April 15, 2024, 10:39:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aja Johnson 7 missing / mother found dead Geronimo OK 1/24/09(BODY FOUND)  (Read 44789 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2010, 03:04:29 PM »

Just boggles my mind:

Snipped from above post:

http://newsok.com/grandmother-fears-the-worst-for-missing-girl/article/3435071

But Dunkin never thought Lester Hobbs would be capable of killing her daughter.

"I can see him beating her up, slapping her around and such, but murder — I never would have seen it in a million years," Dunkin said.

And Dunkin is a real fool.  She can see Hobbs beating her dauther up, slapping her around but murder seemed out of the question?!  What a dolt.  Who's to say Hobbs wouldn't have gone too far in the beating?  This just makes me sick.   Ignorant.    It would be Tonya Hobbs choice to go see Lester Hobbs.  But why, oh why bring a child he didn't like?  He was a violent man, a loser time and time again.  And still Tonya went to see him,  and brought Aja along with her.  And it's said in the above article Hobbs didn't like Aja.  Poor, poor Aja.  Having to go see someone like that.  Brought there by her own mother.      

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2010, 03:27:01 PM »

Horrible....

I think that is the only word to describe this situation.

I started a candle for Aja. Praying that someone will notice the monster's car and save her.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=aja
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2010, 03:57:29 PM »

http://newsok.com/photo-shows-geronimo-slaying-victim-suspect-holding-hands-hours-before-she-was-killed/article/3435072?custom_click=rss

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2010, 05:18:46 PM »

Store security photo shows wanted man with slaying victim (with video)

(CNN) -- Investigators released photographs Wednesday showing a man wanted in the case of a slain woman and her missing 7-year-old daughter.

The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation released images taken by a security camera of 37-year-old Tonya Hobbs and her estranged husband, Lester Williams Hobbs, as they shopped for food just hours before Tonya Hobbs was killed.

Police have charged Lester Hobbs with murder in his estranged wife's death. They also have charged him with kidnapping Tonya Hobbs' daughter, Aja Daniell Johnson, the bureau said Wednesday.

"These new pictures show the suspect car that is now missing as well as what the suspect, Lester Hobbs, looks like and the clothes he may be wearing now," a bureau spokeswoman, Jessica Brown, said in a statement.

Investigators have asked anyone with information about Hobbs or Aja to call a new hotline number at 1-800-THE-LOST.

The images released Wednesday were taken about 5:15 p.m. Saturday at a store in Lawton, Oklahoma. Shortly after that, the couple and Aja apparently went to the home of Lester Hobbs' sister to eat, police said.

Hobbs was found dead in a parked RV the next day in Geronimo, Oklahoma. Her daughter has been missing since then.

"We've got to find that little girl," Special Agent Ray Homer of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said this week.

The girl has a medical condition that requires medication, police have said, though they declined to elaborate.

Lester Hobbs, 46, and Aja are presumed to be in Hobbs' car -- a white 1992 Toyota Paseo with an Oklahoma tag number 577-BPW, police said.

Police have searched for them in Oklahoma and Texas.

Lester and Tonya Hobbs were separated, but apparently Tonya Hobbs was visiting her estranged husband in an attempt to reconcile, Richard Goss, agent in charge of the state bureau of investigation's Lawton, Oklahoma, office, told reporters this week.

Lester Hobbs is not Aja's biological father, police said. He has an extensive criminal history, Goss said, without elaborating.

Aja's biological father was awarded emergency custody of her in November, according to Oklahoma County District Court documents obtained by CNN affiliate KWTV of Oklahoma City.

At a hearing, Tonya Hobbs -- identified as Tonya Dunkin in the documents -- and the girl's father, John Johnson, agreed that she would have supervised visitation with Aja and keep the girl away from Lester Hobbs, the documents said.

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/01/27/oklahoma.missing.girl/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2010, 05:30:34 PM »

The Reno Police Department was not able to find in Reno a man wanted in Oklahoma on an Amber Alert.

Reno police officers have been made aware that there was an unconfirmed report Lester William Hobbs was seen in the West Fourth Street area and will continue to look for him, Lt. Mike Whan said.

"We don't have officers dedicated to it right this minute," Whan said. "We've cleared this call."

Although dispatchers told police Hobbs may be in the area and may have the daughter of the woman he is suspected of killing, no Amber Alert has been issued for the Reno area.

"We just checked and Oklahoma has not asked us to extend the Amber Alert into Nevada," Whan said.

http://www.rgj.com/article/20100127/NEWS/100127023/1321/news/Oklahoma-Amber-Alert-suspect-not-found-in-Reno-police-will-still-look-for-him-here

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2010, 06:28:30 AM »

Horrible....

I think that is the only word to describe this situation.

I started a candle for Aja. Praying that someone will notice the monster's car and save her.

http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=aja

Thanks B&E.  I cannot imagine the fear this child has experienced.  I pray she is alive and safe.  Lord, hold her in your arms and let her guardian angels guide her safely home.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2010, 05:34:59 PM »

I think she was dead within hours.. She is probably in the car and that car is probably in water or in some caynon or other out of the way place by now..
He looks different and is eating at some homeless shelter thinking on how he will create a new identity by now.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 07:18:26 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,584134,00.html
Officials: Murdered Oklahoma Woman's Car Possibly Spotted

Friday, January 29, 2010
OKLAHOMA CITY  —  Authorities in Oklahoma are trying to follow the trail of a murder suspect and a missing 7-year-old girl.

They say Lester Hobbs murdered his estranged wife Sunday and then vanished with her young daughter, Aja Johnson. The woman was found beaten to death in a motor home about 100 miles southwest of Oklahoma City.

Officials say a car matching the description of a vehicle belonging to the slain woman may have been spotted in Oklahoma City.

Meanwhile, the missing girl's father has been issuing frantic appeals for his daughter's safe return "no questions asked." Authorities in Oklahoma say it is crucial to find Aja as quickly as possible.

Lester Hobbs was last seen driving his wife's 1992 Toyota Paseo with Oklahoma license plates. The car has no hubcaps and has plastic covering the rear passenger window.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 03:49:22 PM »

1/29/10
Texas cancels Amber Alert for missing Okla. girl

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Texas officials are canceling an Amber Alert issued in that state for a missing 7-year-old Oklahoma girl.

Texas Department of Public Safety spokeswoman Tela Mange says the alert was deactivated Friday because no new information leads investigators to believe Aja Johnson is in Texas.

The girl and 46-year-old Lester Hobbs were last seen on Saturday - the day before Hobbs' estranged wife Tonya was found dead inside his motor home in Geronimo.

An Amber Alert was issued in Texas because investigators believed Hobbs may have traveled there.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown says there have been no substantiated sightings of the two or the white 2002 Toyota Paseo they are believed to be traveling in.

http://www.connectamarillo.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=409004

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2010, 10:36:50 AM »

I don't see how she's alive.  The grandma said he hated Aja.  Why would he take her?  I think it's more likely he killed Aja in front of her mother then killed the mother.  He got rid of Aja's body and took off.  I don't think he's a very bright man so I'd bet her body won't be far from the road.
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2010, 03:41:14 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/28/crimesider/entry6151111.shtml?tag=contentMain;contentBody

Snip...

Lester Hobbs has several tattoos, including the letters "LOVE" stitched on the fingers of his left hand and "ROSE" on the fingers of his right hand.

Snip...

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2010, 04:53:07 PM »

I really doubt it is about the Flower "Rose"

LE should find out of "Rose" is recent or ancient history..
The child is not that old and he may be hiding at Roses house.. ?

One chance to find this child alive in the care of another woman under the supervision of an inbred idiot named Lestor.
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2010, 05:17:01 PM »

I just found Aja, thread....And for the life of me, I can't feel any compassion for her dead mother. God Forgive me but she took that sweet innocent baby into a home that she knew she would not be safe in. Why are some women so damn stupid. He had already told her he would kill the girls, but this stupid cow took her there any way. Where was the person who was suppose to be supervising her visitation? Why even pick up the child and take her there? He has already made it plain he didn't care for so why take her there.
Prayers for her precious little life.

irS.

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 06:16:14 AM »

Good Morning everyone -- The Amber Alert system needs to be changed --

Comanche County sheriff wants Amber Alerts to go out across America
BY RON JACKSON The Oklahoman    Comments 0
Published: January 31, 2010

GERONIMO — Comanche County Sheriff Kenny Stradley had assumed Amber Alerts were broadcast nationwide. This week’s search for Aja Johnson has taught the veteran lawman otherwise.

More InfoAnyone who spots Aja Johnson, Lester Hobbs or the suspect car should call 911 immediately. Anyone who has information can also call the National Center for Missing and Exploited
Children at (800) 843-5678. Aja is described as 4 feet tall and weighing about 59 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair with black on the tips. Lester Hobbs is about 6 feet, 1 inch tall and 190 pounds. He should be considered armed and dangerous, authorities said. A $20,000 reward was posted Thursday for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Hobbs.

"I must admit I thought those Amber Alerts went out across the U.S.,” Stradley said. "Evidently, I was mistaken. That needs to change. When this is all over I will see what I can do about getting that changed. Right now, we need to find that little girl.”

Stradley requested the Amber Alert on Sunday night after the body of Aja’s slain mother, Tonya Hobbs, was found in the small town of Geronimo south of Lawton. Hobbs, 37, was found beaten to death inside the recreational vehicle of her estranged husband, Lester Hobbs.

The slaying was reported by Lester Hobbs’ sister, Mildred Anderson, at 9:42 p.m., according to a Comanche County court affidavit. County deputies and Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents were called, and it was quickly deduced that 7-year-old Aja, Lester Hobbs and Tonya Hobbs’ white 1992 Toyota Paseo were missing.

It was determined the report met Amber Alert guidelines, and an alert was issued at midnight.

Based on an interview with Anderson, investigators learned that Lester and Tonya Hobbs and Aja were last seen at 7 p.m. Saturday after having dinner at Anderson’s trailer home on the same town lot as the RV.

Investigators realized the alleged abductor may have been on the run for as long as 29 hours.

"This is an odd situation in that Lester had a 24- to 29-hour jump on us,” said Jessica Brown, OSBI spokeswoman. "He certainly had enough time to travel far away from Oklahoma, if in fact, that’s what he did. We just don’t know. That’s why a national Amber Alert system is paramount.”

Texas, Kansas, Arkansas, Colorado and Louisiana are generally cooperative about issuing Oklahoma’s Amber Alert requests, Brown said. Yet it appears only Texas issued an Amber Alert in Aja’s case, and the Texas alert was canceled on Friday.

"I understand the need for national guidelines,” Brown said.

"We have guidelines at the state level, and that’s fine. But I don’t see why a national system would be a problem. Only makes sense, right?”

In 2003, then-President George W. Bush signed the Prosecutorial Remedies and Other Tools to end the Exploitation of Children Today (PROTECT) Act into law. The act codified the national coordination of state and local Amber Alert programs, but stopped short of establishing a national system. Each state chooses when to release an Amber Alert.

Local authorities say they have done everything to maximize resources in the search for Aja. Comanche County District Attorney Fred Smith filed first-degree murder and kidnapping charges against Lester Hobbs last week. He said he did so to use the services of the U.S. Marshal’s Office and the FBI in case if it became a multistate chase.

"Now if we have a sighting in, say, Montana, I don’t have to pull one of my guys from down here and send him up there,” Stradley said.

"I can call the U.S. Marshal’s regional office up there and get some assistance immediately.”

Stradley said he still understands the importance of Amber Alerts, which have proven successful since their creation in 1997. In 2008 — the most recent data available — 194 Amber Alerts were issued nationwide involving 256 children, according to The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. The center reported that 166 of those cases resulted in recovery; about half could be attributed directly to the issuance of Amber Alerts.

Eight of the children were dead when they were found.

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/comanche-county-sheriff-wants-amber-alerts-to-go-out-across-america/article/3435924?custom_click=lead_story_title#ixzz0eBgrZjqS

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 11:18:38 AM »

Why in the h3ll didn't his sister call police when they showed up for dinner?  He was not supposed to be around Aja.  Why are people enabling these criminals?

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2010, 01:34:30 PM »

Why in the h3ll didn't his sister call police when they showed up for dinner?  He was not supposed to be around Aja.  Why are people enabling these criminals?

One thought is they were afraid of Lester Hobbs, and were worried about their own skins instead of protecting Aja.  And another thought is some people don't want to call the police because they themselves had previous run-ins or bad experiences with police or may even have something to hide themselves.  Maybe they figured it would be the last time they would have to deal with Lester Hobbs, because it looked like he was headed for jail.  And one last thought, maybe Aja's mom Tonya talked them into it. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2010, 08:22:02 PM »

http://www.koco.com/news/22395246/detail.html

Aja's Father: Don't Forget My Child
(Video in article)
POSTED: 5:50 pm CST January 31, 2010

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 08:46:56 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/?p=1615
Could Aja change the Amber Alert System?

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »

OKLAHOMA CITY (CBS/AP) Aja Daniell Johnson has been missing for over seven days, after allegedly being abducted by her mother's husband, Lester Hobbs, and now the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation and the US Marshal's Service in Oklahoma are offering a $20,000 reward for her return and for the capture of her abductor. http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/01/crimesider/entry6162529.shtml

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: February 02, 2010, 06:13:02 AM »

This not knowing about this cutie, and knowing who she is with, is just awful.  I cannot imagine how those close to her feel.

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.