April 28, 2024, 02:38:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #30 2/4/10 - 2/20/10  (Read 502197 times)
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2010, 02:15:38 AM »

With girl missing, a few tense moments around Fruit Cove

Posted: February 6, 2010 - 12:20am
By CHAD SMITH

Feared missing for about an hour Friday, an 11-year-old girl was found safe a few blocks from her Fruit Cove home, a relief to family and police who quickly thought the worst.

"In today's world, it scares the hell out of anyone immediately," said Sgt. Chuck Mulligan, a spokesman for the St. Johns County Sheriff's Office.

The girl, who was not identified, had been reported missing Friday afternoon when her aunt came home and the girl wasn't there.

The 11-year-old student at Fruit Cove Middle School rode the bus home from school and had apparently gotten bored, Mulligan said. She went a few doors down to play with a friend but didn't tell anyone.

While there were some hairy moments for her family and investigators, police get similar calls every week, Mulligan said.

The children are usually found quickly, as was the case Friday -- but not always.

In February 2009, 5-year-old HaLeigh Cummings was reported missing from her father's trailer in Satsuma, and police have not found a sign of her or located a suspect in her disappearance since.

In October, 7-year-old Somer Thompson was walking to her home in Orange Park from the school bus stop when she was abducted. Police later found her body in a Georgia landfill but have not named a suspect.

"In today's society, everybody immediately thinks the worst," Mulligan said.

http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-02-06/girl-missing-few-tense-moments-around-fruit-cove

Heart
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #201 on: February 06, 2010, 06:13:04 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2010/02/06/news/news01.txt
1 year later: Cops aim to find Haleigh

By Larry Sullivan
Published: Saturday, February 6, 2010 1:47 AM EST
On the wall above a desk, a framed photograph features a young girl smiling as she looks at the camera.

It's a constant reminder for the people who work in the office.

This is where investigators, one from the Putnam County Sheriff's Office and another from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, work full-time reviewing clues into the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings, the blonde-haired kindergartener from Satsuma who vanished one year ago.

"It's like our child," Capt. Dominic Piscitello, head of the Major Crimes Unit, said. "We feel the emotional ties to this case as well as the investigative ties."

Informally, the workspace is known as the Haleigh Room.

The small rectangular office in the sheriff's detective division complex reflects the task at hand.

A shelf holds 18 large notebooks with CDs, photos and narratives. These catalog the 5,700 leads the investigation has examined - tips, sightings and even psychic.

Inside one book, a photo shows a man and woman with a young girl.

"Somebody thought that was Haleigh," Piscitello said.
An investiator tracked down the people in the photo and confirmed it was not the missing child from Putnam County.

On the opposite wall is an intricate timeline depicting actions and relationships of those at the center of the probe. In between are computers, files and transcripts.

Haleigh was repofted missing early the morning of Feb. 10, 2009, triggering a massive search and a nationwide criminal investigation. However, no trace of the youngster has been found and the case has turned into a soap-opera like saga with a wedding, a divorce, fights and drug arrests.

Through all the distractions, sheriff's office investigators have continued to locate and pull together more pieces of the puzzle.

Piscitello estimates more than 10,000 man hours have gone into the effort.

Pressure from the case has taken a toll on those working the case, including orders from doctors to rest. But that has not lessened their commitment to seeing it through.

"It will break," he said with conviction. We'll solve it eventually."

lsullivan@palatkadailynews.com

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: February 06, 2010, 07:47:31 AM »

Confirmed: Haleigh's Mom Failed Drug Test, Keeps Child

TJ Hart
Posted: Saturday, 06 February 2010 7:17AM

Rumors have been swirling all week that hearing was held early this week regarding the custody status of Ronald Cummings Jr., the young brother of missing 6-year-old Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings. He is the son of Ronald Cummings Sr, who is now in jail on drug trafficking charges, and Crystal Sheffield of Baker County.

According to the rumors, Crystal Sheffield allegedly failed a drug test yet the young boy remains with her in her Baker County home.

Since WSKY has had no luck in locating the records of this DCF hearing, I contacted Crystal's mother Marie Griffis for confirmation.

I told Marie that there is talk that Butterbean remains at home, but that Crystal may have failed a drug test due to the ingestion of a Loritab pill.

Marie Griffis responded:

"I will say yes that is true, all the other stuff on the internet came from the ones scorned (that is all I will say about them). Please let everyone know that Crystal is doing what DCF wants her too, Crystal has needed these therapies that they are offering she has dealt with a lot losing a child a second time and maybe this time peemanently and on top of that, everyone in the home will receive some type of therapy. Chad's children have been affected by HaLeigh's disappearance, they are all like brothers and sisters. Update on Butterbean he is doing great he is very happy and loving being with his Mommy he gets very upset when she has to be away from him from 3hrs to go to her classes but he understands why. We have explained everything to him that we feel he understands, he just simply wants to be with his Mommy."

Thanks

Marie

http://www.thesky973.com/pages/6301020.php

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: February 06, 2010, 08:32:04 AM »

Good Morning Brandi.

I sure hope something (someone) breaks in this case soon.  I hope you are warm and dry wherever you are.   
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #204 on: February 06, 2010, 08:44:46 AM »

Good Morning Brandi.

I sure hope something (someone) breaks in this case soon.  I hope you are warm and dry wherever you are.   

Hi numbersgirl!

Yes, I sure hope someone tells us where Haleigh is soon!

(I am warm and dry because I am inside. LOL ...we are in the middle of this snowstorm!)

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #205 on: February 06, 2010, 10:41:05 AM »

http://eggtreenews.wordpress.com/2010/02/05/misty-croslins-last-3-brain-cells-fight-each-other-to-the-death-in-jailhouse-phone-calls/

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: February 06, 2010, 10:43:41 AM »

Haleigh Vigil Scheduled Ahead Of 1-Year Anniversary

Saturday, February 06, 2010 7:18:29 AM

GLEN ST. MARY -- A vigil is planned Saturday night for Haleigh Cummings, who has not been seen in close to a year.

The vigil for the missing 6-year-old is set for 5:30 p.m. Saturday at Celebration Park, in Glen St. Mary.

Investigators believe someone abducted Haleigh from her Satsuma home during the early morning hours of Feb. 10, 2009.

Despite thousands of tips and countless hours of searching, there have been no signs of the girl.

One person who won’t be at Saturday’s vigil is Haleigh’s father, Ronald Cummings, who remains locked up after being arrested for selling illegal prescription painkillers.

His ex-wife, Misty Croslin, who was the last person to see Haleigh alive, also remains behind bars for the same charges.

While Croslin has come under suspicion, she maintains she had nothing to do with the little girl’s disappearance.

No one has been charged in the case.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Local/2010/2/6/haleigh_vigil_scheduled_ahead_of_1year_anniversary.html

Heart
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #207 on: February 06, 2010, 10:44:32 AM »

I hope Crystal is successful with therapy and to overcome any drug addiction, I'm glad they are all getting therapy.
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #208 on: February 06, 2010, 10:46:01 AM »

That's a funny commentary.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #209 on: February 06, 2010, 10:46:39 AM »

Wow 
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #210 on: February 06, 2010, 10:57:13 AM »

Papa's Newest

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Me1JI3sD0fg

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #211 on: February 06, 2010, 11:02:53 AM »

TJ Hart

Rumors have been swirling all week that hearing was held early this week regarding the custody status of Ronald Cummings Jr., the young brother of missing 6-year-old Satsuma girl Haleigh Cummings. He is the son of Ronald Cummings Sr, who is now in jail on drug trafficking charges, and Crystal Sheffield of Baker County.

According to the rumors, Crystal Sheffield allegedly failed a drug test yet the young boy remains with her in her Baker County home.

Since WSKY has had no luck in locating the records of this DCF hearing, I contacted Crystal's mother Marie Griffis for confirmation.

I told Marie that there is talk that Butterbean remains at home, but that Crystal may have failed a drug test due to the ingestion of a Loritab pill.

Marie Griffis responded:

"I will say yes that is true, all the other stuff on the internet came from the ones scorned (that is all I will say about them). Please let everyone know that Crystal is doing what DCF wants her too, Crystal has needed these therapies that they are offering she has dealt with a lot losing a child a second time and maybe this time peemanently and on top of that, everyone in the home will receive some type of therapy. Chad's children have been affected by HaLeigh's disappearance, they are all like brothers and sisters. Update on Butterbean he is doing great he is very happy and loving being with his Mommy he gets very upset when she has to be away from him from 3hrs to go to her classes but he understands why. We have explained everything to him that we feel he understands, he just simply wants to be with his Mommy."

Thanks

Marie

My opinion here is like Klaas said---Neither child stood a chance with either parent.  That being said it would have been wonderful if DCF had gone into Ron's home and surprised "Them" with a drug test.  Maybe Haleigh would be here today.  They have no problem giving it to the children's mother yet I have never heard them do that to Ron or Misty.  Ron's family has some pull in that county that just makes me very uncomfortable with the police and DCF.  As for TJ he appears to get pleasure slamming the mother every chance he gets.  Just a reminder to him the mother WAS NOT there the night her daughter went missing.  Give her a brake already.  She has problems but it appears not as big problems as the father.  Hopefully Chrystal will get her act together for the sake of her remaining children.  No mother should have to go through this alone and without the support from their family and community. 

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #212 on: February 06, 2010, 11:04:50 AM »

http://justice4haleigh.wordpress.com/2009/10/22/riddle-me-this/

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #213 on: February 06, 2010, 11:09:17 AM »

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: February 06, 2010, 11:09:47 AM »

TJ Hart

Marie Griffis responded:

Thanks

Marie

My opinion here is like Klaas said---Neither child stood a chance with either parent.  That being said it would have been wonderful if DCF had gone into Ron's home and surprised "Them" with a drug test.  Maybe Haleigh would be here today.  They have no problem giving it to the children's mother yet I have never heard them do that to Ron or Misty.  Ron's family has some pull in that county that just makes me very uncomfortable with the police and DCF.  As for TJ he appears to get pleasure slamming the mother every chance he gets.  Just a reminder to him the mother WAS NOT there the night her daughter went missing.  Give her a brake already.  She has problems but it appears not as big problems as the father.  Hopefully Chrystal will get her act together for the sake of her remaining children.  No mother should have to go through this alone and without the support from their family and community. 

IMO, the part of your post I bolded is not true.  That rumor or truth hit twitter a couple of nights ago. And some posters asked TJ to see if it was true or not. So TJ at least went to the family and asked and received the above answer from Marie.  Good for T.J.!

Heart
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #215 on: February 06, 2010, 11:11:16 AM »

Thanks JG,  nice pic!

Heart
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: February 06, 2010, 11:23:36 AM »

TJ Hart

Marie Griffis responded:

Thanks

Marie

IMO, the part of your post I bolded is not true.  That rumor or truth hit twitter a couple of nights ago. And some posters asked TJ to see if it was true or not. So TJ at least went to the family and asked and received the above answer from Marie.  Good for T.J.!

Heart, I agree with you. TJ has been the most objective and ethical reporter covering this case IMO.

BryarRose
Scared Monkey

« Reply #217 on: February 06, 2010, 01:15:06 PM »

That red rose business really bothers me 

Yep, it really bothers me too.  Very strange business.   

me too, how would haleigh know about it, i mentioned it a while back
was it a marker for a pet, maybe

I don't remember      hearing the red rose story....can you monkeys give me a quick update on that?????? TYIA   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: February 06, 2010, 01:22:49 PM »

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/levipage/2010/02/07/bluckbuster-misty-croslin-speaks-from-jail              Lenny will be one of the guests on Levi's show tonight 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: February 06, 2010, 01:35:04 PM »

BryarRose, I found this for you about the rose.               
According to several news sources, while Misty was undergoing and completely failing the battery of tests being administered, she made a comment that indicated she may know where to search for Haleigh. She told investigators they needed to double-check a patch of ground marked by a single plastic rose. “She said there was a place that was not searched very well and that we should look for a red rose, and she gave us the location,” said Steph Watts, who recorded the sessions for EquuSearch. “We went and we looked, and we found it, and the next day we took Putnam County investigators back there,” Watts said. “I don’t think they are going to dig where the rose is and find the body, but the fact that they went with us shows that they are following up on every lead.” EquuSearch is making plans to return to the area in the near future.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.