March 28, 2024, 11:27:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wrestling with Wreck  (Read 35636 times)
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2016, 10:07:44 AM »

Wrestler, entertainer Chyna is dead at 45

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/21/entertainment/chyna-wrestler-dead/

Fri April 22, 2016

Joan Laurer, the groundbreaking female wrestler known as Chyna, has died.

Police in Redondo Beach, California, confirm that Laurer, 45, was found dead in her apartment on Wednesday. Police say they were notified by a friend who went to check on her and found Laurer unresponsive. The cause of death is under investigation, but police say there are no signs of foul play.

"It is with deep sadness to inform you that we lost a true icon, a real life superhero. Joanie Laurer aka Chyna, the 9th wonder of the world, has passed away," said a post on her website.

After graduating from the University of Tampa, Chyna started training in the world of professional wrestling and in 1996 was named the "Rookie of the Year for the Women's Championship," according to her website. She wrestled in the Royal Rumble and King of Ring tournaments and became the only undefeated Women's Champion in WWF (World Wrestling Federation) history.

Chyna and wrestler Triple H pose for a photo in 1999.

She was someone so many young women looked up to -- I really liked her!

an angelic monkey

It is stunning just how many Professional wrestlers have died far too young. When you actually take a look at who has passed, the young ages and from what ... I am actually some what surprised that Professional Wrestling is still as popular as it currently is.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2016, 01:27:52 PM »

agree Red.

Maybe that level of fitness and what they put their bodies through has something to do with it.

A friend of mine who had a fitness gym recently died.  I never knew someone who took such good care of himself.  Heart attack and died in his sleep.  Baffling sometimes.

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.