April 24, 2024, 01:40:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Adventures of Louise  (Read 46843 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« on: January 02, 2007, 11:04:06 PM »

You have all been so nice and so encouraging to me regarding my stories. I really don't know ahead of time which stories you might like and which ones you won't like. I know you liked the story of Chico and it WILL have more installments for sure as I need my carpet replaced.

I have two stories from New Year's Day. I went to my cousin Barbara's annual New Year's Day party. She lives on the north side of the Mulholland ridge so the view from their house is of the vast San Fernando Valley. It's a beautiful house.

When I first arrived yesterday, I went to the kitchen where people gather first. Barbara introduced me to Paul Levan and his wife Helga. I said, "The attorney Paul Levan?" He says yep, I haven't had the pleasure of meeting you. I said, "You don't remember but you represented me in court once when I was arrested." Way back in my mid 20s, I had a prescription for Quaalude (long story due to thyroid problems) which I abused. I was driving to a nightclub and the cops pulled me over and said I was weaving. I was arrested and handcuffed and taken to the Hollywood station. They just left my 65 Mustang parked along the street on Sunset and Fairfax. After processing me, they took me to Sybil Brand, the serious women's prison. A very skeery place. I was in a holding room with other women and a pay phone. Even though I was all dressed up and the other women were not, we were equal in that room. I was confused and couldn't find my money and several women who were strangers offered me quarters. I called my exhusband and told him what happened and to call my mother because she had the money to bail me out. Jack called my mother at 2 a.m. and picked her up and went to a bail bondsman.

Meanwhile, I was processed with the other women. I was striped down, cavities searched and outfitted in a green little jail uniform with slippers. Then we were herded into the dining room. Someone gave me a hint what to do. Take a tray and slide it along the railing. They will put food on your tray. One could not see the servers, only a small area was open wherein their hands put food on each and every tray. When a hand placed three pieces of toast on my tray, I threw it back. The hand said shutup and threw the toast back onto my tray. After sitting down, I tried to start up a conversation. The other women said shush ... not allowed to talk.

After that, they lined us up against a wall and began to call out names. This area was visible to the women in the calls so they could observe and shout obscenities. Everyone was assigned to a cell except for me. I was sent to a day room with a TV. That was my first clue that my exhusband and my mother were making progress. So around 8 a.m. I was bailed out and had a future date in court. Jack got my car the next day and it had a parking ticket on it. Thanks, LAPD.

We had a family friend attorney but he wanted to give my case to his junior partner, Paul Levan. The court case was simple. He showed the judge my prescription bottle of Quaalude and I got fined $500 (my mother paid), five years summary probation and then it would be erased, and I was on assigned risk car insurance for five years. This was but a teensy moment in Paul Levan's life but I'll never forget it.

So there in Barbara's kitchen, Paul Levan and Barbara and Helga were fascinated to hear this story from almost 40 years ago. Meeting him again was a wonderful blast from the past.

Next story. There is such a vast amount of food that Barbara said next year we should have a three day sleepover so all the food can be eaten. I do my part. I always take home several plates. This year I prepared the take home plate early ... two mini bagels with creme cheese, red onion, tomatoes and lox. Some smoked cod and two pieces of lace cheese. In another plate I put a huge wedge of cheesecake. When I left, I put these two plates on top of my car. I got inside, settled in and drove down the mountain to the valley. I stopped at a grocery to get some apple juice. Then back in my car I was looking for my tin foil plates. I had to smack myself in the head for forgetting I put them on roof. I was heading for the freeway and almost turned onto to it but luck was with me and I got out of that lane. I figured nothing is waiting for me at home so I turned around and drove back up the mountain. After turning into Beverly Glen Terrace, about halfway up I saw tin foil in the street. It was my cheesecake in pristine condition. I keep driving and didn't see the other one. I walked back into Barbara's house and said "I'm baaaack" and told the story. So I made another plate, wrapped it up and left.

Tonight I'm still enjoying that food. So glad I went back to get more.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 01:16:59 AM »

Definitely worth the read.

I've has a similar jail experience that I won't be writing about.
Kathya0427
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 01:48:47 AM »

Louise...I loved both your stories...they were so funny...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 01:52:10 AM »

Louise - great story!
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 11:20:37 AM »

Louise, not only do you have the stories to share but you relay them so well.   Smile

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 11:23:51 AM »

Quote from: "Carnut"

well thats no fun for us!  sorry to hear it was bad enough for you to not want to write about it,  hehe

I got the cuffs slapped on me once (10 yrs ago) , and hauled to the next town for a brethalizer test, cuz this dumbass cop thought I was drunk.  Shocked

I couldn't stand with one foot 6 inches off the ground  in freezing temps.  (I had an ankle injury).   I had a girlfirend passed out in the passenger seat of my truck.  The officer was going to leave her and my truck on the side of the road.  She'd have froze to death for sure. It was only 10 degrees out!!
  I did good not to fight with this woman officer, she thought she was the queen or something.  I did yell at her  enough  so she called for backup, which turned out to be a longtime family friend, he tried to tell this woman I was not drunk, but even he couldn't convince her.  But he did call my Dad to come get my passed out friend and my truck.

In the end, I got a ride back to my vehicle, and an attitude from this woman cop because I really hadn't been drinking so I blew a 0, and she was mad at that.  Oh and I ended up with a really bad cold after spending an hour on the side of the road in 10 degree weather with just a shirt and jeans on,  the witch wouldn't let me get my coat either.  

A night I'll never forget

Maine, born and raised!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 01:28:20 PM »

Louise.......great stories!!!!!! Once again, I was entertained by your escapades.
I can't wait for the next installment!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Bobo2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 07:46:15 PM »

Louise, have you ever considered writing a book?  Your writing style is intriguing and fun.  Loved the stories!
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 07:51:58 PM »

Louise:   Have you ever considered submitting an article to the Augusta Free Press?  I understand they need good writers.

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
Elaine
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 11:46:56 PM »

Louise, Very enjoyable reading! Hope to see more!
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2007, 12:11:16 AM »

Please tell me all your secrets Carnut.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2007, 12:41:46 AM »

Quote from: "Kat_Gram"

Please tell me all your secrets Carnut.

I was arrested and jailed for Felony Assault, got out in 8hrs with bail.

Plea bargained to a misdemeanor assault for 2 yrs probation.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2007, 12:42:34 AM »

Oh that was 20 yrs ago in 1986.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2007, 12:43:55 AM »

Heh, heh, you might say that on occasion, I don't play well with others.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2007, 12:58:35 AM »

Keep 'em coming, Louise!  Very Happy
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 04:04:24 AM »

Thank you. I don't have enough words to tell you how much I appreciate your compliments and your liking my stories. It warms my heart.

Today I went to see my shrink at Cedars Sinai Medical Center for med management. She looks like a 30 year old Natalee and she knows about the case.

My appointment card said 2:30 and her appointment book said 2 p.m. When I got back home, the card DID say 2:30. So I was 15 minutes late and we had an abbreviated visit. She took me into her office and told me to pay after the visit. I neutralized all the concerns she had from our visit one month ago. It does not pay to rock the boat. She is busy. As long as I appear normal, I get my prescriptions.

After the visit and after I made the next appointment, I had to stand in the payment line for an hour. I've been going there for almost three years. I pay the same amount year after year ... approx. $52 per visit. The woman inside the office (protected by bullet proof glass) says to me she has to call Blue Cross to figure out my payment and do I have a deductible? I told her I have no deductible regarding mental health. I asked her pretty please to just charge me the $52 and let me get out of there. She said she wants to make sure she doesn't overcharge me. May I just throw it in here that I pay over $800 every month for my Blue Cross insurance. And if I had a serious illness, I could not pay my copay,

So I stood there. I shifted from one foot to another for one hour, from one hip to another, from side to side. There were people lined up behind me. My back hurt and my hips hurt from standing in the same position. The office woman told someone else to call Blue Cross.

This is the first time in my life that I wanted to totally explode in public. Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to realize that the psychiatric section of Cedars would be the worst possible place to explode. So I controlled myself and am still here with you.

Thanks for keeping me sane.

It is 1:00 p.m. and Bill O'Reily for the third time. I better hit the sack. Love you, talk more tomorrow.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2007, 08:43:47 AM »

Louise

Like everyone else, I love hearing your stories.  It gives me a small sense that I am getting to know people here, and I enjoy that.

I have to  give you a huge hug,   because,   I have absolutely no patience for things like that.  If it had been me waiting all that time, I'd have most definately "blown a gasket" (as my son would say).  I'd have left telling her that I'd be mailing a check, minus a fee for my wasted time.

Hope to hear more of your adventures Very Happy

Ms.DV

Maine, born and raised!
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 06:08:52 PM »

Yes, Louise, it is not a good thing to create a scene at a psychiatric clinic! LOL!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2007, 09:42:47 PM »

Quote from: "Bobo2"
Louise, have you ever considered writing a book?  Your writing style is intriguing and fun.  Loved the stories!

See Louise? You are really a gifted story teller. Go for it!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2007, 03:25:09 PM »

They always say the best stories are those from personal experience. Louise, I always enjoy your writings. Don't know if I'd wanna read the story you'd have written if you had blown a gasket right there at the shrink's office Shocked I've seen what can happen in that situation, and it ain't pretty.

Hugs,
Mishy

Bring Natalee home...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.