March 28, 2024, 01:14:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aja Johnson 7 missing / mother found dead Geronimo OK 1/24/09(BODY FOUND)  (Read 44677 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: January 25, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0110/699279.html

Amber Alert: Girl Thought To Be With Murder Suspect

posted 8:22 am Mon January 25, 2010 - Geronimo
from NewsChannel 8 - http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0110/699279.html

Police are asking for help in locating an 8-year-old girl thought to have been taken by a suspect in the murder of the girl's mother.

Aja Johnson was kidnapped after her mother was found shot to death late Sunday night at her home in Geronimo. That's in Comanche County, about 180 miles southwest of Tulsa.

Authorities believe the child is with 46-year-old Lester Hobbs, who is wanted for questioning in the homicide case. Authorities say the child has a health condition which requires daily medication.

Hobbs is a white male, about 5'9" and 180 pounds. He has several tattoos and was last seen driving a white, 1992 Toyota Paseo with Oklahoma tag 577-BPW. The back window of the vehicle has been replaced by a piece of sheet metal.

Aja is a white female, about four feet tall and 65 pounds with a very thin build. He has brown hair and brown eyes.

Officials say Hobbs may be headed toward Davenport, which is located in Lincoln County, about 55 miles west of Tulsa.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of the vehicle, Hobbs or the girl should immediately dial 911.

Hobbs should be considered armed and dangerous. He has several previous convictions for burglary, assault and DUI. Court records in Lincoln County indicate a protective order was sought against Hobbs last August, but authorities could not locate him and the matter was dropped two weeks later.
Edit to correct name.  There seemed to be some initial confusion in regard to Aja's last name.  MB
Edit to cancel amber alert as of 1/29/10 and put age to 7 - Nut
« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 11:23:45 AM by klaasend » Logged
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 03:25:36 PM »

Lestor the molestor.
He needs to be caught asap.
The child is a walking talking incrimination to Lestor..
She is in great danger or already dead and disposed of.

Edit-correct name in subject title.  MB
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:48:57 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 06:21:10 PM »

I heard the Amber Alert for Aja Jotson on the car radio this afternoon.  I heard it twice in less than 45 minutes. Additional information I heard other than what is reported here is, Lester Hobbs may be headed to Rockport, Texas.  And her age was reported as 7 years, instead of 8 years old, which is a minor detail.

I am wondering if Lester Hobbs might be trying to change vehicles, because if the rear window of his car has been replaced with sheet metal, that would make it much easier to find.  I'm hoping Aja Jotson can be found soon.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 06:22:16 PM »

I heard the Amber Alert for Aja Jotson on the car radio this afternoon.  I heard it twice in less than 45 minutes. Additional information I heard other than what is reported here is, Lester Hobbs may be headed to Rockport, Texas.  And her age was reported as 7 years, instead of 8 years old, which is a minor detail.

I am wondering if Lester Hobbs might be trying to change vehicles, because if the rear window of his car has been replaced with sheet metal, that would make it much easier to find.  I'm hoping Aja Jotson can be found soon.   an angelic monkey

Me too Muffy -- Listen to the father at this link -- so sad.  http://www.koco.com/news/22336792/detail.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 06:24:47 PM »

This alert has additional information concerning the car:

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/world/amber-alert-issued-for-8-year-old-oklahoma-girl-aja-jotson_100309772.htm
January 26th, 2010 - 1:43 am ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt

Geronimo, Jan 25 (THAINDIAN NEWS) An amber alert has been issued for an 8-year-old Oklahoma girl Aja Jotson, whose mother was found dead in their house. She is suspected to be with a man Lester Hobbs, who is believed to be her stepfather. And he is also wanted for questioning in the death of Aja’s mother. The dead body of Aja’s mother was found last night by the police officers, who refused to divulge the cause of death.

Aja Jotson is a white female and is around 4 feet tall. She weighs around 65 lbs, and has brown hair and brown eyes too. Her physical structure is thin. Whereas Lester Hobbs is described as a white male who is 47 years old, and has a height of around 5 ft 9 inches. He weighs around 180 lbs. It is believed that he took the child with him, in a white 1992 Toyota Paseo Oklahoma license plate number 577BPW. This car is in a bad shape, as it doesn’t have any hubcaps, and the back window of the car has also being replaced by a piece of metal.

People who have any information are requested to contact the:
COMANCHE County Sheriffs Office
580-353-4280 or 877-652-6237

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 06:31:23 PM »

I just saw this on the highway signs on the way home from work.  How tragic her mom was killed. I pray they find Aja.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 09:15:07 PM »

Hey -- this is some hope -- Please Lord, please bring Aja to safety. 

Comanche County Mother Dead, Girl Missing
KAUZ News

We've just received new information of a possible sighting in the amber alert we've been following for you all day. The Texas Department of Public Safety says Lester William Hobbs and seven year old Asa Johnson were seen this afternoon in Brady, Texas. That's between Austin and San Angelo. Officials believe he may be heading to Rockport, which is in far south Texas. It's only a few hours from the US-Mexico border.
Multimedia

Watch The Video

Seven year old Aja Daniell Johnson is who police are looking for. They want to know if she is safe tonight and where she is.

Late last night police discovered the dead body of the girl's mother, Tonya Hobbs, inside an RV which she and this man, Lester William Hobbs were staying along with Aja Johnson. It has the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation treating Hobbs as a person of interest and they believe he and the seven year old girl are possibly together.

Richard Goss with the the OSBI said, "Right now we know they were driving a 1992 Toyota Paseo. The car has been described as white in color. It should have Oklahoma license plates 577-BPW."
   We're told the car also has no hubcaps and the passenger side window is broken and has plastic covering it. Officials are not sure where Lester Hobbs is heading but they do have a few ideas.

OSBI Spokesperson Jessica Brown told KAUZ News At Noon, "We believe they could be headed to Texas, Oregon or California in those three places because Mr. Hobbs has relatives in all three of those places. We just don't know where he's headed at this time. He's a transient and he really doesn't haven't ties except for those relatives in California, Oregon and Texas."

In the last briefing in Comanche County. Officials announced that a federal arrest warrant had been issued for Lester Hobbs on a failure to appear in court in Lincoln county for a DUI. That means if he's pulled over in another state he will be detained, and hopeful find Asa Johnson.

http://www.kauz.com/news/local/82647152.html
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 09:20:26 PM »

Lester Hobbs.

Brown says the last time Lester Hobbs and the girl were seen was Saturday evening.

Aja is 4 feet tall and weighs 65 pounds, according to CNN. She has brown hair and brown eyes and is very thin.

Lester Hobbs is about 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighs about 185 pounds, with hazel eyes and brown hair, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

He was last seen driving a 1992 Toyota Paseo with the Oklahoma license plate number 577-BPW.

Police urge anyone with information in the case to call the Geronimo Police Department at this direct line, 580-355-1115.

http://search.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/25/crimesider/entry6139698.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody
snip...

Edit to fix link.  MB
« Last Edit: January 26, 2010, 12:53:03 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 10:51:52 PM »

Just heaRD about this onNG...cant belive this Mother took this child back around that man after he had already threatened to kill her and hit the child in the head with a hammer...WTH

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 02:12:47 AM »

Link to some public records for Lester....

http://pastebin.com/m27a1b3a2
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2010, 02:16:04 AM »

looks like Lester Hobbs and Tonya Hobbs have only been married since 2005.....so Aja would have been about 2 years old when they got together?
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 02:21:24 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=1534
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 11:30:16 AM »

http://www.newsok.com/amber-alert-issued-for-girl-whose-mothers-body-was-found-sunday/article/3434575?custom_click=headlines_widget
Amber Alert expands for girl whose mother's body was found Sunday
(Videos and additional pictures available in article at above link)
FROM STAFF REPORTS    The Oklahoman   
Published: January 25, 2010
Modified: January 26, 2010 at 5:42 am

Lester Hobbs

This article has a lot of information I hadn't seen previously.  MuffyBee

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 05:43:45 PM »

Okla. Man Accused of Killing Wife, Kidnapping Girl

A woman found beaten to death in a motor home recently sought a protective order against her estranged husband, an ex-convict who was charged Tuesday with killing her and kidnapping her 7-year-old daughter.

Comanche County prosecutors charged Lester William Hobbs, 46, with first-degree murder and kidnapping in the killing of Tonya Hobbs and disappearance of her daughter, Aja Daniell Johnson.

Hobbs' body was discovered Sunday inside Lester Hobbs' motor home in Geronimo, a small town about 100 miles southwest of Oklahoma City. Lester Hobbs and the missing girl, who is not his biological daughter, were last seen by relatives Saturday evening.

"He has gone from being a person of interest in this case to a criminal defendant," Comanche County District Attorney Fred Smith said.

The medical examiner's office has not determined the official cause of death, but charging documents show Tonya Hobbs suffered blunt force trauma to her body.

In August, Tonya Hobbs sought a protective order against Lester Hobbs, writing in a petition that he threatened her daughters and vowed to kill her if she ever left him.

"My husband has threatened to hit my daughters in the head with a hammer and kill them," she wrote.

An emergency protective order was granted, but the case was dismissed two weeks later when both Tonya Hobbs and her husband failed to appear in court, records show.

Tonya Hobbs traveled with her two daughters to Geronimo on Saturday in an attempt to reconcile the relationship with Lester Hobbs, said Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown.

Tonya Hobbs' older daughter stayed with Hobbs' relatives and is not missing.

Aja's father, J.J. Johnson of Oklahoma City, delivered a tearful plea Monday for the girl's safe return.

"Please Lester, if you're listening, anybody who knows where she is, please take her to a safe spot," Johnson said. "I'll see that she's picked up with no questions asked.

MORE...

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory?id=9664904
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2010, 05:44:14 PM »

TH was suppose to have supervised visits by who? and where were they? Also she was suppose to be at a birthday party didn't anyone wonder where she was when she didn't show up? The RV was parked in a relatives yard, was that relative out of town? Did no one hear the gunshots?
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2010, 06:21:44 PM »

OSBI Press Conference Details Latest in Investigation of Missing 7-Year-Old (with video)

<snipped>

OSBI has also requested the states of California, Oregon, and Texas issue Amber Alerts due to Hobbs having relatives living in those states.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11883313
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 01:22:32 PM »

http://newsok.com/photo-shows-victim-suspect-holding-hands-hours-before-she-was-killed/article/3435072

Photo shows Geronimo slaying victim, suspect holding hands hours before she was killed

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 02:04:24 PM »

GERONIMO MOTHER BEATEN TO DEATH

The Oklahoma Medical Examiner rules that the Geronimo woman killed Sunday night was beaten to death. Tonya Hobbs suffered traumatic injuries to her head, neck and abdomen. The woman's 7-year old daughter, Aja Johnson remains missing after allegedly being abducted by her stepfather, Lester Hobbs. He has been charged with the murder of his ex-wife and the abduction of the little girl.

http://www.kokcradio.com/localnews/channels/Story.aspx?id=1189445
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2010, 02:07:07 PM »

Oklahoma Authorities Find Surveillance Video of Murder Suspect, Victim

OKLAHOMA CITY  —  Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents have found surveillance video of a murder suspect and the victim just hours before the victim was killed.

OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown said Wednesday that the video of 46-year-old Lester Hobbs and 37-year-old Tonya Hobbs was taken at a Wal-Mart in Lawton about 5:15 p.m. Saturday.

Tonya Hobbs was found beaten to death Sunday in her motor home in Geronimo and her 7-year-old daughter Aja is missing.

Lester Hobbs is now wanted on first-degree murder and kidnapping charges.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584081,00.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2010, 02:13:54 PM »

Oklahoma grandmother fears the worst for missing Geronimo girl (With police news conference video)

GERONIMO — It's been four days since anyone has seen Aja Johnson, and the 7-year-old's grandmother said this morning she fears Lester Hobbs has done something unspeakable to his stepdaughter.

"He hated that little girl," Oklahoma City resident Alice Dunkin said. "He's very mean to her. He would all but beat Aja."

Lester Hobbs was charged Tuesday with kidnapping Aja and killing the girl's mother, Tonya Hobbs.

"I'm afraid he's already killed her," said Dunkin, who is the mother of Tonya Hobbs. "It's been four days and we haven't heard a word. There's an Amber Alert out, and nobody has spotted them and nobody has spotted their car."

Dunkin said Hobbs may have had as much as a 24-hour head start before anyone found her daughter's body inside his recreational vehicle.

"He could be anywhere," she said.

What happened

Tonya Hobbs had known Lester Hobbs since she was 18, Dunkin said. She was 37 when she was found dead Sunday night in Geronimo.

A Comanche County court affidavit said Tonya Hobbs died from blunt force trauma to the body.

Dunkin said her daughter had taken her two daughters, Kerissa Hobbs, 13, and Aja Johnson, 7, to see Lester Hobbs because he had a Monday court date on a DUI charge for which he was afraid he was going back to prison.

Lester Hobbs is Kerissa's father, Dunkin said.

"They were separated but she took the girls down there because he wanted to see them one last time," Dunkin said.

On Saturday night, the family had dinner together, Dunkin said.

What happened next is not entirely clear, Dunkin said, but Kerissa Hobbs apparently left. She returned Sunday evening to find the door to the RV locked and her mother's car missing. She went to her aunt's home next door and the aunt used a knife to pry open the RV door.
When the door opened, about 9:40 p.m., they found the body.

A history of violence

Dunkin said she knew Lester Hobbs could get violent, especially when he was drinking.

Dunkin said he "cussed her out" on more than one occasion, and she said he had a history of domestic abuse and victim protective orders sought against him.

But Dunkin never thought Lester Hobbs would be capable of killing her daughter.

"I can see him beating her up, slapping her around and such, but murder — I never would have seen it in a million years," Dunkin said.

The thing that has her most confused, though, is why Hobbs took Aja.

"I've sat here and racked my brain about why he would let Kerissa go and take Aja," she said. "He didn't take his own daughter but he took Aja, and she's not any kin to him.

"He never liked Aja, and I'm afraid he's got something planned. I figure he's killed my daughter, and I hope and pray he comes back with my granddaughter. But I'm afraid it's looking grim that we'll never find her."

http://newsok.com/grandmother-fears-the-worst-for-missing-girl/article/3435071
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.