March 28, 2024, 07:42:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aja Johnson 7 missing / mother found dead Geronimo OK 1/24/09(BODY FOUND)  (Read 44685 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: February 03, 2010, 01:31:48 PM »

Watching how slow LE is on this lost child and this criminal who murdered her mother.
It is enough to piss off a Buddhist Monk.....................................

I was not kidding about homeless shelters I hope LE have been looking at them.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: February 04, 2010, 10:59:10 AM »

http://www.koco.com/mostpopular/22449257/detail.html
(Video available in article)
Police Step Up Aja Johnson Search

Police Think Ice Storm May Have Slowed Lester Hobbs' Escape
POSTED: 6:30 pm CST February 3, 2010
UPDATED: 10:33 pm CST February 3, 2010

Authorities are ramping up their search for a registered sex offender who police believe abducted Aja Johnson, 7.

Aja has been missing for more than a week after her mother was slain in the town of Geronimo. Police have indicated that Lester Hobbs may be linked to the killing and the kidnapping.

The winter storm that hit the area slowed the search for Aja, but police said they think it may have also slowed Hobbs. They said they think he may have disguised himself and the girl.

Searchers Step Up Efforts For Missing Girl

Investigators said they're retracing their steps to the initial scene of the crime and hope to find fresh clues. They said bringing the case back into the spotlight is the best way to bring Aja home.

"We've gone back to square one and we're doing a lot of things to see if, by chance, we overlooked something," said Richard Goss of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

He said that none of the nearly 300 leads have panned out.

Comanche County Sheriff Kenny Stradley went house-to-house on Thursday to show Aja's picture, asking people if they have seen the girl.

"It's what everybody is talking about," said resident Janie Bowles. "She needs to be found safe."

Authorities said they believe Aja is still alive and may be close by. They said they don't believe Hobbs has left the state.

Teams have also been looking in barns and vacant homes.

There is a $20,000 reward available for information leading to Hobbs' arrest. Police said they're looking for a white Toyota Paseo with a plastic covering over one of the windows. They asked anyone who has seen Hobbs or the vehicle to call 911.

"We do need people's help," Goss said. "We know that the storm came in and people's attention was down and now we need to come back again. I will say this again. Act like this is your daughter and keep looking."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: February 04, 2010, 11:00:38 AM »

http://www.kauz.com/news/local/83494982.html

Renewed Search, No New Leads in Disappearance of Aja Johnson

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: February 04, 2010, 01:04:03 PM »

Sex offender unit added to search for missing Oklahoma girl Aja Johnson
BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS The Oklahoman   
Published: February 4, 2010

GERONIMO — The U.S. Marshal's Service has added its Sex Offender Investigation Unit to the search for a missing 7-year-old girl and her stepfather.

Authorities have been searching for 7-year-old Aja Johnson and 46-year-old Lester Hobbs since Jan. 24 when Hobbs' estranged wife — who was the girl's mother — was found beaten to death.

The body of 37-year-old Tonya Hobbs was found in a camper near Geronimo.

Marc Crawford with the marshals service says the sex offender unit was added because of the possibility Hobbs is sexually abusing the girl.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown says investigators are going through about 300 leads in the case.

http://www.newsok.com/sex-offender-unit-added-to-search-for-missing-geronimo-girl-aja-johnson/article/3437032?custom_click=pod_headline_crime

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2010, 12:33:59 AM »

Search Continues for Missing Oklahoma Girl

GERONIMO, Oklahoma -- The U.S. Marshal's Service has added its Sex Offender Investigation Unit to the search for a missing 7-year-old girl and her stepfather.

Authorities have been searching for 7-year-old Aja Johnson and Lester Hobbs since Jan. 24 when Tonya Hobbs, 37, Lester Hobbs' estranged wife and the mother of the girl, was found beaten to death in a camper near Geronimo in southern Comanche County. Hobbs, 46, was charged Jan. 26 in Comanche County District Court with first-degree murder and kidnapping.

Law enforcement officers conducted a house-by-house search Wednesday for the missing girl and planned to check every home in the area, said Marc Crawford of the Sex Offender Investigation Unit.

"We don't have any particular theories. It's just that we are going to start the investigation over again. Did we are law enforcement overlook something, and that's why we are working together as a team," Crawford said.

Crawford said that the Sex Offender Unit became involved in the investigation after investigators received information that Hobbs could be sexually abusing the child.

MORE..

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=11932652
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: February 06, 2010, 12:35:12 AM »

Chopper 4 helps search for missing girl

GERONIMO, OK -- For the first time, the investigation and search for missing girl, Aja Johnson, took the air on Friday. With the help of Chopper 4, search crews were able to get a bird's eye view of the most remote areas in the county.

An Amber Alert has been in effect since January 24 for 7-year-old Aja Johnson. The alert was issued after her mother, Tonya Hobbs, was found beaten to death in an RV in Geronimo.

Authorities believe Tonya's estranged husband 46-year-old Lester Hobbs took the little girl and killed Tonya.

Authorities are focused on finding the 1992 Toyota driven by Hobbs.

At the same time, on the ground, officers once again go door to door in Geronimo.

While the search again turned up empty, investigators aren't giving up hope.

"We're glad Channel 4 was here providing us with helicopter support. We still hope we can get Hobbs found and get Aja back to her father," said Marc Crawford.

Investigators are still offering a 20 thousand dollar reward for information that leads to an arrest.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-chopper-4-aja-johnson-story,0,2640273.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: February 06, 2010, 12:36:33 AM »

Search For Aja Johnson Continues

U.S. Marshals are taking to the skies and combing every inch of Geronimo in what is now the most intense search yet for missing seven-year-old, Aja Johnson. They are going door to door asking questions, scouring buildings, cellers. anything that could help find Aja.

Seven-year-old Aja and her step-father Lester Hobbs have been missing since January 24th. The same day Aja's mother was found beaten to death in her camper near Geronimo. A murder warrant has been issued for Hobb's.

If you have any information on Aja, Hobbs or where his 1992 Toyota Paseo with a license plate 577-BPW is, please call 911.

Richard Boss of the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation said, "We don't have any definitive information that Lester Hobbs might still be in the area of Geronimo, Oklahoma, but on the contrary we don't have any definitive information that has led us to believe he's outside of the area."

Officials say last week's ice storm hampered their search efforts, even though investigators have worked around the clock since Tonya Hobbs was killed. OSBI said they're following about 300 leads.

http://www.kauz.com/news/local/83690382.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: February 11, 2010, 04:02:57 PM »

Where is Aja Johnson? (with video)

PIEDMONT, OK -- It's been almost three weeks since the search for seven-year-old Aja Johnson began. The amber alert for the little girl was issued after her mother was found beaten to death in an RV in Geronimo. Aja's mother, 37-year-old Tonya Hobbs was laid to rest Tuesday.

Aja's father, Tonya's ex-husband was a pallbearer and says, "Her soul isn't quite rested yet because this hasn't been resolved." J.J. Says Tonya Hobbs took Aja for the weekend, but left him with a promise.

He says, "I believe she's still going to try to fulfill the promise that she made when she left here that day. She was going to bring my daughter back safely. She promised me that."

Authorities have finished their door to door search in Geronimo for Lester Hobbs.

Lester is Tonya's estranged husband.

He is charged with Tonya's murder and Aja's kidnapping.

Marc Crawford with the U.S. Marshals Service says of the search, "It was productive as far as letting us know where he's not, and that gave us a better feel for the investigation."

Investigators continue to follow up on tips from the public and Crawford says, "Every lead that comes in is new hope and a new inspiration in the investigation."

If you have any information about the location of Aja Johnson, Lester Hobbs, or the white 1992 Toyota Paseo they are believed to be in please call 1-800 THE LOST.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-where-aja-johnson-story,0,3625690.story
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2010, 08:43:15 PM »

There is so little information on this beautiful little girl.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
MindOnFire
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2010, 08:53:08 PM »

Where is Aja Johnson? (with video)

PIEDMONT, OK -- It's been almost three weeks since the search for seven-year-old Aja Johnson began. The amber alert for the little girl was issued after her mother was found beaten to death in an RV in Geronimo. Aja's mother, 37-year-old Tonya Hobbs was laid to rest Tuesday.

Aja's father, Tonya's ex-husband was a pallbearer and says, "Her soul isn't quite rested yet because this hasn't been resolved." J.J. Says Tonya Hobbs took Aja for the weekend, but left him with a promise.

He says, "I believe she's still going to try to fulfill the promise that she made when she left here that day. She was going to bring my daughter back safely. She promised me that."

Authorities have finished their door to door search in Geronimo for Lester Hobbs.

Lester is Tonya's estranged husband.

He is charged with Tonya's murder and Aja's kidnapping.

Marc Crawford with the U.S. Marshals Service says of the search, "It was productive as far as letting us know where he's not, and that gave us a better feel for the investigation."

Investigators continue to follow up on tips from the public and Crawford says, "Every lead that comes in is new hope and a new inspiration in the investigation."

If you have any information about the location of Aja Johnson, Lester Hobbs, or the white 1992 Toyota Paseo they are believed to be in please call 1-800 THE LOST.

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-where-aja-johnson-story,0,3625690.story

Hello, Northern Rose

I'm a new monkey, but I live in Northwest Arkansas, have a son living in Oklahoma going to college.  Just wanted to add that, during the time Aja has been missing, there was a terrible snow storm that blanketed nearly the entire state of Oklahoma.  Power was out all over the state, and many are worried about the search at that time.  I hate to say this, but my gut feeling is that this sweet little girl has come to the ultimate harm....

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- Confucius
MindOnFire
Scared Monkey

« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2010, 08:55:12 PM »

*Meant to say WERE worried at the time.

The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.
- Confucius
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2010, 06:29:25 PM »

2/15/10
Reward Increased For Information On Missing Oklahoma Girl
$ 20,000

Geronimo - A reward for information on the whereabouts of a seven-year-old girl thought to have been abducted by a man wanted for murdering the girl's mother has been increased.

A 20-thousand dollar reward is now being offered for information on Aja Johnson's whereabouts. She hasn't been seen since January 24th, when her mother, Tonya Hobbs, was found beaten to death inside an RV near Geronimo in southwestern Oklahoma.

Law enforcement in Oklahoma, Texas, California, Oregon and points in between have been looking for 46-year-old Lester Hobbs, who is charged with Tonya Hobbs' murder.

Authorities believe Lester Hobbs has a home in Lincoln County and may have relatives in Texas, California and Oregon.

Hobbs is a white male, about 5'9" and 185 pounds with brown hair and hazel eyes. He no longer has a goatee as seen in his photo here, but he does have a mustache. He has several tattoos all over his upper body.

He was last seen driving a white, two-door 1992 Toyota Paseo with Oklahoma tag 577-BPW. The vehicle has no hubcaps and its back window was covered with plastic.

Aja is a white female, about four feet tall and 65 pounds with a very thin build. She has brown hair and brown eyes. Authorities say the child has a health condition which requires daily medication.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Aja Johnson, Lester Hobbs or the vehicle is asked to immediately call 911.
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0210/706522.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2010, 07:30:59 AM »

http://www.newsok.com/investigators-continue-daunting-hunt-for-geronimo-girl/article/3439495?custom_click=pod_lead_crime
Investigators continue daunting hunt for Geronimo girl
BY RON JACKSON The Oklahoman   
Published: February 14, 2010

Aja Johnson The 7-year-old disappeared Jan. 24.

A search warrant has been issused for the recreational vehicle where Aja Johnson’s mother, Tonya LeAnn Hobbs, was found beaten to death. pHOTO BY RON JACKSON, THE OKLAHOMAN

GERONIMO — Inside the command post at Geronimo’s town hall, red-eyed investigators sift through documents, exchange theories and field every tip that might lead to finding 7-year-old Aja Johnson.

hey have done so continuously since Johnson’s disappearance on Jan. 24, the day Aja’s mother, Tonya LeAnn Hobbs, was found beaten to death inside a recreational vehicle in Geronimo. The RV was owned by Tonya’s estranged husband, Lester William Hobbs – the man now charged in Comanche County with her killing and Aja’s abduction.

Investigators from multiple agencies have followed more than 336 leads in a manhunt that has stretched across the nation. Yet there have been no confirmed sightings of Aja, Hobbs or the white 1992 Toyota Paseo that likely carried them away from the scene of her mother’s slaying.

"We will continue to look until that little girl is found,” said Richard Goss, the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent in charge. "We have essentially become Aja’s proxy family. The child is real. She’s a precious, 7-year-old girl with her whole life in front of her.”

J.J. Johnson, Aja’s father, said his daughter’s disappearance is a parent’s worst nightmare.

"I would like to tell her that Daddy loves her, and to come home,” said Johnson, who lives in Oklahoma City and is Aja’s custodial parent. "This may be old news to some people, but this news is front page every day for me.”

Goss, a law enforcement veteran of 34 years, rubs his tired eyes. He and other investigative team members have routinely logged 16- and 18-hour days in an effort to bring Aja home safely. They worked through the Jan. 28 ice storm, which knocked out electricity at the home of every team member.

They used a search warrant to confiscate the recreational vehicle, Comanche County Sheriff Kenny Stradley said. Crime scene investigators are now combing the vehicle for clues.

"If you can think of it, we’ve done it,” Goss said. "We’re following every lead, even the weak ones, because any one of them could turn out to be legit.”

Last week investigators mobilized within minutes of receiving a tip that Hobbs had been spotted at a Shawnee restaurant, Stradley said. The alleged sighting ended with hopes yet again dashed.

"I’ve had my share of manhunts over the years,” Goss said. "But I have never experienced one in which someone has been able to avoid detection with the amount of intensity we have applied to this investigation.

"I still hold the firm belief that the car is the key. If we find the car, we’ll find them.”

Alleged sightings have poured in from throughout Oklahoma, Texas, California, Oregon, Florida and Indiana, Goss said. Several calls were generated by "America’s Most Wanted”, which featured the case for a second time Saturday night during a 15-minute segment. The hot line has even received calls from psychics.

"We’re looking at everything,” Stradley said. "We just keep asking for the public’s help.”

Large strips of butcher paper hang on the walls inside the command post, listing the names of everyone pertinent to the investigation and a timeline of events. Telephones ring around the clock, and hope ebbs and flows with each new lead.

No one has to be reminded that Hobbs had as much as a 29-hour jump on law enforcement. "Really, it boils down to two things,” Goss said. "Hobbs is either receiving aid from a person or persons we’ve not yet identified, or he’s isolated himself somewhere with the automobile.”

The investigator in him refuses to rest.

"And let me say this: If anyone is providing aid or assistance to Hobbs, it’s not worth it,” Goss said. "This will end some day, and when it does we’ll find out.”

Read more: http://www.newsok.com/investigators-continue-daunting-hunt-for-geronimo-girl/article/3439495?custom_click=pod_lead_crime#ixzz0fhXfNDOx

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: February 17, 2010, 05:19:22 PM »

http://www.kokcradio.com/localnews/channels/Story.aspx?id=1196916
POLICE STILL GETTING AJA JOHNSON LEADS

2/16/2010

(Oklahoma City, OK) -- The OSBI says they're still getting leads, over three weeks after seven-year-old Aja Johnson disappeared, supposedly abducted by her mother's alleged killer, Lester Hobbs. Spokeswoman Jessica Brown says the two could be most anywhere, and an AMBER Alert remains in effect. The command post in the Comanche County town of Geronimo has been taken down, but the case is still being worked out of the OSBI office in Lawton. Brown says it's been difficult from the beginning with inclement weather and other barriers.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2010, 07:12:11 PM »

http://www.kokcradio.com/localnews/channels/Story.aspx?id=1196916
POLICE STILL GETTING AJA JOHNSON LEADS

2/16/2010

(Oklahoma City, OK) -- The OSBI says they're still getting leads, over three weeks after seven-year-old Aja Johnson disappeared, supposedly abducted by her mother's alleged killer, Lester Hobbs. Spokeswoman Jessica Brown says the two could be most anywhere, and an AMBER Alert remains in effect. The command post in the Comanche County town of Geronimo has been taken down, but the case is still being worked out of the OSBI office in Lawton. Brown says it's been difficult from the beginning with inclement weather and other barriers.

Thanks Ms. Bee!  Aja's whereabouts weigh on my mind.

I believe in miracles!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: February 22, 2010, 03:42:18 PM »

http://www.newsok.com/family-of-missing-geronimo-girl-waits/article/3441113?custom_click=pod_headline_crime
 Family of missing Geronimo girl waits
Relatives, friends keep eyes and ears open for sightings, news about 7-year-old Aja Johnson

BY RON JACKSON The Oklahoman   
Published: February 21, 2010

(Video Available)
BLANCHARD — Aja Johnson was beaten and bruised by her suspected abductor in August, according to a family friend who had sheltered the 7-year-old child and her mother at that time.

Lester William Hobbs, 46, the man wanted in connection with Aja’s apparent kidnapping and the slaying of his estranged wife, Tonya LeAnn Hobbs, "just went off” on the girl, bruising her "from her butt to the bottom of her knees,” said Sissy Miller, 26, of Blanchard.

"That poor child was bruised so badly she couldn’t even sit,” Miller said. "We took pictures and turned them into DHS. We told school officials, and they reported it, too, but we were just told there was nothing that could be done. Now look what’s happened.

Aja has been missing since Jan. 24, when relatives found her mother beaten to death inside Lester Hobbs’ recreational vehicle that was parked outside his sister’s trailer home in Geronimo.

Tonya Hobbs, 37, died from blunt force trauma to the body, according to the state medical examiner.

Since then there have been no confirmed sightings of Aja, Lester Hobbs or Tonya Hobbs’ white 1992 Toyota Paseo (Oklahoma tag 577-BPW), which investigators think might be key to solving the case. The U.S. Marshal’s office and the FBI have joined the hunt.

"I can’t even sleep at night,” said Miller, who is taking care of Tonya and Lester Hobbs’ 13-year-old daughter. "I just keep waiting to hear that little knock at the front door, hoping it will be Aja. I look all the time. Whenever I’m driving I’m constantly looking, thinking I might see her walking down the street.”

Miller said on a recent cold day, Aja’s older sister said to her, "‘I hope Aja has her coat. It’s really cold today.’ I just broke down and started crying.”

Roy Anderson, Miller’s father and next door neighbor, is also grieving. He had known Tonya Hobbs for 15 years and has raised her oldest child, a 15-year-old boy, since he was a baby.

Anderson said he worried about Tonya Hobbs’ relationship with Lester Hobbs.

"I tolerated him,” Anderson said. "Then I saw those bruises on that little girl, and that was it for me. I don’t care who you are, you just don’t hurt a child.”

Department of Human Services spokeswoman Beth Scott said Friday she could "neither confirm nor deny” the reports of Aja’s bruising.

She cited state law and the agency’s requirement to protect victim confidentiality.

J.J. Johnson, Aja’s father who gained custody of her in November, continues to have sleepless nights. Through it all, he said he remains positive.

"I just miss her so bad,” said Johnson, 60, of Oklahoma City. "Every time the phone rings I think, ‘This could be it. This could be the one.’

"I think about the day she comes home all the time. I just picture her walking through that front door with a big smile and hugging her daddy.”

Waiting for her
Aja’s bedroom remains as it was the day she left with her mother, supposedly for an overnight birthday party. Barbie dolls she played with in the bathtub rest atop a toy chest, her favorite miniature horse sits atop a dresser and a stuffed wiener dog lays on her tiny bed with a inscription stitched on its side: "I love you this much.”

A Disney castle toy stove sits against the wall.

"This is where she’d turn on the stove and say, ‘Daddy, I’m cooking breakfast,’” Johnson said. "She’s something else. ... I know wherever she’s at, she’s missing her daddy and wants to come home.”

Tonya Hobbs was supposed to have supervised visits only, but Johnson allowed her to take Aja to the party. He never imagined she would instead take Aja and her sister to see Lester Hobbs, who had reportedly threatened to harm Tonya and the girls only months earlier.

In August, Tonya Hobbs filed a request for a protective order in Lincoln County.

She wrote, "My husband has threatened to hit my daughters in the head with a hammer and kill them. He also threatened to kill me if I left him.”

The court dismissed the request when neither Tonya nor Lester Hobbs appeared for the hearing.

By January, Lester Hobbs’ freedom appeared to be in jeopardy. He was ordered to appear in Lincoln County District Court on Jan. 25 on a DUI charge, and his criminal past seemed to be catching up with him. In 2001, state Corrections Department records show, he was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon in Cleveland County.

"Lester wanted to see those kids one last time,” said Johnson, trying to piece together the tragedy. "For whatever reason, she trusted him, and it cost her her life.”

On the night before the discovery of Tonya Hobbs’ body, she and Lester Hobbs were seen arguing by the older daughter, Miller said.

"(She) told me Lester was yelling at Tonya,” Miller said. "He had found the numbers of some guys in her cell phone, and became angry. He even called a few of them, and one turned out to be a cousin.

"She misses Aja a lot,” Miller said of the older daughter. "I just tell her, ‘Pray.’ I truly believe Aja is still alive.”

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2010, 05:00:17 PM »

One Month Later, Geronimo Girl And Kidnapper Still Gone
Posted: Feb 25, 2010 9:25 AM CST
Updated: Feb 25, 2010 12:01 PM CST

LAWTON, OK -- The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is holding a news conference Thursday afternoon in Lawton concerning the search for a missing 7-year-old girl and her kidnapper.

It has been over a month since Aja Johnson disappeared as well as the man suspected of kidnapping her, Lester Hobbs.

The OSBI says it will be discussing where the case stands right now.

The girl and Hobbs haven't been seen since Hobbs' estranged wife, Tonya was found beaten to death in an RV in Geronimo on January 24.

The news conference will begin at 2 p.m. and The News On 6 is planning to live stream the news conference.
http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12043120

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2010, 07:24:11 PM »

http://newsok.com/agents-say-aja-johnsons-suspected-abductor-can-survive-on-little-money-and-food/article/3442219?custom_click=headlines_widget

Agents say Aja Johnson's suspected abductor can survive on little money and food

February 25, 2010

Lester Hobbs
LAWTON - Lester William Hobbs, 7-year-old Aja Johnson's suspected abductor, is a man who can survive in the shadows of society, investigators said during a press conference today.

Through hundreds of interviews, investigators said, they have uncovered the portrait of a drifter who can hustle money in pool halls, work on cars and sustain himself on pocket change. Now, more than a month after Aja's disappearance, they are again pleading for the public's help.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Agent-in-Charge Richard Goss had a message for Hobbs, who is charged with Aja's kidnapping and the Jan. 24 killing of his estranged wife and Aja's mother, Tonya LeAnn Hobbs.

"The intensity of this manhunt, our search for you, will not lessen, will not end, until Aja is returned," Goss read from a prepared statement. "Release Aja now. Drop her off at a Target, a Walmart, a K-Mart any busy store where she will be safe. Attach a note to her clothing simply stating: 'Call police Amber Alert Aja Johnson.' "

State and federal investigators have immersed themselves in Hobbs' world, starting with the Geronimo homicide scene inside his recreational vehicle.

Goss revealed for the first time that investigators think Tonya was beaten to death with a hammer and that Aja likely witnessed the killing "lying by her mother's side on a sofa."

Goss said his team has not received one concrete lead on Aja, Lester Hobbs or Tonya Hobbs' white 1992 Toyota Paseo, which they think Lester Hobbs was driving when he left the RV.

"Hobbs can survive on very little money 20 bucks here; 20 bucks there," Goss said. "In fact, his needs seem to be met with only cigarettes, liquor, and very little food. He is a self-taught automobile mechanic and will offer to do minor repairs for little money. He has worked in the past in small automotive garages and as a mechanic in service stations.

"He likes to cruise the Internet searching for lonely women," Goss said. "If Hobbs no longer has a vehicle, he will travel across the country by bus, or will hitchhike."

Investigators said Hobbs likes to change his appearance with the use of hair dyes and hair growth, but there are two physical characteristics he can't easily hide: Tattoos and a broken nose. Hobbs has the word "ROSE" tattooed across the top of the fingers of his right hand and "LOVE" tattooed across the top of the fingers of his left hand.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2010, 08:24:20 PM »

Oklahoma Agents: No Sign Of Little Girl And Kidnapper

Thursday, Feb 25, 2010 @03:41pm CST

(Lawton, OK) -- A manhunt continues in Oklahoma for a missing seven-year-old girl and the man who allegedly kidnapped her last month.

Lawmen believe little Aja Johnson was taken by 46-year-old Lester Hobbs.

On January 24th, Hobbs' estranged 36-year-old wife Tonya Hobbs, who is the mother of the girl, was found beaten to death in an RV in Geronimo, Oklahoma.

Hobbs is not in custody but has been charged with first-degree murder and kidnapping.

Richard Goss, an agent with the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation, told a news conference there is a 20-thousand-dollar reward for information leading to Hobbs' arrest and the recovery of the girl.

Goss appealed to the public to help find the girl and her kidnapper.

He said Hobbs works as an auto mechanic and can survive on very little money, needing only cigarettes, liquor and a little food.

Hobbs has distinctive tattoos on his hands that say "Rose" and "Love." Goss released photos that show Hobbs with a visibly crooked nose, different hairstyles and facial hair.

The agent urged Hobbs to drop the girl off at any busy retail store with a note attached to her clothing with her name and the message "call police." Goss added if anyone is sheltering Hobbs and the girl, they should notify authorities immediately or face justice.

Goss stated Hobbs is a violent man who beat his estranged wife to death with a hammer, possibly in the presence of the little girl.

The child is said to suffer from attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and sleeping problems that require medication.

It's believed the girl hasn't had her medication since January 22nd.

The girl's biological father, 66-year-old J.J. Johnson, has legal custody of the child, although it's unclear why she was with her mother when the woman was murdered and the girl was kidnapped.

Goss said Tonya Hobbs had a protective order against Lester Hobbs at the time of the crimes.

http://mystateline.com/content/fulltext/?cid=140771

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2010, 09:02:46 AM »

No news?

Where is she?

I believe in miracles!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.