April 24, 2024, 01:38:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Adventures of Louise  (Read 46842 times)
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: July 25, 2008, 11:12:00 PM »

Very interesting that no one replied. Never mind, I made the decision myself.

It doesn't cause any problem for me to post on this public board under my screen name. You can google LouiseVargas and you will get hits for LouiseVargas' posts on Scared Monkeys. So what? It does not link to my real name.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #201 on: July 25, 2008, 11:48:08 PM »

Bikini

I went to the beach on Monday when it is less crowded. It was a beautiful day. Sunshine and a cool breeze. I had food and tea in the small cooler. In my beach bag, I have my iPod, magazines, my glasses and a thousand other items. In the past several months, I have not been strong enough to carry all my stuff down to the beach in one trip from the parking lot. The chair is awkward and I carry it over my right side. I sling the beach bag over the left shoulder and carry the cooler in my left hand. I was making two trips each way. But Monday, I was strong enough to do it in one trip each way.

I wore an orange and white bikini (bandeau top) with gold circles the size of quarters all over it. It was a peaceful day ... and that's why I love the beach.

LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2008, 12:37:52 AM »

Murdock from Tennessee

I have this interesting story about tragedy and joy. It is also heartbreaking.

It's about what recently happened to Murdock, a guy from my AA meetings who was born in TN in a Holler. He had a lot of mental illness and made his way to Los Angeles. Along the way, he married a woman in Ohio. As soon as the wedding was over, she started bossing him around. He asked what happened to the sweet woman he married. She said oh, we are married now and you have to do what I say. He took off his wedding ring, threw it out the window and left that very night.

In Los Angeles, social services had him examined by a shrink and prescribed a lot of psychiatric meds. When he takes them, he is normal.

About two weeks ago the ex-wife in Ohio called him and said there was an accident. Their four year old boy was crossing the street and a car came over the hill and didn't have time to stop. The police declared it no one's fault.

You can imagine what Murdock went through. He had no money to fly home. He cried in AA meetings for days, dabbing his eyes with a napkin. Everyone commiserated with him and gave him so many hugs.

I saw him yesterday and he sat me down to tell me something. He said, "My son is not dead!" I had a million questions. He called his ex-wife the other day and asked where his son is buried. The woman hung up. Then he called the "police" in the county where they live to inquire about the accident his wife described. They said we have no record of any accident or child run over at that time in that vicinity.

He next called her best friend who told him the truth. She said the whole family was in on it. He was elated his son was not dead but cannot figure out why she would do such a horrible thing.

I haven't heard anything this mean for a long time. 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2008, 06:51:40 PM »

Louise - What in the world did this woman hope to accomplish with such a horrible lie?  I feel bad for any child with an absent , metally ill father and on top of that, being raised by a mother who is capable of such manipulation, and who has such disregard for the truth. Obviously, the Dad isn't the only one with mental issues.  God help that poor child.
That truly is a terrible story, on so many levels.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2008, 01:42:56 AM »

LV, that is a shocking story...what a vicious cruel woman...that poor child being raised by a mother like that...and her family thought it was OK to tell such a horrible lie? They say never lie about your family member's health...I guess it's a karma thing...how sad for Murdock...He must be relieved that his son isn't dead, but I bet now he wants to see him more than ever. I bet child services would love to know about this woman and what she did, but what would become of the boy? I will be praying for all of them...

Bring Natalee home...
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #205 on: November 15, 2008, 11:07:22 PM »

Recent AA Speaker

On Thursday, we had an extra special dynamic speaker named Seamus. He was definitely not a conformist. He didn't sit at a table, he climbed up and sat on a credenza and spoke from there. He was a big solid guy with black hair and dark eyes and handsome enough to knock your eyes out.

He spoke about fear, drinking and boxing. He wanted to be heavyweight champion  of the world. Eventually he found AA. During his story, I began to put two and two together. I like boxing. I think football is too violent. It doesn't make sense. So I followed boxing as an adult since when Cassius Clay became Mohammed Ali. A few years later, I remember an Irish boxer named Seamus, who was the Pride of Ireland.

After the meeting, I told him this but I couldn't place the time period. He said, "Yes, that's me - Seamus McDonagh. I fought Evander Holyfield." I went home and Googled his name. Seamus is now 50 years old and looks 40.

http://www.popentertainment.com/mcdonagh.htm

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxing-article/4603/seamus-mcdonagh-boxing-good-place/

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #206 on: November 16, 2008, 01:33:15 AM »

Louise....I swear! You meet the most fascinating people! Another interesting day in the life of Louise. Thanks for sharing with us!

It's good to see you posting here gain. I missed hearing about your adventures.

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #207 on: November 16, 2008, 01:24:14 PM »

I just had to come here to see if LV is ok, with all the CA fires spreading quickly to what appears to be swallowing up the state!   LV,  please check in to let us know you are ok!   I am so worried about all the CA Monkeys!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: November 16, 2008, 05:19:49 PM »

Wow, Louise!  That is really interesting you met Seamus!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: November 16, 2008, 08:51:27 PM »

Hi Monkeys,

Yesterday I smelled smoke ... it smelled like when people burn logs in their fireplaces on cold nights. California nights can be bone chillingly cold in the winter.

The weather was very hot and I was wondering why people were burning logs. Then it hit me ... I was smelling smoke from all the fires burning north and south of me.

I am safe where I live in Hollywood. There is a huge cement city between me and any fire danger.  I'm sure Klaas is ok, too. 

This happens every year ... year after year. 

Thank you for your concern, Di.

With love,
Louise

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: November 16, 2008, 11:11:05 PM »

Hi Louise - glad to hear you're OK, I'm hoping IBE is as well.  IBE posted she was about 30 miles from the fire and the smoke at her place was getting bad.  We haven't heard from her since last night.

You're right abiout me, no fires anywhere close to me.  I think Shell in San Diego county is safe this time around too.
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: November 18, 2008, 10:00:29 PM »

Hi Klaas,

IBE lives in Los Angeles, like I do. I live between the fires (Montecito on the north and Yorba Linda on the south) but IBE lives 10 miles south of me and must be getting smoke from the Yorba Linda fire. A lot of people shouldn't even go outside. The smoke causes bad reactions in sensitive people. I saw people today coughing and sneezing and feeling miserable. I feel IBE is safe but suffering from the smoke.

IBE, get in touch with us!   

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #212 on: November 18, 2008, 10:20:38 PM »

Thank you for the helpful explanation, Louise.  I hope the smoke won't cause harm to you.  And I hope IBE will check in when she can.  Everyone in the area, please stay safe! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: February 16, 2009, 11:54:25 PM »

I've been missing on my own thread for quite a while. I hope to post some thoughts and adventures again soon.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #214 on: February 18, 2009, 07:42:54 AM »

you must do that.  Most of us have had very interesting stories or adventures in our lives.  You have just reached that point in your life when you are beginning to recall all the "good" that has passed your way.  Sure there has been some bad, but that is what makes us the strong humans we are.   Keep up the good work...

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2009, 02:01:27 AM »

Recently I saw the Clint Eastwood movie called Gran Torino. It focuses on his lack of relationship with his family and his new relationship with the Asian Hmong Tribe neighbors next store who are combating the Hmong gang members, who tried to steal his vintage Gran Torino.  The neighbors invited him to a BBQ and the Hmong Shaman came over to read his aura. It was so accurate that he went into the bathroom and vomited and said to himself in the mirror "These strangers know me better than my own family."

I go to AA meetings at the Bliss Arthouse Cafe on Vine and Fountain. The proprietors are Martine and his wife Reyna who came from Mexico and are now US citizens. Somehow we got talking about children and I told them my daughter and son estranged themselves from me and there are six grandchildren I can't see.  They both said I can have their three children as my grandchildren. The next day was Sunday and they brought David (Cool, Daniel (6) and Daphne (4) to the cafe. Reyna said to them, "Say hello to your new grandma." The little voices said "Hi grandma" and David gave me a hug. These strangers care more for me than my own family.

I tried to insert a hyperlink but couldn't figure how to do it, so if you like, visit the site:

Gran Torino (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Gran Torino lyrics - The music is by Clint Eastwood, Jamie Cullum, Kyle Eastwood, Michael Stevens, with Cullum penning the lyrics

[*Sung By Jamie Cullum & Clint Eastwood*]
So tenderly your story is
nothing more than what you see
or what you've done or will become
standing strong do you belong
in your skin; just wondering

gentle now the tender breeze blows
whispers through my Gran Torino
whistling another tired song

engine humms and bitter dreams grow
heart locked in a Gran Torino
it beats a lonely rhythm all night long

[*Sung by Jamie Cullum*]
Realign all the stars above my head
Warning signs travel far
I drink instead on my own Oh! how I've known
the battle scars and worn out beds

gentle now a tender breeze blows
whispers through a Gran Torino

engines humm and bitter dreams grow

these streets are old they shine
with the things I've known
and breaks through the trees
their sparkling

your world is nothing more than all the tiny things you've left behind

So tenderly your story is
nothing more than what you see
or what you've done or will become
standing strong do you belong
in your skin; just wondering

whispers through the Gran Torino
engines humm and bitter dreams grow
a heart locked in a Gran Torino

may I be so bold and stay
I need someone to hold
that shudders my skin
their sparkling

your world is nothing more than all the tiny things you've left behind

so realign all the stars above my head
warning signs travel far
i drink instead on my own oh how ive known
the battle scars and worn out beds

whispers through the Gran Torino
engines humm and better dreams grow

From http://www.6lyrics.com/

Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #216 on: March 21, 2009, 11:17:20 PM »

That is a sweet story.  Remember you have many monkey friends who care for you too.  Never forget that.   I know it may not be the same as having a little one hug you and call you grandma, but we do love you too 

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2009, 06:06:20 PM »

That is a sweet story.  Remember you have many monkey friends who care for you too.  Never forget that.   I know it may not be the same as having a little one hug you and call you grandma, but we do love you too 

Dihannah said what I was thinking so perfectly! 

We do care about you Louise, and I worry about you when you don't post. I'm glad to know that you are still going to AA. Good for you!

finngirl
Scared Monkey

« Reply #218 on: March 25, 2009, 05:07:55 AM »

hey Louise!

can't believe I never saw this thread before ...
really enjoyed your thoughts/experiences

loved Madama Butterfly:
you look just as I imagined in my mind's eye

had no idea that was you in your avi:
thought it was Debbie Harry
(but you've prolly heard that before, LOL)

you were/are a great-looking dame

Pink's ... ! yesssssss
I really miss SoCal

"you can check out anytime you like
but you can never leave"

got anything to share re:
the Getty
Chavez Ravine (Dodger stadium)
Canter's Deli
Musso and Frank's ... ?

well, I'll keep checking back for updates

love ya

whiskey for my men/beer for my horses
GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #219 on: March 27, 2009, 05:58:15 PM »

Again, very interesting!!!!  We make the most of what we have control over.  It is impossible to dictate to others how they should feel even though we do not understand their reasoning.

I watched that movie on the net back in late January.  It was extremely good.  I tend to watch most movies like that sometimes before they even reach the theaters.  This one came out of an Asian market site. 

I loved seeing that Gran Torino.   Mine was black with a red and yellow stripe down the side.  It was a great car until my family grew to a point where I needed a station wagon.   

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.