March 28, 2024, 01:13:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aja Johnson 7 missing / mother found dead Geronimo OK 1/24/09(BODY FOUND)  (Read 44676 times)
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2010, 08:38:50 PM »

Poor Child..

Sorry, but I will be happy to establish he is dead.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2010, 08:44:22 PM »

OSBI: 2 Bodies Found Near Car
Agents Say No Reason To Believe Bodies Not Those Of Lester Hobbs, Aja Johnson

NORMAN, Okla. -- Two bodies were found near a vehicle belonging to Lester Hobbs, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents said late Monday.

OSBI spokeswoman Jessica Brown said that there is no reason not to believe the bodies aren't those of Lester Hobbs and 7-year-old Aja Johnson. However, no official identification has been made.

Brown told reporters late Monday that a note had been found at the scene. The contents of that note were not immediately known.

Hobbs' Toyota Paseo was found near 108th Street and Highway 9 at about 2:45 p.m., Norman police said. A spokeswoman with the state medical examiner's office confirmed that an examiner had been called to the scene.

Hobbs was wanted in connection with the death of his wife, Tonya Hobbs, and the kidnapping of her daughter, Aja Johnson. The 7-year-old had not been seen for two months.

http://www.koco.com/mostpopular/22992639/detail.html
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2010, 08:59:41 PM »

I do hope that child did not suffer.. 

On the other hand I hope lester's gun went off in his pocket and shot his winky off and died slow and painful..

did I write that ? 
MyView
Scared Monkey

« Reply #83 on: March 29, 2010, 09:09:10 PM »

R.I.P little Aja Johnson
[/color]
my2cents
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: March 29, 2010, 09:13:00 PM »

This is so sad....God Bless little Aja
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #85 on: March 29, 2010, 10:19:27 PM »

This is heartbreaking.. Another innocent child gone in the hands of another evil monster.

God Bless our Children..
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: March 29, 2010, 11:02:16 PM »

Aja Johnson's father says he knew missing girl was dead

NORMAN — J.J. Johnson had a strong premonition that his abducted 7-year-old daughter, Aja, was dead. On Monday, that premonition appeared correct.

The decomposing bodies of an adult and child were found in a heavily wooded area near Lake Thunderbird. Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said agents think the remains are those of Aja and her alleged abductor, Lester William Hobbs.

Neither has been seen since Jan. 23.

"We have no reason to think it is not those two people," Brown said at a news conference. "We do not know the cause and manner of death yet."

Investigators also found the white, 1992 Toyota Paseo at the scene — a vehicle that belonged to Aja's mother and Lester's estranged wife, Tonya LeAnn Hobbs. Tonya Hobbs, 37, was found bludgeoned to death inside Lester Hobbs' recreational vehicle Jan. 24 in Geronimo.

Agents have since suspected Lester Hobbs of fleeing Comanche County in that vehicle after killing his wife. An aerial view from a television helicopter showed the vehicle's in a patch of clearing in a wooded area not far from 108th Avenue SE, just north of State Highway 9. A dirt road trailed past the vehicle through the woods.

"An OSBI agent came to the house and told me she couldn't positively tell me they had found Aja," Johnson told The Oklahoman as television crews gathered outside his south Oklahoma City home. "I said, 'I know it's her.' I saw her little jacket on the ground on TV.' We bought her a little blue jacket with orange lining for the winter.

"I know it's her."

Brown described the bodies as being in "quite an extended state of decomposition," meaning fingerprints and dental records will be used to make a positive identification. Authorities also found a note at the scene. While Brown declined to say what the note said, she added that "it does give us a glimpse of what was in Hobbs' mind at the time."

Johnson, meanwhile, said the wait has been tortuous.

"About three weeks ago, I started to suspect this," said Johnson, who received sole custody of his daughter after a court order in October. "As a parent, you have this fire in you that burns for your kid, and that fire went out.

"I just knew that gutless man would end up killing Aja and then himself. I've known all along that he was a coward."

Tonya Hobbs petitioned for a protective order against Hobbs in Lincoln County in August, but it was dismissed when neither showed up for a hearing.

Lester Hobbs served time in prison for assault and battery with a deadly weapon.

On the day Tonya Hobbs' body was found, he was scheduled to appear in court on a DUI charge and family members said he feared he would be returned to prison.

A resident discovered the car and bodies just before 3 p.m., said Norman police spokeswoman Jennifer Newell.

Norman officers had previously investigated at least one lead that Hobbs and the child had been spotted in Cleveland County. But Newell said, "It was not enough information to lead to anything."

Hobbs reportedly lived in Norman and may have been familiar with the area where his car was found, both Newell and Brown said.

"I just can't believe this has happened," Johnson said. "I'm numb."

http://newsok.com/father-says-he-knew-missing-girl-was-dead/article/3449984
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #87 on: March 29, 2010, 11:02:40 PM »

This is heartbreaking.. Another innocent child gone in the hands of another evil monster.

God Bless our Children..

this poor child..she must have been so frightened...my heart hurts right now...

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #88 on: March 29, 2010, 11:10:22 PM »

Authorities confirm a car belonging to Lester Hobbs was found near Lake Thunderbird on Monday.  (video)

http://www.koco.com/video/22994251/index.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #89 on: March 29, 2010, 11:12:58 PM »

An OSBI spokeswoman talks about finding Lester Hobbs' car near Lake Thunderbird. (video)

http://www.koco.com/video/22994220/index.html
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2010, 11:21:40 PM »

Another child killed by the hands of another monster.  RIP in Peace Aja, God Bless you Angel.  an angelic monkey

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #91 on: March 30, 2010, 01:43:31 AM »

RIP sweet Aja

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2010, 06:47:00 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
Aja Johnson Case: Lester Hobbs car found along with two Bodies

Posted on March 29th, 2010 by Valhall

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2010, 06:50:43 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/03/30/national/main6346047.shtml

NORMAN, Okla., March 30, 2010
Bodies Found Linked to Okla. Murder-Kidnap
Police say 2 Bodies Discovered Near Car Sought in Case of Man Accused of Killing Wife Likely Him, Daughter

AP)   Police in Oklahoma said Monday that two bodies found near a car belonging to a man accused of killing his estranged wife and kidnapping her 7-year-old daughter more than two months ago are likely those of the girl and the man.

Police said officers discovered the vehicle and bodies after receiving a call about 2:45 p.m. about an abandoned car near Oklahoma Highway 9 in southeast Norman. Police suspect the bodies are those of 7-year-old Aja Johnson and her stepfather, Lester Hobbs.

"We have no reason to believe it's not those two people," said Jessica Brown, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, who added that the bodies were in an advanced state of decomposition. "We wish it would have turned out differently."

Brown said the Oklahoma Medical Examiner's office will use fingerprints to positively identify Hobbs and dental records may have to be used to identify the girl. Brown characterized papers found inside the vehicle as a possible suicide note. She said no weapon had been found and officials hadn't immediately determined a cause of death.

Hobbs and the child had been missing since Aja's mother, Tonya Hobbs, was found dead Jan. 24 inside Lester Hobbs' motor home in Geronimo, about 100 miles southwest of Oklahoma City. Police searched for Hobbs and the girl and an Amber Alert was issued, but information called into authorities didn't lead to their whereabouts.

Meanwhile, Comanche County prosecutors charged Lester Hobbs with first-degree murder for his estranged wife's killing and with kidnapping for Aja's disappearance
Brown said investigators don't know how long the vehicle had been at the scene, but it could have been at least a month. The car was found well off the road in a clearing surrounded by trees and thicket.

Brown said Hobbs, 46, lived in Norman for several years in the past and may have been familiar with the area where the car and bodies were discovered.

Brown also said Hobbs' relatives would be questioned about whether they helped him flee following Tonya Hobbs' killing.

"We have no indication at this point in time that anyone did that," she said.

Aja's father, J.J. Johnson, couldn't be reached for comment by The Associated Press. He told reporters earlier that the discovery was closure for him and his family and his daughter is in a better place.

"As a parent, you know, the love for your child always burns in you. For some odd reason that fire burned out," Johnson told KWTV.

"I had a funny feeling something would happen like this. I never really wanted to accept it, but it was in the back of my mind. The thought of what he may be doing to her, I don't have to think about that anymore."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #94 on: March 30, 2010, 07:10:22 AM »

NANCY GRACE

Two Bodies Found in Oklahoma Maybe Be Child and Her Kidnapper

Aired March 29, 2010 - 20:00:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.
PAT LALAMA, GUEST HOST

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1003/29/ng.01.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: March 30, 2010, 07:26:54 AM »

Play with the angels sweet Aja...so sad.

What a horrible horrible man...with his obvious anger...he could have been stopped LONG before this ever happened.  WHY do people wait until the worse case scenario happens?  Why not do something before that?

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: March 30, 2010, 09:23:52 AM »

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12224855
2 bodies found near car sought in Okla. kidnapping
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 11:24 PM CDT Updated: Mar 30, 2010 7:08 AM CDT
By TIM TALLEY
Associated Press Writer

NORMAN, Okla. (AP) - Police in Oklahoma said Monday that two bodies found near a car belonging to a man accused of killing his estranged wife and kidnapping her 7-year-old daughter more than two months ago are likely those of the girl and the man.

Police said officers discovered the vehicle and bodies after receiving a call about 2:45 p.m. about an abandoned car near Oklahoma Highway 9 in southeast Norman. Police suspect the bodies are those of 7-year-old Aja Johnson and her stepfather, Lester Hobbs.

"We have no reason to believe it's not those two people," said Jessica Brown, a spokeswoman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, who added that the bodies were in an advanced state of decomposition. "We wish it would have turned out differently."

Brown said the Oklahoma Medical Examiner's office will use fingerprints to positively identify Hobbs and dental records may have to be used to identify the girl. Brown characterized papers found inside the vehicle as a possible suicide note. She said no weapon had been found and officials hadn't immediately determined a cause of death.

Hobbs and the child had been missing since Aja's mother, Tonya Hobbs, was found dead Jan. 24 inside Lester Hobbs' motor home in Geronimo, about 100 miles southwest of Oklahoma City. Police searched for Hobbs and the girl and an Amber Alert was issued, but information called into authorities didn't lead to their whereabouts.

Meanwhile, Comanche County prosecutors charged Lester Hobbs with first-degree murder for his estranged wife's killing and with kidnapping for Aja's disappearance.
Brown said investigators don't know how long the vehicle had been at the scene, but it could have been at least a month. The car was found well off the road in a clearing surrounded by trees and thicket.

Brown said Hobbs, 46, lived in Norman for several years in the past and may have been familiar with the area where the car and bodies were discovered.

Brown also said Hobbs' relatives would be questioned about whether they helped him flee following Tonya Hobbs' killing.

"We have no indication at this point in time that anyone did that," she said.

~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: March 30, 2010, 09:45:16 AM »

it wasn't enough for this idiot to murder this little girl's mother, he had to take her and put her through God knows what before murdering her as well...I am so very angry...another child taken way too soon who was put in a position that she had no control over...God bless this child...

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: March 30, 2010, 11:25:42 AM »

I'm going to assume her body has been found.  His car, the body of a man and child, the dad saw a pick jacket in the car just like the one he gave her....it's her   

I'm moving this thread now.  Another horrible ending for an innocent child.
burkieandemme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #99 on: March 30, 2010, 01:10:55 PM »

Rest in peace little Aja.   

My thoughts and prayers go out to your family.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.