April 25, 2024, 08:03:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #156 2/23/10 - 3/14/10  (Read 392673 times)
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #780 on: March 06, 2010, 06:21:58 PM »

IMO, KC picked this team and they agreed to work for her.  They all entered into a contractual arrangement and the State of Florida has nothing to do with it.   It was incumbent upon her attorneys to secure her ability to pay.   

IMO, the criminal justice system in our country needs a complete overhaul!
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #781 on: March 06, 2010, 06:27:45 PM »

IMO, KC picked this team and they agreed to work for her.  They all entered into a contractual arrangement and the State of Florida has nothing to do with it.   It was incumbent upon her attorneys to secure her ability to pay.   

IMO, the criminal justice system in our country needs a complete overhaul!

Well stated, numbersgirl! ITA.

...is it Wednesday yet?

loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #782 on: March 06, 2010, 07:23:18 PM »

I too would like to know what those $ signs mean under my name . Could it be all those dollars he misappropiated and spent flying to and fro to become a big shot see me im on tv lawyer.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #783 on: March 06, 2010, 07:28:10 PM »

someone mentioned the anthonys could possibly be moving out of state! well I am sure florida wouldnt mind that. The most beautiful sight to a floridian is to see  the anthonys leaving florida  thru their rear view mirror  !!

Maybe they will relocate to wherever the killer gets sent too.

Loca
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #784 on: March 06, 2010, 07:54:17 PM »

Seriously?
What state would have them, lol?
They won't be going anywhere until after the trial.
I thought Conway was hooking them up with a new BOA mortgage deal.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #785 on: March 06, 2010, 09:33:17 PM »

Seriously?
What state would have them, lol?
They won't be going anywhere until after the trial.
I thought Conway was hooking them up with a new BOA mortgage deal.

curly there's got to be a place that hey can go too ! hey I have an idea let's send them to a deserted island with no point of return like gilligan's island. hey a person can dream cant they:)

Loca
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #786 on: March 07, 2010, 12:20:19 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22757022/detail.html

Motion Asks State To Pay Anthony's Defense Costs
Anthony Charged With Murder In Daughter Caylee's Death

POSTED: Friday, March 5, 2010
UPDATED: 6:27 pm EST March 5, 2010

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony have filed a motion requesting that the court declare her indigent and have the taxpayers shoulder some of the cost of her defense.

Jose Baez filed the paperwork at 5 p.m. Friday. He is asking Judge Stan Strickland to declare Anthony indigent for costs, meaning she does not have the money to fund her defense.

Anthony is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

Anthony has already paid Baez and death penalty expert Andrea Lyon $111,954, but Baez said that is not enough to give Anthony the defense she needs, and taxpayers should make up the difference. Nearly $90,000 of the amount was used for Baez's fees, the remainder covered Lyon's costs. She is working on the case for free.

Baez said Anthony, 23, was willing to pay for her defense until the state put the death penalty back on the table, making her unable to cover the expense.

The motion asks the state to cover the cost of depositions, transcripts, investigators, legal research, expert witness fees, medical or mental examinations, travel expenses and other costs the defense has or will incur.

Legal experts said defending a complex death penalty murder case like Anthony's can easily run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially when potential witnesses and experts are dispersed around the country.

Baez estimated the total cost of defending Anthony will amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If Strickland signs the order, Florida taxpayers will pick up the bill for the defense costs, but not the defense fees.

The state has more than $14 million set aside this year to pay for indigent criminal defense.

The question of how Anthony will be able to pay for her defense has prompted a great deal of speculation about possible movie deals and book rights. It is not known how she paid the more than $100,000 that has already been paid to the defense.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail on no bond.

Caylee was 2-years-old when she was reported missing in July 2008. Her remains were discovered in a wooded area off Suburban Drive, near Anthony's parent's east Orange County home, in December 2008.

O now its going to get very interesting.   How many times was it discussed with the court how Bozo was being paid & if he made any deals - Casey cannot broker deals for herself from jail, just saying.  How far back does it go that Casey paid Bozo's farce of a firm $110,000 and change, in what increments & how?    Remember her affidavit?

O H to the no, to all state taxpayers you better be fuming & have your say if remotely it is granted but Im not sure I totally agree with Bill Schaeffer on this one.   To me, I would have the reasonable conclusion that if it was allowed under whatever Florida State law provision that she made media deals prior to conviction then she & her attorneys should have brokered enough to cover the costs - but something tells me this is a double-edged sword for her & her defense as they will inevitably have to answer quite a few questions & God help them if they lie again.  Very interesting of note, her defense is asking for costs not attorney fees but something tells me that is a half truth as I see smoke and mirrors.  Bozo & crew cannot claim that they didnt know Casey didnt have a pot to whizz in.  Please, this defense team knew her crime was DP qualified, snit it was on the table before it was taken off & all they were waiting for was to find Caylee's remains/further evidence.   Also, if she is declared indigent I would think it would be discussed that she would have to consider taking on a court appointed attorney if Bozo & crew refuse to finish the case pro bono.    Why the heck should the State (taxpayers) pay for a law firm when there are public defenders in place for those that cannot afford counsel.  Is this the way that Bozo & crew to either benefit from more delay and/or attempts to gracefully get out of the case?   What I want to know is now that she is a convicted felon, pretty sure that would fall under not being able to profit off of one's crimes unless the stipulation is specifically on her murder one charge awaiting trial.   Another thing, Lyons came on well after Casey was indicted for murder one, etc. hasnt seen the light of day since (nor will) so whether allowed or not she had to have signed something regarding Lyons payment in jail or under what terms can Bozo distribute funds.   It is rather factual that Casey has not garnered a legitimate paycheck for years before she killed Caylee so its way obvious she and/or her parents possibly attorney has profited from her murder "blood money."   So much for the Anthonys claiming poverty, eh?

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #787 on: March 07, 2010, 02:00:58 AM »

From my understanding, Andrea is the one doing this pro bono and what she is asking for is reimbursement for her expenses (ie. traveling, etc.).
It seems that there is no issue regarding retaining the same attorneys or the media would've been all over this like white on rice.
It does seem morally wrong, but apparently it's legal.
I hope that this prompts Strickland to light a fire under their collective arses, and move this case along in a more timely fashion. It's enough already with the stalling. How long can they delay the inevitable? They should have been working night and day instead of appearing on Geraldo, JVM, etc., wasting time and money.
It'll be interesting to see if they will be now made to account for what they spent that 110K on and where that money came from. Casey obviously didn't have that cash on hand when she hired Bozo. We do all know where the money eventually came from, but she didn't have a cent to give him as a retainer. All their whining about the DP incurring extra expenses is absurd. Lyon's services are free, and the state's witnesses will have to be deposed, DP or not.

And Loca, I hear Siberia is lovely anytime of the year!

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #788 on: March 07, 2010, 05:12:31 AM »

From my understanding, Andrea is the one doing this pro bono and what she is asking for is reimbursement for her expenses (ie. traveling, etc.).
It seems that there is no issue regarding retaining the same attorneys or the media would've been all over this like white on rice.
It does seem morally wrong, but apparently it's legal.
I hope that this prompts Strickland to light a fire under their collective arses, and move this case along in a more timely fashion. It's enough already with the stalling. How long can they delay the inevitable? They should have been working night and day instead of appearing on Geraldo, JVM, etc., wasting time and money.
It'll be interesting to see if they will be now made to account for what they spent that 110K on and where that money came from. Casey obviously didn't have that cash on hand when she hired Bozo. We do all know where the money eventually came from, but she didn't have a cent to give him as a retainer. All their whining about the DP incurring extra expenses is absurd. Lyon's services are free, and the state's witnesses will have to be deposed, DP or not.

And Loca, I hear Siberia is lovely anytime of the year!

Agreed, every witness & expert would still be used, every test would still be conducted in this case whether it was a DP qualified murder trial or not, its a ruse by some arrogant defense attorneys who seem to think the public is naive and/or ignorant.  The only difference between a murder trial without compared to including the DP being sought is anything such as experts  giving testimony during the sentencing phase & the duration of voir dire as it takes much longer to seat a jury considering the DP.   Perfect example:  OJ Simpson murder trial   The State did not seek the death penalty in his case.  The trial was extremely long & exhorbently high  on both sides of the scales of justice, with a forest  of trees worth of testimony, experts, witnesses, daily drama, etc.

Right now, the court heard testimony from the defense previously denying being paid via media, book, movie deals, if they lied & were paid by those means there very well could be an issue with Casey retaining her present attorneys.  Logically, my eyebrow raises upon hearing they are asking for the State to pick up their defense expenses but not their fees - ok well how do they expect to get paid thru the duration of trial?   Lyons can claim she has a lucrative career (albeit twisted) that provides her the means to present clients of her choice pro bono, Baez certainly does not nor ever will.   At best Baez may get a bite or two from idiots willing to pay him to spew his nonsense, certainly shouldn't be claiming himself to be prominent in the field of law, maybe happy horsesnit but certainly not the law.   If Casey received funds for selling pictures or let's say a movie right contract I'm pretty sure if she rendered those funds over to her defense that it would have had to be put in escrow account with a full accounting of its dispersement.  If in fact she & her attorneys lied originally to the judge regarding how they were being paid, by whom, the circumstances & privileges/permission provided her defense team or not  as well as how those funds provided were distributed to date & if the cost claimed is reasonable this very well could backfire in their faces with some rather stern admonishment, maybe worse.   I'm sure we all pray that they all get caught in their despicable games at the expense of a murdered child, shame on them but there is a strong indication that the motion will be granted.  Then again on the up side, if the judge grants their motion to deem Casey indigent but allowed to retain her present defense team, they now have cornered themselves into having to have the State dictate where tests will be done, when, where & how depositions will be conducted that the defense requests, what experts will be used, etc.   Her present team would not be able to have carte  blanche with whom they would like to use, not to mention their stall tactics will be substantially minimized.

I'd be curious if any of the blood money George & Cindy Anthony received went towards that $111,000 and change.   Speaking of those two despicable people, add to the cruise, etc. etc. how they can justify regularly putting cash in Casey's commissary account if they are losing their house?   God bless and rest her little soul, I have to also wonder exactly what funds paid for Cindy's production that she called Caylee's memorial...o sweet child you deserved so much more.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #789 on: March 07, 2010, 06:53:11 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

http://sprocket-trials.blogspot.com/2010/03/poor-casey-anthony.html
Trials and Tribulations
03/05/10
Poor Casey Anthony

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #790 on: March 07, 2010, 07:02:55 AM »

Justice for Caylee   an angelic monkey

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #791 on: March 07, 2010, 07:39:50 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

Trials and Tribulations
03/05/10
Poor Casey Anthony

Good Morning Trim -- I hope you are well this beautiful Sunday morning.  Good morning to all Monkeys.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #792 on: March 07, 2010, 07:52:37 AM »

03/02/2010           Notice of Taking Deposition Upon Oral Examination
03/05/2010           Correspondence
from James McIntyre

http://myclerk.myorangeclerk.com/CaseDetail.aspx?CaseID=6236234

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #793 on: March 07, 2010, 08:03:59 AM »

Example of James McIntyre posts in comments.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/01/casey-anthony-george-tells-wofl-people-can-be-so-cruel-wftv-analyst-blasts-andrea-lyon.html

THE “PUTRID BODY” IN THE TRUNK, WAS IN FACT SPAGHETTI SAUCE AND BEEF (MEATBALLS) GREASE.. THE WRONG BODY WAS IDENTIFIED, IT WAS A BABY GIRL, NOT A THREE YEAR OLD. DIFFERENT BODY, UNRELATED MURDER CASE. THE PATHOLOGIST WHO DID THE WORK (MEASURING THE BONES) REPORTED THIS AND WAS REFUSED MORE TIME TO WORK ON THE BODY, BUT SHE WAS 85% CERTAIN THAT THIS WAS NOT THE BODY OF CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY, IT’S NOT! FORENSIC REPORTS THAT I BOTHERED TO READ, BACK THIS UP! CAYLEE WAS KIDNAPPED.

Reply Posted by: James L. McIntyre | Monday, January 18, 2010 at 1:46 PM

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #794 on: March 07, 2010, 08:04:29 AM »

Hey Pooky!   

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #795 on: March 07, 2010, 08:06:53 AM »

James McIntyre    http://www.mass.gov/obcbbo/bd94-032-2.htm

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #796 on: March 07, 2010, 09:26:44 AM »

James McIntyre must be on crack 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #797 on: March 07, 2010, 09:40:35 AM »

Perhaps Baez will get that crackhead to testify Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #798 on: March 07, 2010, 11:04:42 AM »

Example of James McIntyre posts in comments.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_tv_tvblog/2010/01/casey-anthony-george-tells-wofl-people-can-be-so-cruel-wftv-analyst-blasts-andrea-lyon.html

THE “PUTRID BODY” IN THE TRUNK, WAS IN FACT SPAGHETTI SAUCE AND BEEF (MEATBALLS) GREASE.. THE WRONG BODY WAS IDENTIFIED, IT WAS A BABY GIRL, NOT A THREE YEAR OLD. DIFFERENT BODY, UNRELATED MURDER CASE. THE PATHOLOGIST WHO DID THE WORK (MEASURING THE BONES) REPORTED THIS AND WAS REFUSED MORE TIME TO WORK ON THE BODY, BUT SHE WAS 85% CERTAIN THAT THIS WAS NOT THE BODY OF CAYLEE MARIE ANTHONY, IT’S NOT! FORENSIC REPORTS THAT I BOTHERED TO READ, BACK THIS UP! CAYLEE WAS KIDNAPPED.

Reply Posted by: James L. McIntyre | Monday, January 18, 2010 at 1:46 PM

Oh brother ...   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #799 on: March 07, 2010, 11:07:25 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.   

Trials and Tribulations
03/05/10
Poor Casey Anthony

Good Morning Trimm!     Thank you for all that you do.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.