April 26, 2024, 08:50:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #55 6/18/10 - 9/30/10  (Read 299279 times)
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #200 on: August 03, 2010, 09:48:00 PM »

Blue Moon:

More misc. contacts for you who I'm sure would love to answer various questions:

Ono Island Realty 1-251-981-8500  or e-mail: onorealty@gulftel.com

Lulu's @ Homeport Marina
1-251-967-LULU [5858]

Orange Beach Library
1-251-981-2923

I have yet to be able to get into Lulu's to eat.  Each trip down there we try and it is always so crowded we cannot get in without waiting 1-2 hours.  I will give some a call tomorrow.  Doesn't matter cause we are on our way Saturday.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #201 on: August 03, 2010, 09:48:30 PM »

Blue Moon:

If you're renting a condo or a house, surely your agent will fill you in with the latest poop. I haven't heard anything negative regarding the seafood either---but don't be afraid to ask.  You could even call Joe Patti's over in Pensacola and ask them for the latest update.  Seafood is their lifeblood.  Everyone is anxious to please and they need their treasured tourists.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #202 on: August 03, 2010, 09:51:10 PM »

Hi Blue Moon and Ono

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #203 on: August 03, 2010, 09:51:55 PM »

Blue Moon:

If you're renting a condo or a house, surely your agent will fill you in with the latest poop. I haven't heard anything negative regarding the seafood either---but don't be afraid to ask.  You could even call Joe Patti's over in Pensacola and ask them for the latest update.  Seafood is their lifeblood.  Everyone is anxious to please and they need their treasured tourists.

No condo this time.  Hubby wants to start at Best Western or Holiday Inn Exp on the beach before he will commit to a condo.  We usually stay with Brett-Robinson and I just got an email from them today but my husband says if oil shows up on the beach at least we won't be committed to a condo (stupid I know).  There are a lot of specials out there and I tried to tell him we need to take advantage of it.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #204 on: August 03, 2010, 09:53:20 PM »

Hi Blue Moon and Ono

Janet

Hey Janet--how are you doing tonight (HOT here and miserable for me)

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #205 on: August 03, 2010, 09:53:27 PM »

Blue Moon:

More misc. contacts for you who I'm sure would love to answer various questions:

Ono Island Realty 1-251-981-8500  or e-mail: onorealty@gulftel.com

Lulu's @ Homeport Marina
1-251-967-LULU [5858]

Orange Beach Library
1-251-981-2923

I have yet to be able to get into Lulu's to eat.  Each trip down there we try and it is always so crowded we cannot get in without waiting 1-2 hours.  I will give some a call tomorrow.  Doesn't matter cause we are on our way Saturday.

I've not been to LuLu's yet either--lol--I'm embarrassed to say--my friends & adult children love it--I order some of her great merchandise she has online and it's tip top.; [Anyone connected to Lucy Buffett is fun....]

Hell ... You could even call the folks at Flora Bama... Wink  LOL
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: August 03, 2010, 09:54:59 PM »

Hi Blue Moon and Ono

Janet

Hi Janet!! What's up--how's everything with you?   
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #207 on: August 03, 2010, 10:01:20 PM »

Blue Moon:

No condo this time.  Hubby wants to start at Best Western or Holiday Inn Exp on the beach before he will commit to a condo.  We usually stay with Brett-Robinson and I just got an email from them today but my husband says if oil shows up on the beach at least we won't be committed to a condo (stupid I know).  There are a lot of specials out there and I tried to tell him we need to take advantage of it.

This is truly sad---tell your husband it's not as bad as media has led everyone to believe.  Louisiana really got the brunt.  He won't need his hip boots---LOL.   You could even call Kaiser Realty---they always have excellent condos with maid service.  Call Shipwatch...either on the Gulf Side or across the highway on the Old River side which faces Ono Island... DON'T GO TO A MOTEL!!   
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: August 03, 2010, 10:01:34 PM »

Thanks Ono for the info, can't wait.  Need this trip more than you can know.  I have always told my son when we retire we are running away and he wouldn't know where we were.  He says, "Yea I would.  I can find you and Dad in Gulf Shores".

Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #209 on: August 03, 2010, 10:05:53 PM »

Thanks Ono for the info, can't wait.  Need this trip more than you can know.  I have always told my son when we retire we are running away and he wouldn't know where we were.  He says, "Yea I would.  I can find you and Dad in Gulf Shores".

LOL---I know exactly what you mean!!!!!!!!!!!  It's therapy for the soul.

Blue & Janet:  I gotta go for now... see ya!!  Nitey night ...   
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #210 on: August 03, 2010, 11:41:14 PM »

Ono and Blue Moon

I apologize for leaving so abruptly.  Neighbours dropped in for a quick visit.  The yak over a cuppa tea and goodies they brought was enjoyable.

Son and wife just returned from a four day stay in Alabama.  Hosts show them a great time.  Lots of fresh seafood and one beautiful beach.  Those two spoiled brats were flown over to New Orleans in a private twin engine plane compliments of their hosts.  This is where they spent the last two days of their trip.  Gumbo and Po Boys were where it was at for two meals.  I wished they had brought me home a couple of oil balls from the beach as a historical souvenier.  It appears that the oil spill has created a tourist industry all of its own.  The hotels were full.

The heat kinda got to them but ... the people of the Gulf region ... especially Alabama ... imply there will be a return trip to the region.

Blue Moon ... do the research that Ono suggests and ... then continue your yearly tradition.

an angelic monkey

Good Night

Janet
8:40 PM

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #211 on: August 04, 2010, 12:36:13 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/space/7819201/Nasa-warns-solar-flares-from-huge-space-storm-will-cause-devastation.html

Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation
Britain could face widespread power blackouts and be left without critical communication signals for long periods of time, after the earth is hit by a once-in-a-generation “space storm”, Nasa has warned.

National power grids could overheat and air travel severely disrupted while electronic items, navigation devices and major satellites could stop working after the Sun reaches its maximum power in a few years.

Senior space agency scientists believe the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares after the Sun wakes “from a deep slumber” sometime around 2013, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.

Related Articles

'Solar tsunami' may hit earth
      Russian space ship floating free
      Electrifying pictures
      Music of the sun recorded
      Nasa solar flare warning: an expert writes
      Meteor storm 'could damage Hubble and space station'

In a new warning, Nasa said the super storm would hit like “a bolt of lightning” and could cause catastrophic consequences for the world’s health, emergency services and national security unless precautions are taken.

Scientists believe it could damage everything from emergency services’ systems, hospital equipment, banking systems and air traffic control devices, through to “everyday” items such as home computers, iPods and Sat Navs.

Due to humans’ heavy reliance on electronic devices, which are sensitive to magnetic energy, the storm could leave a multi-billion pound damage bill and “potentially devastating” problems for governments.

“We know it is coming but we don’t know how bad it is going to be,” Dr Richard Fisher, the director of Nasa's Heliophysics division, said in an interview with The Daily Telegraph.

“It will disrupt communication devices such as satellites and car navigations, air travel, the banking system, our computers, everything that is electronic. It will cause major problems for the world.

“Large areas will be without electricity power and to repair that damage will be hard as that takes time.”

Dr Fisher added: “Systems will just not work. The flares change the magnetic field on the earth that is rapid and like a lightning bolt. That is the solar affect.”

A “space weather” conference in Washington DC last week, attended by Nasa scientists, policy-makers, researchers and government officials, was told of similar warnings.

While scientists have previously told of the dangers of the storm, Dr Fisher’s comments are the most comprehensive warnings from Nasa to date.

Dr Fisher, 69, said the storm, which will cause the Sun to reach temperatures of more than 10,000 F (5500C), occurred only a few times over a person’s life.

Every 22 years the Sun’s magnetic energy cycle peaks while the number of sun spots – or flares – hits a maximum level every 11 years.

Dr Fisher, a Nasa scientist for 20 years, said these two events would combine in 2013 to produce huge levels of radiation.

He said large swathes of the world could face being without power for several months, although he admitted that was unlikely.

A more likely scenario was that large areas, including northern Europe and Britain which have “fragile” power grids, would be without power and access to electronic devices for hours, possibly even days.

He said preparations were similar to those in a hurricane season, where authorities knew a problem was imminent but did not know how serious it would be.

“I think the issue is now that modern society is so dependant on electronics, mobile phones and satellites, much more so than the last time this occurred,” he said.

“There is a severe economic impact from this. We take it very seriously. The economic impact could be like a large, major hurricane or storm.”

The National Academy of Sciences warned two years ago that power grids, GPS navigation, air travel, financial services and emergency radio communications could “all be knocked out by intense solar activity”.

It warned a powerful solar storm could cause “twenty times more economic damage than Hurricane Katrina”. That storm devastated New Orleans in 2005 and left an estimated damage bill of more than $125bn (£85bn).

Dr Fisher said precautions could be taken including creating back up systems for hospitals and power grids and allow development on satellite “safe modes”.

“If you know that a hazard is coming … and you have time enough to prepare and take precautions, then you can avoid trouble,” he added.

His division, a department of the Science Mission Directorate at Nasa headquarters in Washington DC, which investigates the Sun’s influence on the earth, uses dozens of satellites to study the threat.

The government has said it was aware of the threat and “contingency plans were in place” to cope with the fall out from such a storm.

These included allowing for certain transformers at the edge of the National Grid to be temporarily switched off and to improve voltage levels throughout the network.

The National Risk Register, established in 2008 to identify different dangers to Britain, also has “comprehensive” plans on how to handle a complete outage of electricity supplies.

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
ospainter
Monkey Junky

Grandson in Ireland

« Reply #212 on: August 04, 2010, 12:37:30 AM »

Monkey Devil!

The Hotel Bill

My wife and I are traveling by car from Victoria to Prince George . Being Seniors, after almost eleven hours on the road, we were too tired to continue, and decided to take a room. But, we only planned to sleep for four hours and then get back on the road. When we checked out four hours later, the desk clerk handed us a bill for $350.00.

I explode and demanded to know why the charge is so high. I told the clerk although it's a nice hotel; the rooms certainly aren't worth $350.00 for four hours.  Then the clerk tells me that $350.00 is the 'standard rate'. I insisted on speaking to the Manager.

The Manager appears, listens to me, and then explains that the hotel has an Olympic-sized pool and a huge conference centre that were available for us to use. 'But we didn't use them," I said, ''Well, they are here, and you could have," explained the Manager.

He went on to explain that we could also have taken in one of the shows for which the hotel is famous. "We have the best entertainers from New York , Hollywood , and Las Vegas perform here," the Manager says.

"But we didn't go to any of those shows," I said. "Well, we have them, and you could have," the Manager replied.

No matter what amenity the Manager mentioned, I  replied, "But we didn't use it!"

The Manager is unmoved, and eventually I gave up and agreed to pay.

I wrote a check and gave it to the Manager.

The Manager is surprised when he looks at the check. "But sir, this check is only made out for $50.00." ''That's correct. I charged you $300.00 for sleeping with my wife," I replied.

"But I didn't!" exclaims the Manager.

I said, "Well, too bad,  she was here, and you could have."   

Don't mess with Senior Citizens

TY Klaas,

Too funny

OS

It's their lie they can tell it anyway they want.
Who, What, Where, When, How and Why
crazybabyborg
« Reply #213 on: August 04, 2010, 12:41:14 AM »

Ono, if you see this would you give me the lowdown on the beaches?  I am going to make my usual annual trip to Gulf Shores and heard they have lifted the no fishing zones and say the beaches are clear.  Let me know what your thoughts are on the situation there.  I just cannot stay away---being going there for the past 25 years.  Thanks.

Have a GREAT time, Blue Moon!!! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: August 04, 2010, 02:52:41 PM »

FYI - DON'T MISS TONIGHT'S DANA PRETZER SHOW!

Wednesday August 4th @ 9pm et

Guests.

Former DA and Author, NBC news analyst Robin Sax  www.robinsax.com discussing the Kyron Horman case and other high profile cases in the news.

Blink from the Crime Blog Blink On Crime www.blinkoncrime.com  discussing the Kyron Horman case and other high profile cases in the news.

The Dana Pretzer Show
www.scaredmonkeysradio.com
Ono
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2010, 03:58:48 PM »

Thanks Klaas!!

Blue Moon:

I shouldn't have 'yelled' in caps about motels ...lol...it's just that I prefer condos or the Perdido Beach Resort [ really love the Perdido Beach Resort--the service & food is excellent--especially Voyagers Restaurant ] !! 

The motels down there are perfectly fine.   Hope you have a blast!!!!!     

SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2010, 08:11:52 PM »

The donkey is safe.

Parasailing donkey to fly no more, enjoy good life
11 hours ago

MOSCOW — The parasailing donkey will never fly again and can look ahead to a life of luxury.

The female donkey Anapka arrived in Moscow on Wednesday after her brays of terror over a southern Russian beach last month prompted a British newspaper to step in and buy her.

A recreation company had sent Anapka up into the sky for about 30 minutes for a promotional stunt and the YouTube video of her trip made headlines around the world. Upset readers of the The Sun had urged the newspaper to rescue her.

"Our readers were deeply moved," Sun correspondent Garry O'Shea told the Associated Press. "We were contacted by thousands of readers. They wanted us to ensure the well-being of this animal."

Anapka traveled from her small town by the Azov Sea to the Kremlin riding school outside Moscow, where her arrival was filmed by news cameras. The donkey was quickly surrounded by reporters and onlookers eager to stroke her.

The riding school's chief veterinarian, Arina Stepanova, said the 17-year-old donkey was tired after her journey but showed no signs of serious illness.

Her new owners, meanwhile, are reviewing different options for a new home.

Harry Redknapp, coach of England's Tottenham Hotspur football club, has volunteered to shelter the donkey in an animal sanctuary he is opening in Hampshire, O'Shea said.

The Sun also has received numerous offers to adopt Anapka, he said.

2 4 1
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2010, 08:55:05 PM »

Thank you for the update on Anapka the donkey, SuzieQ.  The publicity stunt was very cruel in my opinion.  I hope Anapka knows only love and kindness for the rest of her life.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2010, 10:51:21 PM »

http://www.**/articles/2010/07/31/news_state/nt153state42pertusis10.txt

Whooping cough found in Amish community
Advertisement

Published: Saturday, July 31, 2010 5:21 AM CDT
MEXICO, Mo. (AP) -- Health officials have identified six cases of whooping cough among a northeast Missouri Amish community in the past week.

The first Audrain County case was diagnosed July 23 and the other five were confirmed the next day. Whooping cough, or pertussis, has symptoms that are similar to a common cold and can be highly contagious.

Health officials say about one-fourth of the 82 pertussis cases reported over the past month in Missouri involve children less than a year old.

They say the best way to avoid whooping cough is to be vaccinated against the disease, which can cause severe illness or even death if left untreated.

OS

They also say the reason there is a correlation between the nil numbers of Amish with autism is due to not being vaccinated.  I have not done research on this but have read articles from people who did, so please don't take this as gospel..

Bearlyhere

Logic dictates comparative research with groups that oppose immunization should be where it is at!  Can you direct me to any research that has been conducted in this area.

Thank you.

Janet

There is a lot written on it, so much, I would suggest doing your own research, I have attended 16 years of lectures and classes and don't want to sway your own detective work.  I also would not want to push you in any direction. I googled Amish autism.  Here is the first one:
http://www.whale.to/vaccine/olmsted.html

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: August 05, 2010, 07:54:36 AM »

Thank you for the update on Anapka the donkey, SuzieQ.  The publicity stunt was very cruel in my opinion.  I hope Anapka knows only love and kindness for the rest of her life.   

Me too!  It really burns my butt when anybody or any animal is taken advantage of and is helpless to do anything about it.  I would not have blamed the animal for taking a bite out of the person who did this, then the poor animal would have been in trouble for defending itself.

Good luck Anapka.

I still question the humans who thought this would be okay.  They should be evaluated.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.