April 19, 2024, 08:04:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #55 6/18/10 - 9/30/10  (Read 298915 times)
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #840 on: September 24, 2010, 02:12:43 AM »

She was 8lb 14oz 21in long.  She was actually about a week early but mom was showing some signs of preclampsia so they decided to schedule a c-section knowing that she was a big baby.

Klaas  she is totally awesome. That's a good weight and length.  Love all the hair.  The chest and blanket and hat are wonderful. Theres nothing like being a grandparent. Much happiness to you all. Thanks for sharing the bundle of Joy with all us Monkeys.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Blumonkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

Earth hath no sorrow that heaven cannot heal. TM

« Reply #841 on: September 24, 2010, 02:18:38 AM »

She was 8lb 14oz 21in long.  She was actually about a week early but mom was showing some signs of preclampsia so they decided to schedule a c-section knowing that she was a big baby.
I was going to guess 9 pounds - I have seen hundreds of these come into the world but all are unique and what a blessing !! She looks very healthy and I am so pleased for all of you ! an angelic monkey

I thank God for what I have and trust God for what I need.
Puzzler
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #842 on: September 24, 2010, 03:11:46 AM »

Janet - thank you!  I'm sure CBB won't mind!

Here's how she looks on day 2!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  I am so envious of you.  At this point in time I am just telling my son to get someone, anyone pregnant so we will be grandparents in  our lifetime.   Monkey Devil!

Klaas...my-oh-my...she is such a cute little bundle...I'm sure you can't wait until Sunday.

Love the toy box and the hand made blanket...BUT...that little hat you knitted is one of the cutest I've seen.

CBB - could Klaas' avatar be any cuter?  No!  It's perfect!

Klaas...I know you will savor every single moment...you have a beautiful Granddaughter!

Puzzler - that which puzzles or perplexes; anything that arouses curiosity or perplexes because it is unexplained, inexplicable or secret.
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #843 on: September 24, 2010, 03:28:25 AM »

Thanks everyone!  We'll see her in person on Sunday.  My husband built a toybox for her, I crocheted a crib blanket and hat and filled up the toy box with diapers, clothes, and other baby stuff.  We will be taking everything out to them on Sunday too!  Here is her toy box:

That toybox is darling, he's talented!! and a handmade blanket? both of those gifts are neat on so many levels-she will lobe them.  Once she's old enough to understand, she'll realize she is so important that her grandparents took the time to actually make those things for her. Every kid wants to have grandparents that think they're amazing and the commonly used "okay dear get ready to slow the car down so I can toss all this store bought stuff out to the grandkid!" just doesn't carry the same meaning.

I know my kids all have kept everything their grandparents have ever made them. Now my two oldest are married with kids of their own and as their families grew there's been a few moves to bigger houses and to date the first thing they've secured in s dsgr place has been the things their grandparents have made for them. That stuff is not only irreplaceable, it was also made just for them and they aren't about to risk any of it getting lost or ruined

Did you find any neat and new baby stuff? I've been attempting to get baby stuff for my daughter's soon to be here little girl and even since a year ago there's an abundance of brand *what the heck IS this" new products. Some I eventually figure out and wish it would have been invented a few decades ago-lol

I bet Sunday will be slow getting here-lol
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #844 on: September 24, 2010, 04:10:52 AM »

Somebody did a fine job with the stencils on the toybox! You wouldn't have had anything to do with that, now would you, Klaas? 

This is the blanket.  Hard to tell size in the photo.  It's about 50x36.  The hat I threw together, no pattern just did it real quick, like in an hour cause I had extra yarn.  I used some elastic that was from my grandmother's sewing basket in the hat around the edge before the ruffle to hold the hat on. (I changed the battery in my camera and forgot to reset the date)

That hat is one of the cutest hats ever-I love it. I should learn how to make baby hats, I've spent a fortune buying super cute ones off etsy. Some etsy sellers have infant sock monkey hats listed and I may have to buy one. Other than a zebra hat and a giraffe hat, my entire family has personality matching sock monkey hat  here and i keep thinking it would be so cute to add in a pink sock monkey baby hat in for pictures.

here's ours

http://www.breckenridgehatcompany.com/catalog_c363331.html

here's the infant ones

http://www.etsy.com/listing/57102797/newborn-sock-monkey-earflap-set?ref=sr_gallery_24&ga_search_query=the+sock+monkey+hats&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title

and if anyone is looking for sock monkey dog hats this is for you-lol

http://www.etsy.com/listing/48282831/monkey-sock-hat-for-dogs-crochet-pattern?ref=sr_gallery_21&ga_search_query=sock+monkey+dogs&ga_search_type=handmade&ga_page=3&order=&includes%5B0%5D=tags&includes%5B1%5D=title
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #845 on: September 24, 2010, 09:48:55 AM »

an angelic monkey  Bless her heart, I was going to guess the little one weighed about 9lbs. My second daughter was 10lbs  and thankfully a c-section was in order as well.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #846 on: September 24, 2010, 10:36:52 AM »

Thanks everyone!  We are going to see her Sunday, I'll take more pictures then  an angelic monkey

Two more sleeps!!

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #847 on: September 24, 2010, 10:46:11 AM »

For CAN:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/HALLOWEEN/can.gif

There's too much going on in Natalee's thread for me to start with the avis, but most everyone has one in the thread!

Just noticing this post now CBB.  Thank you so much!   an angelic monkey  I have asked for Klaas' help so many times, I just hate to do it again.
I remain,
"technically challenged", as my son puts it! 

can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #848 on: September 24, 2010, 10:47:54 AM »

Klaas - just noticed the sweet addition to your avi.  Love it!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #849 on: September 24, 2010, 11:18:00 AM »

For CAN:

There's too much going on in Natalee's thread for me to start with the avis, but most everyone has one in the thread!

Just noticing this post now CBB.  Thank you so much!   an angelic monkey  I have asked for Klaas' help so many times, I just hate to do it again.
I remain,

Can? Klaas is happy to do it, and I leave her a message so she can do it at her convenience. You should be changed shortly! 
Claycat
Monkey Junky

« Reply #850 on: September 24, 2010, 12:15:36 PM »

Congratulations, Granny Klaas!   an angelic monkey

Thanks for the lovely winter avatar, Brandi!
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #851 on: September 24, 2010, 12:16:41 PM »

For CAN:

I remain,

Can? Klaas is happy to do it, and I leave her a message so she can do it at her convenience. You should be changed shortly! 

You're the best CBB, thank you.
Thank you Klaas!
5150monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #852 on: September 24, 2010, 12:52:17 PM »

Congratulations G-ma Klaas!  Give her a big monkey hug and kiss from all her new monkey fans!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #853 on: September 24, 2010, 01:14:12 PM »

Shy-Monkey - have you seen the beard beenie? 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/37709025/brown-beard-beanie

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #854 on: September 24, 2010, 01:24:23 PM »

That is something my youngest would wear

GOD BLESS AMERICA
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #855 on: September 24, 2010, 01:26:13 PM »

Beard beanie!!  That's funny!! 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: September 24, 2010, 01:38:52 PM »

It really wouldn't be hard to make.  I might make one for my son for xmas, LOL 
crazybabyborg
« Reply #857 on: September 24, 2010, 02:59:59 PM »

Oh, that's a hoot!!   

Did you notice that the moustache part ends in handlebars?   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #858 on: September 24, 2010, 03:22:26 PM »

It really wouldn't be hard to make.  I might make one for my son for xmas, LOL 

I was thinking the same thing. But sending the picture to my sister so she could make it. It's been years since I have crocheted. But with what they were asking I might try again.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #859 on: September 24, 2010, 03:23:42 PM »

Oh, that's a hoot!!   

Did you notice that the moustache part ends in handlebars?   

I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. That is funny.  Monkey Devil!

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.