March 28, 2024, 05:07:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Aja Johnson 7 missing / mother found dead Geronimo OK 1/24/09(BODY FOUND)  (Read 44684 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2010, 11:15:25 AM »

ME: Okla. man drank antifreeze to kill himself

posted 05/07/10 3:07 pm
Oklahoma (AP) - OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - The state Medical Examiner's office says a man accused of abducting a 7-year-old girl who later was found dead committed suicide by apparently ingesting antifreeze. The agency released its autopsy findings on 46-year-old Lester Hobbs on Friday. The nine-page report says Hobbs died of acute ethylene glycol intoxication. Ethylene glycol is a primary ingredient of automobile antifreeze. The bodies of Aja Johnson and Hobbs, who was her stepfather, were found March 29 in a rural part of Norman, along with a missing car that belonged to the girl's mother, Tonya Hobbs. Tonya Hobbs was found dead Jan. 24. When authorities searched in and around the car, they found an empty radiator overfill jug which had been removed from the engine.
http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0510/733814.html

It doesn't sound like Lester Hobbs died an easy death:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antifreeze
(snip) Symptoms of antifreeze poisoning include severe diarrhea and vomiting; usually farther into the intoxication, signs of delirium, paranoia and intense hallucinations manifest (snip)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethylene_glycol_poisoning
Ethylene glycol poisoning is caused by the ingestion of ethylene glycol. Ethylene glycol is most commonly found as the primary ingredient of automobile antifreeze  and hydraulic brake fluids. It is a toxic, colorless, odorless, almost nonvolatile liquid with a sweet taste. Following ingestion the symptoms of poisoning follow a three step progression starting with intoxication and vomiting, before causing metabolic acidosis, cardiovascular dysfunction, and finally acute kidney failure.(snip)

Signs and symptoms

Symptoms of ethylene glycol poisoning usually follow a three-step progression, although poisoned individuals will not always develop each stage.[3]

* Stage 1 (0.5 to 12 hours) consists of neurological and gastrointestinal symptoms; people may appear to be intoxicated, exhibiting symptoms such as dizziness, incoordination of muscle movements, nystagmus, headaches, slurred speech, and confusion. Irritation to the stomach may cause nausea and vomiting.[3] Over time, the body metabolizes ethylene glycol into other toxins.
    * Stage 2 (12 to 36 hours) is a result of accumulation of organic acids formed by the metabolism of ethylene glycol and consists of increased heart rate, high blood pressure, hyperventilation, and metabolic acidosis. Additionally low calcium levels in the blood, overactive muscle reflexes, muscle spasms, QT interval prolongation, and congestive heart failure may occur. If untreated, death most commonly occurs during this period.[3]
    * Stage 3 (24 to 72 hours) of ethylene glycol poisoning is the result of kidney injury. Symptoms include acute tubular necrosis, red blood cells in the urine, excess proteins in the urine, lower back pain, decreased production of urine, absent production of urine, elevated blood level of potassium, and acute kidney failure.[10][11] If kidney failure occurs it is typically reversible, although weeks or months of supportive care including hemodialysis may be required before kidney function returns.[3]

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #141 on: May 16, 2010, 11:22:40 AM »

Good ... 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #142 on: May 20, 2010, 02:32:57 PM »

I hope he puked his liver out and ate it.
 pukel

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #143 on: May 27, 2010, 02:30:19 PM »

Horrific abuse marked last three years of Aja Johnson’s life

Thursday, May 27, 2010

DHS FAILED aja johnson in every single way possible; just as responsible for her horrific life and death as lester hobbs.

http://armenianladydentist.blogspot.com/2010/05/dhs-failed-aja-johnson-in-every-single.html

BY RANDY ELLIS     Oklahoman
Published: May 27, 2010

Records show the state Department of Human Services received seven reports of abuse and neglect in the two years leading up to Aja’s abduction, but the agency pushed for months to keep Aja and her stepsister in Hobbs’ home, according to a death review report issued by the Oklahoma Commission on Children and Youth.

Beth Scott, a DHS spokeswoman, said the state agency tries to assist parents in keeping families together when workers believe children can be kept safe, but determining whether children will be safe is often not an easy task.

The bodies of Hobbs, 47, and Aja, 7, were found near Norman on March 29, more than two months after both disappeared and Aja’s mother was found dead in Hobbs’ motor home in Geronimo. The state medical examiner ruled Hobbs committed suicide by consuming antifreeze after apparently killing his wife and stepdaughter.

A family friend was granted custody of Aja’s stepsister and filed guardianship papers in February.

Aja, stepsister both spent time in foster care
The new report shows Aja was repeatedly abused and required psychiatric care in the years leading up to her death.

Aja told authorities in November that when her biological father sent her clothes, Hobbs cut them up and made her carry the ripped clothes around.

Hobbs also would grab her by her hair and make her clean the floor with a toothbrush, she reported.

Aja’s stepsister said Hobbs also "whipped them with a paddle and rammed Aja’s head into a wall.”

Aja and her stepsister were placed in a foster home in July 2006, but DHS returned the girls to Hobbs’ home in May 2007 for a trial reunification, the report states.

Problems surfaced almost immediately.

In July 2007, a Comprehensive Home-Based Services (CHBS) worker documented that Aja’s mother reported Hobbs had been throwing lit firecrackers into the girls’ bedroom to wake them in the morning. The worker told Hobbs to stop doing that because it was a fire hazard.

The worker also reported Hobbs admitted spanking the children with a flexible ruler and quoted a defiant Hobbs as saying, "if DHS doesn’t like the way that he disciplines his children, they can take them back and raise the children themselves.”

A Lincoln County DHS worker told Hobbs the next day that "as a parent he had the right to spank Aja,” but if he started leaving bruises on the children "it would be a different situation.”

Aja and her stepsister were removed briefly from the home on July 20, 2007, because of a crisis in the home that required law enforcement intervention, but they were returned four days later. A week later, DHS recommended that the children continue living in the Hobbs home in DHS custody.

A Lincoln County judge approved continuation of the reunification plan.

In September 2007, Aja reported to a CHBS worker that Hobbs had used a knife to cut up all the new clothes her biological father had given her. The worker also documented that Hobbs had slashed Aja’s mattress and sheets with a knife because he was angry with her and had gotten into a fight with a neighbor and threatened to stab the person.

The worker quizzed Hobbs about bruises found on Aja in late June 2007, and quoted Hobbs as saying he had been angry with Aja and "probably hit her too hard.”

First report made in 2004
The first official allegation of abuse was filed in September 2007, when a complaint was filed with DHS over a 3-inch by 4-inch bruise on then 4-year-old Aja’s back. The reporting individual said Aja initially said Hobbs had caused the bruise by whipping her but later said the bruise was caused by a dog jumping on her.

It also was reported that Aja had drawn a picture of a naked man and stated she had taken a lot of baths with her stepfather.

A DHS worker documented the bruises the next day and said Aja stated Hobbs had told her not to let anyone see them. The worker said Aja denied bathing with her stepfather.

DHS ended the trial reunification and returned the girls to foster care on Sept. 26, 2007.

A month later, however, a Lincoln County judge approved another reunification plan to be implemented after the parents completed parenting and marital counseling sessions. The children were placed back in the Hobbs home in March 2008 for another trial reunification.

Lincoln County DHS workers stated in May 2008 they thought the "children were conditionally safe” based on their evaluation of risk factors but said Aja needed to be evaluated because she continued to "make statements that she wanted to burn the house down or cut someone with a knife.”

The children were briefly removed from the home in May 2008 when Aja was placed in an inpatient psychiatric facility and her stepsister was returned to foster care, but nine days later a Lincoln County judge approved a plan for them to be reunited with Hobbs and their mother.

Aja was admitted to a children’s behavioral health hospital because of "violent tendencies toward herself and her family” on June 10, 2008, but was released July 18, 2008, and placed back in the Hobbs home for another trial reunification.

In a bizarre turn of events, a CHBS worker reported on Sept. 30, 2008, that Aja’s mother had called attorneys to report she had relapsed on drugs. Three days later, DHS recommended that a judge release Aja and her sister from DHS supervision and allow both children to continue living in the home of Hobbs and their mother. The judge followed the recommendation and dismissed the case.

Abuse reports continued – with a few even arriving after she disappeared.

Abuse reports in 2009-2010
A number of abuse and neglect reports were made after 2008:

• On April 16, 2009, DHS received a report that Aja, then 6, was engaging in inappropriate sexual conduct with boys and that Hobbs was a threat to the children and anyone who questioned him. DHS concluded the children remained safe.

• On June 17, DHS received a report Aja had been out sick from school for a full week and the reporter was concerned the child might be too bruised to go to school. DHS screened out the report as not indicating abuse.

• On Aug. 5, DHS received an abuse complaint that alleged Hobbs had hit Aja’s mother and taken her car keys to prevent her from leaving. DHS was told Hobbs had forced Aja to scrub the floor with a toothbrush for stealing cookies from his bedroom. When DHS investigated, the children told a worker Hobbs had "threatened to kill them with a hammer.” Aja’s mother told the worker she wanted to leave the house, but no beds were available in area women’s shelters. The worker told the mother she needed to keep Hobbs away from the children or she could be charged with child endangerment. The worker recommended to the district attorney that "Mr. and Mrs. Hobbs not expose the children to any domestic violence and Mrs. Hobbs continue to protect her children from any abuse or neglect.”

• On Sept. 10, DHS received a neglect complaint. DHS was told Aja was exhibiting serious behavior problems and had been abandoned by her mother. DHS screened out the complaint after Aja’s mother was found in a local hospital being treated for a health condition. DHS said someone was caring for the children.

• On Oct. 29, DHS officials in McClain County received a report that Aja had been seriously abused and abandoned by her mother with a friend and neighbor. The reporting party said the mother refused to turn over guardianship of the children because she needed their "checks.” The person also said the mother had returned the children to Hobbs, who had "beat them to a pulp” in the past. DHS screened out the report as not alleging abuse or neglect.

• On Nov. 2, DHS received a seventh report of abuse or neglect involving Hobbs and his wife. When DHS investigated, it found living arrangements had changed and Aja had been taken to live with her biological father and her stepsister was living with a friend. The biological father signed a safety plan to keep Aja away from Hobbs and not allow her to leave his home with her mother. The father was granted a temporary custody order in Oklahoma County civil court.

• DHS subsequently received two more abuse reports — after Aja had been abducted.

source: http://www.newsok.com/aja-sister-sent-home-despite-abuse-reports/article/3464149?custom_click=pod_lead_crime

every single person at DHS who overlooked and allowed this abuse to continue should go on trial for a life sentence. they knew very well what was going on and basically handed this little girl and her sister over to hobbs on a silver platter.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #144 on: May 27, 2010, 02:43:02 PM »

The death of Hobbs at his own hands, only means the world is now a better place.  But IMO, the deaths of Aja and her mother is also at the hands of DHS and the court system!  Each and every DHS worker and the judge/s who signed off on anything re Aja/sister/mom/Hobbs *ought to be* held accountable and charged with the deaths of Aja and her mom.  IMO. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #145 on: May 27, 2010, 02:51:19 PM »

what does "conditionally safe" mean?
it means you're as good as dead.
Unbelievable!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #146 on: May 27, 2010, 03:19:51 PM »

Very true, Sister! 

These gov't agencies have GOT to be held accountable!  What can we, as concerned citizens, do..... to help ensure that they are??  Write letters?  And if so, to whom, where would we start?  Would those letters even be read or taken seriously? 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #147 on: May 27, 2010, 03:23:27 PM »

Anyone who wishes to do so..... can take a complete copy of the article written upthread, print it out, and send it snail mail to:

Oklahoma Department of Human Services
2400 N. Lincoln Blvd.
Oklahoma City, OK 73105

and also:
P.O. Box 25352
Oklahoma City, OK 73125

I guess that's a start.  Looking for more addresses we can try.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #148 on: May 27, 2010, 03:29:31 PM »

This is NOT the first time OK DHS has been in trouble, and am thinking it won't be the last. 

The Oklahoman's Watchdog team is a dedicated group of journalists here to expose corruption in Oklahoma. If you have any information about possible fraud, waste or abuse click on the Whistle Blower link below or call (405) 475-3322 and let us know.

They already are on top of the info re Aja, have posted the same article we have upthread

http://newsok.com/news/dhs

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #149 on: May 27, 2010, 03:36:03 PM »

what does "conditionally safe" mean?
it means you're as good as dead.
Unbelievable!

Am gonna contact that watchdog group.  They've prolly got a mountain of stuff on the OK DHS re previous cases.  Am almost afraid to find out how many other children are at risk, perhaps dead like Aja, because DHS acted in their cases the way they did for Aja. 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #150 on: May 31, 2010, 09:56:34 PM »

I am appalled at what this child had to go through! she was acting out, hoping that someone would help her! she even told what was going on in that house ..she was probably beaten even more after he found out that she had told on him..
What the hell!! I am so angry. I was reading the above and I found myself clinching my fist and shaking my head in disbelief! I am going to send a letter to the above addresses...You bet I am! God I am so angry!

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #151 on: May 31, 2010, 10:03:01 PM »

just printed out my letter along with some not so nice words for them! I am spitting mad and I let them know that they failed this child!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #152 on: June 03, 2010, 09:34:48 PM »

I hear ya Cookie!  I'm beyond angry myself, am at a slow burn.  Which my sons can tell anyone is past the 'ut oh, lookout now!' stage. 

Thank you for sending a letter!  Have sent some of my own, and haven't heard a squeak out of anyone yet.  Am giving them a few more days cuz of the 3-day weekend and all.  On Monday tho, am sending copies again, then contacting some others.  Might have to take this all the way to the governor or one of the Senators/Congressmen. 

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2010, 11:46:46 PM »

I hear ya Cookie!  I'm beyond angry myself, am at a slow burn.  Which my sons can tell anyone is past the 'ut oh, lookout now!' stage. 

Thank you for sending a letter!  Have sent some of my own, and haven't heard a squeak out of anyone yet.  Am giving them a few more days cuz of the 3-day weekend and all.  On Monday tho, am sending copies again, then contacting some others.  Might have to take this all the way to the governor or one of the Senators/Congressmen. 

Wyks and Cookie, I haven't heard a word either.  Do you know if the watchdog group is making any progress?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #154 on: June 12, 2010, 09:26:08 PM »

Sister...don't know..
I have not heard anything either...we can only hope that they were so overwhelmed with letters that they haven't gotten to ours yet? would be nice to get some sortof reply ....

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #155 on: June 13, 2010, 10:27:41 PM »

Sister...don't know..
I have not heard anything either...we can only hope that they were so overwhelmed with letters that they haven't gotten to ours yet? would be nice to get some sortof reply ....
Cookie, I really don't expect them to reply -- I just want them to get thousands of letters!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #156 on: June 25, 2010, 03:13:33 PM »

Autopsy for Aja Johnson being delivered to her father

The autopsy detailing how Aja Johnson died has been released. The medical examiner's office is to hand-deliver it this afternoon to the home of the slain girl's father.

FROM STAFF REPORTS Oklahoman   
Published: June 25, 2010

The state medical examiner has completed the final autopsy report for Aja Johnson, the 7-year-old Oklahoma City child abducted and slain by her stepfather, Lester Hobbs.

The report is expected to be hand-delivered to Aja's father, J.J. Johnson, at 1:15 today at his south Oklahoma City home.

Hobbs took his own life by consuming antifreeze, the state medical examiner's office reported earlier.

The decomposed bodies of Hobbs and Aja were found March 29 in woods southeast of Norman. Hobbs' remains were inside the white Toyota Paseo that state agents said he used in Aja's abduction.

Aja's body was near the car, covered with a blanket. At the time the bodies were found, it had been more than two months since they disappeared.

Tonya Hobbs, Aja's mother and Lester Hobbs' estranged wife, was found dead Jan. 24 inside his motor home in Geronimo, about 100 miles southwest of Oklahoma City.

The discovery of her body led to a statewide manhunt for Lester Hobbs and Aja.

http://newsok.com/autopsy-for-aja-johnson-being-delivered-to-her-father/article/3471236

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
akmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #157 on: June 26, 2010, 02:59:02 AM »

Rest in the arms of the angels sweet Aja

I will ALWAYS stand with the girls, Natalee and Caylee, forever.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #158 on: September 16, 2010, 01:18:35 PM »

Sister...don't know..
Cookie, I really don't expect them to reply -- I just want them to get thousands of letters!

I never did get a reply . . . anyone?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: September 18, 2010, 08:45:50 AM »

Sister...don't know..

I never did get a reply . . . anyone?

nope..sure did not...cowards that they are won't reply!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.