April 19, 2024, 09:22:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #156 2/23/10 - 3/14/10  (Read 392059 times)
mizjay
Monkey Junky

« Reply #760 on: March 05, 2010, 10:12:10 PM »

She has already paid more than $110,000 for her defense. Isn't it sick that the money came from selling photos of the child she murdered?  Poor Caylee.

WO~ everytime I remember her skipping into Bozo's office with the over stuffed backpack it makes me want to scream. We can thank her 'handlers' for feeding her insatiable need for self importance. She was riding high, selling Caylee pics, writing her story and God knows what else while she was communing with him hour upon hour. it's  immoral what she and her lackeys have done.  Now, the tax payers will have to be responsible for a defense team that is comfortable screwing everybody in sight. Glad I don't live in Florida.

I bet the tax payers are pizzed.
I sure would be. It would be somewhat tolerable if any of her money grubbing attys ever acted like they were the least bit motivated to defend her like real attys instaed of pimping themselves out for all this time, they've done nothing except send ppl. on wild goose chases, pretend like they were going to mount a defense on her fraud charges, whine and cry about stupid things and infuriate the public at every step of the way. They might have well just flipped the entire state of Fl. the bird and threw in a nah-nah too. And then, even IF cindy and george have no legal obligation to pay for the defense, it's mighty convenient that they have become indigent themselves. The whole unholy mess of them are nasty, rotten to the core.
mymonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #761 on: March 05, 2010, 10:35:51 PM »

http://www.cayleedaily.com/
Strangers Still Send Anthony Money For Snacks
03/05/10

Captured this from that site:

Oh..she is not very spend thrifty...

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #762 on: March 05, 2010, 11:21:50 PM »

What in the world has Baez done to earn that money?  I can't see that he has been at all effective in deflecting guilt away from Casey.  All of his harebrained schemes to blame someone else have blown up in his face.  IMO a decent attorney would have tried to strike a deal with the SA to at least avoid the DP, and possibly at one time they were amenable to a prison term less than life WOP.  But not now, I think.  I hope the judge will want to see the source of the $111,000 as well as where every cent went and that would include how many hours Baez has charged to run through that kind of dough. 

I don't know the answer to this question, maybe someone else does.  Would it be possible for the judge to appoint a public defender at this late date?  I would love to see this case taken away from Baez.  As far as I know, when a public defender is appointed, the accused has no say in who it will be.  Why should Casey have the attorney of her choice on the public dole?

There is no end to the finagling of the Anthonys.  Like mother, like daughter.  I don't think the Anthonys would be responsible to pay for Casey's defense since she is not a minor nor was she tax dependent since she claimed to have a job.  But just in case, it would be a good move for George and Cindy to no longer own a house.  Well, good in their minds.  I think it would be dishonest, but then I'm not an Anthony, nor do I think like an Anthony.

IMO not one of them is worth two cents of the taxpayers' money.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
NCMike
Scared Monkey

« Reply #763 on: March 05, 2010, 11:57:56 PM »

What in the world has Baez done to earn that money?  I can't see that he has been at all effective in deflecting guilt away from Casey.  All of his harebrained schemes to blame someone else have blown up in his face.  IMO a decent attorney would have tried to strike a deal with the SA to at least avoid the DP, and possibly at one time they were amenable to a prison term less than life WOP.  But not now, I think.  I hope the judge will want to see the source of the $111,000 as well as where every cent went and that would include how many hours Baez has charged to run through that kind of dough. 

I don't know the answer to this question, maybe someone else does.  Would it be possible for the judge to appoint a public defender at this late date?  I would love to see this case taken away from Baez.  As far as I know, when a public defender is appointed, the accused has no say in who it will be.  Why should Casey have the attorney of her choice on the public dole?

There is no end to the finagling of the Anthonys.  Like mother, like daughter.  I don't think the Anthonys would be responsible to pay for Casey's defense since she is not a minor nor was she tax dependent since she claimed to have a job.  But just in case, it would be a good move for George and Cindy to no longer own a house.  Well, good in their minds.  I think it would be dishonest, but then I'm not an Anthony, nor do I think like an Anthony.

IMO not one of them is worth two cents of the taxpayers' money.

AMEN! 

This filing for indigent status fully explains why the A's have let the house go into foreclosure.  I don't think we have ever seen any tax returns for the A's, I still think Casey may have said she had a job but George and Cindy claimed both.  These people passed disgusting a long time ago.

God Bless Caylee
-she never had a chance
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #764 on: March 06, 2010, 06:59:15 AM »

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/3/5/caseys_defense_seeks_state_subsidy.html
 Should Taxpayers Pay For Casey Anthony’s Defense?
Saturday, March 06, 2010 6:54:02 AM
ORLANDO -- Casey Anthony’s lawyers said it is time for Florida taxpayers to help pay for her defense.

A representative for Anthony’s defense team said they have filed a motion asking the government to pay for the cost of their travel, along with money for serving subpoenas, hiring experts and deposing witnesses.

In the motion, the defense asked the court to declare Casey indigent, meaning she does not have the money to pay them.

Casey faces a possible death sentence for allegedly murdering her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

Because the trial will now be a death penalty case, lawyers said their costs have skyrocketed, and the money will help ensure their client gets a fair trial.

The defense said the assistance is needed to subsidize their costs, especially since they said they have to interview more than 100 people on the prosecution’s witness list, investigate thousands of tips and analyize complex forensic evidence.
It was not immediately known how money Casey’s lawyers wanted. The defense has been tight-lipped throughout the case regarding how they were being paid in the first place, and who was fitting the bill.

Casey’s murder trial has been tentatively set to begin in May 2011 at the earliest.

News 13 Viewer Poll
What do you think? Should taxpayer money be used to help pay for Casey Anthony’s defense?
Vote: http://www.cfnews13.com/iPoll/Default.aspx

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #765 on: March 06, 2010, 07:07:56 AM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/22757843/detail.html
Defense Wants Help Paying For Casey's Defense
Posted: 6:30 pm EST March 5,2010Updated: 10:53 pm EST March 5,2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony’s defense team asked a judge Friday to declare her indigent, for some of the costs of her case.

Orange County taxpayers would pay for part of the trial, if a judge accepts the motion.

“The defense team is faced with extensive costs to defend Miss Anthony, ensure she receives a fair trial, and prevent the State from taking her life. The initial cost estimates for defending Miss Anthony have been far exceeded by the additional costs incurred since the State’s decision to pursue the death penalty. As a result, the defense is seeking state assistance to subsidize the costs of travel, serving subpoenas, hiring experts to interpret evidence and transcripts, deposing in- and out-of-state witnesses and investigating all aspects of the case,” the defense team’s media spokesperson wrote in a release issued early Friday evening.

Eyewitness News found out the fees for Anthony's attorneys would not be included in what taxpayers have to pay.

Since taxpayer dollars could be involved, the judge could question Anthony's attorneys about any possible book or movie deals that may be planned.

If Anthony does have money coming in from any such deals, she would be obligated to reimburse the county.
Anthony has been in jail since October 2008 and faces the death penalty for allegedly murdering her daughter Caylee.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #766 on: March 06, 2010, 07:20:02 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-trial-costs-20100305,0,5355542.story
Casey Anthony case: Defense wants state to cover costs
 By Susan Jacobson, Orlando Sentinel

9:04 p.m. EST, March 5, 2010
Casey Anthony's defense team wants the state to pay costs associated with her upcoming death-penalty case, saying it's the only way to ensure they'll have the resources to fight to save the young mother's life.

In a statement released this evening, Anthony spokeswoman Liz Brown said the defense team has incurred "extensive costs" defending the 23-year-old mother in the first-degree murder case. She would not specify a dollar figure.

Anthony is charged with killing her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee. The child's remains were found in 2008 in woods near the east Orange County home that Anthony and Caylee shared with Anthony's parents.

The statement says initial cost estimates to defend Anthony have skyrocketed since the state decided to seek the death penalty. If Anthony is to receive a fair trial, the government needs to pay the cost of travel, serving subpoenas, hiring experts, deposing witnesses and investigating "all aspects of the case," her team contends.

"This assistance is critical to enabling the defense to interview the 100+ individuals on the State's witness list, investigate thousands of tips, and analyze complex forensic evidence," the statement reads.

The statement says Anthony's attorneys were filing a motion for the financial assistance Friday. It was not in the court file when the Orlando Sentinel inspected it shortly before 5 p.m..

The Anthony case has drawn interest from the national media and as far away as Australia, where a play about the case, created by Oscar-winning director Steven Soderbergh, opened in December.

Caylee was missing for about six months before meter reader Roy Kronk found her remains in December 2008. The prosecution says Caylee died with duct tape over her nose and mouth. The defense says a nanny disappeared with her.
Since the SheBear is only charging for costs (wow, $20 grand, that's a LOT of copies!) what Bobo is basically saying here is this:
"Since the DP is back on the table, I'll have to work even harder to provide a sufficient defense. Without the DP, I wouldn't have to call all these other witness and do all this extra work..or, in other words, I'd put on a less-than sufficient defense if you weren't threating the DP".

Hmmmm...somehow, that just doesn't seem right. And Bobo has earned 90 grand for ...uh.... how many court appearances and how many motions? He probably charges for each motion, for EACH TIME HE HAS TO WRITE IT in order to get it right for the court. What a maroon!

I hope Stan says "Sorry, no indegent for you!"

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #767 on: March 06, 2010, 08:47:47 AM »

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/03/casey-anthony-judge-will-declare-casey-anthony-indigent-for-costs-wftv-analyst-predicts.html
Casey Anthony: Judge will declare Casey Anthony indigent for costs, WFTV analyst predicts
Caylee and Casey Anthony, Jose Baez, WESH, WKMG — posted by halboedeker on March, 6 2010 7:01 AM
Discuss This: Comments(13) | Add to del.icio.us | Digg it

What happens to a defense team’s motion asking the state to pick up costs for Casey Anthony’s case?

“This judge will not deny this motion,” WFTV-Channel 9 analyst Bill Sheaffer predicted.

The notion that taxpayers would have to help pay for Anthony’s defense might outrage some readers. But Sheaffer predicted the change would speed up the case because the state would have more control. Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

WFTV anchor Liz Artz this morning said the station had learned Anthony is keeping her legal team instead of getting a state-appointed attorney. But Artz offered no  details.

The defense motion led the 6 p.m. news Friday on WKMG-Channel 6.

WKMG anchor Louis Bolden introduced the story this morning as “a Tony Pipitone investigation you will see only on Local 6.” It was another first-rate report from the top-flight Pipitone.

Pipitone noted that Anthony was “flat broke” when she was arrested in 2008. “That soon changed as television networks vied to pay for the rights to video and photos that helped tell the story of her then-missing daughter Caylee,” Pipitone said.

Anthony says she is broke again in an affidavit she signed Tuesday, Pipitone said.

Yet Pipitone outlined that Anthony paid $22,500 to defense attorney Andrea Lyon for costs and $89,400 to defense attorney Jose Baez.  Lyon is working pro bono. An affidavit did not break down Baez’s money between costs and fees.

Pipitone set up the question for viewers: Where did Anthony get that money?

The defense motion asks the state to cover costs in Anthony’s case for depositions, investigators, legal research, travel expenses and other defense expenses.  Anchor Bolden emphasized that the motion seeks money for  costs, not attorney’s fees.
Why did the defense make this move?

Baez told WKMG in a statement: “Casey was willing and able to pay for her own defense, but when the state changed their mind about the death penalty that obviously exhausted her ability to do so.”

Pipitone put the issue in context for viewers with his clear presentation and attention to detail.

~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #768 on: March 06, 2010, 09:35:06 AM »

Thanks for the updates, if she were given a public defender right from the start, this trial would have been over with. A public defender would have done a much better job then the crap defense she has gotten so far. And if I lived there I would be livid about these new developments.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #769 on: March 06, 2010, 09:47:31 AM »

Thanks for the updates, if she were given a public defender right from the start, this trial would have been over with. A public defender would have done a much better job then the crap defense she has gotten so far. And if I lived there I would be livid about these new developments.

Good Morning Monks. Trim thanks for all the updates. NRCG, you are right about the public defender, however a PD would more than likely NOT have even let it go to trial....would probably have gotten her a plea deal.......LWOP..JMO

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #770 on: March 06, 2010, 10:14:44 AM »

Good Morning Monks. Trim thanks for all the updates. NRCG, you are right about the public defender, however a PD would more than likely NOT have even let it go to trial....would probably have gotten her a plea deal.......LWOP..JMO
I do believe you are right on that. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #771 on: March 06, 2010, 11:19:54 AM »

Only if she would have agreed to admit to wrong doing or 'something bad happened' or a full blown confession that she killed her. We all know that would not have happened and it still will never happen. She is in this for the long haul. She will never admit she is responsible for anything.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Monkey with Class
Scared Monkey

« Reply #772 on: March 06, 2010, 01:18:47 PM »

I am giving the Anthony's till the end of 2010 and they will be residing in another state other than Florida.  Those tax payers down there are not going to tolerate their games much longer.

Also,  with this motion.....I am betting the State of Florida will give her Life without Parole and Baez will convince his client to accept it.  At the rate we are going this new motion would push the trial back to at least 2012 at the earliest.

I think this is Baez way of his longterm action to get the DP off the table.  In his mind,  he will be victorious by this result.  He knows damn well she will not walk with any story his client makes up.

The state has a lot of money invested in this conviction however...  I think they need to continue to push for the DP to set an example to these child murderers. 

In 20 years we could end all this criminal activity if the Government would step in and create a High Secure area where they can store DNA.  From this day forward...  Each baby born, go ahead and file their DNA in vault.   My view is....  Within 20 years.  Crime will dwindle to zero.  DNA is left just by walking thru a room.   Robbers, murderers, and any other criminal activity will drop.  And if they want to not wait 20 years...  For the adults,  whenever you get your license renewed, they take your DNA and vault it.   DNA testing will improve speed wise and this will and should be the way of the future.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Monkey with Class
Scared Monkey

« Reply #773 on: March 06, 2010, 01:30:43 PM »

Oh...  I forgot to add this also.....

The school system needs to allot 20 hours of teaching about morals and the conscience of the decisions one makes!!!!!!
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #774 on: March 06, 2010, 01:54:07 PM »

This has been in the works for a long time. We all knew this was coming.
While on the one hand it is an outrage the the taxpayers have to pick up the tab, I'm okay with it as long as Bozo et. al are not replaced by a public defender. She has the "dream team" she deserves and wouldn't want them replaced by better attorneys.
I believe they will have to now be accountable for every penny they spend.
Lyons better get in gear and try to plead her out.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #775 on: March 06, 2010, 02:08:09 PM »

This has been in the works for a long time. We all knew this was coming.
While on the one hand it is an outrage the the taxpayers have to pick up the tab, I'm okay with it as long as Bozo et. al are not replaced by a public defender. She has the "dream team" she deserves and wouldn't want them replaced by better attorneys.
I believe they will have to now be accountable for every penny they spend.
Lyons better get in gear and try to plead her out.
Maybe lyons will take note that most of that money was in baez's pocket ?

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #776 on: March 06, 2010, 02:26:21 PM »

Good  morning monkeys!!!
I am with the idea that the Anthonys are not as destitute as they would like us tho think.(yall know that) I  see that they have been putting money the baby killer's books so that she could have her snacks!  even put money for valentines day! how bout caylee!! the sweet little valentine!~that brings my blood to a slow boil! The A's are sneaky and evil, conniving ! they moved from their suburban drive home to elsewhere ! right under our noses.
I do not trust them they are as crooked the attorney for the baby killer. These people have used the system! lied and connived all this time. Sad that caylee had to live in this inviroment for her short life span. I am confident that everyone dirty handed one will pay in the end. Caylee deserves justice. May the A's reap every bad deed they have sowed. I mean this case has given us all loss of  high blood pressure and loads of insomnia!!
they need to be held accountable for their actions. I  hope that we can find out where that money went and how it was made.

trim
your wonderful with updates I truly enjoy coming here and reading all these posts lots of nice peeps hee all of you are awesome
monkey hugs.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #777 on: March 06, 2010, 02:28:41 PM »

Good  morning monkeys!!!
I am with the idea that the Anthonys are not as destitute as they would like us tho think.(yall know that) I  see that they have been putting money the baby killer's books so that she could have her snacks!  even put money for valentines day! how bout caylee!! the sweet little valentine!~that brings my blood to a slow boil! The A's are sneaky and evil, conniving ! they moved from their suburban drive home to elsewhere ! right under our noses.
I do not trust them they are as crooked the attorney for the baby killer. These people have used the system! lied and connived all this time. Sad that caylee had to live in this inviroment for her short life span. I am confident that everyone dirty handed one will pay in the end. Caylee deserves justice. May the A's reap every bad deed they have sowed. I mean this case has given us all loss of  high blood pressure and loads of insomnia!!
they need to be held accountable for their actions. I  hope that we can find out where that money went and how it was made.

trim
your wonderful with updates I truly enjoy coming here and reading all these posts lots of nice peeps hee all of you are awesome
monkey hugs.
I am sure that alot of money was spent for baez and team to fly to new york and make tv appearances.

Loca
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #778 on: March 06, 2010, 05:01:28 PM »

Good  morning monkeys!!!

trim
monkey hugs.
I am sure that alot of money was spent for baez and team to fly to new york and make tv appearanoes.

Hi loca$ I,too,  would `ike to know the,things you menteoned plus I wonher if Geraldo paid Baez to appemr on his show. ,A couple of weegs ago Baez was gn Geraldo and ha was commenting$on the Haleigh Kummings case.  M'm not sure, bup it seemed to ma he had joined BOX's stable of legal analysts.  I can't think oj any other reason for him to coement on a case cther than Casey Anthony's.  And if that's the case, he's paid like their other legal analysts.  He looked like a smug chipmonk to me.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #779 on: March 06, 2010, 05:03:05 PM »

I don't know what happened to me.  Suddenly I can't spell and what was the dollar sign by loca's name?  The Anthonys might have finally driven me nuts.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.