM »

Jane Velez Mitchell was on last night ( not at my house, I don't watch her) but one thing she said really made sense-  she was irate that Sex offenders seem to just get lost and no one monitors them for LIFE, which she thinks is what should happen...  one of her experts was stating that the monitoring of their whereabouts is the problem -   she said 'If I can buy something and have it shipped UPS, and I can look online and find out EXACTLY where my package is, until it arrives at my door, so why can't we do that with perverts?'   I have to say because I don't care for JVM but  I really agree with that.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!

Hallelujah to your Amen!!  Good Morning Monks!
I dont like jane either! she coddles baez only because he is hispanic like her? duh shes not my favorite and I avoid her. I am not prejuidiced I am hispanic too

Loca
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #722 on: March 05, 2010, 11:56:32 AM »

Thanks Trimm  Does seem odd that they won't be out till next week, but better then, then not ever getting the docs.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #723 on: March 05, 2010, 12:45:39 PM »

Hi LOCA AND WYKS Wyks, I still love your monkey with the banana--didn't he used to offer us a bite of it?

Now to the subject at hand.  Nancy Grace I think it is.  She constantly says that she is a "Crime victim."  I don't know, but that really bothers me.  It was her fiance' who was the crime victim.  He was shot.  She also says that he was shot by a stranger and it destroyed his "Beautiful face."  He was not shot by a stranger.  He was shot by a person with whom he once worked.  He also was not shot in the face.  It is really sad enough without her embellishing it.  Also, that was many years ago and while I am sure she remembers him with sadness, she has a husband and two children who should be her preoccupation now.  I wonder how her husband feels when she talks about getting out her souvenirs of her fiance' almost every day and doing whatever it is she does with them.  Frankly, I think she's silly.  I don't like her, I don't like her show, and heck, I don't even like her twins.

Hi Babybear, and thanks!     My monkey has always just sat there eating that endless banana.  lol  We have plenty tho and I've offered those to hungry monkeys, that might be what you are remembering.    

I agree with you about NG and her fiance who was killed.  Seems to me that since she's moved on with her life, has a husband and children, it's kind of disrespectful to the new love to go on and on and on and on the way she does about the former love.  It's to the point that it feels to me like a slap to her hubby. 

And this next part is catty of me, I know, oh well.....  Monkey Devil!   NG has also talked on and on about how she got married, and then she got pregnant, and then...  Ermm it wasn't in that particular order.  She was pregnant with the twins when she got married.  Happens to a lot of folks, so it's no big deal to me.  IMO, she makes it a big deal by saying now that it happened differently.  I wonder, does she think the long-time watchers of her show weren't paying attention back then? 

I started thinking awhile back, if she's gonna misrepresent something like that, and so blatantly, what else would she misrepresent?   So in light of that, it doesn't surprise me much that she describes what happened to her former love who died, differently than what actually happened.  NG has changed hugely for the worse since her twins were born.  IMO. 

Also IMO, we need a different type of person to bring the news of the missing, abused, murdered children and adults to the public.  Someone who is honest, compassionate, truly an advocate, who is also not afraid to get up in someone's face who deserves it and needs it.  I thought JVM was going to be that.  But alas, seems she has patterned herself after NG.  The almighty dollar and ratings seem to be priority over the missing, abused, and murdered.    

Good afternoon Wyks and all of you other Monkeys in Monkeyland 

I agree with you about Nancy Grace and Jane Velez-Mitchell.  IMO neither of them is a true advocate for crime victims, nor their survivors.  There are a number of instances where I know for a fact that Nancy Grace is incorrrect when she presents her "Bombshells" and her "Breaking news."  In fact, when she is correct, it is something we have heard before, often days before. She is rude, arrogant and treats her guests shamefully.  I know they are paid, but I don't think I would allow myself to be treated in that manner for any amount of money or TV time. 

She is untruthful about her personal history as I have  read her  own accounts which differ significantly from her present claims.  Further, I think she exploits her children and by doing so, leaves them open to criticism.  In fact, if she can't stand the heat she should leave the twins out of the kitchen.

I remember her years ago during the OJ Simpson trial.  At that time it seemed that the networks and cable TV organizations were scrambling to get a lawyer, any lawyer, to comment, and I think it was CNN which came up with Grace, although it could have been a different network.  Several attorneys became television personalities as a result of that trial.  Roy Black, who  defended William Kennedy Smith at the Palm Beach rape trial and who later married the jury forewoman, appeared with Nancy Grace on a short-lived CNN noontime show.  Then she moved on to Court TV where she was also for a short time paired with Johnny Cochran. Cochran had a habit of signing off the program saying  "Goodnight Gracie," as George
Burns did years ago when he signed off his TV program with his not-so-bright wife, Gracie Allen. (Allen was in fact a brilliant woman and actress.) This was sort of a put down IMO and it appeared to me to also annoy Grace.  She shortly after appeared as one of the regular presenters on Court TV during the televised trials.  Then, a few years ago, she got her present nightly show on HLN. 

To my knowledge, all of the other attorneys who briefly became famous as a result of the Simpson trial have faded into the TV woodwork, Marcia Clark, Chris Darden, William Shapiro (Although he appears in a commercial for some kind of legal program he is hawking,) and others, although Greta Van Sustren is an exception.  She also became famous on CNN as a result of the Simpson trial.  That was before she had some facial work (Looks great!) and moved to FOXNews.

All of the above is in the way of saying I don't like Nancy Grace nor do I like her show.  I think she is an egotist and is full of herself, believing her own publicity.  She did have some interesting people and subjects on her show when Caylee first went missing, but after that it truly is the Nancy Grace Hour, with little that is new and a lot that is IMO incorrect.

Jane Velez-Mitchell is a lightweight who seems to focus mostly on herself and her past addiction problems.  I don't particularly care what she wants as she probably told the world in her book, "I want."  She used to have a hand mirror on her desk to admire herself and occasionally used it as a gavel.  HLN seems to have given her a real gavel, so the hand mirror is kept out of sight now, for the most part.  She too, is often misinformed about facts.

When Greta Van Sustren focused on true crime stories IMO she was terrific.  She has gone on to politics now, but I wish she'd get back to the Anthony case.

There really is no longer any program, IMO, except on the local stations in FL, which give accurate news now.  I appreciate those here who post the websites for these local programs.  Thanks.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #724 on: March 05, 2010, 12:46:30 PM »

This is O/T -- BUT...it shows just how long it can take to get to trial in Florida

http://www.wesh.com/news/22753498/detail.html

Woman's trial to begin

1 body found in 1988 (her daddy)
1 body found in 2003 (her momma)

her brother helped and he was sentenced in 2007

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: March 05, 2010, 12:52:50 PM »

This is O/T -- BUT...it shows just how long it can take to get to trial in Florida

http://www.wesh.com/news/22753498/detail.html

Woman's trial to begin

1 body found in 1988 (her daddy)
1 body found in 2003 (her momma)

her brother helped and he was sentenced in 2007

(Bolded by Me)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitutionhttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sixth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

<snip>
Text
“    In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district where in the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.[1]    ”
Rights under the Sixth Amendment

Rights under the Sixth Amendment
Speedy trial

See also: Speedy trial

Defendants in criminal cases have the right to a speedy trial. The U.S. Supreme Court laid down a four-part ad hoc balancing test for determining whether the defendant's speedy trial right has been violated in the case of Barker v. Wingo:

1. Length of Delay: A delay of a year or more from the date on which the speedy trial right "attaches" (the date of arrest or indictment, whichever first occurs) was termed "presumptively prejudicial", but the Court has never explicitly ruled that any absolute time limit applies.
   2. Reason for the delay: The prosecution may not excessively delay the trial for its own advantage, but a trial may be delayed to secure the presence of an absent witness or other practical considerations.
   3. Time and manner in which the defendant has asserted his right: If a defendant agrees to the delay when it works to his own benefit, he cannot later claim that he has been unduly delayed.
   4. Degree of prejudice to the defendant which the delay has caused.

In Strunk v. United States, 412 U.S. 434 (1973), the Supreme Court ruled that if the reviewing court finds that a defendant's right to a speedy trial was violated, then the indictment must be dismissed and/or the conviction overturned. The Court has held that, since the delayed trial itself is the state action which violates the defendant's rights, no other remedy would be appropriate. Thus, a reversal or dismissal of a criminal case on speedy trial grounds means that no further prosecution for the alleged offense can take place.
<snip>

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: March 05, 2010, 01:31:53 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22753702/detail.html
New Evidence Soon To Be Released In Casey Case
Posted: 12:23 pm EST March 5,2010Updated: 12:44 pm EST March 5,2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Some of the prosecution’s evidence in the case against Casey Anthony will soon be released.

New discovery evidence will be released Wednesday morning. WFTV was told that it will include ten discs worth of DNA charts from the case.

More than 12,000 pages of evidence have already been released in the case.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: March 05, 2010, 02:04:51 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22753702/detail.html
New Evidence Soon To Be Released In Casey Case
Posted: 12:23 pm EST March 5,2010Updated: 12:44 pm EST March 5,2010
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Some of the prosecution’s evidence in the case against Casey Anthony will soon be released.

New discovery evidence will be released Wednesday morning. WFTV was told that it will include ten discs worth of DNA charts from the case.

More than 12,000 pages of evidence have already been released in the case.
Thanks Trimm 
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #728 on: March 05, 2010, 02:07:15 PM »

Wow. I wonder why the docs wont be released until next Wed.
I don't understand that at all, but I guess it's better than nothing.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: March 05, 2010, 03:15:44 PM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/03/casey-anthony-more-documents-coming-wednesday.html

Casey Anthony: More documents coming Wednesday
Caylee and Casey Anthony, WFTV — posted by halboedeker on March, 5 2010 1:48 PM
Discuss This: Comments(3) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

The state on Wednesday will release more of its evidence against Casey Anthony, WFTV-Channel 9 reports.

“We’re told it will include 10 discs’ worth of DNA charts from the case,” anchor Vanessa Echols said at noon today.  “More than 12,000 pages of evidence have already been released in this case.”

Casey Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: March 05, 2010, 03:54:28 PM »

Welcome aboard Curly! love your avvi...

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: March 05, 2010, 06:53:19 PM »

Jane Velez Mitchell was on last night ( not at my house, I don't watch her) but one thing she said really made sense-  she was irate that Sex offenders seem to just get lost and no one monitors them for LIFE, which she thinks is what should happen...  one of her experts was stating that the monitoring of their whereabouts is the problem -   she said 'If I can buy something and have it shipped UPS, and I can look online and find out EXACTLY where my package is, until it arrives at my door, so why can't we do that with perverts?'   I have to say because I don't care for JVM but  I really agree with that.
AMEN!!!!!!!!!
I say put a chip in their ass so we always know where they are..

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
ckrdpast
Scared Monkey

« Reply #732 on: March 05, 2010, 06:58:52 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22757022/detail.html

Motion Asks State To Pay Anthony's Defense Costs
Anthony Charged With Murder In Daughter Caylee's Death

POSTED: Friday, March 5, 2010
UPDATED: 6:27 pm EST March 5, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony have filed a motion requesting that the court declare her indigent and have the taxpayers shoulder some of the cost of her defense.

Jose Baez filed the paperwork at 5 p.m. Friday. He is asking Judge Stan Strickland to declare Anthony indigent for costs, meaning she does not have the money to fund her defense.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony has already paid Baez and death penalty expert Andrea Lyon $111,954, but Baez said that is not enough to give Anthony the defense she needs, and taxpayers should make up the difference. Nearly $90,000 of the amount was used for Baez's fees, the remainder covered Lyon's costs. She is working on the case for free.

Baez said Anthony, 23, was willing to pay for her defense until the state put the death penalty back on the table, making her unable to cover the expense.

The motion asks the state to cover the cost of depositions, transcripts, investigators, legal research, expert witness fees, medical or mental examinations, travel expenses and other costs the defense has or will incur.

Legal experts said defending a complex death penalty murder case like Anthony's can easily run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially when potential witnesses and experts are dispersed around the country.

Baez estimated the total cost of defending Anthony will amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If Strickland signs the order, Florida taxpayers will pick up the bill for the defense costs, but not the defense fees.

The state has more than $14 million set aside this year to pay for indigent criminal defense.

The question of how Anthony will be able to pay for her defense has prompted a great deal of speculation about possible movie deals and book rights. It is not known how she paid the more than $100,000 that has already been paid to the defense.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail on no bond.

Caylee was 2-years-old when she was reported missing in July 2008. Her remains were discovered in a wooded area off Suburban Drive, near Anthony's parent's east Orange County home, in December 2008.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: March 05, 2010, 07:27:15 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Strangers Still Send Anthony Money For Snacks
03/05/10

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: March 05, 2010, 07:29:02 PM »

Thanks ckrdpast!   

~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: March 05, 2010, 07:44:29 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22757022/detail.html

Motion Asks State To Pay Anthony's Defense Costs
Anthony Charged With Murder In Daughter Caylee's Death

POSTED: Friday, March 5, 2010
UPDATED: 6:27 pm EST March 5, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony have filed a motion requesting that the court declare her indigent and have the taxpayers shoulder some of the cost of her defense.

Jose Baez filed the paperwork at 5 p.m. Friday. He is asking Judge Stan Strickland to declare Anthony indigent for costs, meaning she does not have the money to fund her defense.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony has already paid Baez and death penalty expert Andrea Lyon $111,954, but Baez said that is not enough to give Anthony the defense she needs, and taxpayers should make up the difference. Nearly $90,000 of the amount was used for Baez's fees, the remainder covered Lyon's costs. She is working on the case for free.

Baez said Anthony, 23, was willing to pay for her defense until the state put the death penalty back on the table, making her unable to cover the expense.

The motion asks the state to cover the cost of depositions, transcripts, investigators, legal research, expert witness fees, medical or mental examinations, travel expenses and other costs the defense has or will incur.

Legal experts said defending a complex death penalty murder case like Anthony's can easily run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially when potential witnesses and experts are dispersed around the country.

Baez estimated the total cost of defending Anthony will amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If Strickland signs the order, Florida taxpayers will pick up the bill for the defense costs, but not the defense fees.

The state has more than $14 million set aside this year to pay for indigent criminal defense.

The question of how Anthony will be able to pay for her defense has prompted a great deal of speculation about possible movie deals and book rights. It is not known how she paid the more than $100,000 that has already been paid to the defense.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail on no bond.

Caylee was 2-years-old when she was reported missing in July 2008. Her remains were discovered in a wooded area off Suburban Drive, near Anthony's parent's east Orange County home, in December 2008.

Thanks for posting this.

This does not surprise me in the least.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: March 05, 2010, 07:50:42 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Strangers Still Send Anthony Money For Snacks
03/05/10

Captured this from that site:

Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #737 on: March 05, 2010, 07:56:08 PM »

So what all do you think the judge should do, now that the princess is a pauper?     
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: March 05, 2010, 07:56:57 PM »

Thanks ckrdpast    Big surprise 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: March 05, 2010, 07:57:31 PM »

So what all do you think the judge should do, now that the princess is a pauper?     
Maybe have someone look into how she paid $111,954 ? 

heh

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.