March 29, 2024, 05:34:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aja Johnson 7 missing / mother found dead Geronimo OK 1/24/09(BODY FOUND)  (Read 44699 times)
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2010, 11:53:34 AM »

Aja Johnson update: New photos released in case of missing 7-year-old (slideshow, photos)
February 26, 2:37 PMCrime ExaminerCindy AdamsPrevious Next  Comment  Print  Email  RSS  Subscribe Subscribe

Get alerts when there is a new article from the Crime Examiner. Read Examiner.com's terms of use. Email Address

Include other special offers from Examiner.com
Terms of Use

Aja Johnson
(Family Photo)
If you like this ...
Aja Johnson: Officials continue to search for missing 7-year-old, Lester Hobbs charged (photos)
Aja Johnson case: Car driven by Lester Hobbs may have been spotted in Oklahoma City
Amber Alert cancelled for missing girl Aja Johnson
Aja Johnson update: $15,000 reward offered in case of missing Oklahoma girl
Gabriel Johnson update: Authorities search landfill and still no sign of missing baby
View all » Aja Johnson update: New photos released in case of missing 7-year-old (slideshow, photos)

Oklahoma authorities have released new photos in the case of missing 7-year-old, Aja Johnson. The photos show the little girl and the man accused of kidnapping her, Lester Hobbs. He is also accused of murdering his wife, Aja's mother, Tonya Hobbs.

Police believe Hobbs has been on the run with Aja for over a month, but have no evidence that he has harmed her.

On Thursday, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation Agent in Charge Richard Goss, said at a news conference that Hobbs enjoys playing pool at local bars, trolls the Internet for lonely women, and changes his hair color frequently.

According to Goss, Hobbs is also a self-taught mechanic and has worked in small garages for money.
“He’s been described as a cowardly abuser who only confronts people of a lesser stature than himself,” said Goss.

Deputy U.S. Marshal A.D. Templeton described Hobbs as “…a scavenger moving from point to point… traveling at night, just like a coyote.”

Hobbs has two distinctive tattoos including the word “ROSE” on his right hand and the word “LOVE” on his left hand. His nose has been broken, thus it is crooked.

KOCO reports that Hobbs threatened to kill his wife and children in the past with a hammer.

“It now appears that Lester Hobbs carried out that threat and actually used a hammer to kill his own wife. Very possibly, Aja lay on the sofa next to him,” said Goss.

Aja is 4-feet tall, with brown eyes and brown hair and weighs about 65 pounds.

Lester Hobbs is 6-foot-1 and weighs about 190 pounds. He has green eyes, brown hair, and multiple tattoos, including wings on his chest and the word "Tony" on his left forearm. He was last seen driving a white 1995 Toyota Paseo with Oklahoma license plate 577-BPW. Reports indicate the rear window may be broken out and the vehicle is missing hubcaps.

Anyone with information should call the U.S. Marshals Service in Oklahoma City at (405) 231-4206.

To watch breaking news and events streamed live over the Net, click here.

For U.S. headlines, click here.

See new photos released by authorities, below:

labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2010, 11:35:04 PM »

Where is Lester Hobbs?  How does he just disappear?  No sightings?  I think that I heard of one in TX.  This is so sad.  I grew up in Coweta, Oklahoma (18 years).  I pray that little Aja is found and I pray that she is unharmed.  What a sad sad story.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2010, 01:02:30 PM »

Where is Lester Hobbs?  How does he just disappear?  No sightings?  I think that I heard of one in TX.  This is so sad.  I grew up in Coweta, Oklahoma (18 years).  I pray that little Aja is found and I pray that she is unharmed.  What a sad sad story.

(Bolded by me)

Here's an article that talks about how and why  hard it might be to find Lester Hobbs:

http://newsok.com/agents-say-aja-johnsons-suspected-abductor-can-survive-on-little-money-and-food/article/3442219?custom_click=headlines_widget

<snip>
Goss revealed for the first time that investigators think Tonya was beaten to death with a hammer and that Aja likely witnessed the killing "lying by her mother's side on a sofa."

Goss said his team has not received one concrete lead on Aja, Lester Hobbs or Tonya Hobbs' white 1992 Toyota Paseo, which they think Lester Hobbs was driving when he left the RV.

"Hobbs can survive on very little money 20 bucks here; 20 bucks there," Goss said. "In fact, his needs seem to be met with only cigarettes, liquor, and very little food. He is a self-taught automobile mechanic and will offer to do minor repairs for little money. He has worked in the past in small automotive garages and as a mechanic in service stations.

"He likes to cruise the Internet searching for lonely women," Goss said. "If Hobbs no longer has a vehicle, he will travel across the country by bus, or will hitchhike."

Investigators said Hobbs likes to change his appearance with the use of hair dyes and hair growth, but there are two physical characteristics he can't easily hide: Tattoos and a broken nose. Hobbs has the word "ROSE" tattooed across the top of the fingers of his right hand and "LOVE" tattooed across the top of the fingers of his left hand.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2010, 01:34:00 PM »

thanks MuffyBee...that was very helpful.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2010, 01:50:37 PM »

thanks MuffyBee...that was very helpful.

I forgot my manners.  Welcome to Scared Monkeys, labubske.      I keep checking for any news about Aja, and like you, I pray she will be found and that she is unharmed.  But after what I've read about Lester, I'm really afraid for her. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2010, 12:41:12 AM »

Prayers for Aja.  You are dear to my heart.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2010, 05:27:18 PM »

They need billboards along major freeways with his face plastered all over it..

I do not think the child is safe.. she may also be in heaven.
canadianmonkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2010, 03:03:40 PM »

Alleged Murderer's Family Pleads For Release of Aja Johnson
Posted: Mar 05, 2010 9:29 PM EST
Updated: Mar 06, 2010 10:17 PM EST
Featured Video  Family Members of Lester Hobbs Call Him Violent, Abusive

Lester Hobbs is wanted for the murder of Tonya Hobbs and kidnapping her 7-year-old daughter Aja Johnson.
Enlarge this picture

Hobbs family is pleading for the safe return of Aja.By Colleen Chen, NEWS 9

GERONIMO, Oklahoma -- The family of Lester Hobbs is pleading for him to let 7-year-old Aja Johnson go.

Investigators believe Lester Hobbs took the girl after killing her mother in January. Tonya Hobbs was found dead by her sister-in-law Mildred Anderson.

"It was horrifying. We had tried for hours to get in touch with Tonya and Lester after the car had been missing for several hours. We kept calling cell phones and got the voicemail. We then realized the phone was ringing from inside the camper. When I stepped in, all I saw was an arm and a hand sticking out," Anderson said.

Lester's brother Buck said he was horrified but not surprised when he found out about Tonya's death.

"He's a very violent man. He had made threats to kill her many times. I don't think he's been with one woman he hasn't been," Buck Hobbs said.

Buck said he wants his brother brought to justice, but more importantly he wants Aja Johnson to get home safely.

"I pray for her every night. I pray that she's OK. I can't imagine what she's been going through," he said.

The siblings of Lester Hobbs said they've been repeatedly questioned by the OSBI, but are adamant they have no information on Lester's whereabouts.

"If I knew anything, authorities would get the first phone call. Anytime we think of anything that might help, we call them. We've left messages in the middle of the night," Anderson said.

The family said they have worried that neither Aja or Lester are still alive but are trying to stay positive.

"I don't think we'll ever see Lester again. He's too afraid of prison to turn himself in, but we want him to give up the little girl," Buck said.

Buck said he has a message directly for his brother Lester.

"Please let that little girl go. All she's ever done is love you. She does not deserve anything she could be going through right now," Buck said.

Another sibling, Betty Smith, said she has a message for the rest of America.

"Somebody out there has had to see that car or has had to seen him. Lord help them if they have and let them come forward," Smith said.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12093874
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2010, 01:45:48 AM »

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2010, 08:23:07 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/03/22/aja-johnson-case-hobbs-family-flunks-test/
Aja Johnson Case: Hobbs’ Family Flunks Test
Posted on March 22nd, 2010 by Valhall

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2010, 11:35:34 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/2010/03/22/aja-johnson-case-hobbs-family-flunks-test/
Aja Johnson Case: Hobbs’ Family Flunks Test
Posted on March 22nd, 2010 by Valhall
Thanks trimmon.
That article gave me the sickest feeling in my stomach. This whole family needs to be pulled in and interrogated.

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2010, 05:04:06 PM »

Aja Johnson missing 2 months   

I hope these pics turn out ok.  They are posted at this site, along with a new article:
http://www.michellesigona.com/2010/03/aja-johnson-missing-2-months-today/

Aja Johnson missing

Lester Hobbs

Lester Hobbs

Lester Hobbs

Lester and Aja, just hours before Tonya's murder

1992 Toyota Paseo

Lester (in red cap right) and Tonya, holding hands at Walmart, just hours before her murder

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2010, 05:28:28 PM »

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2010, 05:40:27 PM »

With as close as this RV is to Lester's sister's home, it's hard to believe that no one saw or heard a dang thing..... IMO   

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2010, 07:06:57 PM »

http://newsok.com/cars-bodies-found-in-case-of-aja-johnson-missing-oklahoma-girl/article/3449950

Car, bodies found in Aja Johnson case
FROM STAFF REPORTS   
Published: March 29, 2010

video at link

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: March 29, 2010, 07:09:00 PM »

Kidnapping and Murder Suspect's Vehicle Found
KSBI News

Story Created: Mar 29, 2010 at 4:54 PM CDT

Story Updated: Mar 29, 2010 at 5:41 PM CDT

A major development has unfolded in the case of a missing 7-year-old girl.

Officials have discovered the car of Lester Hobbs.  He's accused of killing his estranged wife, Tonya Hobbs, before kidnapping her daughter Aja Johnson.

The vehicle was found near Lake Thunderbird in Norman.  Initial reports were that two bodies were found.  One was inside the vehicle and the other was outside the vehicle.

KSBI Thunder TV has a crew on the way.  Stay tuned www.ksbitv.com for updates.

Aja disappeared with Hobbs in January and no one has seen them or Hobbs' vehicle since.
http://www.ksbitv.com/news/89463817.html

~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #76 on: March 29, 2010, 07:10:00 PM »

Two bodies found but will not confirm who it is .... Lester Hobbs car found... stay tuned

Might have news on this link...

http://www.kfor.com/news/livestreaming/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #77 on: March 29, 2010, 07:11:23 PM »

NORMAN, Oklahoma -- Authorities have a confirmed they have found a car in rural Norman connected to a man wanted for murder and kidnapping.

A white Toyota Paseo with Oklahoma license plate number 577-BPW was found at Southeast 108th Street and Highway 9 in Norman. The car matched the description of a car authorities said they believed Lester Hobbs was driving after murdering his estranged wife, Tonya Hobbs, in January and kidnapping her 7-year-old daughter Aja Johnson.

Police said they found the car after receiving a tip from an unknown person.

SkyNEWS 9 HD Pilot Mason Dunn said the car looked as though it had been at the location for quite some time. He also said there appeared to be a possible body outside the car and possible another inside the car.

NEWS 9 spoke with Aja's father at his Oklahoma City home. J.J. Johnson arrived home around 4:30 p.m. and said he had not heard anything from authorities.

When NEWS 9 updated J.J. Johnson on what crews were able to see at the scene, he became visibly upset.
http://www.news9.com/global/story.asp?s=12222803

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: March 29, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »

http://www.koco.com/mostpopular/22992639/detail.html
Lester Hobbs' Car Found In Norman
Stay Tuned To KOCO.com For Further Details

POSTED: 4:39 pm CDT March 29, 2010
UPDATED: 5:32 pm CDT March 29, 2010
NORMAN, Okla. --
A vehicle belonging to a man sought in the death of his wife and the kidnapping of her 7-year-old daughter has been found, police said.

New Video: Lester Hobbs' Car Found In Norman

Lester Hobbs' Toyota Paseo was found near 108th Street and Highway 9 at about 4 p.m. Monday. A spokeswoman with the state medical examiner's office confirmed that an examiner has been called to the scene.

Hobbs is wanted in connection with the death of his wife, Tonya Hobbs, and the kidnapping of her daughter, Aja Johnson. The 7-year-old has not been seen for two months.

Agents with the Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation are at the scene.

Stay tuned to KOCO.com for further details, and tune into Eyewitness News 5 for a full TV report at 5, 6 p.m.

Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2010, 08:33:43 PM »

They do not call the medical people in for nothing..

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.