April 18, 2024, 10:59:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #156 2/23/10 - 3/14/10  (Read 392010 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: March 07, 2010, 11:40:28 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,588310,00.html
Casey Anthony Defense Wants State to Pay Legal Fees

Sunday, March 07, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. —  Lawyers for an Orlando woman accused in her young daughter's death says the state should pay the cost of defending her.

The team representing 23-year-old Casey Anthony says the financial assistance is the only way to ensure they'll have the resources to fight a conviction and possible death sentence in the first-degree murder case.

The defense wants the state to pay the cost of travel, serving supoenas, hiring experts, deposing witnesses and investigating the case.

Anthony has pleaded not guilty and says a baby sitter kidnapped her daughter Caylee. The toddler's remains were found in December 2008, months after she was reported missing.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #801 on: March 07, 2010, 11:42:54 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/22767457/detail.html
Motion: State Should Pay For Anthony's Defense
Casey Anthony Charged With Murder In Daughter Caylee's Death

POSTED: Sunday, March 7, 2010
UPDATED: 11:03 am EST March 7, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Defense attorneys for Casey Anthony have filed a motion requesting that the court declare her indigent and have the taxpayers shoulder some of the cost of her defense in the first-degree murder trial in the death of her daughter, Caylee.

The team representing 23-year-old said the financial assistance is the only way to ensure they'll have the resources to fight a conviction and possible death sentence in the case.

Jose Baez filed the paperwork at 5 p.m. Friday. He is asking Judge Stan Strickland to declare Anthony indigent for costs, meaning she does not have the money to fund her defense.

Anthony has already paid Baez and death penalty expert Andrea Lyon $111,954, but Baez said that is not enough to give Anthony the defense she needs, and taxpayers should make up the difference. Nearly $90,000 of the amount was used for Baez's fees, the remainder covered Lyon's costs. She is working on the case for free.
Baez said Anthony was willing to pay for her defense until the state put the death penalty back on the table, making her unable to cover the expense.

The motion asks the state to cover the cost of depositions, transcripts, investigators, legal research, expert witness fees, medical or mental examinations, travel expenses and other costs the defense has or will incur.
Legal experts said defending a complex death penalty murder case like Anthony's can easily run into the hundreds of thousands of dollars, especially when potential witnesses and experts are dispersed around the country.

Baez estimated the total cost of defending Anthony will amount to hundreds of thousands of dollars.

If Strickland signs the order, Florida taxpayers will pick up the bill for the defense costs, but not the defense fees.

The state has more than $14 million set aside this year to pay for indigent criminal defense.

The question of how Anthony will be able to pay for her defense has prompted a great deal of speculation about possible movie deals and book rights. It is not known how she paid the more than $100,000 that has already been paid to the defense.

Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail on no bond.

Caylee was 2-years-old when she was reported missing in July 2008. Her remains were discovered in a wooded area off Suburban Drive, near Anthony's parent's east Orange County home, in December 2008.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #802 on: March 07, 2010, 11:45:15 AM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-38254-Orlando-Headlines-Examiner~y2010m3d6-Orange-County-could-pay-some-of-Casey-Anthonys-trial-costs
Orange County could pay some of Casey Anthony's trial costs
March 6, 7:02 PMOrlando Headlines ExaminerDavid Steiner
The cost of maintaining Casey Anthony’s defense against the death penalty if convicted of killing her daughter Caylee has become too much for her to handle. According to a recent release, Miss Anthony’s defense team is seeking help in covering their operating expenses. This may fall on Orange County tax payers.

While Miss Anthony’s actual attorney fees would not be paid for with tax dollars, if approved, such costs as witness travel expenses, processing subpoenas, and hiring experts to examine transcripts would be covered.

Under such circumstances, however, any profits made by Casey Anthony through book or movie deals related to her case could be garnished to ensure the replacement of the taxpayers’ money.

It has been estimated that the case could cost the county in excess of $100,000.

~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: March 07, 2010, 01:07:38 PM »

She is not indigent until she has no money to buy her spiced peanuts and cheese sauce.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: March 07, 2010, 01:29:37 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
Casey’s New Year’s (2008) Resolution

Posted on March 7th, 2010 by JW

~ Peter Frampton
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #805 on: March 07, 2010, 01:41:46 PM »

Good afternoon, Monkeys on this glorious afternoon in TN. 

I wonder if Baez charges Casey his normal hourly rate for his appearances on TV in her behalf.  Not that he helps her case. IMO he harms her chances every time he opens his mouth.  I hope he has to account for every minute he has charged to justify the $90,000.  Casey would have been better off with a public defender who has had some extensive experience with criminal cases.  A public defender would have convinced Casey to plead guilty to manslaughter long ago, before the body was found, and she would have been out in a few years.  As it is, Baez seems to not have a clue how to conduct her defense and is running around in what appears to be endless circles, not accomplishing anything. Andrea Lyons makes such a poor personal  appearance to us, and we are probably representative of the general public in this regard, that she would turn a jury off. Every one is judged to some degree on their personal appearance.

They are going to mess around and get this girl killed.  JMO of course.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #806 on: March 07, 2010, 02:47:42 PM »

I wonder if Baez charges Casey his normal hourly rate for his appearances on TV in her behalf.  Not that he helps her case. IMO he harms her chances every time he opens his mouth.  I hope he has to account for every minute he has charged to justify the $90,000.  Casey would have been better off with a public defender who has had some extensive experience with criminal cases.  A public defender would have convinced Casey to plead guilty to manslaughter long ago, before the body was found, and she would have been out in a few years.  As it is, Baez seems to not have a clue how to conduct her defense and is running around in what appears to be endless circles, not accomplishing anything. Andrea Lyons makes such a poor personal  appearance to us, and we are probably representative of the general public in this regard, that she would turn a jury off. Every one is judged to some degree on their personal appearance.

morning babybear

I agree baez is no lawyering material but she let it go to her head thinking she was all that with her own dream team. they sucked her dry hmm ya know like she does everyone else how ironic.

Loca
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: March 07, 2010, 03:02:36 PM »

Too bad if she does get killed. I would call that tit for tat……When Caylee’s remains were found; the duct tape showed cold, calculated murder. If she had pled out before the body was discovered and had to show LE the body, how would she explain the duct tape and any other evidence that may have been evident before decomposition. IMO, KC made up a story to allow the evidence of the murder to rot away. Well, that didn’t work and now she can suffer the consequences….no manslaughter here, just homicide.
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #808 on: March 07, 2010, 03:03:17 PM »

She is not indigent until she has no money to buy her spiced peanuts and cheese sauce.
Northernrose
I agree and it makes me wonder how much baez spent of that money for his personal use.hmmmm

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #809 on: March 07, 2010, 03:05:06 PM »

Too bad if she does get killed. I would call that tit for tat……When Caylee’s remains were found; the duct tape showed cold, calculated murder. If she had pled out before the body was discovered and had to show LE the body, how would she explain the duct tape and any other evidence that may have been evident before decomposition. IMO, KC made up a story to allow the evidence of the murder to rot away. Well, that didn’t work and now she can suffer the consequences….no manslaughter here, just homicide.
TITFORTAT
who cares what happends to casey if she dies she dies !
everybody lives everybody dies

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #810 on: March 07, 2010, 03:06:50 PM »

N2WISHN

N2WISHN
I meant you on the other lol
by her own writing I say everybody lives every body dies

Loca
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #811 on: March 07, 2010, 03:09:38 PM »

N2WISHN

N2WISHN

lol, np loca

I think the kcism was......everybody lies everybody dies
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #812 on: March 07, 2010, 03:12:27 PM »

OK I want to know
  if she is found poor arse! broke arse! no money!
and she has to depend on the state to pay her attorneys costs? will I repeat cuz I hope not! but will baez be allowed to spend money freviously (hope its spelled right)?
He has  trouble managing money as evidenced by  his previous record prior to being allowed to the bar. He spent 8 yrs trying to get in because of his finances but doesnt it seem like he is   back to his ol self!

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #813 on: March 07, 2010, 03:14:27 PM »

WHERE DID THE 90.000 GO
HIS POCKET OR COURT COSTS ETC BABY BEAR?  Loca-Let's not start with the solid caps again, please. 
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:04:20 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #814 on: March 07, 2010, 03:19:59 PM »

N2WISHN

N2WISHN

lol, np loca

I think the kcism was......everybody lies everybody dies

Lol n2
thanks for the correction. I am on my first cup of cofee took a few sips before I started typing here lol so I  am now  taking large gulps  so I can wake up lol. I hope she gets whats due her and her momma.

Loca
N2WISHN
Monkey Junky

« Reply #815 on: March 07, 2010, 03:28:36 PM »

OK I want to know
and she has to depend on the state to pay her attorneys costs? will I repeat cuz I hope not! but will baez be allowed to spend money freviously (hope its spelled right)?
He has  trouble managing money as evidenced by  his previous record prior to being allowed to the bar. He spent 8 yrs trying to get in because of his finances but doesnt it seem like he is   back to his ol self!

It's my understanding that the Justice Administrative Commission will oversee expenses relating to indigent cases.

http://www.oppaga.state.fl.us/profiles/1022/

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #816 on: March 07, 2010, 05:22:50 PM »

WHERE DID THE 90.000 GO
HIS POCKET OR COURT COSTS ETC BABY BEAR?

HI loca---I'd say most of it went into his pocket.  Court costs couldn't possibly be anywhere near $90,000. 

If they mess around and Casey is killed, that's fine with me.  But it's his responsibility to give her the best defense possible and IMO he hasn't done that.  Not that I care.  In fact it's a good thing.  Maybe that's why that at every step the judge has specifically made sure that Casey is satisfied with Baez's representation.  Maybe  he agrees that Baez is not doing a good job.  But I think Baez took an oath to represent his clients to the best of his ability.  Wait a minute------maybe this is the best of his ability.  Yeah.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #817 on: March 07, 2010, 05:28:32 PM »

WHERE DID THE 90.000 GO
HIS POCKET OR COURT COSTS ETC BABY BEAR?

HI loca---I'd say most of it went into his pocket.  Court costs couldn't possibly be anywhere near $90,000. 

If they mess around and Casey is killed, that's fine with me.  But it's his responsibility to give her the best defense possible and IMO he hasn't done that.  Not that I care.  In fact it's a good thing.  Maybe that's why that at every step the judge has specifically made sure that Casey is satisfied with Baez's representation.  Maybe  he agrees that Baez is not doing a good job.  But I think Baez took an oath to represent his clients to the best of his ability.  Wait a minute------maybe this is the best of his ability.  Yeah.
babybear
dumb question here?
Do you think that baez has gotten wind of people saying he is incompetent. This man hasnt been practicing law for very long evidenced by his fumbles and flukes. I   think that the money didnt go all to her defense. I kinda think maybe he treated himself to some luxuries. Amongst those expenses were possibly all those trips to new york to be on heraldo(intentionaly misspelled)Smile  and all those trips he made to other tv stations. He was  for a while there popping up everywhere. I think he is an ewgo maniac with no results just hot air what do ya think? about my dumb question too????

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #818 on: March 07, 2010, 05:30:13 PM »

OK I want to know
N2
I am glad to hear that thanks. so that means he cant  blow money on dumb crap because they will have control that is good news:)

It's my understanding that the Justice Administrative Commission will oversee expenses relating to indigent cases.

Loca
loca
Monkey Junky

« Reply #819 on: March 07, 2010, 05:31:12 PM »

OK I want to know
N2
I am glad to hear that thanks. so that means he cant  blow money on dumb crap because they will have control that is good news:)

N2

NE THAT MAKES MY DAY

Loca-When you sign back in to post, please don't post in caps anymore.  You have been asked more than once to please not post in caps and colors before.  We can hear and see your posts just fine.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 05:06:57 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Loca
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.