March 28, 2024, 09:03:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aja Johnson 7 missing / mother found dead Geronimo OK 1/24/09(BODY FOUND)  (Read 44673 times)
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2010, 02:32:44 PM »

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=12222803
Car, Bodies Found in Connection With Case of Missing Girl Aja Johnson
Posted: Mar 29, 2010 4:08 PM CDT Updated: Mar 30, 2010 12:22 PM CDT
News9.com and NewsOn6.com had originally planned to live stream a 9 a.m. update, but have since learned it is an internal briefing only.

News9.com 

NORMAN, Oklahoma -- Authorities are awaiting confirmation that two bodies found in rural Norman are of missing 7-year-old Aja Johnson and the man charged with kidnapping her and killing her mother.

A white Toyota Paseo with Oklahoma license plate number 577-BPW was found at S.E. 108th Street and State Highway 9 in Norman. The car matched the description of a car authorities said they believed Lester Hobbs was driving after murdering his estranged wife, Tonya Hobbs, in January and kidnapping her 7-year-old daughter, Aja Johnson.

Norman Police said they found the car after receiving a 911 call from an unidentified person around 2:45 p.m. Monday, telling them to check out an abandoned vehicle in some woods along S.E. 108th Street near Lake Thunderbird.

Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokesperson Jessica Brown said an adult's and child's bodies were found at the scene, but were so decomposed they would have to use fingerprints and dental records to identify them. However, Brown said they do not have a reason to believe the bodies are not those of Lester Hobbs and Aja Johnson.

SkyNEWS 9 HD captured one body being pulled from the driver's seat of the vehicle, and another body was found outside the car on the passenger's side.

The bodies were taken to the state Medical Examiner's office where investigators will determine the cause of death and positively identify the bodies.
Brown said a note was also found inside the car. She did not go into details of what the note said exactly, but said it was somewhat of a suicide note.

"It does give us an idea of what happened, and what Hobbs was thinking at the time," Brown said.

NEWS 9 was told that in the note Hobbs blamed a host of people for recent events, including the death of his estranged wife, Tonya Hobbs, but he never blamed himself. He also poked fun at police in their inability to locate him.

Brown said the car had been in the woods, "weeks if not more than a month or so," but investigators do not believe it had been there since Hobbs and Aja went missing in January.

A decade ago, Hobbs lived in a house not far from the crime scene in Norman. Bobie Ford knew Lester Hobbs when he lived there, and said after the abduction he suspected Hobbs would come back, so he called 911.

"They said they would pass the information along, but they didn't have the police force to be able to come out here and patrol to look for him," Ford said.

Norman police said they recalled a call like that.

"We would go to that area and there was nothing we could confirm in that area whether they were camped out or staying in somebody's house," said Norman Police MPO Jennifer Newell.

NEWS 9 met Aja's father, J.J. Johnson, outside his Oklahoma City home and broke the news to him of the discovery in Norman Monday. He was immediately overwhelmed with grief but also expressed relief and admitted for the first time he lost hope long ago.
As a parent, love for your child always burns, but for some odd reason that fire went out. I had a funny feeling something like this would happen. That gutless person he is, he would do something like this. I never wanted to accept it, but in the back of my head I knew he'd do something like this," J.J. Johnson said.

Terri Johnson, J.J. Johnson's wife, said from video she saw of the scene, she recognized a jacket outside of the vehicle as Aja's.

"We saw the coat Aja took with her on the back rear tire of the car," Terri Johnson said.

While dealing with the devastating situation, the Johnsons said the one positive thing to come out of this for them was closure.

"It is closure to me because now I know she is going to be in a better place, and those thoughts in my head of what he was doing to her, the torturing he is doing, you know, I don't have to think of that anymore," J.J. Johnson said.

And now that the search for Aja is over, her family said they are remembering the life of the girl they loved so much.

"Aja was loved by a lot of people. She touched a lot of people's hearts during her short time here on earth. She touched a lot of people," J.J. Johnson said.

The Johnsons said they also wanted to thank Oklahomans for their support during the difficult past two months.

"I cannot thank you all enough for everything you have all done for me. Your support is overwhelming. I moved here in 1982, and from the bottom of my heart I love Oklahoma," J.J. Johnson said.
J.J. Johnson said he stayed home instead of going to the crime scene because he wanted to remember his baby girl the way she was when he last saw her in January, "beautiful, happy and full of life."

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2010, 02:37:18 PM »

Norman Police Discuss The Latest In The Case(video)
http://www.news9.com/Global/category.asp?C=116601&clipId=4662468&autostart=true

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2010, 03:11:05 PM »

Neighbors: 'We Told Police Where Car Was
http://www.koco.com/video/22995331/index.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2010, 03:11:47 PM »

Suicide Note Found Near Hobbs' Car
http://www.koco.com/video/22995273/index.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2010, 03:15:59 PM »

Former Neighbor Says He Tipped Police
OSBI: Lester Hobbs' Vehicle, 2 Bodies Found Near Lake Thunderbird

NORMAN, Okla. -- Two people who knew Lester Hobbs when he lived in Norman said they told investigators exactly where to look when Aja Johnson was first declared missing.

Gene Pierce said Hobbs was his neighbor several years ago.

“I called (the Cleveland County Sheriff's office) and they never went and checked it," he said. "Maybe that girl’s life could have been saved if they would have went and checked it.”

However, Cleveland County Undersheriff Rhett Burnett said his office doesn't have any record of Pierce calling.

Burnett said the only tips his deputies worked came from OSBI.

Bobbie Ford said he is friends with Hobbs' former stepson and used to sleep over when Hobbs lived in the neighborhood.

“I called (Norman police) and said I know where he used to live. He has a lot of friends there. I’m sure he’s going to come back," said Ford. "...and for them to come look and ask people, and they said they don’t have the manpower or resources to come out here.”

Both men said the car was hidden in the woods but that they told investigators to search that precise area.

Norman Police spokeswoman Jennifer Newell said police searched the general area where people told them Hobbs could be hiding.

However, she said they did not find him.

When asked why Norman Police did not put up a helicopter to search the area, Newell said after searching the ground, police did not have any reason to believe Hobbs was in the area.

http://www.koco.com/news/22995162/detail.html
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2010, 06:54:37 PM »

thanks to all for the links........another child murdered by a maniac....
I cringe to think what she may have gone through before death.  May he burn in hell for eternity as she flies with the angels and butterflies. Fly Aja, Fly!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2010, 07:39:46 PM »

Oh gosh this is sad, I am so sorry to read she was found dead. I think no matter what we always hold out hope for a happy ending. This little girl had the most precious little face. I am sorry little one this happened to you, RIP.

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2010, 07:40:17 PM »

http://www.koco.com/news/23002587/detail.html
Man Talks About Finding Car, Bodies
Jerry Spotts Could See Small Body Beside Car

POSTED: 2:00 pm CDT March 30, 2010
UPDATED: 5:40 pm CDT March 30, 2010
NORMAN, Okla. --
The man who found Lester Hobbs' Toyota Paseo in a wooded part of an area near Lake Thunderbird spotted not only the vehicle, but a small body as well.

Jerry Spotts, 80, said he was riding an all-terrain vehicle Monday on his land near the lake when he noticed the vehicle. He said that when he got closer to the car he could see a small body wrapped in a blanket lying on the ground.

That body is believed to have been Aja Johnson, 7, kidnapped by Lester Hobbs two months ago, authorities said.

Spotts said he could see the top of a head and noticed the body was badly decomposed. He added that he had seen reports of 7-year-old Aja Johnson and Lester Hobbs in the news and immediately called 911.

He said police were on the scene within minutes.

Spotts said the land is heavily wooded. He believes Hobbs had some knowledge of the area in order to drive his car to that spot.
He said he doesn't want any praise for finding the car and the bodies.

Spotts said he's just glad Aja's family can finally have peace.
Video at link.

~ Peter Frampton
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2010, 10:32:22 PM »

I can hardly even look at her sweet face...right now...this is just so sad.  NO child should go through this.  If the government doesn't do something about ensuring that our children are safe...within reason...(I know that everyone cannot be protected)...but, if the government doesn't crack down on people that show classic signs and have records...and have injunctions against them...and so on...then we the people may end up taking matters into our own hands.  I praise people like Amber's family...that watched Gardner...because the police "couldn't"...I praise people like Betty Gilroy...who pushed and pushed until JAG was kicked out of the neighborhood.  There are tons of people...including Scared Monkeys...to praise...for keeping awareness...for searching for answers...for pushing for stricter laws...and so on...but, without the government support...with laws not only passed...but, enforced...then, our children are not safe...and I know that I am so sick of reading about sweet innocent children being taken WAY too soon.  I myself...would enforce the eye for an eye law...I bet several sex offenders would be "rehabilitated" real quick.  Though, I do believe there is mental illness in some of the criminals...I believe that there is more of lack of accountability...sense of entitlement...lack of consequences...and plain evil...in most.  I'd rather be wrong on a few...and save an innocent child...then play this game where criminals have more rights than the law abiding public.  Not thanking Lester Hobbs in ANY way...but, I am glad that he saved my friends and family in Oklahoma money...and a spot in prison for one of these other losers...I just hope that he didn't die too fast...and was able to feel pain...and I hope that his family "that knew nothing"...carry guilt and sorrow the rest of their days.  And for those of Aja's family that did NOTHING while this little girl lived like this...shame on you...I am sure that your guilt and sorrow will not go away anytime soon.  That may seem a bit harsh...I am sure that they are hurting now...I just wish that people would think BEFORE the tragedy...and tragedies like this don't just happen...there are BIG red flags...all over the place...For those that did help Aja...I am sorry for you...

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2010, 07:15:30 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
Aja Johnson Case: What we know
Posted on March 30th, 2010 by Valhall

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2010, 09:32:39 AM »

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12230915
OSBI Defends Investigation in Aja Johnson Case
Posted: Mar 30, 2010 8:11 PM CDT Updated: Mar 31, 2010 8:20 AM CDT
By Colleen Chen, NEWS 9

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said they did everything they could in the Aja Johnson case. Some tipsters said they were not taken seriously when they told investigators to check out the area where Aja's and Lester Hobbs' bodies were found Monday.

The white Toyota Paseo the public has been asked to keep an eye out for during the last two months was easily spotted by SkyNEWS 9 HD in a heavily wooded area near Lake Thunderbird. OSBI said they never flew over the location because there were never clear cut leads to cause them to do so.

"We have to have a lead to go to a specific area. We can't just fly all over Oklahoma. We did fly over parts of Geronimo, and we flew over the Stroud area," said OSBI Spokeswoman Jessica Brown.

Family members of Lester Hobbs said they suggested the OSBI search in the area where the car and the bodies were ultimately found. Hobbs once lived nearby and his parents are buried in a cemetery just up the road.

Bobie Ford said he used to be friends with Lester Hobbs, and claimed he also tried to get OSBI to search the location.

"What was his tip? So it was a hunch? A gut feeling? We need leads we need they've been spotted somewhere because we're getting hundreds of those, we just saw them here. We have to run with what's most immediate," Brown said in response to the allegations.

Brown said she shouldn't have to defend the OSBI and thinks any public criticism is misdirected.
"We had our people working 18 hour days continuously seven days a week through ice storms. We should be getting accolades for doing as much as we did. We are heartbroken it turned out this way. What we should be focused on is Lester Hobbs. He's the one who perpetrated the crimes," Brown said.

Norman Police assisted OSBI on the case and said they patrolled the area at least three times after receiving tips that Hobbs may return, but they never found anything.

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2010, 09:35:14 AM »

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/texassouthwest/stories/DN-missinggirl_31tex.ART.State.Edition1.4cb9481.html
Bodies found in Oklahoma may be those of man, stepdaughter

06:43 AM CDT on Wednesday, March 31, 2010
The Associated Press

OKLAHOMA CITY – Aja Johnson's mother and father each went to court to prevent Lester Hobbs from seeing the 7-year-old girl, his stepdaughter. Both failed, and now she's dead.
  Tonya Hobbs told the court in August she feared that Hobbs, her estranged husband, would crush the girl's skull with a hammer. J.J. Johnson, who had temporary custody of his daughter, told a judge in November that Hobbs had already hurt the girl and he feared he would do it again.

Still, Johnson let the girl's mother take her to a birthday party, and Tonya Hobbs took the girl to visit Hobbs. On the weekend of Jan. 24, police say, Lester Hobbs bludgeoned his estranged wife to death, kidnapped the girl and disappeared.

Authorities believe they found the pair Monday when a landowner driving through a wooded area near a Norman lake found the decomposing bodies of a man and a girl, along with Tonya Hobbs' missing Toyota Paseo.

Hobbs "probably got a 24-hour jump on law enforcement before anyone knew he was missing," said Jessica Brown, a spokeswoman for the state Bureau of Investigation. "It's possible she [Aja] was already dead by then. We don't know, and I'm not sure anyone will ever know."

Norman police said it appeared the two had been dead at least a month, but a spokeswoman for the state medical examiner's office said it might be impossible to determine the exact time.

The cause of death has not been released.

Tonya Hobbs filed a petition for a protective order against her estranged husband in August but failed to appear for a court hearing, so the case was dropped.
In November, an Oklahoma County judge approved an emergency temporary order granting Johnson custody of the girl and prohibiting unsupervised visits with the girl's mother or any contact with Lester Hobbs.

~ Peter Frampton
LynneinMd.
Scared Monkey

« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2010, 12:20:20 PM »

If Aja's parents went to court to keep her away from Hobb's, why did the mother take her to visit him?  It doesn't make sense to me.  Am I missing something here?
Edward
Monkey Junky

« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2010, 01:05:47 PM »

NORMAN, Okla. -- Two people who knew Lester Hobbs when he lived in Norman said they told investigators exactly where to look when Aja Johnson was first declared missing.

Gene Pierce said Hobbs was his neighbor several years ago.

“I called (the Cleveland County Sheriff's office) and they never went and checked it," he said. "Maybe that girl’s life could have been saved if they would have went and checked it.”

However, Cleveland County Undersheriff Rhett Burnett said his office doesn't have any record of Pierce calling.

The arrogance of investigators.. astounding.

It is the same crap in Escondido.. LE does not listen.. They are too Big Ego-ed to listen.
names and addresses handed to them and yet a year passes and another person murdered.
The culprit was there before there eyes operating the whole time.

It is beyond frustrating.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2010, 06:00:57 PM »

Positive ID's
Bodies ID'd as missing Oklahoma girl and mother's suspected killer
March 31, 2010 5:31 p.m. EDT

Two bodies found this week in Oklahoma are those of a murder suspect and his slain wife's missing 7-year-old daughter, authorities said Wednesday.

The bodies have been identified as Lester William Hobbs, 46, and Aja Daniell Johnson, authorities said at a Wednesday news conference.

The cause and manner of death are still under investigation.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/03/31/oklahoma.bodies.found/?hpt=Sbin

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2010, 11:32:03 AM »

FBI: OSBI declined assistance in search for girl

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - An FBI spokesman says the agency's offer to help search for a missing 7-year-old girl was turned down by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation.

But an OSBI official says an FBI agent was involved in the search for Aja Johnson and her suspected abductor - Lester Hobbs. The bodies of the two were found Monday near Lake Thunderbird in east Norman - about two months after they had disappeared.

FBI spokesman Gary Johnson said Thursday the agency offered its Child Abduction Response Team but the offer was declined.

OSBI agent-in-charge Richard Goss says an FBI agent did work with the OSBI at the command post in the early days of the investigation. Goss says the agent told state authorities they were doing everything that's on a checklist the abduction team uses.

http://www.newson6.com/Global/story.asp?S=12246435
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2010, 11:33:55 AM »

Aja's Grandmother Visits Scene
Alice Dunkin Meets With Man Who Found Girl's Body

NORMAN, Okla. -- The grandmother of Aja Johnson visited the site where the 7-year-old girl's body was found this week.

Alice Dunkin came to the field in south Norman where Jerry Spotts, 80, noticed an unusual vehicle while riding an ATV and called 911. Aja Johnson's body was found inside the white Toyota Paseo that police have been looking for since January.

The girl had been missing for nine weeks after her mother was found slain in Geronimo. Police said Lester Hobbs killed Aja's mother and then kidnapped her. Hobbs was also found dead in the vehicle.

Dunkin also had a chance to meet with Spotts on Thursday. She said it was the only way the family could say thank you.

"If it hadn't been for you, we may never have found her," Dunkin said.

Spotts led Dunkin and Aja's aunt, Tisha Dunkin, to the site.

"It's hard to see where it's at," Alice Dunkin said. "But I wanted to see it."

Tisha Dunkin said she was initially furious after visiting the site.

"He left her out, wraps her in a blanket, throws her outside the car, gets back in and closes the doors and everything for himself," she said. "I know she had to stand there and watch her mother be killed and now, I'm standing right where her body was laying at. That's a clump of her hair. I know it is."

She said finding a little bit of her hair brought peace.

"It's the last thing I have of her," Tisha Dunkin said.

Alice Dunkin said Lester Hobbs fooled her.

"If you ever talk to him, he'd be the nicest man on earth. He turns out to be the devil in disguise," she said.

The medical examiner's office is still trying to find out how Aja and Hobbs died. Toxicology reports should be ready in about six weeks.

Aja Johnson's funeral is scheduled for 1:30 p.m Wednesday at the Vondel L. Smith Chapel on South Western Boulevard. The family has set up a memorial fund and any metro Bancfirst locations will accept donations.

http://www.koco.com/mostpopular/23030055/detail.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: April 02, 2010, 11:36:08 AM »

Under subpoena, Oklahoma killer Lester Hobbs’ kin finally reveal past of threats

LAWTON — In the abduction case of Aja Johnson, where every minute possibly meant the difference between life and death, the relatives of her abductor proved "uncooperative,” investigators said.

Five of Lester Hobbs’ relatives refused to take polygraph tests, said Richard Goss, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agent in charge. Those relatives were forced by subpoena to appear in Comanche County court on March 26 for questioning behind closed doors.

District Attorney Fred Smith and two of his assistants conducted the questioning.

Among those questioned was Mildred Anderson of Geronimo — Hobbs’ sister and matriarch of the family, Smith said.

"There was some unusual conduct that raised some red flags for the OSBI, so they requested the polygraphs to clear up a few matters,” Smith said. "They initially agreed to take the polygraph tests, but then failed to show up. Then they refused ... at that point OSBI began to see them as uncooperative.

"Basically, we wanted to gather some general information so we could exclude them from aiding and abetting in that crime.”

The questioning lasted six hours.

Smith learned that Hobbs had not only threatened at various times to kill his estranged wife and Aja’s mother, Tonya LeAnn Hobbs, and her children but also his brother, Buck Hobbs.

Those threats preceded a Jan. 23 family dinner at Anderson’s house that included Lester Hobbs. Aja also was at the dinner.

"The strange thing is all these people are now gathered in one place down in Geronimo,” Smith said. "Who’s invited to dinner? Buck. Who comes down from Oklahoma City? Tonya. It was like pouring gasoline on the fire.”

The day after that family dinner, Anderson found the bludgeoned body of Tonya Hobbs in Lester Hobbs’ trailer home. Lester Hobbs, Aja and Tonya Hobbs’ 1992 white Toyota Paseo also were gone.

"Mildred Anderson told me there were several places Lester could have went to hide,” Smith said. "I think that’s an important point, especially in light of the fact OSBI is getting hammered on this point.”

Anderson offered three possible locations: Mexico, a remote spot in the Texas Panhandle that Lester had discovered during his travels and California, where he had an "anti- social” brother who could "survive in the wilderness like a mountain man,” Smith said.

http://www.newsok.com/under-subpoena-oklahoma-killer-lester-hobbs-kin-finally-reveal-past-of-threats/article/3450836?custom_click=pod_headline_crime
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #118 on: April 02, 2010, 11:38:59 AM »

FBI, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation differ on handling of Aja Johnson search

EDMOND — The FBI offered the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation the assistance of its Child Abduction Response Team in the search for 7-year-old Aja Johnson, but their proposal was declined, FBI spokesman Gary Johnson said Thursday.

"We offered our assistance,” Johnson said.

"That offer was declined. I don’t know why, but we were disappointed and frustrated our offer for assistance was declined.”

The Child Abduction Response Team is composed of special agents from across the nation who are experienced in such cases.

Johnson said the team is on call 24 hours a day and can be flown in at any time to assist local agencies with abduction cases.

OSBI agent-in-charge Richard Goss said the FBI was involved in the case.

"In fact, we had an FBI agent working with us in the command post during the early days of the investigation,” Goss said.

Goss said the FBI agent had a checklist the abduction team uses, "and he told us we were already doing everything on that list.”

The U.S. Marshals Service also played a key role in the investigation, overseeing the fugitive aspect of the search, Goss said.

Helicopters used in search, official says
Aja Johnson’s remains were discovered by a property owner Monday in woods east of Norman near Lake Thunderbird. Her decomposing body lay on the ground under a faded red blanket.
The body of her abductor, Lester Williams Hobbs, was nearby — inside the 1992 white Toyota Paseo that once belonged to the girl’s mother, Tonya LeAnn Hobbs.

Investigators said Lester Hobbs beat to death his estranged wife, Tonya, with a hammer Jan. 24 in Comanche County before fleeing with Aja.

Authorities say they don’t know what means Lester Hobbs used to kill Aja or himself.

The bodies were found in a small clearing on rural, private property — less than a mile from where Lester Hobbs’ parents are buried at the Denver Cemetery and about the same distance from where he once lived with a former wife.

An OSBI airplane, U.S. Marshals Service airplane and Oklahoma Highway Patrol helicopters were used at various times during the two-month investigation, Goss said.

At no point were aerial searches conducted over the woods where the bodies were recovered, he said.

Manned surveillance, however, was done nearby at the Denver Cemetery.

"There’s more than 67,000 square miles in the state of Oklahoma,” Goss said. "It’s impossible to think we could have covered every square inch.”

http://www.newsok.com/fbi-oklahoma-state-bureau-of-investigation-differ-on-handling-of-aja-johnson-search/article/3450835?custom_click=headlines_widget
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2010, 11:40:29 AM »

ME's Office: Hobbs Possibly Committed Suicide
KSBI News

Story Created: Apr 1, 2010 at 4:00 PM CDT

Story Updated: Apr 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM CDT

More details about the tragic death of seven-year-old Aja Johnson and her kidnapper Lester Hobbs are becoming available.

Their bodies were discovered Monday in Cleveland County. The state Medical Examiner's office says it is treating Aja's death as a homicide and Hobbs' as a suicide. Pending toxicology reports will help confirm the cause of death. The M.E.'s office says Hobbs didn't have any stab wounds or a gunshot wound, so it is possible he overdosed.

Police say Hobbs killed Aja's mother, Tonya, before kidnapping Aja. The M.E.'s office has made its final ruling in her death-- they say she was beaten and stabbed.

http://www.ksbitv.com/news/89721072.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.