March 28, 2024, 02:50:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aja Johnson 7 missing / mother found dead Geronimo OK 1/24/09(BODY FOUND)  (Read 44669 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2010, 11:42:22 AM »

Aja's family talks about abuse (with video)

OKLAHOMA CITY - As Alice Dunkin tries to hold back the tears, she opens up about the man who reportedly kidnapped then killed her granddaughter, seven-year-old Aja Johnson. For a couple of months Dunkin lived with Aja, Aja's mother Tonya Hobbs, and Aja's stepfather Lester Hobbs. Dunkin told us she called the Oklahoma Department of Human Services a few times after she saw Lester Hobbs abuse Aja.

Dunkin says, "He's left bruises on Aja and I speak my mind and he didn't care for me because I speak my mind you know."

Dunkin wasn't the only one warning DHS about the abuse. Aja's father, J.J. Johnson, was battling for custody.

He says Lester was, "Forcing my daughter to eat jalapeno peppers and making her go out and pick up rocks and clean them with a toothbrush." He says DHS employees took Aja and her sister from the Hobbs' home and placed them in a foster home once on allegations Lester took a bath with the girls. Johnson says, "And yet they placed my daughter in that kind of harms way. I just don't understand Oklahoma's Department of Human Services. How do they justify that?"

We spoke with officials at DHS about Aja Johnson's case. They wouldn't comment citing confidentiality restrictions. They say they can't talk about her case because no one's been charged with her death.

J.J. Johnson eventually won custody of his daughter, but says Aja's time with Hobbs took it's toll. Her family also told us some of the key people involved Aja's case are the same DHS employees who worked on the Kelsey Briggs case. After months of documented abuse Kelsey was placed back into an abusive home. She died of abuse in 2005 at age two.

Dunkin says, "Kelsey and now Aja. If DHS had done their job, they might have both been alive today."

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-aja-family-talks-about-abuse,0,6225217.story
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2010, 11:45:07 AM »

Aja Johnson’s dad says note revealed killer’s ire (with video)

EDMOND — Lester William Hobbs left only a violent legacy, including the killing of 7-year-old Aja Johnson, and a note for the world to read when he killed himself in a wooded area east of Norman.

J.J. Johnson said Wednesday he learned of the note’s contents from investigators, adding that it only revealed the true character of his daughter’s killer.

"Lester went on in the note ... blaming all these people for his problems — Tonya, myself, his parents,” said Johnson, Aja’s father. "He named off all these people. Everyone but himself. What a coward.”

Now Johnson is left to bury his daughter.

Authorities, meanwhile, confirmed Wednesday what many already thought: The bodies discovered Monday by a local property owner were indeed those of Aja and Hobbs. Fingerprints and tattoos were used to positively identify Hobbs, while Aja’s dental records confirmed her identity.

"As far as cause and manner of death, our pathologists are still working on making those determinations, they are both still pending, and I believe we are waiting on toxicology screening … that could be anywhere from three weeks to six weeks,” said Cherokee Ballard, spokeswoman for the state medical examiner’s office.

"When a body is decomposing, it makes it difficult.”

Pathologists also stressed that it might be difficult to tell how long the bodies were at the location — a spot less than a mile from where Hobbs once lived and his parents are buried.

For Johnson, the search for elusive answers won’t ease the pain of viewing her remains.

"I don’t want to see her that way,” Johnson said. "She’s been lying out there ... . All that’s left is hair and a skeleton. I don’t want to see that. I want to remember her like the last time I saw her, walking out of the house, saying, ‘I love you, Daddy.’”

Girl may have witnessed killing
Investigators said they think the girl witnessed Lester Hobbs beat her mother, Tonya LeAnn Hobbs, to death in January inside a Geronimo trailer home. OSBI agent-in-charge Richard Goss theorized that Aja was perhaps even "lying by her mother’s side on a sofa.”
A hammer was later recovered at the Geronimo murder scene — a weapon investigators think was used to kill Tonya Hobbs.

In a 2009 request in Lincoln County for a protective order, she wrote: "My husband has threatened to hit my daughters in the head with a hammer and kill them. He also threatened to kill me if I left him.”

Johnson wonders whether Tonya stepped in front of Aja to protect her from Lester.

"I was a pallbearer at her funeral, and they couldn’t put her hands on her chest because they were so badly mangled. That’s how much she tried to defend herself.”

MORE...

http://newsok.com/girls-dad-says-note-revealed-a-coward/article/3450534
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2010, 11:46:41 AM »

Father of Kidnapping Victim Remembers Daughter (with video)
KSBI News

"She was just a wonderful 7-year-old girl, happy, loving. She was just a little sponge absorbing everything she could. She just enjoyed life," said J.J. Johnson, Aja's father.

J.J. Johnson's little girl who loved life had hers taken way too soon.

Although Johnson still has many questions, he says now he is finally at peace.

For weeks he's been having premonitions, like someone was trying to tell him something and now he says that feeling is gone.

"Just like someone was there that hadn't been there you know but now I realize that was Aja and Tonya trying to help me find closure to all of this and I believe in a spiritual way they probably helped move Jerry out there," said Johnson.

Jerry Spott found Hobbs' white paseo and 2 bodies in Norman on Monday.

Johnson says this discovery finally gave his family closure.

He says even though she's gone, his sweet and spunky little girl will never be forgotten.

"I can still hear her little voice saying, I love you daddy," said Johnson.

http://www.ksbitv.com/news/89640342.html
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: April 02, 2010, 11:49:13 AM »

Hobbs' ex-wife speaks (with video)

NORMAN, OK -- For the first time, we hear one woman's chilling account of her 13-year marriage to Lester Hobbs. He's the man accused of kidnapping and killing 7-year-old Aja Johnson. Authorities believe her body was found Monday in a wooded area near Lake Thunderbird. Tuesday, authorities towed away the car that Hobbs allegedly used to abduct the girl. They believe he also killed himself inside this vehicle.

Hobbs' ex-wife said her testimony put Hobbs in prison several years ago.

She said he'd abused her for years and he told her that if he ever went to prison for it, he'd hunt her down and kill her; as soon as Hobbs and Aja went missing this woman went into hiding.

"I knew he was out there somewhere," Sherrill Campbell said.

She was convinced he was in a place the two of them knew very well.

Campbell lived there with him for 13 years, less than a mile from where the car was found.

It was a car well-known across the country and inside it was a little girl who seemingly vanished without a trace, until Jerry Spotts made a shocking discovery.

"I could tell it was a white car and there was a body beside the car," Spotts said. "So, I just backed away and called 911."

He stumbled upon the infamous white Toyota while out surveying his land, immediately recognized the car, and on the passenger's side on the ground, he saw a body.

"It was covered with a blanket. I could tell it was a small body and all I could see was the head," Spotts said. "I could tell it was decomposed pretty bad."

It was an end no one wanted and an end Sherrill is convinced she was almost a part of after Lester's family called authorities.

"The police department in Norman called me and told me that one of his family members had called and said they were afraid for my life," she said. "[They] said he had just killed somebody and was coming to hunt for me."

She says she'll never forget the abuse she suffered for more than a decade with Hobbs.

"He beat me with extension cords and held a machete to the back of my neck," Sherrill said. "I was in fear of my life. The last thing he told me when I saw him in prison was that he was going to hunt me down and kill me."

She is still in hiding and still trying to come to terms with what happened.

MORE...

http://www.kfor.com/news/local/kfor-news-hobbs-exwife-speaks-story,0,3501565.story

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2010, 08:43:08 AM »

Autopsy: 7-year-old girl died 'violent' death

posted 04/06/10 7:09 am
Oklahoma - OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - A partial autopsy report on 7-year-old Aja Johnson says the girl died a "violent, unusual or unnatural" death. The girl's body was found last week near Norman with the body of Lester Hobbs. Police believe Hobbs abducted the girl and killed her then himself after killing his estranged wife - Tonya Hobbs - on Jan. 24. The partial autopsy report released Monday says Aja Johnson suffered cuts to her neck - but does not give a suspected cause of death.

A report on Hobbs also says he died a violent death but does not list a cause. The autopsy report on Tonya Hobbs says she was stabbed in the abdomen and neck and beaten in the head with a heavy instrument - possibly a hammer.
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0410/722836.html
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 08:47:38 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2010, 10:07:10 AM »

After reading the latest posts (articles)...well, I really couldn't finish reading them...it was too difficult...I pray that God is a vengeful God...I pray that there really is a hell that lasts FOREVER...and that Hobbs is placed in the hottest part of it.  I would go even as far to say that I pray that this hell...includes tortures that we have never heard of or could even imagine... I am not one to feel like that...though I am angered by anyone that harms a child...THIS MAN WAS EVIL...PURE EVIL! "...the girl died a "violent, unusual or unnatural" death."  I am just sick right now!

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2010, 01:45:37 PM »

Autopsy: 7-year-old girl died 'violent' death

posted 04/06/10 7:09 am
Oklahoma - OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - A partial autopsy report on 7-year-old Aja Johnson says the girl died a "violent, unusual or unnatural" death. The girl's body was found last week near Norman with the body of Lester Hobbs. Police believe Hobbs abducted the girl and killed her then himself after killing his estranged wife - Tonya Hobbs - on Jan. 24. The partial autopsy report released Monday says Aja Johnson suffered cuts to her neck - but does not give a suspected cause of death.

A report on Hobbs also says he died a violent death but does not list a cause. The autopsy report on Tonya Hobbs says she was stabbed in the abdomen and neck and beaten in the head with a heavy instrument - possibly a hammer.
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0410/722836.html

how awful for this little child...this Hobbs is truly an animal!

how can someone who murders himself (Hobbs) die a violent death? how do you do that to yourself?

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2010, 02:40:20 PM »

I would think he either stabbed or shot himself. I hope he lingered on and on and felt every bit of the pain it would cause.

I pray that little Aja's spirit left her body before this monster killed her. I pray an angel took her straight to heaven and she felt nothing. She was a beautiful child, just so pretty. Heartbreaking ending. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2010, 04:00:11 PM »

Aja Johnson 7 year Old Buried Today in Oklahoma City
April 07, 2010 03:00 PM EDT

Aja Johnson a 7 year old girl in Oklahoma City is being buried today after her body was found beside the murderer of her mother.  Her mother, Tonya Hobbs, was murdered by her estranged husband, Lester Hobbs.

The child was taken and an amber alert was issued.  Everyone looked for Aja Johnson, the 7 year old daughter.  Well, Aja Johnson's body was found with Lester Hobbs in their Toyota in a remote area near Lake Thunderbird, in Norman, Oklahoma.

The child, Aja Johnson, had several knife wounds but we don't know the exact cause of her death or that of Lester Hobbs, but both are dead.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978158276

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2010, 09:44:06 AM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
Aja Danielle Johnson: In Memoriam
Posted on April 8th, 2010 by Valhall

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2010, 12:41:03 PM »

Daily published photos: April 8, 2010
J.J. Johnson kneels in front of his daughter Aja Johnson's casket during her funeral at Vondel L. Smith and Son's South Colonial Chapel in Oklahoma City on Wednesday, April 7, 2010. Photo by John Clanton, The Oklahoman
Photo | Apr 8, 2010

Read more: http://newsok.com/search?search=aja+johnson&nav=&search_what=newsok&x=24&y=8#ixzz0kWlh7j7q

Slide show here.   http://newsok.com/multimedia/photos/gallery/600645/31/906747?custom_click=search

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: April 08, 2010, 12:43:10 PM »

http://www.thehinkymeter.com/
Aja Danielle Johnson: In Memoriam
Posted on April 8th, 2010 by Valhall

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #132 on: April 08, 2010, 12:46:07 PM »

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: April 08, 2010, 02:11:25 PM »

OH Geeeeezeeeeeee 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2010, 09:56:18 AM »

Norman police obtained warrants to search Lester Hobbs’ 1992 Toyota Paseo and the land adjacent to the vehicle on March 29.

Detectives seized the following items from the car:

· Three sections of rope

· Two knives

· Three automotive hand tools

· Fifteen articles of clothing

· Assorted papers from driver side visor, console and glove box

· Two pair of footwear

· Two seat covers

· One booster seat

· Four beverage containers

· Four bags/purses

· Assorted loose items: pens, change, trash, etc.

· Remains of a spare tire cover

· Latent prints

· Hoses and clamps

· One wheel cover

Detectives seized the following items from the field:

· Automobile engine coolant reservoir

· Red plastic candy bag

· Crumpled paper

· One piece of blue fabric

· Red mechanic rag

· Empty plastic water bottle

· Section of spare tire cover

· Four-way tire tool

· Silver sequin blouse

· Elementary notepaper with writing

· Soil samples

· Plastic measuring cup

· One old hunting boot

· One old gray shirt

http://normantranscript.com/headlines/x1612532257/Evidence-recovered-from-car-field-in-missing-child-case

Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2010, 02:07:06 PM »

Oh gosh that poem was heartbreaking and the pic of the dad at the casket? 
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2010, 07:14:57 PM »

Oh gosh that poem was heartbreaking and the pic of the dad at the casket? 

yes..very sad.....she deserved so much more ....

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: April 11, 2010, 07:36:32 PM »

Causes pending
Partial autopsy reports were released Monday for Aja Johnson and Lester Hobbs. Cause and manner of death are still pending while the medical examiner awaits results of toxicology testing. The reports released Monday do not give an estimated date of death, but list the type of death for both as "violent, unusual or unnatural.”
The reports describe both bodies as decomposed and mummified. Both bodies were clothed.

The left front side of Aja Johnson’s neck had four to five cuts, exposing the cervical spine, the report said. Medical examiners noted the wounds were cuts, versus tears, and that flesh on the right side of the neck was missing.

snipped from
http://www.newsok.com/tonya-leann-hobbs-autopsy-indicates-multiple-stabbings/article/3451649?custom_click=pod_headline_movie-reviews

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: April 11, 2010, 10:37:50 PM »

Causes pending
Partial autopsy reports were released Monday for Aja Johnson and Lester Hobbs. Cause and manner of death are still pending while the medical examiner awaits results of toxicology testing. The reports released Monday do not give an estimated date of death, but list the type of death for both as "violent, unusual or unnatural.”
The reports describe both bodies as decomposed and mummified. Both bodies were clothed.

The left front side of Aja Johnson’s neck had four to five cuts, exposing the cervical spine, the report said. Medical examiners noted the wounds were cuts, versus tears, and that flesh on the right side of the neck was missing.

snipped from
http://www.newsok.com/tonya-leann-hobbs-autopsy-indicates-multiple-stabbings/article/3451649?custom_click=pod_headline_movie-reviews

Just this short description of Aja's injuries makes me think   Lester Hobbs tortured her.   
« Last Edit: April 11, 2010, 10:41:35 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2010, 04:39:46 PM »

ME: Okla. man drank antifreeze to kill himself

posted 05/07/10 3:07 pm
Oklahoma (AP) - OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - The state Medical Examiner's office says a man accused of abducting a 7-year-old girl who later was found dead committed suicide by apparently ingesting antifreeze. The agency released its autopsy findings on 46-year-old Lester Hobbs on Friday. The nine-page report says Hobbs died of acute ethylene glycol intoxication. Ethylene glycol is a primary ingredient of automobile antifreeze. The bodies of Aja Johnson and Hobbs, who was her stepfather, were found March 29 in a rural part of Norman, along with a missing car that belonged to the girl's mother, Tonya Hobbs. Tonya Hobbs was found dead Jan. 24. When authorities searched in and around the car, they found an empty radiator overfill jug which had been removed from the engine.
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0510/733814.html

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.