April 17, 2024, 07:40:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #55 6/18/10 - 9/30/10  (Read 298808 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #720 on: September 16, 2010, 09:12:29 AM »

Ok fellow Texan  Monkeys Who got loose?

Escaped Monkey Roams Hills Of Texas Suburb
A spider monkey that escaped from a sanctuary after Tropical Hermine blew through is roaming through hilly suburban subdivisions outside of San Antonio.

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/102856979.html

Well, hmmm, that is too funny! I live in Oregon, but hubby was in San Antonio yesterday! I would more classify him as a gorilla though...    Monkey Devil!   He is on the way home now, I'll have to ask him....

Nana did you check your Hubby's luggage when he got home to see if he had a friend with him?

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #721 on: September 16, 2010, 09:19:26 AM »

Wishing you the best of luck in your endeavors to help save the mini horses, Lazydog.   an angelic monkey  I hope you'll come by and visit us here when you can, and give us updates.  I'm hoping and praying for Champ.   an angelic monkey

Thanks Muffybee

I will stop by.  I won't lose touch with what is happening in the search for Kyron and those responsible.

Here is a picture of the girl I sold.  She is special.  Her full name is D/F Dukin into Springtime.
Figures I mispelled it on her registration application was supposed to be Duckin into Springtime.
Dang that "C".

The person in the picture is her new owner.  Boy is she a happy person not to mention her Hubby who is over the moon that they now own her.  He fell in love with her first time he saw her.  Didn't even want to wait for her to be trained before he got in the cart. 

She will be missed at my house but this is the best situation for her.  She loves doing this and I already have two more that drive like this and her brother will be trained by this same person probably next spring.  He is gelded/neutered so will be the perfect one for small children to learn on and do lots of parades in the future.

Best to you all.  Please everyone keep our little Champ in your prayers. God is watching out for him I just know it.

She is beautiful.  I can see how someone would fall in love with her.

Please let us know how things are going.  I will be praying for you, that you will be successful in helping these animals and training their owners to take care of them.

Sadly we can't train these people to take proper care of their furkids.  I'm not sure why people will allow an animal to starve to death.  Things I have seen over the years have made me love my animals more and humans less.

I have seen a woman whip a little foal because when she was getting ready to take the lead rope off it got excited and wanted to run and play.  I can't understand that.  I have to wonder how she treated her children when they were young and got excited. 

We are supposed to be the smarter species but I have to question that at times. 

What we can do is have the resources in place to care for and heal those who have been inflicted with the horror by their owners. 

Hope you have a good day! I say that using good because right now I don't know how any of us can have a great day.

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: September 16, 2010, 10:30:30 AM »

A spider monkey that escaped from a sanctuary after Tropical Hermine blew through is roaming through hilly suburban subdivisions outside of San Antonio.

Well, hmmm, that is too funny! I live in Oregon, but hubby was in San Antonio yesterday! I would more classify him as a gorilla though...    Monkey Devil!   He is on the way home now, I'll have to ask him....

Nana did you check your Hubby's luggage when he got home to see if he had a friend with him?

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: September 16, 2010, 10:31:28 AM »

I said almost the same thing!

I believe in miracles!
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #724 on: September 16, 2010, 12:26:06 PM »

A lot of talk about the laws pertaining to sex offenders in this nation being too lax, I found this article interesting because it focused on our laws here in Texas re: Life sentence for continous sexual assult of a minor. 

September 16th, 2010  |  Print Update JURY GIVES LIFE SENTENCE - A Wise County jury gave Christopher W. Morris, 26, of Newark a life sentence yesterday after he was found guilty of continuous sexual assault of a minor. He is not eligible for parole. Continuous sexual assault of a minor is the only charge besides capital murder in Texas where the convicted is not eligible for parole. The trial lasted less than two days. The jury decided on a life sentence in less than one hour. The victim in the case was a 9-year-old female.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: September 16, 2010, 02:36:59 PM »

Wishing you the best of luck in your endeavors to help save the mini horses, Lazydog.   an angelic monkey  I hope you'll come by and visit us here when you can, and give us updates.  I'm hoping and praying for Champ.   an angelic monkey

Thanks Muffybee

I will stop by.  I won't lose touch with what is happening in the search for Kyron and those responsible.

Here is a picture of the girl I sold.  She is special.  Her full name is D/F Dukin into Springtime.
Figures I mispelled it on her registration application was supposed to be Duckin into Springtime.
Dang that "C".

The person in the picture is her new owner.  Boy is she a happy person not to mention her Hubby who is over the moon that they now own her.  He fell in love with her first time he saw her.  Didn't even want to wait for her to be trained before he got in the cart. 

She will be missed at my house but this is the best situation for her.  She loves doing this and I already have two more that drive like this and her brother will be trained by this same person probably next spring.  He is gelded/neutered so will be the perfect one for small children to learn on and do lots of parades in the future.

Best to you all.  Please everyone keep our little Champ in your prayers. God is watching out for him I just know it.

She is beautiful.  I can see how someone would fall in love with her.

Please let us know how things are going.  I will be praying for you, that you will be successful in helping these animals and training their owners to take care of them.

Sadly we can't train these people to take proper care of their furkids.  I'm not sure why people will allow an animal to starve to death.  Things I have seen over the years have made me love my animals more and humans less.

I have seen a woman whip a little foal because when she was getting ready to take the lead rope off it got excited and wanted to run and play.  I can't understand that.  I have to wonder how she treated her children when they were young and got excited. 

We are supposed to be the smarter species but I have to question that at times. 

What we can do is have the resources in place to care for and heal those who have been inflicted with the horror by their owners. 

Hope you have a good day! I say that using good because right now I don't know how any of us can have a great day.

Thank you, LD1, you have a good day also.  If we can't train people to take better care of them, maybe we can catch the abuse sooner.

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #726 on: September 16, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »

A lot of talk about the laws pertaining to sex offenders in this nation being too lax, I found this article interesting because it focused on our laws here in Texas re: Life sentence for continous sexual assult of a minor. 

September 16th, 2010  |  Print Update JURY GIVES LIFE SENTENCE - A Wise County jury gave Christopher W. Morris, 26, of Newark a life sentence yesterday after he was found guilty of continuous sexual assault of a minor. He is not eligible for parole. Continuous sexual assault of a minor is the only charge besides capital murder in Texas where the convicted is not eligible for parole. The trial lasted less than two days. The jury decided on a life sentence in less than one hour. The victim in the case was a 9-year-old female.

It's about time they start getting tough with these POS

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: September 16, 2010, 02:39:01 PM »

Woah, I wonder what that entails.  More life sentences needed!

I believe in miracles!
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #728 on: September 17, 2010, 07:36:48 AM »

Halloween Costume Patterns

http://sewing.about.com/b/2010/09/11/halloween-costume-patterns.htm?nl=1

Online Halloween Costume Directions and Patterns

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: September 17, 2010, 09:11:18 AM »

Halloween Costume Patterns

http://sewing.about.com/b/2010/09/11/halloween-costume-patterns.htm?nl=1

Online Halloween Costume Directions and Patterns

Good morning seahorse and a Happy TGIF     Posting the link for Halloween costumes is a great idea!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
sharon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #730 on: September 18, 2010, 09:22:46 AM »

For my fellow monkey friend Anna -- if she checks in here 

I LOVED the first half of this season -- can't wait for second half of season 4 (January I think??)   

And I think it's good news that they did not tear down the 'permanent' sets -- Michael's loft and Madeleine's house -- means there will be a Season 5

http://coconutgrovegrapevine.blogspot.com/

Season four shooting for Burn Notice winding down

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Burn Notice is winding down filming for it's fourth season. Tomorrow is supposed to be their last day of shooting, they have a big repelling scene planned for one of the local buildings. Yesterday, Sharon Gless was manhandled in front of one of the hotels, by a couple of guys for awhile, as they shot scenes. A burned up car, we think a Charger, was part of the scene. So lots going on for their final episode of the season. Doesn't Michael Weston drive a Charger?

The Carlito's restaurant set (above) was being boarded up today at it's location behind the Coconut Grove Expo Center. We noticed it as we passed on our way to City Hall for a meeting.

We were invited to eat at their kraft services last week while they filmed some final scenes at Carlito's but we were unable to make it. Looks like we'll have to wait until next year now. The plan is to return in April to start shooting season five. We noticed from the offices overhead the other day, through the big glass windows that overlook the sound stages, that things are wrapping up fast. Old sets were being striked. Not Michael's loft or Madeline's house, just the ones that were temporary.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.  Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has!" Margaret Mead
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #731 on: September 18, 2010, 10:01:14 AM »

I wanted to share with all of you my wonderful guy and myself having a wonderful day out.
Also some friends of mine who were gracious enough to come and assist.  And the person with the video camera who is so great at doing these videos.

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejd1bK6vjmY

It is my prayer that Kyron be found and return home. Of course like everyone else I want him found alive but feel his parents need peace and closure. May this happen before Spring 2011.
Lazydog1
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #732 on: September 19, 2010, 08:13:11 PM »

I rec'd this in an email and find it hilarious.

Drafting men over 60----this is funny & obviously written by a Former Soldier-

I am over 60 and the Armed Forces thinks I'm too old to track down terrorists. You can't be older than 42 to join the military. They've got the whole thing a$$-backwards. Instead of sending 18-year olds off to fight, they ought to take us old guys. You shouldn't be able to join a military unit until you're at least 35.

For starters: Researchers say 18-year-olds think about sex every 10 seconds. Old guys only think about sex a couple of times a day, leaving us more than 28,000 additional seconds per day to concentrate on the enemy.

Young guys haven't lived long enough to be cranky, and a cranky soldier is a dangerous soldier. 'My back hurts! I can't sleep, I'm tired and hungry' We are impatient and maybe letting us kill some a$$hole that desperately deserves it will make us feel better and shut us up for a while.

A n 18-year-old doesn't even like to get up before 10 a..m. Old guys always get up early to pee so what the hell. Besides, like I said, 'I'm tired and can't sleep and since I'm already up, I may as well be up killing some fanatical son-of-a-b***h.

If captured we couldn't spill the beans because we'd forget where we put them. In fact, name, rank, and serial number would be a real brainteaser.

Boot camp would be easier for old guys.. We're used to getting screamed and yelled at and we're used to soft food. We've also developed an appreciation for guns. We've been using them for years as an excuse to get out of the house, away from the screaming and yelling.

They could lighten up on the obstacle course however. I've been in combat and didn't see a single 20-foot wall with rope hanging over the side, nor did I ever do any push ups after completing basic training.

Actually, the running part is kind of a waste of energy, too. I've never seen anyone outrun a bullet.

A n 18-year-old has the whole world ahead of him. He's still learning to shave, to start up a conversation with a pretty girl. He still hasn't figured out that a baseball cap has a brim to shade his eyes, not the back of his head.

These are all great reasons to keep our kids at home to learn a little more about life before sending them off into harm's way..

Let us old guys track down those dirty rotten coward terrorists. The last thing an enemy would want to see is a couple of million pissed off old farts with attitudes and automatic weapons who know that their best years are already behind them.

How about recruiting Women over 50 ....in menopause! You think Men have attitudes! Ohhhhhh my God!
If nothing else, put them on border patrol.... They'll have it secured the first night!

Send this to all of your senior friends...it's in big type so they can read it.

Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #733 on: September 20, 2010, 01:17:09 AM »

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #734 on: September 20, 2010, 09:17:32 AM »

Well, if they sent older guys to war, especially the ones that start the wars, maybe there wouldn't be any wars!  They don't seem to mind sending mothers' young sons to die for their idiot wars.  I think it's a good idea.  Next time someone wants to start a war, he has to be in the front line. 

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #735 on: September 20, 2010, 02:11:48 PM »

I said almost the same thing!

HAHAHA!     Monkey Devil!   He's always been good at hiding his girlfriends(NOT) ... so many truck stops, so little time?     

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Nana29
Monkey Junky

Happy Independance Day!God Bless America!

« Reply #736 on: September 20, 2010, 02:14:34 PM »

Lazydog, love the war story!
My favorite part?

How about recruiting Women over 50 ....in menopause! You think Men have attitudes! Ohhhhhh my God!
If nothing else, put them on border patrol.... They'll have it secured the first night!       Monkey Devil!

I am in the "pre" stage, and my warm flashes are scary!   

Children are living jewels dropped unstained from heaven.
God is good, but never dance in a small boat.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: September 20, 2010, 03:32:03 PM »

For my fellow monkey friend Anna -- if she checks in here 

I LOVED the first half of this season -- can't wait for second half of season 4 (January I think??)   

And I think it's good news that they did not tear down the 'permanent' sets -- Michael's loft and Madeleine's house -- means there will be a Season 5

http://coconutgrovegrapevine.blogspot.com/

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Burn Notice is winding down filming for it's fourth season. Tomorrow is supposed to be their last day of shooting, they have a big repelling scene planned for one of the local buildings. Yesterday, Sharon Gless was manhandled in front of one of the hotels, by a couple of guys for awhile, as they shot scenes. A burned up car, we think a Charger, was part of the scene. So lots going on for their final episode of the season. Doesn't Michael Weston drive a Charger?

The Carlito's restaurant set (above) was being boarded up today at it's location behind the Coconut Grove Expo Center. We noticed it as we passed on our way to City Hall for a meeting.

We were invited to eat at their kraft services last week while they filmed some final scenes at Carlito's but we were unable to make it. Looks like we'll have to wait until next year now. The plan is to return in April to start shooting season five. We noticed from the offices overhead the other day, through the big glass windows that overlook the sound stages, that things are wrapping up fast. Old sets were being striked. Not Michael's loft or Madeline's house, just the ones that were temporary.

Sharon, this is wonderful news! 

I love this series.  If they ever stop making it, I may have to break down and actually purchase it on DVD.

Can't wait until November for more episodes.  I watch them as many times as I can catch each one being aired.  Every time I watch, I catch something new, too.

Hugs for this wonderful news.  I am always afraid they will cancel as all good things come to an end.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #738 on: September 20, 2010, 11:27:36 PM »

I need summa dat.  What aisle do I find him in?

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: September 20, 2010, 11:47:24 PM »

I need summa dat.  What aisle do I find him in?

Monkey Devil!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.