April 20, 2024, 03:01:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barack's Welcome Wagon for Illegal Immigrants (Amnesty)  (Read 1644 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: January 24, 2010, 08:40:41 AM »

I quickly read through the immigration reform/Amnesty bill introduced by Rep. Gutierrez of Illinois.  A few things continue to trouble me.

- 'they'll have to pay back taxes, pay a $500 fine, and learn English'

Why would anyone willingly pay back taxes?  Maybe for 10 or more years of work?  Will they be paying for interest on those back taxes?  Why walk into a tax mess?  Or, maybe this is a diversion?

Will taxpayers ever know how many and how much in back taxes was collected?  Will they ever know how many have been excused?  (I keep seeing those ads on TV offering to help people with their IRS problems.  'We saved one couple $250 million dollars!!!  Is there an AMNESTY deal for these folks?  Maybe pay $500 and get all their IRS problems disappeared?)

Will they pay the employee and employer part of Social Security taxes owed?  Or will some magic wand wave and they will be given credit and NEVER have to contribute for the years of their CREDIT?

What I found that is interesting, is that credit is given for those providing 'community service'.  Why would anyone need to use a job as proof of living here?  Might an accomodating community organization issue some kind of evidence/verification of community service?  Maybe amnesty applicants will 'self-verify' their community service?

How did you support yourself?  How did you support your family?  You collected six houses, a number of cars, businesses, and you've never worked here?  You lived on welfare for your citizen children?  You send billions home to your country of origin, and you've never worked?  You did 'community service' the entire time?

Why pay back taxes when you can do 'community service' to establish your residency?

Where is the program for American citizens to avoid taxes and get a free bonus ride in this nation?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 08:52:03 AM »

Saturday's rally, entitled Full Citizenship and Full Employment for Full Equality, featured Chicago area lawmakers as well as union and religious leaders -- all calling for major changes in immigration law. By some estimates, there are 12 million people living illegally in the United States.

Gutierrez says his immigration bill "keeps people working, but understands the needs of our economy. It gives a pathway to citizenship, but understands that immigrants must learn English, pay taxes and contribute to their communities."

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1995399,CST-NWS-immig17.article

What about the rights of existing American citizens?  Their future?  Their prosperity?

Why should illegal aliens go to the front of the line?   Get absolution for their contribution to identity theft?  Fraud?

Uncompensated healthcare?

Why didn't the illegal aliens do the right thing and apply to come here legally?

How many unemployed Americans are there?  How much money is being borrowed to provide them with unemployment, COBRA, and other benefits?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 08:58:10 AM »

Fears of NAFTA are coming true

Back in February 2008, Joe Donnelly was in Goshen and spoke at the Martin’s store. He talked about how bad illegal immigration was for the American work force. He also told Dixie Robinson that “NAFTA was the worst thing that could happen to us.” His words, “Everything they told us would not happen is exactly what has happened.” Do you hear anyone who is in a position to at least “try” to do something about this, even talking about it? No! Now they want to fix our health care system. If it weren’t for NAFTA, many U.S. citizens would still have their jobs and health insurance.

It is really sad to see some of our employers employ illegal aliens due to the business being able to make a little extra profit. Where is their pride in our laws, in our country and in being American, when they put a few dollars first? All they have to do is check all employees through E-Verify. “Remittances” amounting to billions of dollars are still being sent back to Mexico by legal and illegal immigrants.

more here - http://www.goshennews.com/statenews/local_story_022092300.html

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 09:13:06 AM »

Immigration issues are being ignored once again

Here are the facts:

Unemployment is at 10 percent

15 million Americans are out of work

10 million more Americans have given up looking for work or are working fewer hours than they would like

The U.S. is bringing 125,000 immigrants into the U.S. a month

In 2008 1.5 million new immigrants have taken up residence and been issued work permits

Another 1.5 million immigrants will come here in 2010

Another 1.5 million immigrants will come here in 2011

Illegal aliens are holding down eight million jobs in the U.S.

34 percent of all software engineers are immigrants

The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers reports that 48,000 U.S. software engineers are unemployed

According to a study by professors at Georgetown University and Rutgers University, our high schools and colleges are providing an ample supply of graduates.

Here are the questions:

Why is the U.S. continuing to allow such a high number of immigrants to come here and take these jobs?

Why are our borders not secure to keep out illegal aliens?

Why don't we have a moratorium on immigration?

Why is this administration discontinuing raids on employers and businesses who are employing illegal aliens?

Why are we continuing to issue L1, H1B, etc. visas?

Will our legislators begin to represent the unemployed and underemployed in this country?

Will the science and technology firms begin to hire our qualified technical and scientific people?

DENNIS A. BIGGS

Elverson

http://www.pottsmerc.com/articles/2010/01/24/opinion/srv0000007381448.txt

According to Obama, we're not smart enough to hire Americans.  American's just are smart.

We need to keep bailing out the rest of the world, and go into debt to do it.

We need to keep the borders open to encourage fanatical terrorists, economic terrorists, drugs, violence, guns, and other undesirable things flowing freely into out beautiful nation.

We need to keep bailing out the crony capitalists that rotate jobs between Wall Street, the Federal Reserve, Treasury, Washington, and foreign organizations.

We need to keep bailing out the unions, and ignore the failure of Social Security, Medicare, and government labor spending. 

We need to keep on our unsustainable train wreck.

What is sustainable immigration reform?  Just say NO MORE?
jmho

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.