March 28, 2024, 04:40:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #55 6/18/10 - 9/30/10  (Read 297793 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #560 on: August 29, 2010, 03:28:50 PM »

Yes if you are selling a foal they want to see both parents if available.  There is so much info available on the pedigrees of Miniature Horses it is pretty easy to follow blood lines.  Even if you find a stallion else where to breed to it should be easy to trace that horses bloodline.

Thank-you.

Do horse have their own little personalities?  Are some horse more stubborn than others?  Do horses get attached to a person

or a dog?  My father loved horses and cared for a couple of horses. He went to the service, came back, visited the two horses
he cared for and the horses put their head on my fathers shoulder. I guess horses do miss people Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #561 on: August 29, 2010, 04:24:41 PM »

Just wanted to thank Klaas for helping me with my email/login info.

I actually started to cry when I couldn't login, and could only figure out in my addled state of mine, that I had typed in my new 'throwaway' address wrong.

I was already having a bad day, as the day before yesterday I found on of my dogs had been attacked through the night, so I brought him inside, cleaned his wounds and thought he would be alright.

It has happened before, and the other dog was a big old pit bull mix, who I actually kind of felt sorry for as he looked like he was starving.  I repaired the fence and thought he had been deterred, and hadn't seen him in over 3 months. [I actually don't know if it was even that dog, or a wild critter.]

Well, yesterday when I got up, he did not want to get up or even eat his breakfast. I had a few errands to run and when i came home, he had passed away.

Now I can hardly walk out in my backyard, because I expect to see him acting all goofy, bouncing around with one of his toys waiting to play.

Sorry for going on and on everyone, just had to talk to someone. My son is in Charlotte visiting his Dad, and it is just my critters and I here for a while.

Thanks for listening.  an angelic monkey

NCSunny

Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #562 on: August 29, 2010, 05:27:22 PM »

I actually started to cry when I couldn't login, and could only figure out in my addled state of mine, that I had typed in my new 'throwaway' address wrong.

I was already having a bad day, as the day before yesterday I found on of my dogs had been attacked through the night, so I brought him inside, cleaned his wounds and thought he would be alright.

It has happened before, and the other dog was a big old pit bull mix, who I actually kind of felt sorry for as he looked like he was starving.  I repaired the fence and thought he had been deterred, and hadn't seen him in over 3 months. [I actually don't know if it was even that dog, or a wild critter.]

Well, yesterday when I got up, he did not want to get up or even eat his breakfast. I had a few errands to run and when i came home, he had passed away.

Now I can hardly walk out in my backyard, because I expect to see him acting all goofy, bouncing around with one of his toys waiting to play.

Sorry for going on and on everyone, just had to talk to someone. My son is in Charlotte visiting his Dad, and it is just my critters and I here for a while.

Sunny I am so sorry to hear this.  I know it is breaking your heart.  I know you did everything you could for your dog.  Hugs!  for you.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #563 on: August 29, 2010, 05:32:11 PM »

Yes if you are selling a foal they want to see both parents if available.  There is so much info available on the pedigrees of Miniature Horses it is pretty easy to follow blood lines.  Even if you find a stallion else where to breed to it should be easy to trace that horses bloodline.

Thank-you.

Do horse have their own little personalities?  Are some horse more stubborn than others?  Do horses get attached to a person

or a dog?  My father loved horses and cared for a couple of horses. He went to the service, came back, visited the two horses
he cared for and the horses put their head on my fathers shoulder. I guess horses do miss people Smile

Absolutely they have their own little personalities.  I have five and each is very sweet but very different.  Yes they know when we are hurting and do their best to comfort.  The more time you spend with them the better they will know your moods.  They don't mind at all if you wipe your tears all over them. 

I will also say that I used to ride the big horses but got hurt. No that I have the little ones I wouldn't go back because they are between a horse and a dog personality wise.  However, that said it can be very trying to clean their barn when you have three of them standing around in there watching while in the way.  They will lift a foot so you can clean under it though.  Also they can have some real silly moments.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #564 on: August 29, 2010, 06:03:03 PM »

NCSunny,

I am so sorry about your loss. I am sending you a favorite song: Richard Blandon, This To Me is Love. Mr.Blandon passed
away, he left us with a little love  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnGQgbb_Als

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #565 on: August 29, 2010, 06:35:33 PM »

I am out of town and have been since Thursday.  My cousin passed away (I called her Aunt or Sister--she was a nun).  Those of you who have known me and through me, my son, might like to know my son was pall bearer at her funeral.  He was wonderful, I have never been so proud of him, he was so incredibly gentle when he carried her, you would think he had a baby in his hands.

My brother called my Dad to tell him how well people responded to my son and how personable he is.  This is a first for my brother.  The people we were with knew my son and pray for him.

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, and good wishes.  They mean more than you know.

As you know, people like my son are very honest.  I wish I could remember all he said.

"This is my first dead body."

"I don't like being in church."  (Why?)  "Because the music sound like a Dracula movie from the 1950's and it makes me feel creepy."

"Is she still your cousin?"  (Yes)  "Then why does everyone keep saying she WAS your cousin?"

"If she isn't your cousin now that she is dead, and your Grandmother was her cousin when Sister was still alive, is your Grandmother now her cousin again now that they are both dead?"

Don't forget the prognosis from the school district was that my son would never talk and would never understand anything I ever said.

I wish I could remember other things he said, one had my Dad rolling for a good couple of minutes.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Bearly  an angelic monkey May your cousin rest in Peace.  Prayers to you all at this time of sorrow. She is in Gods Loving arms now.
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your son with us. It never fails when I am feeling like I at my wits end for what life has thrown my way. You come on and share the wonder of your son.  And I sit here with tears of joy for you both. God Bless you both.  How wonderful that he got to be a palbearer for your cousin. You should be proud you have done a wonderful job raising him. I am happy for you both.   an angelic monkey

GE, thank you.  The miracle comes from God in answer to all the prayers received for my son.  I have been guided completely by God's hands.  (God knows I need 3 signs for everything and has had unending patience with me).  We have not gone the traditional route, instead going the way of relationships and treating symptoms individually, rather than as a whole.  It worked for us, but I could have never done it without prayers from the Monkeys.  Many of you have not hesitated going right to prayer and have never said a word, others have held my hand through the last 5 + years.

The one thing that has not changed is the way he blurts out the truth, as he sees it.  I never know what is going to come out of his mouth.  Fortunately, he is not a mean soul and it is merely observation, some of which the adults are thinking, but didn't dare say.

I read most of your email to my son, he told me to say, Thank you!

A miracle is the only explanation.  I cannot thank you enough.

xo

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #566 on: August 29, 2010, 06:39:27 PM »

TY Lazydog & Seahorse,

I really appreciate it.

Sea - thank you for sharing! I was going to burn a cd today, but didn't have enough songs. I will add this to it and will always think of Devil [that is his name, explains his personality...exactly]

Again, thank you.

NCSunny

NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #567 on: August 29, 2010, 06:42:39 PM »

My daughter sent me this link [she is trying to keep my mind occupied...i think] and I thought I would share... it is too weird.

I really think the world has gone mad.

http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2010/08/27/Restaurant-seeks-donations-of-human-flesh/UPI-94071282938242/

NCSunny

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #568 on: August 29, 2010, 06:45:15 PM »

Oh, NCSunny, I am so sorry for your loss.  Your fur baby sounds like he had a wonderful personality and will be greatly missed.  What a tragic thing to happen.  On top of that, you had the frustration of not being able to sign in here.  You are here now and among friends.

I also read your email to my son who is planning on coming to capture the animal who did this to your pup.

Our hearts go out to you, we will be praying for you and you, of course, will be in our thoughts.

(((((((NC Sunny)))))))

Peace to you.

I believe in miracles!
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #569 on: August 29, 2010, 07:38:28 PM »

That doesn't surprise me abut your grandparents.  Having bred miniature horses and known so many others who do. When you are breeding for pinto patterns it isn't unusual to breed a solid mare or stallion that have pinto in their genetic makeup and get a wild colored foal.  When breeding these critters it is extremely important to go back a few generations to see what the genetics are.   I believe it is the same with humans and all animals.

One of my brothers is much taller than the rest of us.  I was just measured on Friday at the Drs and I'm a big whopping 5' 3 1/4" tall.  Most of the boys are between 5' 10" and 5' 11" this one brother is 6' 1" tall.  My Gpa was 6' 2" tall.  That's where he got his height as my father was only about 5' 7" tall and my mother was 5' 3".  My one and only sister however was only 5ft tall   .  Genetics are really fun when you get involved researching the same.

Not me, Lazydog--My family scares me enough already.

Wrong is wrong, even if everybody does it.
Right is right, even if nobody does it. ~ Unknown
Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #570 on: August 29, 2010, 07:40:50 PM »

Oh, NCSunny, I am so sorry for your loss.  Your fur baby sounds like he had a wonderful personality and will be greatly missed.  What a tragic thing to happen.  On top of that, you had the frustration of not being able to sign in here.  You are here now and among friends.

I also read your email to my son who is planning on coming to capture the animal who did this to your pup.

Our hearts go out to you, we will be praying for you and you, of course, will be in our thoughts.

(((((((NC Sunny)))))))

Peace to you.

NCSunny.  We become so attached to our pets and it's so heartbreaking when one of them leaves us.  I'm sorry this happened.  My ideas of heaven is that every dog I  ever loved will come running out to meet me jumping up and down like, "Where you been?" 

Babybear
Monkey Junky

« Reply #571 on: August 29, 2010, 07:43:20 PM »

I am out of town and have been since Thursday.  My cousin passed away (I called her Aunt or Sister--she was a nun).  Those of you who have known me and through me, my son, might like to know my son was pall bearer at her funeral.  He was wonderful, I have never been so proud of him, he was so incredibly gentle when he carried her, you would think he had a baby in his hands.

My brother called my Dad to tell him how well people responded to my son and how personable he is.  This is a first for my brother.  The people we were with knew my son and pray for him.

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, and good wishes.  They mean more than you know.

As you know, people like my son are very honest.  I wish I could remember all he said.

"This is my first dead body."

"I don't like being in church."  (Why?)  "Because the music sound like a Dracula movie from the 1950's and it makes me feel creepy."

"Is she still your cousin?"  (Yes)  "Then why does everyone keep saying she WAS your cousin?"

"If she isn't your cousin now that she is dead, and your Grandmother was her cousin when Sister was still alive, is your Grandmother now her cousin again now that they are both dead?"

Don't forget the prognosis from the school district was that my son would never talk and would never understand anything I ever said.

I wish I could remember other things he said, one had my Dad rolling for a good couple of minutes.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Bearly  an angelic monkey May your cousin rest in Peace.  Prayers to you all at this time of sorrow. She is in Gods Loving arms now.
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your son with us. It never fails when I am feeling like I at my wits end for what life has thrown my way. You come on and share the wonder of your son.  And I sit here with tears of joy for you both. God Bless you both.  How wonderful that he got to be a palbearer for your cousin. You should be proud you have done a wonderful job raising him. I am happy for you both.   an angelic monkey

GE, thank you.  The miracle comes from God in answer to all the prayers received for my son.  I have been guided completely by God's hands.  (God knows I need 3 signs for everything and has had unending patience with me).  We have not gone the traditional route, instead going the way of relationships and treating symptoms individually, rather than as a whole.  It worked for us, but I could have never done it without prayers from the Monkeys.  Many of you have not hesitated going right to prayer and have never said a word, others have held my hand through the last 5 + years.

The one thing that has not changed is the way he blurts out the truth, as he sees it.  I never know what is going to come out of his mouth.  Fortunately, he is not a mean soul and it is merely observation, some of which the adults are thinking, but didn't dare say.

I read most of your email to my son, he told me to say, Thank you!

A miracle is the only explanation.  I cannot thank you enough.

xo

Bearly--so sorry for your loss.  I have a nephew who is autistic but doesn't speak.  He's a very dear boy, though.  It truly was a miracle about your son after the dire prognosis from his school.  Mothers know more than school districts and you and your son are proof.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #572 on: August 29, 2010, 09:14:29 PM »

TY Lazydog & Seahorse,

I really appreciate it.

Sea - thank you for sharing! I was going to burn a cd today, but didn't have enough songs. I will add this to it and will always think of Devil [that is his name, explains his personality...exactly]

Again, thank you.

NCSunny,

When I light a candle, I will ask the Good Lord to bless little Devil Dog.  an angelic monkey 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #573 on: August 29, 2010, 09:18:43 PM »

Thank-you.

Absolutely they have their own little personalities.  I have five and each is very sweet but very different.  Yes they know when we are hurting and do their best to comfort.  The more time you spend with them the better they will know your moods.  They don't mind at all if you wipe your tears all over them. 

I will also say that I used to ride the big horses but got hurt. No that I have the little ones I wouldn't go back because they are between a horse and a dog personality wise.  However, that said it can be very trying to clean their barn when you have three of them standing around in there watching while in the way.  They will lift a foot so you can clean under it though.  Also they can have some real silly moments.

Thank-you, are they mischievious?  The Pinto's have a sense of humor, being silly?  I read where dogs have a sense of humor
and I questioned it, I understand now how animals do have a wit or mischievious fun personalities. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #574 on: August 29, 2010, 11:21:51 PM »

Thank-you.

Thank-you, are they mischievious?  The Pinto's have a sense of humor, being silly?  I read where dogs have a sense of humor
and I questioned it, I understand now how animals do have a wit or mischievious fun personalities. 

Yes they are very mischievous. They are also silly.  My stallion will do silly things while I am watching him and laughing. The more I laugh the more silly he gets.  He is an extremely sweet loving little guy.  He guards his son like he is a little foal but he is actually 5yo this year.  That's his boy and by God nobody better mess with him.  They are great little horses and friends.

Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #575 on: August 29, 2010, 11:28:08 PM »

This is a picture of my stallion.  I have owned him for 15yrs and will never part with him.

This is me driving him this summer.

He takes good care of whoever is setting in the cart.  He is very cautious. 

Obviously I love him a lot.

crazybabyborg
« Reply #576 on: August 30, 2010, 03:14:53 AM »

Your Stallion is beautiful, Lazydog1!! He looks well loved!!

This is just too good not to share........... trying to start this week out with a good laugh!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nGRKTkS7pW8?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/nGRKTkS7pW8?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #577 on: August 30, 2010, 03:28:11 AM »

CBB  I loved it. No it's NOORTH.  And does he drop the child off and she ask Where?    That is just to funny.  Thank you for the laugh.

Hope you are doing okay. Hows Kubear doing. Prayers for you both. an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #578 on: August 30, 2010, 03:48:34 AM »

This was sent to me. Good for a laugh.

Don't send your Husband to the Store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-YFRUSTiFUs#t=65

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #579 on: August 30, 2010, 04:53:46 AM »

Bearly, my thoughts and prayers  an angelic monkey  KuBear and CBB my prayers that everything will be fine  an angelic monkey

Thanks, No Rose.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.