April 25, 2024, 07:24:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #55 6/18/10 - 9/30/10  (Read 299212 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #580 on: August 30, 2010, 05:04:29 AM »

I am out of town and have been since Thursday.  My cousin passed away (I called her Aunt or Sister--she was a nun).  Those of you who have known me and through me, my son, might like to know my son was pall bearer at her funeral.  He was wonderful, I have never been so proud of him, he was so incredibly gentle when he carried her, you would think he had a baby in his hands.

My brother called my Dad to tell him how well people responded to my son and how personable he is.  This is a first for my brother.  The people we were with knew my son and pray for him.

Thank you all for your prayers, thoughts, and good wishes.  They mean more than you know.

As you know, people like my son are very honest.  I wish I could remember all he said.

"This is my first dead body."

"I don't like being in church."  (Why?)  "Because the music sound like a Dracula movie from the 1950's and it makes me feel creepy."

"Is she still your cousin?"  (Yes)  "Then why does everyone keep saying she WAS your cousin?"

"If she isn't your cousin now that she is dead, and your Grandmother was her cousin when Sister was still alive, is your Grandmother now her cousin again now that they are both dead?"

Don't forget the prognosis from the school district was that my son would never talk and would never understand anything I ever said.

I wish I could remember other things he said, one had my Dad rolling for a good couple of minutes.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Bearly  an angelic monkey May your cousin rest in Peace.  Prayers to you all at this time of sorrow. She is in Gods Loving arms now.
I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your son with us. It never fails when I am feeling like I at my wits end for what life has thrown my way. You come on and share the wonder of your son.  And I sit here with tears of joy for you both. God Bless you both.  How wonderful that he got to be a palbearer for your cousin. You should be proud you have done a wonderful job raising him. I am happy for you both.   an angelic monkey

GE, thank you.  The miracle comes from God in answer to all the prayers received for my son.  I have been guided completely by God's hands.  (God knows I need 3 signs for everything and has had unending patience with me).  We have not gone the traditional route, instead going the way of relationships and treating symptoms individually, rather than as a whole.  It worked for us, but I could have never done it without prayers from the Monkeys.  Many of you have not hesitated going right to prayer and have never said a word, others have held my hand through the last 5 + years.

The one thing that has not changed is the way he blurts out the truth, as he sees it.  I never know what is going to come out of his mouth.  Fortunately, he is not a mean soul and it is merely observation, some of which the adults are thinking, but didn't dare say.

I read most of your email to my son, he told me to say, Thank you!

A miracle is the only explanation.  I cannot thank you enough.

xo

Bearly--so sorry for your loss.  I have a nephew who is autistic but doesn't speak.  He's a very dear boy, though.  It truly was a miracle about your son after the dire prognosis from his school.  Mothers know more than school districts and you and your son are proof.

Thanks, BB

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #581 on: August 30, 2010, 05:08:15 AM »

This is a picture of my stallion.  I have owned him for 15yrs and will never part with him.

This is me driving him this summer.

He takes good care of whoever is setting in the cart.  He is very cautious. 

Obviously I love him a lot.

Oh, he is beautiful.   He also appears to be very proud to be trusted with his passenger.

I believe in miracles!
NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #582 on: August 30, 2010, 05:11:37 AM »

Just wanted to thank Klaas for helping me with my email/login info.

I actually started to cry when I couldn't login, and could only figure out in my addled state of mine, that I had typed in my new 'throwaway' address wrong.

I was already having a bad day, as the day before yesterday I found on of my dogs had been attacked through the night, so I brought him inside, cleaned his wounds and thought he would be alright.

It has happened before, and the other dog was a big old pit bull mix, who I actually kind of felt sorry for as he looked like he was starving.  I repaired the fence and thought he had been deterred, and hadn't seen him in over 3 months. [I actually don't know if it was even that dog, or a wild critter.]

Well, yesterday when I got up, he did not want to get up or even eat his breakfast. I had a few errands to run and when i came home, he had passed away.

Now I can hardly walk out in my backyard, because I expect to see him acting all goofy, bouncing around with one of his toys waiting to play.

Sorry for going on and on everyone, just had to talk to someone. My son is in Charlotte visiting his Dad, and it is just my critters and I here for a while.

Thanks for listening.  an angelic monkey

Oh, NCSunny, I am so sorry for your loss.  Your fur baby sounds like he had a wonderful personality and will be greatly missed.  What a tragic thing to happen.  On top of that, you had the frustration of not being able to sign in here.  You are here now and among friends.

I also read your email to my son who is planning on coming to capture the animal who did this to your pup.

Our hearts go out to you, we will be praying for you and you, of course, will be in our thoughts.

(((((((NC Sunny)))))))

Peace to you.

TY Bearly, I really appreciate your kind words, and thank your son for me! He sounds like a wonderful, caring child and that seems to be rare these days.

I have no doubt that if my son were here, he would have camped out to try to find out what might have done this.

Again, thank you.

an angelic monkey

NCSunny

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #583 on: August 30, 2010, 06:35:56 AM »

Just wanted to thank Klaas for helping me with my email/login info.

I actually started to cry when I couldn't login, and could only figure out in my addled state of mine, that I had typed in my new 'throwaway' address wrong.

I was already having a bad day, as the day before yesterday I found on of my dogs had been attacked through the night, so I brought him inside, cleaned his wounds and thought he would be alright.

It has happened before, and the other dog was a big old pit bull mix, who I actually kind of felt sorry for as he looked like he was starving.  I repaired the fence and thought he had been deterred, and hadn't seen him in over 3 months. [I actually don't know if it was even that dog, or a wild critter.]

Well, yesterday when I got up, he did not want to get up or even eat his breakfast. I had a few errands to run and when i came home, he had passed away.

Now I can hardly walk out in my backyard, because I expect to see him acting all goofy, bouncing around with one of his toys waiting to play.

Sorry for going on and on everyone, just had to talk to someone. My son is in Charlotte visiting his Dad, and it is just my critters and I here for a while.

Thanks for listening.  an angelic monkey

Oh, NCSunny, I am so sorry for your loss.  Your fur baby sounds like he had a wonderful personality and will be greatly missed.  What a tragic thing to happen.  On top of that, you had the frustration of not being able to sign in here.  You are here now and among friends.

I also read your email to my son who is planning on coming to capture the animal who did this to your pup.

Our hearts go out to you, we will be praying for you and you, of course, will be in our thoughts.

(((((((NC Sunny)))))))

Peace to you.

TY Bearly, I really appreciate your kind words, and thank your son for me! He sounds like a wonderful, caring child and that seems to be rare these days.

I have no doubt that if my son were here, he would have camped out to try to find out what might have done this.

Again, thank you.

an angelic monkey

You are welcome, from both of us.

an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #584 on: August 30, 2010, 06:37:49 AM »

This was sent to me. Good for a laugh.

Don't send your Husband to the Store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=-YFRUSTiFUs#t=65

I could not get this to play for me.

Sad

I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #585 on: August 30, 2010, 09:40:07 AM »

Sad

It didn't work for me either.  Try this 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-YFRUSTiFUs?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/-YFRUSTiFUs?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #586 on: August 30, 2010, 11:32:02 AM »

LOL, Thank-you for the video. I need to look-up the recipe for 7up Pound cake.

"MonkeyKing" originally posted this amusing video, between two lion cubs and a monkey, IDK if she posted it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IALJXP8LaS4

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #587 on: August 30, 2010, 11:34:00 AM »

This is a picture of my stallion.  I have owned him for 15yrs and will never part with him.

Oh, he is beautiful.   He also appears to be very proud to be trusted with his passenger.

Lazydog1,

Beautiful!  The pinto doesn't have any braids in this picture. Do you braid the Pinto's hair only for birthday parties?  Smile

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #588 on: August 30, 2010, 11:51:34 AM »

Lazydog1,

Beautiful!  The pinto doesn't have any braids in this picture. Do you braid the Pinto's hair only for birthday parties?  Smile

sorry Seahorse he doesn't do Birthday Parties that is my Mare Ariel.  He has had his forelock  his mane and tail braided at times.  Now when we drive him we make sure his forelock is braided to keep it under control in the headstall. 

We are getting ready now to throw a little saddle on his chubby cubby son and get him use to that so he can learn to do Bday Parties also.  He is only a 5yo and ready to learn a job. 

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #589 on: August 30, 2010, 12:36:25 PM »

Sad

It didn't work for me either.  Try this 

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/-YFRUSTiFUs?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/-YFRUSTiFUs?fs=1&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>

Thank you Klaas

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #590 on: August 30, 2010, 02:51:08 PM »

Is anyone else having problems accessing Hotmail?  I can't even get to the website, I get an error.  I know that they wanted people to use either IE or Chrome to access Hotmail and now I'm wondering if they have totally blocked people using Firefox?

I found a way around it, I downloaded Firefox's program Thunderbird and linked it to my hotmail email addy so at least I'm still able to get my emails.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #591 on: August 30, 2010, 02:59:47 PM »

Is anyone else having problems accessing Hotmail?  I can't even get to the website, I get an error.  I know that they wanted people to use either IE or Chrome to access Hotmail and now I'm wondering if they have totally blocked people using Firefox?

I found a way around it, I downloaded Firefox's program Thunderbird and linked it to my hotmail email addy so at least I'm still able to get my emails.

I'm using Firefox and can get to Hotmail, no problem.  So far... 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #592 on: August 30, 2010, 03:03:36 PM »

Mozilla's been acting up a little bit for me in other ways, intermittently.  I've used Chrome before and had no probs.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #593 on: August 30, 2010, 03:14:55 PM »

Mozilla's been acting up a little bit for me in other ways, intermittently.  I've used Chrome before and had no probs.

I have used them all...IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, etc.

I prefer Firefox and I'm not going to change for the sake of Hotmail.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #594 on: August 30, 2010, 03:20:18 PM »

I have used them all...IE, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, etc.

I prefer Firefox and I'm not going to change for the sake of Hotmail.

I prefer Firefox too.   

Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #595 on: August 30, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »

I've been on there many times today and I use Firefox. No problem so far today.  Oh my Klaas what did you do. 

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #596 on: August 30, 2010, 03:43:48 PM »

Not sure but I just had an automatic windows update and I suspect one may have to do with the other.  I'm still running XP and Microsoft would rather people upgrade to Windows 7.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #597 on: August 30, 2010, 04:14:40 PM »

Not sure but I just had an automatic windows update and I suspect one may have to do with the other.  I'm still running XP and Microsoft would rather people upgrade to Windows 7.

I'm using Windows 7 and Firefox now.

Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #598 on: August 30, 2010, 07:59:08 PM »

Not sure but I just had an automatic windows update and I suspect one may have to do with the other.  I'm still running XP and Microsoft would rather people upgrade to Windows 7.

Just curious Klaas have you upgraded to service pk 3.  I just had to do that recently before I could hook up a new wireless router system in my home.  It really improved the speed of my puter also.  We have a limited time to do that upgrade and it is free thru microsoft.

Just wondering

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #599 on: August 30, 2010, 09:24:19 PM »

Not sure but I just had an automatic windows update and I suspect one may have to do with the other.  I'm still running XP and Microsoft would rather people upgrade to Windows 7.

Just curious Klaas have you upgraded to service pk 3.  I just had to do that recently before I could hook up a new wireless router system in my home.  It really improved the speed of my puter also.  We have a limited time to do that upgrade and it is free thru microsoft.

Just wondering

Not sure, I think so.  I'll check  

Yep I have service pack 3
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 09:26:27 PM by klaasend » Logged
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.