March 28, 2024, 03:54:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lynn Geter Forces Son To Kill Pet Hamster w/ a hammer for punishment  (Read 4047 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: January 23, 2010, 08:29:13 AM »

One sick, poor excuse for a mommy here...... 

Police: Mom Forces Son To Kill Pet Hamster
Posted: 4:23 pm EST January 21, 2010
Updated: 6:28 am EST January 22, 2010

Comment On This Story ››

MERIWETHER COUNTY, Ga. -- A Georgia mother is accused of forcing her 12-year-old son to kill his pet hamster because of a bad report card.

It happened last Thursday at the family’s home, said Meriwether County Sheriff Steve Witlock.

Investigators said Lynn Geter made her son use a hammer to kill the hamster.

Geter was arrested Friday following an interview with investigators.

She is charged with battery, cruelty to children and cruelty to animals.

Investigators said Geter also violated probation and remains in jail.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/22305514/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 08:30:22 AM »

When Lynn Middlebrooks Geter found that her 12-year-old son's report card wasn't to her liking, she didn't offer to help him with homework or ask teachers for extra instruction. No, she decided something more drastic was in order...

The 38-year-old mom from Warm Springs, Georgia decided the best way for her boy to learn was to kill his pet hamster. With a hammer.

The kid, naturally, was quite upset. What would happen with his next report card? Would he have to beat his sister to death to improve his commitment to math? So he told his teacher about it the next day.

The teacher called social workers, who in turn called the Meriwether County sheriff's department. For her visionary parenting strategies, Geter is now in jail for animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/01/lynn_geter_forces_son_to_kill.php

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 01:18:49 AM »

When Lynn Middlebrooks Geter found that her 12-year-old son's report card wasn't to her liking, she didn't offer to help him with homework or ask teachers for extra instruction. No, she decided something more drastic was in order...

The 38-year-old mom from Warm Springs, Georgia decided the best way for her boy to learn was to kill his pet hamster. With a hammer.

The kid, naturally, was quite upset. What would happen with his next report card? Would he have to beat his sister to death to improve his commitment to math? So he told his teacher about it the next day.

The teacher called social workers, who in turn called the Meriwether County sheriff's department. For her visionary parenting strategies, Geter is now in jail for animal cruelty, child cruelty and battery.

http://www.truecrimereport.com/2010/01/lynn_geter_forces_son_to_kill.php

Dear Lord, I am speechless!

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.