May 29, 2024, 03:26:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #55 6/18/10 - 9/30/10  (Read 302105 times)
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #860 on: September 24, 2010, 03:40:46 PM »

As of about 1 hour ago, I am now a step grandma monkey   

Aww Klaas congrats to you and your family! What a beautiful little one.

I can't wait to be a grandma!  it sounds like so much fun!
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #861 on: September 24, 2010, 03:44:45 PM »

Somebody did a fine job with the stencils on the toybox! You wouldn't have had anything to do with that, now would you, Klaas? 

This is the blanket.  Hard to tell size in the photo.  It's about 50x36.  The hat I threw together, no pattern just did it real quick, like in an hour cause I had extra yarn.  I used some elastic that was from my grandmother's sewing basket in the hat around the edge before the ruffle to hold the hat on. (I changed the battery in my camera and forgot to reset the date)

What a sweet thing to do. She will treasure them forever. My sons (sheesh don't tell anyone) they still sleep with the blankets made for them. That hat is cute! Gosh pink things are so cute
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: September 24, 2010, 04:06:49 PM »

One more closeup 

I love her little rosebud mouth.....is her hair blonde around her hairline or it that the lighting....what was Angels' height and weight

Hard to tell for sure what color her hair will be.  The dads is blonde and the mom is naturally brunette.  I'm betting on blonde.

I'd bet on Blonde too.....BTW...I love the additions to your avatar!!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: September 24, 2010, 04:07:49 PM »

Janet - thank you!  I'm sure CBB won't mind!

Here's how she looks on day 2!

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  I am so envious of you.  At this point in time I am just telling my son to get someone, anyone pregnant so we will be grandparents in  our lifetime.   Monkey Devil!

BM - that is soooooooooooooooooooooo funny!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: September 24, 2010, 04:09:19 PM »

New photo!

look at her eyebrows...yep she is a blonde and she is adorable!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: September 24, 2010, 04:11:47 PM »

Hey Klaas! You just have show off your new, beautiful Grandbaby!!   

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c100/crazybabyborgs/originals/Klaas-Baby.gif

CBB - I just commented on how much I liked this..You are the BOMB!!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: September 24, 2010, 04:12:51 PM »

She was 8lb 14oz 21in long.  She was actually about a week early but mom was showing some signs of preclampsia so they decided to schedule a c-section knowing that she was a big baby.

she is big....and beautiful!  Hope Mom is doing well!!

Rest in Peace Caylee

Karen Anne RN
Scared Monkey

« Reply #867 on: September 24, 2010, 04:21:10 PM »

I've been a member here for 2 years, but this is my first post.  I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post my question, but I could find no other, and I have spent about a half hour searching for the answer.
Could someone please tell me how to send a private message to another member?
I found the page that shows about 5 different ways to do it, but when I go through the steps, there is never an option shown that says "Send new message," or "Send member a message."
tia

If you're going to talk about someone behind their back, it's best to know ahead of time who.  they.  are.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: September 24, 2010, 04:37:15 PM »

I've been a member here for 2 years, but this is my first post.  I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post my question, but I could find no other, and I have spent about a half hour searching for the answer.
I found the page that shows about 5 different ways to do it, but when I go through the steps, there is never an option shown that says "Send new message," or "Send member a message."
tia

Hi Karen Anne RN   The private message function here at SM is disabled.  Some of the monkeys have throw away emails to use for correspondence.  I'm sorry you were searching for so long trying to get the PM thing to work, and you came to the right place to ask about them though.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #869 on: September 24, 2010, 04:40:45 PM »

tia

Hi Karen,

There is NO IM here on SM. If you want to email a member you can ask them to let Klaas know and she can send you their email addy or ask if they have a trowaway addy for email they can post.  Hope that helps.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #870 on: September 24, 2010, 04:41:43 PM »

Your fast Muffy

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: September 24, 2010, 05:26:19 PM »

Thanks everyone!  We'll see her in person on Sunday.  My husband built a toybox for her, I crocheted a crib blanket and hat and filled up the toy box with diapers, clothes, and other baby stuff.  We will be taking everything out to them on Sunday too!  Here is her toy box:

It's beautiful!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: September 24, 2010, 05:26:28 PM »

Klaas,

Congratulations to you and your family on the birth of your granddaughter!  She is so beautiful and healthy.  Big babies are the best.  They sleep through the night sooner and have fewer problems in general.  And yes, she is a blonde but don't be surprised when at about three months all that hair comes out as it usually does.

She is so well developed and content!  Makes me want one.  Some day I too shall have grandchildren.  Maybe, haha.

Hugs to her! 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #873 on: September 24, 2010, 05:31:52 PM »

Somebody did a fine job with the stencils on the toybox! You wouldn't have had anything to do with that, now would you, Klaas? 

This is the blanket.  Hard to tell size in the photo.  It's about 50x36.  The hat I threw together, no pattern just did it real quick, like in an hour cause I had extra yarn.  I used some elastic that was from my grandmother's sewing basket in the hat around the edge before the ruffle to hold the hat on. (I changed the battery in my camera and forgot to reset the date)

How did you have time to do this?  It is precious.

I want to spend a day just watching you work.  I know I will have to rest for a week, my eyes will be tired!

I believe in miracles!
Itaryl Moosee
Monkey Junky

« Reply #874 on: September 24, 2010, 05:37:38 PM »

Congratulations, Klaas!! On a B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. grandbaby.

p.s.
Image courtesy of Bluemountain.com.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: September 24, 2010, 05:42:27 PM »

One more closeup  

an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey an angelic monkey

I believe in miracles!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #876 on: September 24, 2010, 07:06:54 PM »

For all our Candian Monkeys I thought this was pretty awesome

http://green.yahoo.com/blog/guest_bloggers/70/student-flies-like-a-bird-powered-only-by-himself.html

This is for Northern  Rose Pretty awesome

A Canadian university student has done what Leonardo da Vinci had only dreamt of: Piloted a human-powered "wing-flapping" plane! Called an ornithopter, and the inspiration for modern day helicopters, the machine was first sketched by da Vinci way back in 1485 and never actually built.

Todd Reichert, an engineering student at the University of Toronto, made history by sustaining flight in his ornithopter -- named Snowbird -- for 19.3 seconds and covering 475.72 feet. Snowbird is made from carbon fiber, balsa wood, and foam. The 92.59 pound vehicle maintained an average speed of 15.91 miles per hour

GOD BLESS AMERICA
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: September 24, 2010, 07:53:48 PM »

tia

Karen  - we don't have PM's here and haven't since 2005.  If you need something maybe I can help you.  You can email me at smklaas@hotmail.com

Many of our members have created hotmail accounts just to use for the forum that they aren't affraid to post in the open and that is how they contact eachother outside the forum.
mchenry
Scared Monkey

« Reply #878 on: September 24, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »

Janet - thank you!  I'm sure CBB won't mind!

Here's how she looks on day 2!

Congratulations Klaas!!!  She is an adorable grandchild! Being a grandmother is wonderful, you will love it! Enjoy!!!
shy-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #879 on: September 24, 2010, 08:44:56 PM »

Shy-Monkey - have you seen the beard beenie? 

http://www.etsy.com/listing/37709025/brown-beard-beanie

That is hilarious! Oh my gosh the wheels are turning-one of the (lazy) neighbor's claims he only hires someone to clear their driveway when it snows because he can't grow enough facial hair to keep his face warm and he's not about to wear a ski mask and look like a bank robber or peeping tom.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.