March 28, 2024, 02:54:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrestling with Wreck  (Read 35630 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2010, 02:43:27 PM »

More Snow!

Got up at 5 am so I could trek to BFE for the big meet.  Bro and the little wrestler left early for weigh in.   

Got a call saying it was too treacherous to come so to stay home.     Course Bro and little guy kept on driving to the tournament.  LG got pinned first round.  2nd up was a huge kid with a mohawk who had pinned everyone last week... Bro was like Ah sheet... LG beat the crap out of him.  Bro was real proud of that one.

Last match... his opponent was crying and didn't want to wrestle any more so LG won by default.  Another 2nd place for our LG! 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2010, 04:24:38 PM »

Congrats to your baby Husker beans! What a competitor!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2010, 06:24:13 PM »

Today was his 5th meet.  He has placed 2nd each week.

First round was against a kid MUCH bigger that has wrestled a few years.  Thank god Little Guy (LG) is too young to be afraid.  Kid was also undefeated.  LG beat him 6-0.  Yeah LG!

2nd round same thing.  LG beat the dogmeat out of him 10-0.  LG very excited because he wants a trophy that comes only with first place.

3rd round he got another undefeated kid with a few years experience.  He fought hard but got pinned.  LG went running into my bros arms and was sobbing out of control.  He wanted a trophy.   

So LG learned a life lesson about winning and losing today.  Oh to be young again. 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 02:57:37 PM »

Little guy finally got his trophy!!!     I wasn't able to go today so that is a bummer.  He is a happy camper though.   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 03:36:25 PM »

Little guy finally got his trophy!!!     I wasn't able to go today so that is a bummer.  He is a happy camper though.   

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2010, 08:22:34 AM »

Wreck!  I just read that the NCAA Div 1 Championship tournament is in Omaha this weekend!?!  They are expecting 96000 to attend.  You cheering for anyone?   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2010, 11:47:59 AM »

Wreck!  I just read that the NCAA Div 1 Championship tournament is in Omaha this weekend!?!  They are expecting 96000 to attend.  You cheering for anyone?   
Guess!!!!   

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 08:25:29 AM »

Lots in the Omaha paper today - wreck that is omaha.com fyi.  Just read that Iowa sending 8 to quarterfinals, Cowboys and ISU Cyclones each sending 5.  I got no dog in this one so I am rooting for the Wrecking Ball Cowboys. 

On a muchhhhhhhh smaller note - this is final week for Little Guy wrestling at 5 yr old level. We have a meet on Saturday and Sunday.  My camera battery is dead so hopefully the SIL will come thru for me. ha. 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 09:22:57 AM »

Lots in the Omaha paper today - wreck that is omaha.com fyi.  Just read that Iowa sending 8 to quarterfinals, Cowboys and ISU Cyclones each sending 5.  I got no dog in this one so I am rooting for the Wrecking Ball Cowboys. 

On a muchhhhhhhh smaller note - this is final week for Little Guy wrestling at 5 yr old level. We have a meet on Saturday and Sunday.  My camera battery is dead so hopefully the SIL will come thru for me. ha. 
Yes, Iowa is running away with it -- but we are at least respectable!!!
Sounds like your Nephew is really enjoying Wrestling!! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2010, 04:34:03 PM »

I actually watched the NCAA tournament last night!  I cheered against whoever Iowa was wrestling since they already won the team award. 

Well... our preschool season has ended today.  We had two tournaments this weekend and I am proud to announce that our little guy won every single match!  He got two more trophies!  He is so incredibly shy he will only warm up with my brother and his coaches, not even his teammates.

He walks out to the mat looking like he wants to run away.  As soon as he gets into his stance it is like a mad man takes over and he gets a totally zoned out glare on his face and is all about the business of winning.  It cracks me up.  And all those years of fighting with the siblings has paid off.  Looking forward to next season!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2010, 08:25:57 AM »

Wreck, had to report in... Little Guy had his club wrestling awards banquet the other night.  Remember he is preschool. ha ha ha

It went from 6 to 9:30 so he wanted to go home real bad.  Squirming and such.  My bro sent me a text as he was shocked and proud that LG got honorable mention NEWCOMER OF THE YEAR MEDAL.  (age group preschool thru 2nd grade) AND he got a vote for WRESTLER OF THE YEAR.  (2nd grader that won state tournament won that one)

Not sure LG even understood all this but his dad sure did.  Me too. Proud of him.  He has a younger brother who is a tank and feisty as hell that will go out next year.  Hope we can train him that biting, spitting and punching aren't allowed before then.   
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »

Wreck - if you are reading I have a funny story.  This year we add a four year old (soon to be 5) to the wrestling mix.  This one is the athlete in that family and he has NO FEAR at all.  He will be a star.  OK... so he is practicing at the YMCA now getting ready for the season.  My bro is watching practice and the kid pins another kid... but that wasn't the end of it.  He ends up sitting on top of the kid beaming at my bro giving him the thumbs up sign.     My bro wanted to crawl under the bleachers.  Can't wait to see him in a real meet.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »

Well, we have had wrestling meets the last FIVE weekends so our two little ones are busy.  The kindergartner that wrestled last year is doing great - 15 wins and 3 losses (all to second graders!). 

The preschooler is an absolute riot... he so wants to be a big boy.  He still even has some baby fat but he is unbelievably strong.  He missed a meet due to illness so he is 10-4.  Today we went to a tournament in Lincoln where some of the kids wrestle 8 mos out of the year so we weren't expecting much but they both took first place. 

But the story was about not giving up.  During the 4 yr old's 2nd match - he was clearly outmatched - the kid was older, taller, more seasoned and he was up 7 to 0 at the end of the first period.  Second period our guy got an escape and backpoints to get to 5.  During a takedown our guy got hit real real hard in the head - right under the eye.  The look on his face.  We all knew it was over.

Guess we don't know our little one that well.  I really thought he was going to cry but he didn't.  He was flat on his back and about to be pinned.  He got this look on his face and he proceeded to lift himself up with this bigger kid on top.  He got to his feet holding this kid, threw him to the ground, got on top and within seconds he pinned the kid!  Even the total strangers sitting next to us were all jumping up and down because it was such a come from behind win for David over Goliath.

We asked him what he was thinking when he got hit and he said "that I weally weally needed to wrestle the green guy".  Out of the mouth of babes... never quit.   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2011, 11:16:46 PM »

Well, we have had wrestling meets the last FIVE weekends so our two little ones are busy.  The kindergartner that wrestled last year is doing great - 15 wins and 3 losses (all to second graders!). 

The preschooler is an absolute riot... he so wants to be a big boy.  He still even has some baby fat but he is unbelievably strong.  He missed a meet due to illness so he is 10-4.  Today we went to a tournament in Lincoln where some of the kids wrestle 8 mos out of the year so we weren't expecting much but they both took first place. 

But the story was about not giving up.  During the 4 yr old's 2nd match - he was clearly outmatched - the kid was older, taller, more seasoned and he was up 7 to 0 at the end of the first period.  Second period our guy got an escape and backpoints to get to 5.  During a takedown our guy got hit real real hard in the head - right under the eye.  The look on his face.  We all knew it was over.

Guess we don't know our little one that well.  I really thought he was going to cry but he didn't.  He was flat on his back and about to be pinned.  He got this look on his face and he proceeded to lift himself up with this bigger kid on top.  He got to his feet holding this kid, threw him to the ground, got on top and within seconds he pinned the kid!  Even the total strangers sitting next to us were all jumping up and down because it was such a come from behind win for David over Goliath.

We asked him what he was thinking when he got hit and he said "that I weally weally needed to wrestle the green guy".  Out of the mouth of babes... never quit.   
Sounds like you are building a Wrestling family dynasty!! I'll send our "scouts" out to watch your nephews!! 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2011, 08:14:47 AM »

Season is almost over... they both qualified for the state tournament which is this weekend.  They will both be challenged no doubt.... but we are proud.  Oldest one is like 35 and 4 for the season.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 10:16:51 AM »

Season is almost over... they both qualified for the state tournament which is this weekend.  They will both be challenged no doubt.... but we are proud.  Oldest one is like 35 and 4 for the season.

Ahhh. wrestling...my favorite sport of all...hubs was a wrestler, son is a wrestler, son in law is one too.

NCAA's start thursday - know a handful of guys in the tourney.  But there is nothing in the world like youth wrestling as a parent!  Wonderful sport for a young kid - wonderful!!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »

Heh Cadillac!  Welcome to the sports section!  I agree!  My little guys are preschool and kindergarten so we watched them learn to deal with loss (yes, tears), learn to always shake hands with the other teams coach, learn that it is OK to be the one that didn't get a trophy this week etc.  It has been a wonderful way to spend the winter weekends and I'll clean the house later.    Wonder what age they get when they don't look up at mom/dad before, during and after the match? 
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2011, 05:50:53 PM »

Spent all day at the state tournament - such fun. 

The kindergartner took FIRST PLACE!!!!     So proud of him.  He pinned them all.  Ends the season 38-4 I believe.  My bro was beaming.

The pre-schooler had a tough day but he came in 4th and got a medal (thank God).  As soon as he can get take downs figured out like his brother he will be a threat. 

Anyway... it was a great season and it just flies by.  We started soccer this week (my bro coaches at the HS here).... so the games continue. 
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2016, 09:18:17 AM »

Wrestler, entertainer Chyna is dead at 45

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/entertainment/chyna-wrestler-dead/

Fri April 22, 2016

Joan Laurer, the groundbreaking female wrestler known as Chyna, has died.

Police in Redondo Beach, California, confirm that Laurer, 45, was found dead in her apartment on Wednesday. Police say they were notified by a friend who went to check on her and found Laurer unresponsive. The cause of death is under investigation, but police say there are no signs of foul play.

"It is with deep sadness to inform you that we lost a true icon, a real life superhero. Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, the 9th wonder of the world, has passed away," said a post on her website.

After graduating from the University of Tampa, Chyna started training in the world of professional wrestling and in 1996 was named the "Rookie of the Year for the Women's Championship," according to her website. She wrestled in the Royal Rumble and King of Ring tournaments and became the only undefeated Women's Champion in WWF (World Wrestling Federation) history.

Chyna and wrestler Triple H pose for a photo in 1999.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #39 on: May 05, 2016, 05:15:55 PM »

Wrestler, entertainer Chyna is dead at 45

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/entertainment/chyna-wrestler-dead/

Fri April 22, 2016

Joan Laurer, the groundbreaking female wrestler known as Chyna, has died.

Police in Redondo Beach, California, confirm that Laurer, 45, was found dead in her apartment on Wednesday. Police say they were notified by a friend who went to check on her and found Laurer unresponsive. The cause of death is under investigation, but police say there are no signs of foul play.

"It is with deep sadness to inform you that we lost a true icon, a real life superhero. Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, the 9th wonder of the world, has passed away," said a post on her website.

After graduating from the University of Tampa, Chyna started training in the world of professional wrestling and in 1996 was named the "Rookie of the Year for the Women's Championship," according to her website. She wrestled in the Royal Rumble and King of Ring tournaments and became the only undefeated Women's Champion in WWF (World Wrestling Federation) history.

Chyna and wrestler Triple H pose for a photo in 1999.

She was someone so many young women looked up to -- I really liked her!

an angelic monkey

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.