April 20, 2024, 12:15:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #156 2/23/10 - 3/14/10  (Read 392163 times)
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #920 on: March 08, 2010, 08:37:50 PM »

Seeme.....   

Sorry trimm.......just couldn't help myself

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #921 on: March 08, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »

They have GOT to be KIDDING about not letting a jury hear the 911 calls or see the pictures.
I hope Strickland denies this insane motion.

It's totally absurd;   I would bet Judge Strickland will deny.
Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #922 on: March 08, 2010, 08:40:10 PM »

ANY photo that was taken AFTER Caylee went missing IS relevant!!

I totally agree. The ones taken before that I wouldn't really have a problem with not showing them to the jury.
Who HASN"T seen the pictures or heard the 911 calls, especially if they live in Orlando? Only people I can think of are those that don't watch the news EVER.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #923 on: March 08, 2010, 08:41:01 PM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22777421/detail.html

Anthony Defense: Block Party Pics
Defense Says Photos Are Too Prejudicial For The Jury

POSTED: Monday, March 8, 2010
UPDATED: 7:24 pm EST March 8, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --

Date Set for Anthony Murder Trial

Casey Anthony's defense attorneys have filed a motion requesting that a jury never see photos of the young mother partying while her toddler was missing.

Anthony, 23, is jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008 after being missing for a month. Her remains were found five months later.

Anthony's defense said they want Judge Stan Strickland to bar the prosecution from showing a jury photos of Anthony drinking beer and partying during the month between Caylee's disappearance and when she was reported missing.

In the motion, the defense said photos of her partying while Caylee is missing are too prejudicial. The defense also argued that photos of Anthony partying prior to Caylee's disappearance are irrelevant.

The defense is also asking the judge to prevent a jury from hearing Anthony's mother's frantic calls to 911 reporting Caylee missing and from seeing certain witness statements made by Anthony's parents, friends and detectives.

In the 911 call made by Cindy Anthony, the grandmother tells a dispatcher she wants her daughter arrested.

In the call, Cindy Anthony speculates that her daughter's car smells like a dead body. The defense argued that the comments are pure speculation and cannot be used in court.

Other comments made by Casey Anthony's parents characterize her as a liar and a thief.

The defense said these items would make a jury prejudicial and deny Anthony the right to a fair trial.

Casey Anthony's attorneys cited specific case law to argue why these pieces of evidence should be kept out of the hands of the jury. They said all the potentially prejudicial evidence has been analyzed and dissected in the media and they fear a witness will take the stand and share their own personal opinions about Casey Anthony, which is generally not allowed in court.

Meanwhile, Strickland signed an order scheduling the trial to begin on May 9, 2011.

Anthony's defense also recently filed a motion asking Strickland to declare Anthony indigent and have the state cover the defense's costs.

It was revealed on Friday that Anthony has already paid her defense team more than $111,000, but it was not clear where that money came from.

Anthony recently pleaded guilty to check fraud that occurred prior to her arrest on murder charges. In addition, her parents are facing foreclosure on their Orange County home.

Local 6 legal analyst Mark O'Mara said it is possible that Anthony used money from selling photos, videos or information while Caylee was missing.

"Anything that she may have had that she ended up selling to media may well have been the source of the money," O'Mara said.

O'Mara said it would not be illegal for Anthony to have profited from selling photos or videos while Caylee was still missing.

A New York law prevents people from profiting from their crimes. It was passed after the so-called Son of Sam killer, David Berkowitz, tried to profit from his crimes.

"Florida has a similar statute, but it requires you to be convicted," O'Mara said.

Gainesville mass-murderer Danny Rolling inspired the Florida law when he tried selling art and other materials he produced after he was convicted of killing five college students.

Anthony has not been convicted of murder, so the law does not apply to her.

However, the law states that even before conviction, Anthony and other accused criminals would not be allowed to pay their attorneys with money they obtained illegally. For example, an accused drug dealer could not use money earned from dealing drugs to pay an attorney.

"If it came from an illegal source, then it can be seized by the court," O'Mara said. "There's no allegation here (that) what she got was from an illegal source."

Strickland questioned defense attorney Jose Baez behind closed doors after the state questioned whether he stood to profit from any entertainment deals. At that time, the judge found that the defense, however it has been paid, has done nothing wrong.

Strickland has not ruled on the motion requesting that Casey Anthony be declared indigent, but O'Mara predicted he will approve the request, because denying it could be seen as preventing her from getting the defense she needs in a death penalty case.

Lawyers said the costs could reach half a million dollars by the time the case is over.

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=0000A0&amp;bgcolor=808080&amp;date_month=05&amp;date_day=09&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=Caylee&#39;s Justice&amp;size=small&amp;mo=05&amp;da=09&amp;yr=2011</a>
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #924 on: March 08, 2010, 08:43:46 PM »

Wonder how George and Cindy like the word indigent? Not so much I bet 

hee hee hee ... 
seemeatthebeach
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #925 on: March 08, 2010, 08:51:24 PM »

From Richard Hornsby on WS today................
I saw a copy of Casey's affidavit today. She alleges Baez was paid zero for the check fraud case. What is really sketchy about the affidavit is that Casey lists herself as the "source" of the funds

Curly
Monkey Junky

« Reply #926 on: March 08, 2010, 08:54:37 PM »

From Richard Hornsby on WS today................
I saw a copy of Casey's affidavit today. She alleges Baez was paid zero for the check fraud case. What is really sketchy about the affidavit is that Casey lists herself as the "source" of the funds

What's sketchy about that? She sold Caylee pictures before she was arrested for good.

OMGWTF

"I'm for truth, no matter who tells it. I'm for justice no matter who it's for or against."
                             Malcolm X
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #927 on: March 08, 2010, 09:09:28 PM »

Saw this at WS..(posted by MuzicMan)

James L McIntyre Correspondence 03/05/2010
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/28245881/James-L-McIntyre-Correspondence-03052010

Well, that's it!  Let KC go.....James McIntyre has cleared everything up.  Go arrest Judge Rodriguez............case closed
And there's that Wanda Wery name again  And it appears that James thinks Caylee is alive.

James should ask Miss Anthony why on her Indigency application, she listed herself as having ZERO dependents...    of course she knows Caylee is dead, it's time James did.
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #928 on: March 08, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »

In the "Motion for Determination of Indegency" it states that Ms. Anthony has had no income since her incarceration on October 18, 2008.  It further states that she has paid +/- $110,000 to Baez and Lyons.  So the question arises:  did Casey have the money before she was incarcerated?  We know she didn't.  She even filled out an indigency form stating that she had no money.  We also know that the only money she had prior to her being arrested was money she had stolen.  Therefore, she must have received the $110,000 +/- during her incarceration.  If that's the case, the "Motion for Determination......" is fraudulent or at the very least, incorrect.  It might be possible that she received the money during the period July 17, 2008 to October 18, 2008, while she was out on bail two times, but not likely.  If I were Judge Strickland, I'd like to know when the money was received and from whom.  (I think he already knows from whom, because of the in camera conference about it.)

It's hard for me to be objective when it comes to Strickland not allowing the phone calls, especially "It smells like there's been a body in the damn car." I think that's very relevant.  Let's hope he does.  Also the partying pics after she killed Caylee certainly show her state of mind, which to me is great relief that "Little snotnose" is no longer around to interfere with her very active sex life.  I mean, it seems that's the way Casey said "Hello."

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #929 on: March 08, 2010, 09:51:51 PM »

Saw this at WS..(posted by MuzicMan)

James L McIntyre Correspondence 03/05/2010
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/28245881/James-L-McIntyre-Correspondence-03052010

Well, that's it!  Let KC go.....James McIntyre has cleared everything up.  Go arrest Judge Rodriguez............case closed
And there's that Wanda Wery name again  And it appears that James thinks Caylee is alive.

James should ask Miss Anthony why on her Indigency application, she listed herself as having ZERO dependents...    of course she knows Caylee is dead, it's time James did.

Western *******, that's a very astute observation.  Let's hope the SA has picked up on it.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #930 on: March 08, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »

Isn't that strange.  I typed in "Western *******" and it came out "Western *******. Is my computer haunted?  The second time today strange things happened.

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #931 on: March 08, 2010, 09:54:12 PM »

It happened.  I'll try small letters  ---*******--- Strange.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #932 on: March 08, 2010, 10:16:40 PM »

Western Observr
is the way this poster spells their nic, not  Western *******. Notice how the second part of Western's nic is spelled.  Spell it that way and you are good to go.

We used to have a member/moderator by the name of *******.  That person had a meltdown in the forum and was banned.

He threatened to cause trouble if his name is mentioned in the forum.  He really can't do anything but it was just easier to filter out his name.  I know it seems silly but please don't override the filter, TIA

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: March 08, 2010, 10:56:29 PM »

Western Observr
is the way this poster spells their nic, not  Western *******. Notice how the second part of Western's nic is spelled.  Spell it that way and you are good to go.

We used to have a member/moderator by the name of *******.  That person had a meltdown in the forum and was banned.

He threatened to cause trouble if his name is mentioned in the forum.  He really can't do anything but it was just easier to filter out his name.  I know it seems silly but please don't override the filter, TIA

Thanks Muffy Bee--I never noticed that Observr was not *******  Ha ha I put in the asterisks this time.  Your filter is safe with me.

tupelohoney
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #934 on: March 09, 2010, 03:44:59 AM »

Hello Monkeys!  I had to take a much needed break, but I have kept up with the latest news. 2011 now for the trial.....we'll see....

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=1931

We interrupt this blog for a special bulletin…

Posted on March 8th, 2010 by Valhall

No child should have duct tape on their face when they die. There's no reason to put duct tape on the face after they die. ~ Dr. G

"People don't make accidents look like murder." ~ Jeff Ashton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #935 on: March 09, 2010, 05:34:17 AM »

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/22777421/detail.html

Anthony Defense: Block Party Pics
Defense Says Photos Are Too Prejudicial For The Jury

POSTED: Monday, March 8, 2010
UPDATED: 7:24 pm EST March 8, 2010
ORLANDO, Fla. --

Date Set for Anthony Murder Trial

Casey Anthony's defense attorneys have filed a motion requesting that a jury never see photos of the young mother partying while her toddler was missing.

Anthony, 23, is jailed on first-degree murder charges in the death of her daughter, Caylee. Caylee was 2 years old when she was reported missing in July 2008 after being missing for a month. Her remains were found five months later.

Anthony's defense said they want Judge Stan Strickland to bar the prosecution from showing a jury photos of Anthony drinking beer and partying during the month between Caylee's disappearance and when she was reported missing.

In the motion, the defense said photos of her partying while Caylee is missing are too prejudicial. The defense also argued that photos of Anthony partying prior to Caylee's disappearance are irrelevant.

The defense is also asking the judge to prevent a jury from hearing Anthony's mother's frantic calls to 911 reporting Caylee missing and from seeing certain witness statements made by Anthony's parents, friends and detectives.

In the 911 call made by Cindy Anthony, the grandmother tells a dispatcher she wants her daughter arrested.

In the call, Cindy Anthony speculates that her daughter's car smells like a dead body. The defense argued that the comments are pure speculation and cannot be used in court.

Other comments made by Casey Anthony's parents characterize her as a liar and a thief.

The defense said these items would make a jury prejudicial and deny Anthony the right to a fair trial.

Casey Anthony's attorneys cited specific case law to argue why these pieces of evidence should be kept out of the hands of the jury. They said all the potentially prejudicial evidence has been analyzed and dissected in the media and they fear a witness will take the stand and share their own personal opinions about Casey Anthony, which is generally not allowed in court.

Meanwhile, Strickland signed an order scheduling the trial to begin on May 9, 2011.

Anthony's defense also recently filed a motion asking Strickland to declare Anthony indigent and have the state cover the defense's costs.

It was revealed on Friday that Anthony has already paid her defense team more than $111,000, but it was not clear where that money came from.

Anthony recently pleaded guilty to check fraud that occurred prior to her arrest on murder charges. In addition, her parents are facing foreclosure on their Orange County home.

Local 6 legal analyst Mark O'Mara said it is possible that Anthony used money from selling photos, videos or information while Caylee was missing.

"Anything that she may have had that she ended up selling to media may well have been the source of the money," O'Mara said.

O'Mara said it would not be illegal for Anthony to have profited from selling photos or videos while Caylee was still missing.

A New York law prevents people from profiting from their crimes. It was passed after the so-called Son of Sam killer, David Berkowitz, tried to profit from his crimes.

"Florida has a similar statute, but it requires you to be convicted," O'Mara said.

Gainesville mass-murderer Danny Rolling inspired the Florida law when he tried selling art and other materials he produced after he was convicted of killing five college students.

Anthony has not been convicted of murder, so the law does not apply to her.

However, the law states that even before conviction, Anthony and other accused criminals would not be allowed to pay their attorneys with money they obtained illegally. For example, an accused drug dealer could not use money earned from dealing drugs to pay an attorney.

"If it came from an illegal source, then it can be seized by the court," O'Mara said. "There's no allegation here (that) what she got was from an illegal source."

Strickland questioned defense attorney Jose Baez behind closed doors after the state questioned whether he stood to profit from any entertainment deals. At that time, the judge found that the defense, however it has been paid, has done nothing wrong.

Strickland has not ruled on the motion requesting that Casey Anthony be declared indigent, but O'Mara predicted he will approve the request, because denying it could be seen as preventing her from getting the defense she needs in a death penalty case.

Lawyers said the costs could reach half a million dollars by the time the case is over.

IMHO, the defense doesnt have a snowball's chance in H E double hockey sticks in prevailing on a few of these key issues:

1)   The 911 calls are totally relevant to the case as they are part of the chain of events leading to Casey's capture (ironically by her twisted mother) after Caylee was not seen by anyone that knew her since June 15th.   This only occurred due to Casey's car being picked up by her parents & the observations to the smell in the car subsequently with evidence found despite the Anthonys cover up attempts.   Casey's friends will testify to Cindy's suspicions when calling all  of them & what she disclosed to them such as being a thief & a sociopath, the 7/3 Cindy myspace blog all of it indicates that her mother knew something was terribly wrong & Casey was lying to her (but concealing it).    Also, they are part of the record as communications with law enforcement whom would testify to them regardless.   The 911 calls are key to the case as if they were never made Casey would have been still dancing around a pole, stealing money from her friends, disrespecting the American flag, peeing in parking lots & screwing any guy that would have her - o but certainly not working a legitimate job, I might add.  They will not be excluded.

2)  Any pictures, video, witness testimony regarding what Casey was doing during the period of June 15-July 15 is relevant, whether the defense finds them prejudicial that falls on their client for being a self-absorbed twit in addition to being a baby killer.   Too bad, so sad.

There is a chance that images of her extra curricular activities that do appear to be her line of work instead a real job before June 15th, 2008 may be excluded - to me that one could go either way.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #936 on: March 09, 2010, 06:43:42 AM »

We interrupt this blog for a special bulletin…Posted on March 8th, 2010 by Valhall

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #937 on: March 09, 2010, 07:44:58 AM »

http://wdbo.com/localnews/2010/03/public-may-be-forced-to-pay-fo.html
WDBO Local News      
Public may be forced to pay for Casey Anthony's defense
By
Marva Hinton
@ March 9, 2010 7:29 AM Permalink | Comments (0)

Now that May 9, 2011 been set as a trial date for Casey Anthony, the question of how she'll pay for her defense remains.
Her attorneys say the accused child killer has already spent more than $100,000 on her defense, and she's out of money. They're requesting public funds to cover the remaining costs. But in a tight budget year, she could be denied.

The state provides money for cases in three pots - one for the prosecution, one for the public defender's office and one for defendants declared indigent who have private attorneys. Orange County Public Defender Robert Wesley says the fund for the indigent is running low.

"It's been in trouble," said Wesley. "It was depleted this year, and they have sought to replenish it from the accounts of the established government law offices."

Wesley wouldn't discuss Casey's case specifically but says trials set for May face some special challenges with funding because the fiscal year is nearly over by then.

"Currently, we're having to stall cases and not try them until July because we're out of money," said Wesley.

Wesley also says defendants who want to be declared indigent even though they have private attorneys have a big hurdle to climb in Orange County.

"Our judges, I think, hold a tighter line because they tell a lawyer, 'if you got in the case and you got paid, you must have made sure that there was enough money in the fee that the client paid you to cover the necessary case costs,'" said Wesley. "The abuse comes in when a lawyer receives a huge fee and then says 'oh that was just for my work. That wasn't for court reporters or witnesses or investigators or anything else like that.'"
Wesley tells us even if a judge grants state money to a defendant with a private attorney, they don't just get a blank check.

"The court receives applications from the lawyer for what they would like to have authorized and how much, and then the court sort of has an oversight role in those cases."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #938 on: March 09, 2010, 07:51:07 AM »

Hello Monkeys!  I had to take a much needed break, but I have kept up with the latest news. 2011 now for the trial.....we'll see....

We interrupt this blog for a special bulletin…

Posted on March 8th, 2010 by Valhall

Hey Boo!   

You gotta love Valhall.   

~ Peter Frampton
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #939 on: March 09, 2010, 07:57:56 AM »

JB seems to think he is worth a lot more than local experienced Lawyers.....   R Hornsby has blogged that clients have called him asking for an estimate of his costs for representing them- when he quoted one client $2500  the person told him they had called JB first and his fee was more than double that.    Not sure what they would have got for that exorbitant amount- not experience, that's for sure.... 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.