April 25, 2024, 06:50:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #55 6/18/10 - 9/30/10  (Read 299209 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #620 on: September 02, 2010, 09:50:07 PM »

www.findagrave.com may be helpful in a interment search.

SSN search engine data begins in 1960 I was told by a genealogist.
If a person died in 1959 they would not be on the SSN search engine. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #621 on: September 02, 2010, 09:58:08 PM »

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#r=0&p=allCollections

You can fish around on the above site.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #622 on: September 02, 2010, 10:05:54 PM »

Hi seahorse    It's really kind of you to share your resources.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #623 on: September 02, 2010, 10:16:20 PM »

Hi Muffybee 

I have a big nose and floppy ears - I should be a dog.  The dogwag is perfect for me.  T.Y.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #624 on: September 02, 2010, 10:21:24 PM »

Hi Muffybee 

I have a big nose and floppy ears - I should be a dog.  The dogwag is perfect for me.  T.Y.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #625 on: September 03, 2010, 12:05:36 AM »

http://ssdi.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/ssdi.cgi

This is the SSN search I used and always on advanced. 

That's exactly the one I used.  I also called SS to make sure it was true.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: September 03, 2010, 12:08:38 AM »

Does anyone know anything about ancestry.com?  If it says someone is dead, are they definitely dead?

Thanks!

Bearly you can search the Social Security Death Index. It is a little easier if you know what state issued them their social security card.

Thanks, Suz, It's nice to see you on your feet again.   

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: September 03, 2010, 12:12:47 AM »

Does anyone know anything about ancestry.com?  If it says someone is dead, are they definitely dead?

Thanks!

When you enter an individuals information into Ancestry.com you at that time either mark them living or mark them deceased.  So it could be done as an error.  I'm careful to make it right. If you mark them living none of their information is available to the public. They will just show up as a living person not even their name will show.  For instance in my immediate family there are nine children. Only three of us are now living so the info for those deceased shows up on the family tree. 

LD1, I am so sorry you have had so many losses.

Thank you Bearly.  I have lost three of my brothers in 4yrs time.  Right now I have a much older brother in Texas, The one next to me in age in Alaska and myself here in Good Old Oregon. 

I still have my sister-in-law and her children and Gkids plus my daughter and her husband here in Oregon with me.  Actually my Sister-in-Law is the best anyone could ever ask for. She is my sister just not by blood.  Sadly her Husband passed away totally unexpectedly on Thanksgiving night 2006.  She has had a hard time getting past it because he was only 59yo
at the time and was looking forward to retiring in just one more month. I was closer to him than anyone else in my family.  Except my own daughter of course.

I am happy to see you have someone so close to you remaining with you.

I cannot tell you how many people I have heard of that die right before/after retirement.

A friend never missed a day of work in his lifetime and looked fit, he passed away the day after he retired in his 50s, and his wife joined him the next year.  They were inseparable.

I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #628 on: September 03, 2010, 12:14:00 AM »

Thanks!

Bearly you can search the Social Security Death Index. It is a little easier if you know what state issued them their social security card.

Hi Bearyhere,SuzyQ, Monkey's,

My technique to fishing around the SSN board is type in the name and any state, and the results will appear.

You can type in only the last name and the State, too.

You can type in only a first name and any state and get results.

I don't know how I ever become so sneaky. 

Thanks, seahorse, glad you are on our team with all of that knowledge.

I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #629 on: September 03, 2010, 09:33:35 AM »

Thanks!

Hi Bearyhere,SuzyQ, Monkey's,

My technique to fishing around the SSN board is type in the name and any state, and the results will appear.

You can type in only the last name and the State, too.

You can type in only a first name and any state and get results.

I don't know how I ever become so sneaky. 

Thanks, seahorse, glad you are on our team with all of that knowledge.

Good Morning, Bearlyhere & Monkeys,

YW. 

The search sites are not fully loaded or are partially loaded.

Ancestry.com does not have all County's downloaded,either.

The SSN (Rootsweb.com) should be reliable, sometimes, I go to familysearch.org -advanced-SSN should be on the left. 

I can not out smart the FS's -SSN 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #630 on: September 03, 2010, 11:09:49 PM »

Snakes on Planes

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-world-asia/20100903/AS.Malaysia.Snakes.In.Luggage/

95 snakes found in burst bag at Malaysia airport
10 hours ago

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia — A Malaysian man pleaded guilty to wildlife smuggling after his bag bursting with 95 live boa constrictors broke open on a luggage conveyer belt at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, an official said Friday.

Keng Liang "Anson" Wong, 52, who was previously convicted of wildlife trafficking in the United States, was charged Wednesday in a district court with exporting the endangered boas without a permit, said Shamsuddin Osman, an official with Malaysia's wildlife department.

The offense that carries a penalty of up to seven years in prison and a fine, Shamsuddin said.

Wong was arrested Aug. 26 after airport authorities found the boa constrictors, together with a few other snakes and a turtle, when his bag broke open on a luggage conveyor belt. Wong was transiting from Malaysia's northern Penang state to Indonesia's capital Jakarta.

The court will reconvene Monday pending Wong's appointment of a lawyer, Shamsuddin said.

He said the criminal charges involve the boas only, because the other animals are not listed as endangered. All of the animals are alive and under the care of wildlife officials, Shamsuddin said.

A decade ago, Wong was sentenced to almost six years in prison in the U.S. for running an animal-smuggling ring that prosecutors said imported and sold more than 300 protected reptiles native to Asia and Africa from 1996 until Wong's arrest in Mexico in 1998. It is unclear whether he served the full term.

Activists say the illegal wildlife trade used to flourish in Malaysia until the country recently stepped up efforts to crack down on it. In July, Parliament passed a new law to punish poachers and smugglers more severely, but the act has not yet taken effect.

2 4 1
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #631 on: September 03, 2010, 11:13:12 PM »

I'm bored, can you tell?  Remember the smoking baby?

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-world-asia/20100903/AS.Indonesia.Smoking.Toddler/

Indonesia's smoking toddler kicks the habit
10 hours ago

JAKARTA, Indonesia — Indonesia's smoking toddler has kicked the habit. Footage of 2-year-old Aldi Rizal — who smoked up to two packs a day — puffing away circulated the Internet in May and sparked an international outcry. His parents said he'd throw tantrums every time they tried to stop him from lighting up.

Psychologist Seto Mulyadi, who took the child into his own home as part of rehabilitation efforts, said Friday the boy has stopped asking for cigarettes.

He said Aldi picked up the habit because virtually every man in his fishing village in South Sumatra province smokes.

When removed from that environment, and offered a wide range of activities, including playing and drawing, he no longer had the urge, the psychologist said.

Aldi's father gave him his first cigarette when he was just 18-months-old, relatives have said.

2 4 1
mgoblue
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #632 on: September 04, 2010, 01:44:03 PM »

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2012806079_bremner04m.html

Deputy smelled 'intoxicants' on belligerent Bremner
High-profile Seattle attorney Anne Bremner was belligerent during her arrest for drunken driving in June, calling the King County sheriff's deputy a "Nazi" and the "creepiest cop" she'd ever met, according a heavily redacted copy of the deputy's report Bremner released Friday.

By Sara Jean Green

Seattle Times staff reporter

PREV  of  NEXT

Anne Bremner
Related

High-profile Seattle attorney Anne Bremner was belligerent during her arrest for drunken driving in June, calling the King County sheriff's deputy a "Nazi" and the "creepiest cop" she'd ever met, according to a heavily redacted copy of the deputy's report Bremner released Friday.

Deputy Brandon Moen wrote that he could smell an "overwhelmingly strong odor of intoxicants" coming from Bremner's breath. As she was being driven to the King County Jail, Bremner, 52, threatened to sue Moen and called him a liar, the report says.

She began "hitting her head" on the plastic partition between the front and back seats in the police cruiser, apparently upset the deputy "wasn't responding to her comments," Moen wrote.

Bremner had sought to keep the deputy's report, video footage and other documents associated with her arrest from being made public. But she reversed course this week in King County District Court in Shoreline, pleading guilty Wednesday to driving under the influence.

At the time of her guilty plea, her attorney Bill Bowman said Bremner would withdraw her legal challenge that sought to keep the documents from being released, and said records would be available by Friday.

But as of 4:30 p.m. Friday, Bremner's case docket showed nothing had been filed with the state Court of Appeals to lift the stay that was keeping the records out of the public eye, according to King County sheriff's spokesman, Sgt. John Urquhart.

Instead, Bremner sent The Seattle Times a redacted version of the deputy's report, partial video footage and audio files of two 911 calls she had made before her arrest. Her name and other information was blacked out throughout the report.

If the stay had been lifted, the Sheriff's Office was prepared to release at least three reports from different officers, an officer's handwritten notes, a report from an investigator who examined Bremner's car, at least two e-mails, police radio transmissions, Bremner's 911 calls, a 911 call placed by another driver who observed her vehicle, and video footage from several areas in the Kenmore police precinct, Urquhart said.

Urquhart, who reviewed a copy of the report supplied to The Times by Bremner, said his office was not responsible for any of the redactions.

Bremner was arrested June 4 after a sheriff's deputy spotted her driving her BMW with a flattened tire in Kenmore.

In early August, Bremner claimed that on the night she was arrested, she had been the victim of a hit-and-run accident and had suffered a brain injury, resulting in behavior that mimicked signs of alcohol impairment.

On Wednesday, District Court Judge Douglas L. Smith fined Bremner $5,000, with $3,875 of it suspended. Smith also ordered her to serve two days in jail and to attend an eight-hour alcohol-education class. She also was sentenced to five years' probation and must have an interlock device installed in her car.

"You can't fix stupid, but you can vote it out of office." unknown tea party participant
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #633 on: September 04, 2010, 07:58:54 PM »

http://www.ancestry.com/immigration?o_iid=44285&o_lid=44285

FREE ACCESS WEEKEND

Search the world’s largest online collection of U.S. immigration records FREE through Sept. 6th

Please note this is only the Immigation records that Ancestry.com is making available free, they say:) 

Happy searching...if anyone is interested 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: September 05, 2010, 08:01:43 PM »

Posted in our product recall section too:

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/05/dog.treat.recall/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Pet product company recalls nearly 75,000 bags of dog treats

By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) -- A leading pet product company has issued a voluntary recall of nearly 75,000 bags of dog treats due to salmonella concerns, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The move by Hartz Mountain Corp. came after random sample testing by the FDA indicated the presence of salmonella organisms in one or more 8-ounce bags of Hartz Naturals Real Beef Treats for Dogs.

The company, based in Secaucus, New Jersey, has not received any reports of animals or people becoming ill as a result of contact with the treats, and is investigating the source of the potential contamination.

The potentially affected treats are stamped with the lot code BZ0969101E, according to the FDA.

Hartz is urging dog owners who have purchased the recalled treats to immediately throw them away.

The FDA advises dog owners whose pets are exhibiting such symptoms as fever, diarrhea, abdominal pain and nausea to seek immediate veterinary assistance.

Consumers with questions regarding the recall should contact Hartz at 1-800-275-1414.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #635 on: September 07, 2010, 11:21:03 AM »

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/09/05/dog.treat.recall/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) -- A leading pet product company has issued a voluntary recall of nearly 75,000 bags of dog treats due to salmonella concerns, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

The move by Hartz Mountain Corp. came after random sample testing by the FDA indicated the presence of salmonella organisms in one or more 8-ounce bags of Hartz Naturals Real Beef Treats for Dogs.

The company, based in Secaucus, New Jersey, has not received any reports of animals or people becoming ill as a result of contact with the treats, and is investigating the source of the potential contamination.

The potentially affected treats are stamped with the lot code BZ0969101E, according to the FDA.

Hartz is urging dog owners who have purchased the recalled treats to immediately throw them away.

The FDA advises dog owners whose pets are exhibiting such symptoms as fever, diarrhea, abdominal pain and nausea to seek immediate veterinary assistance.

Consumers with questions regarding the recall should contact Hartz at 1-800-275-1414.

Good gracious!  What is it with these people?  Nothing is safe.  Good grief!  Next they will be recalling bananas!

I believe in miracles!
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #636 on: September 07, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »

By the CNN Wire Staff

Hi Klaas-

We saw this too and Hartz is one of those companies our FDA can and should do far more to monitor and don't. Their flea collars have also caused deaths and serious illnesses in cats and dogs.

That said, I wanted to post some monkey cookies for you today - some daughter recently designed and delivered for a baby shower.  love the monkey.

I continue to stand with the girl.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #637 on: September 07, 2010, 09:15:57 PM »

Very cute cookies Nonesuche.  Tell "little" Nonesuche we monkeys approve, LOL 

Show this clip to your pup.  Tell him this is what a real dog does, LOL 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: September 07, 2010, 09:17:23 PM »

wow Klaas! that dog is something! ya hoo!!!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #639 on: September 07, 2010, 10:56:47 PM »

Very cute cookies Nonesuche.  Tell "little" Nonesuche we monkeys approve, LOL 

Show this clip to your pup.  Tell him this is what a real dog does, LOL 

Another approval vote for little None, who is growing up before our eyes.   

Nice, Klaas, is that why we haven't seen Petey pictures in a while?  Is he in training?

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.