April 19, 2024, 05:55:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #55 6/18/10 - 9/30/10  (Read 298913 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: August 26, 2010, 06:21:39 PM »

crazybabyborg
« Reply #521 on: August 26, 2010, 10:35:15 PM »

YEAH!!!! More San from San Diego Pictures!!!   

I've always wanted to go to the San Diego Zoo, and now, vicariously, I can!!! I love the elephants!! Is that a Polar Bear behind the water? Is it cold enough for him? 

Have a fabulous time, San!!   
crazybabyborg
« Reply #522 on: August 26, 2010, 10:53:48 PM »

I'm confused. Maybe the bottom one is what she chose for the bridesmaid's dresses. I know the top one isn't, but the maid of honor will wear that eggplant color that has a little of the light green in a sash or something.

I love the colors CBB

Whew! I'm so glad! She let her sister pick first any dress she wanted, and she chose the eggplant color. Then she wanted to find a complimentary color for the bridesmaids. She brought me swatches and was leaning toward turquoise, so I got busy and started sending her pictures of dresses I could find online in that light green, and she liked it better. She chose the style on her own and did a great job. It's funny, but there are pieces she's really comfortable and enthusiastic with, like the cake and her dress. She honestly wants to be surprised with the church decorations as long as I do it. She's drug me to 3 "tastings" for caterers and I don't know and haven't asked where her Mom is. I've decided to just feel fortunate that she asks me to do this with her. I don't have a daughter so I wouldn't be able to ever do it otherwise! I've never met my son's future in laws, so I suppose we'll have lots to talk about at the rehearsal dinner! 
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #523 on: August 26, 2010, 11:37:05 PM »

HEY, HEY, HEY!!! I've got an idea!!!!   

I think I'll post a picture of the Chapel and YOU GUYS can help me figure out how to decorate it!!!! They are paying for it themselves....... I'm helping a little because it's all I can do right now, but nobody has a pro to help, so I figure that Monkeys are a pro at everything, right? Go figure, the bride to be looked straight at me and said, "Oh, please! You do the decorating! I trust you and I want to be surprised!"     

I'm so tempted to do a Halloween motif. Think that would surprise her?   

CBB do you have this site? A lot of ideas on decorating a church, plus a lot more.
Most you can do your self, or not. LOL Get a lot of thier friends together, and you being the designer, just tell them what to do.

http://www.wedding-flowers-and-reception-ideas.com/index.html

2 4 1
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #524 on: August 27, 2010, 03:55:56 AM »

Hi Cookie!  My son is getting married in May. 

GE? These aren't the dresses, but these are the colors. Yeah, orange and black would be a definite clash! 

Those two colors look gorgeous together - it's going to be a beautiful wedding!!!  We will need to see lots of pics!!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #525 on: August 27, 2010, 03:57:02 AM »

I think I'll post a picture of the Chapel and YOU GUYS can help me figure out how to decorate it!!!! They are paying for it themselves....... I'm helping a little because it's all I can do right now, but nobody has a pro to help, so I figure that Monkeys are a pro at everything, right? Go figure, the bride to be looked straight at me and said, "Oh, please! You do the decorating! I trust you and I want to be surprised!"     

CBB do you have this site? A lot of ideas on decorating a church, plus a lot more.
Most you can do your self, or not. LOL Get a lot of thier friends together, and you being the designer, just tell them what to do.

Suzie - great site!  I love the flowers!!
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #526 on: August 27, 2010, 04:34:23 AM »

I love the Calla's for centerpieces.......
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #527 on: August 27, 2010, 06:28:59 AM »

I love the Zoo pictures.  San Thank you for sharing and Klaas thank you for posting the pics from San. It's been years since I have been to the San Diego Zoo.  Glad you are having a good time San.  I like the lion sleeping with it's tongue sticking out. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #528 on: August 27, 2010, 06:32:40 AM »

Hi Cookie!  My son is getting married in May. 

GE? These aren't the dresses, but these are the colors. Yeah, orange and black would be a definite clash! 

I love the colors CBB. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #529 on: August 27, 2010, 06:42:35 AM »

Loved the site SusieQ There are lots of wonderful ideas.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #530 on: August 27, 2010, 06:45:30 AM »

I'm confused. Maybe the bottom one is what she chose for the bridesmaid's dresses. I know the top one isn't, but the maid of honor will wear that eggplant color that has a little of the light green in a sash or something.

I love the colors CBB

Whew! I'm so glad! She let her sister pick first any dress she wanted, and she chose the eggplant color. Then she wanted to find a complimentary color for the bridesmaids. She brought me swatches and was leaning toward turquoise, so I got busy and started sending her pictures of dresses I could find online in that light green, and she liked it better. She chose the style on her own and did a great job. It's funny, but there are pieces she's really comfortable and enthusiastic with, like the cake and her dress. She honestly wants to be surprised with the church decorations as long as I do it. She's drug me to 3 "tastings" for caterers and I don't know and haven't asked where her Mom is. I've decided to just feel fortunate that she asks me to do this with her. I don't have a daughter so I wouldn't be able to ever do it otherwise! I've never met my son's future in laws, so I suppose we'll have lots to talk about at the rehearsal dinner! 

CBB you are going to have so much fun. That's wonderful that your future DIL has ask you to do this. I agree with KCJackie we want to see lots of pictures.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #531 on: August 27, 2010, 02:27:50 PM »

From SAN - Padre's Stadium in San Diego 

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: August 27, 2010, 03:29:23 PM »

Today San went to the GasLamp District, it's right near the Padre's Stadium:

« Last Edit: August 27, 2010, 07:53:58 PM by klaasend » Logged
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: August 28, 2010, 12:54:37 AM »

The table in the last picture was priced at $9,000.
crazybabyborg
« Reply #534 on: August 28, 2010, 01:15:18 AM »

The table in the last picture was priced at $9,000.

And you picked up how many, San?   

What have you enjoyed the most, so far? I'd have a hard time choosing, I think!! The pictures are great! Thanks for sharing them San, and thanks for posting them, Klaas!! 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #535 on: August 28, 2010, 01:24:34 AM »

My furbaby is once again full of stitches.  She had another growth on her rear leg. The last one was Stage 2 cancer, so they aggresively removed this one and sent it off for testing. The incision is 5-6 times the size of the growth, so I know they tried hard. It could take as long as 2 weeks to get the results, but the objective is to get margins that are free from cancer cells. She's doing well and isn't limping badly. I'm hoping that remains true and it's not just the numbing.

I know many of you have 4 legged "children" and understand. Keep a good thought for KuBear? Thx, Monkeys!
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #536 on: August 28, 2010, 01:59:25 AM »

My furbaby is once again full of stitches.  She had another growth on her rear leg. The last one was Stage 2 cancer, so they aggresively removed this one and sent it off for testing. The incision is 5-6 times the size of the growth, so I know they tried hard. It could take as long as 2 weeks to get the results, but the objective is to get margins that are free from cancer cells. She's doing well and isn't limping badly. I'm hoping that remains true and it's not just the numbing.

I know many of you have 4 legged "children" and understand. Keep a good thought for KuBear? Thx, Monkeys!

Prayers and good thoughts for KuBear.

2 4 1
crazybabyborg
« Reply #537 on: August 28, 2010, 02:03:25 AM »

Prayers and good thoughts for KuBear.

Awwwww, Thank you Suzie!!!   
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #538 on: August 28, 2010, 02:19:18 AM »

Sending lots of prayers Ku's way....
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #539 on: August 28, 2010, 03:46:02 AM »

Sending prayers for Ku and hugs for you CBB.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.