April 23, 2024, 08:20:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #156 2/23/10 - 3/14/10  (Read 392401 times)
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #740 on: March 05, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »

So what all do you think the judge should do, now that the princess is a pauper?     
Maybe have someone look into how she paid $111,954 ? 

heh

yep I want to see that too.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #741 on: March 05, 2010, 08:05:53 PM »

So what all do you think the judge should do, now that the princess is a pauper?     
Maybe have someone look into how she paid $111,954 ? 

heh

yep I want to see that too.
scoochy over, me too! 

for Caylee!!!!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #742 on: March 05, 2010, 08:22:00 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22757022/detail.html

Motion Asks State To Pay Anthony's Defense Costs
Anthony Charged With Murder In Daughter Caylee's Death

POSTED: Friday, March 5, 2010
UPDATED: 6:27 pm EST March 5, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony have filed a motion requesting that the court declare her indigent and have the taxpayers shoulder some of the cost of her defense.

Jose Baez filed the paperwork at 5 p.m. Friday. He is asking Judge Stan Strickland to declare Anthony indigent for costs, meaning she does not have the money to fund her defense.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony has already paid Baez and death penalty expert Andrea Lyon $111,954, but Baez said that is not enough to give Anthony the defense she needs, and taxpayers should make up the difference. Nearly $90,000 of the amount was used for Baez's fees, the remainder covered Lyon's costs. She is working on the case for free.

Baez said Anthony, 23, was willing to pay for her defense until the state put the death penalty back on the table, making her unable to cover the expense.

The motion asks the state to cover the cost of depositions, transcripts, investigators, legal research, expert witness fees, medical or mental examinations, travel expenses and other costs the defense has or will incur.

Legal experts said defending a complex death penalty murder case like Anthony's can easily run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially when potential witnesses and experts are dispersed around the country.

Baez estimated the total cost of defending Anthony will amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If Strickland signs the order, Florida taxpayers will pick up the bill for the defense costs, but not the defense fees.

The state has more than $14 million set aside this year to pay for indigent criminal defense.

The question of how Anthony will be able to pay for her defense has prompted a great deal of speculation about possible movie deals and book rights. It is not known how she paid the more than $100,000 that has already been paid to the defense.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail on no bond.

Caylee was 2-years-old when she was reported missing in July 2008. Her remains were discovered in a wooded area off Suburban Drive, near Anthony's parent's east Orange County home, in December 2008.

Florida resident.........BEND OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  So 90K had already gone to JB's pockets.....................guess the media is no longer wiling to pay her DUHfense by the so called licensing fees!  I knew something was up!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #743 on: March 05, 2010, 08:28:47 PM »

I know  I read someplace that the DUFense would have to reveal where the money they have been paid, came from and how it was spent....pleae tell me someone else rea that too!! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #744 on: March 05, 2010, 08:30:31 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Strangers Still Send Anthony Money For Snacks
03/05/10

[/quote

thanks trim.............the commissary list is very tiny....and when
I zoom in it gets very blurry....I will try tomorrow I guess

Rest in Peace Caylee

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #745 on: March 05, 2010, 08:32:16 PM »

I know  I read someplace that the DUFense would have to reveal where the money they have been paid, came from and how it was spent....pleae tell me someone else rea that too!! 

yep...I read the very same thing...!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #746 on: March 05, 2010, 09:03:00 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/caseyanthony/22758900/detail.html
Casey Anthony Asks For Help With Defense Costs
Attorneys Filing Motion To Determine Anthony Indigent

POSTED: 8:17 pm EST March 5, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --
Casey Anthony’s attorneys filed a motion on Friday to determine her indigent for costs.

The defense team said it's faced with extensive costs to defend Anthony, ensure she receives a fair trial and prevent the state from taking her life.

The initial cost estimates for defending Anthony have been far exceeded by the additional costs incurred since the state’s decision to pursue the death penalty, the defense team claims.

As a result, the defense said it's seeking state assistance to subsidize the costs of travel, serving subpoenas, hiring experts to interpret evidence and transcripts, deposing in- and out-of-state witnesses and investigating all aspects of the case.

Attorneys said the assistance is critical to enabling the defense to interview the 100-plus individuals on the state’s witness list, investigate thousands of tips and analyze complex forensic evidence.
Anthony was indicted on Oct. 14, 2008, for the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee's skeletal remains were found in a wooded area near her house two months later.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #747 on: March 05, 2010, 09:04:04 PM »

03/05/10

[/quote

Sunny,I had trouble seeing it too. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #748 on: March 05, 2010, 09:10:17 PM »

I know  I read someplace that the DUFense would have to reveal where the money they have been paid, came from and how it was spent....please tell me someone else read that too!! 

yep...I read the very same thing...!
Whew, wiping my brow...thanks cookie. So if JS grants this I wonder if this information will be made public or will JS seal it.  He has kept it a secret so far. SO.......if granted and I have no doubt it will be, the attorneys and 'experts' will all have to agree to whatever the state allows for payment (if I understand it correctly)...and I would think that is considerably less that their usual charges.

Rest in Peace Caylee

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #749 on: March 05, 2010, 09:16:04 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. --
Casey Anthony’s attorneys filed a motion on Friday to determine her indigent for costs.

The defense team said it's faced with extensive costs to defend Anthony, ensure she receives a fair trial and prevent the state from taking her life.

The initial cost estimates for defending Anthony have been far exceeded by the additional costs incurred since the state’s decision to pursue the death penalty, the defense team claims.

As a result, the defense said it's seeking state assistance to subsidize the costs of travel, serving subpoenas, hiring experts to interpret evidence and transcripts, deposing in- and out-of-state witnesses and investigating all aspects of the case.

Attorneys said the assistance is critical to enabling the defense to interview the 100-plus individuals on the state’s witness list, investigate thousands of tips and analyze complex forensic evidence.
Anthony was indicted on Oct. 14, 2008, for the first-degree murder of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee's skeletal remains were found in a wooded area near her house two months later.

She would have been much better off with a Public Defender to begin with. All that money she raised by selling her photos was just  to fund the ambitions of a load of publicity seeking creeps.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #750 on: March 05, 2010, 09:16:46 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. --

ummmmm do you think JS will question BOZO as to WHY none of these critical interviews etc have taken place in the last year and a half when there was monies available to do so????   Honestly if JS doesn't start to come down hard on the DUHfense I am going to be very disillusioned with him.  I already feel like he has been way tooooooooooooooo lenient...now I realize it won't mean a thing to him if I become disillusioned with him.....but I may not be the only person   there might just be a LOT of Floridians who are gonna get pizzed  when they realize their tax dollars are going to be paying for the monster mom's defense!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #751 on: March 05, 2010, 09:17:24 PM »

03/05/10

[/quote

Sunny,I had trouble seeing it too. 

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #752 on: March 05, 2010, 09:19:25 PM »

ORLANDO, Fla. --

She would have been much better off with a Public Defender to begin with. All that money she raised by selling her photos was just  to fund the ambitions of a load of publicity seeking creeps.

Yup!!  And I wonder what she will think when/if she ever hears how much money went into BOZO's tighty whiteys!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #753 on: March 05, 2010, 09:21:54 PM »

OHMYGAWD!  I just thought what reaction the A's are going to have when THEY find out BOZO took 90K............and they didn't get their hands on it!! Monkey Devil!  Eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwww if I was BOZO I would NOT want to be around cindy  for a long, long time!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #754 on: March 05, 2010, 09:22:48 PM »

She has already paid more than $110,000 for her defense. Isn't it sick that the money came from selling photos of the child she murdered?  Poor Caylee.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #755 on: March 05, 2010, 09:29:34 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-costs-20100305,0,5355542.story
Casey Anthony case: Defense wants state to cover costs
 By Susan Jacobson, Orlando Sentinel

9:04 p.m. EST, March 5, 2010
Casey Anthony's defense team wants the state to pay costs associated with her upcoming death-penalty case, saying it's the only way to ensure they'll have the resources to fight to save the young mother's life.

In a statement released this evening, Anthony spokeswoman Liz Brown said the defense team has incurred "extensive costs" defending the 23-year-old mother in the first-degree murder case. She would not specify a dollar figure.

Anthony is charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. The child's remains were found in 2008 in woods near the east Orange County home that Anthony and Caylee shared with Anthony's parents.

The statement says initial cost estimates to defend Anthony have skyrocketed since the state decided to seek the death penalty. If Anthony is to receive a fair trial, the government needs to pay the cost of travel, serving subpoenas, hiring experts, deposing witnesses and investigating "all aspects of the case," her team contends.

"This assistance is critical to enabling the defense to interview the 100+ individuals on the State's witness list, investigate thousands of tips, and analyze complex forensic evidence," the statement reads.

The statement says Anthony's attorneys were filing a motion for the financial assistance Friday. It was not in the court file when the Orlando Sentinel inspected it shortly before 5 p.m..

The Anthony case has drawn interest from the national media and as far away as Australia, where a play about the case, created by Oscar-winning director Steven Soderbergh, opened in December.

Caylee was missing for about six months before meter reader Roy Kronk found her remains in December 2008. The prosecution says Caylee died with duct tape over her nose and mouth. The defense says a nanny disappeared with her.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #756 on: March 05, 2010, 09:31:13 PM »

She has already paid more than $110,000 for her defense. Isn't it sick that the money came from selling photos of the child she murdered?  Poor Caylee.

Yes,it cost Caylee everything.   

These people disgust me.

~ Peter Frampton
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #757 on: March 05, 2010, 09:34:30 PM »

WO~ everytime I remember her skipping into Bozo's office with the over stuffed backpack it makes me want to scream. We can thank her 'handlers' for feeding her insatiable need for self importance. She was riding high, selling Caylee pics, writing her story and God knows what else while she was communing with him hour upon hour. it's  immoral what she and her lackeys have done.  Now, the tax payers will have to be responsible for a defense team that is comfortable screwing everybody in sight. Glad I don't live in Florida.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #758 on: March 05, 2010, 09:43:06 PM »

The 2009 Florida Statutes        (Found this posted at InSession  http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?t=365201&page=10)
Chapter 27
STATE ATTORNEYS; PUBLIC DEFENDERS; RELATED OFFICES
http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0027/ch0027.htm

PART III

PUBLIC DEFENDERS AND OTHER
COURT-APPOINTED COUNSEL (ss. 27.40-27.61)

27.52 Determination of indigent status.--

(1) APPLICATION TO THE CLERK.--A person seeking appointment of a public defender under s. 27.51 based upon an inability to pay must apply to the clerk of the court for a determination of indigent status using an application form developed by the Florida Clerks of Court Operations Corporation with final approval by the Supreme Court.

(a) The application must include, at a minimum, the following financial information:

1. Net income, consisting of total salary and wages, minus deductions required by law, including court-ordered support payments.

2. Other income, including, but not limited to, social security benefits, union funds, veterans' benefits, workers' compensation, other regular support from absent family members, public or private employee pensions, unemployment compensation, dividends, interest, rent, trusts, and gifts.

3. Assets, including, but not limited to, cash, savings accounts, bank accounts, stocks, bonds, certificates of deposit, equity in real estate, and equity in a boat or a motor vehicle or in other tangible property.

4. All liabilities and debts.

5. If applicable, the amount of any bail paid for the applicant's release from incarceration and the source of the funds.

The application must include a signature by the applicant which attests to the truthfulness of the information provided. The application form developed by the corporation must include notice that the applicant may seek court review of a clerk's determination that the applicant is not indigent, as provided in this section.
<snip>

(2) DETERMINATION BY THE CLERK.--The clerk of the court shall determine whether an applicant seeking appointment of a public defender is indigent based upon the information provided in the application and the criteria prescribed in this subsection.

<snip>

(5) INDIGENT FOR COSTS.--A person who is eligible to be represented by a public defender under s. 27.51 but who is represented by private counsel not appointed by the court for a reasonable fee as approved by the court, on a pro bono basis, or who is proceeding pro se, may move the court for a determination that he or she is indigent for costs and eligible for the provision of due process services, as prescribed by ss. 29.006 and 29.007, funded by the state.

(a) The person must submit to the court:

1. The completed application prescribed in subsection (1).

2. In the case of a person represented by counsel, an affidavit attesting to the estimated amount of attorney's fees and the source of payment for these fees.

(b) In reviewing the motion, the court shall consider:

1. Whether the applicant applied for a determination of indigent status under subsection (1) and the outcome of such application.

2. The extent to which the person's income equals or exceeds the income criteria prescribed in subsection (2).

3. The additional factors prescribed in subsection (4).

4. Whether the applicant is proceeding pro se.

5. When the applicant retained private counsel.

6. The amount of any attorney's fees and who is paying the fees.
<snip>

(6) DUTIES OF PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN.--A nonindigent parent or legal guardian of an applicant who is a minor or an adult tax-dependent person shall furnish the minor or adult tax-dependent person with the necessary legal services and costs incident to a delinquency proceeding or, upon transfer of such person for criminal prosecution as an adult pursuant to chapter 985, a criminal prosecution in which the person has a right to legal counsel under the Constitution of the United States or the Constitution of the State of Florida. The failure of a parent or legal guardian to furnish legal services and costs under this section does not bar the appointment of legal counsel pursuant to this section, s. 27.40, or s. 27.5303. When the public defender, the office of criminal conflict and civil regional counsel, a private court-appointed conflict counsel, or a private attorney is appointed to represent a minor or an adult tax-dependent person in any proceeding in circuit court or in a criminal proceeding in any other court, the parents or the legal guardian shall be liable for payment of the fees, charges, and costs of the representation even if the person is a minor being tried as an adult. Liability for the fees, charges, and costs of the representation shall be imposed in the form of a lien against the property of the nonindigent parents or legal guardian of the minor or adult tax-dependent person. The lien is enforceable as provided in s. 27.561 or s. 938.29.

(7) FINANCIAL DISCREPANCIES; FRAUD; FALSE INFORMATION.--

(a) If the court learns of discrepancies between the application or motion and the actual financial status of the person found to be indigent or indigent for costs, the court shall determine whether the public defender, office of criminal conflict and civil regional counsel, or private attorney shall continue representation or whether the authorization for any other due process services previously authorized shall be revoked. The person may be heard regarding the information learned by the court. If the court, based on the information, determines that the person is not indigent or indigent for costs, the court shall order the public defender, office of criminal conflict and civil regional counsel, or private attorney to discontinue representation and revoke the provision of any other authorized due process services.

(b) If the court has reason to believe that any applicant, through fraud or misrepresentation, was improperly determined to be indigent or indigent for costs, the matter shall be referred to the state attorney. Twenty-five percent of any amount recovered by the state attorney as reasonable value of the services rendered, including fees, charges, and costs paid by the state on the person's behalf, shall be remitted to the Department of Revenue for deposit into the Grants and Donations Trust Fund within the Justice Administrative Commission. Seventy-five percent of any amount recovered shall be remitted to the Department of Revenue for deposit into the General Revenue Fund
(c) A person who knowingly provides false information to the clerk or the court in seeking a determination of indigent status under this section commits a misdemeanor of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.

History.--s. 3, ch. 63-409; s. 1, ch. 70-57; s. 4, ch. 73-334; s. 1, ch. 77-99; s. 1, ch. 77-378; s. 8, ch. 79-164; s. 3, ch. 80-376; s. 1, ch. 81-273; s. 139, ch. 95-147; s. 1, ch. 96-232; s. 4, ch. 97-107; s. 28, ch. 97-271; s. 6, ch. 98-280; s. 3, ch. 2001-122; s. 16, ch. 2003-402; s. 9, ch. 2004-265; s. 3, ch. 2005-236; s. 6, ch. 2007-62; s. 4, ch. 2008-111.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #759 on: March 05, 2010, 09:44:17 PM »

WO~ everytime I remember her skipping into Bozo's office with the over stuffed backpack it makes me want to scream. We can thank her 'handlers' for feeding her insatiable need for self importance. She was riding high, selling Caylee pics, writing her story and God knows what else while she was communing with him hour upon hour. it's  immoral what she and her lackeys have done.  Now, the tax payers will have to be responsible for a defense team that is comfortable screwing everybody in sight. Glad I don't live in Florida.

I bet the tax payers are pizzed.

~ Peter Frampton
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.